Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of MODX, and make your voice heard!
PRO - Perfect for customers with typical marketing sites
STUDIO - Perfect for customers who need more power and resources
Entry-level set up fee?
- Setup fee optional
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
The MODX Digital Experience Platform provides everything you need to build, host, and maintain amazing websites your way.
The vendor says that with MODX CMS and cloud hosting, users have complete control over their creative vision and the experiences they deliver, without restriction or compromise. They can focus more on building great digital experiences, and less on hosting and maintaining. If you ever need help, MODX Professionals are available worldwide and direct support from the MODX team is available anytime.
According to the vendor, MODX CMS is the fastest, most flexible, scalable and secure open source PHP CMS. Launch any design and use any front-end framework you want—if you can prototype it, MODX can power it with pixel-perfect precision. Extend MODX capabilities with MODX Extras, an ever-expanding collection of plugins and integrations perfectly built to help you get the most from MODX.
Build, host, and maintain all your PHP projects with MODX Cloud Hosting. While built to get the most from MODX CMS, MODX Cloud brings blazing-fast, secured, maintained and well supported hosting for any modern PHP application. The robust, easy-to-use tools available in MODX Cloud empowers creators to confidently manage digital experiences with ease—no DevOps team needed - without fear of breaking their sites.
- Supported: WYSIWYG editor
- Supported: Code quality / cleanliness
- Supported: Content versioning
- Supported: Admin section
- Supported: Page templates
- Supported: Library of website themes
- Supported: Mobile optimization / responsive design
- Supported: Publishing workflow
- Supported: Form generator
- Supported: Content scheduling
- Supported: Internal content search
- Supported: Content taxonomy
- Supported: SEO support
- Supported: Browser compatibility
- Supported: Bulk management
- Supported: Page caching
- Supported: Availability / breadth of extensions
- Supported: E-commerce / shopping cart extension
- Supported: Community / comment management
- Supported: Import / export
- Supported: Website analytics
- Supported: API
- Supported: Internationalization / multi-language
- Supported: Role-based user permissions
- Supported: Multi-factor authentication
- Supported: User-level audit trail
- Supported: Version history
- Supported: Simple roll-back capabilities
- Supported: PHP
|Deployment Types||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Supported Languages||English, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Thai|
- Customize, no limits anything is possible in terms of design and output.
- Scalable, can grow fast in terms of page numbers and still serve them faster than most CMS out there.
- Security - its really secure esp if you harden it. Knock on wood, but we never had a MODX site hacked.
- Fast - caching is great really great speeds
- Quality add ons - instead of 1000000 plugins MODX has a few that are written really well and do everything you need, fast and optimized.
- Releases - MODX 3 is taking long to get released
- Small community
- no training
- Ease of use - the MODX platform is very easy to use for someone who may have limited experience in content management.
- Content blocks - the content blocks within MODX add to the usability and customization of the website being managed.
- Content Blocks - I mentioned this as a strength, but it also has its quirks. There are times that things do not function properly within the content blocks we have set up.
- More Customization - The ability for the average user to customize more without having to know a ton of code.
- Custom design capabilities.
- Works well with plugins.
- Permission systems for users.
- The user interface was confusing at times.
- Not a plug and play CMS system.
- The site manager doesn't always run fast.