MongoDB Reviews

Do you work for this company?

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Thuvaragan Amarasingam profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

It is one of my favorite database tool compared with others. So that I will give nine stars. We can use it in many places. for example, mobile apps, IoT devices, big data. In rapid application development, It's a very good back end tool. And also a very secure and safe tool for software development.
Read Thuvaragan Amarasingam's full review

Likelihood to Renew

• Been quite happy with the product overall and has helped us run our apps efficiently.
  • Our expenses have been predictable.
  • Their support is good as well
  • Higher security for the price we pay
Ronald Melendez profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

MongoDB is one of the most famous non-relational databases in the world, there are famous active projects that use this database. I think that the same company that develops the database gives you the online induction totally free is something that really is very positive. Accounts with a first-class support to be able to relate the correct implementation of the database, in addition to teaching you the best practices to optimize your projects, I believe that with this decision it is more than obvious which is the best decision at the time of seeing with which database to work.
Read Ronald Melendez's full review
Rounak Jangir profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

I think it is the best NoSQL family database with lots of amazing features available. Shifting to the new database will need consideration of a few things like learning, scalability, availability of the data etc. As I don't see any other database that will serve my purpose better than MongoDB, I should keep using this only.
Read Rounak Jangir's full review
Gabriel Samaroo profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

Mongo doesn't cost us much to use, so we have no reason to assess the cost. In terms of functionality, it gives us exactly what we want in terms of easily storing and accessing large amounts of unstructured data. We plan to increase our usage of Mongo because it has proven to be very effective and performant.
Read Gabriel Samaroo's full review
Brett Knighton profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

For our use case Mongo is good enough, especially in conjunction with other products we use. If we were to make the same choice again today Mongo would definitely be among the top contenders. We don't feel married to it which in my opinion is a positive. If we ever feel the need to migrate again it would go much more smoothly.
Read Brett Knighton's full review

Likelihood to Renew

We grow to love MongoDB more and more every day. We've been able to scale effectively, we've learned it well enough to avoid any pitfalls, and ultimately it just works! We will continue to use MongoDB for our current projects as well as new projects going forward. While we, of course, have use cases where SQL or other database types are necessary, MongoDB is the backbone of all of our projects.

Likelihood to Renew

From a DevOps engineer's view, MongoDB is easy to set up. That is one thing I like about MongoDB. The cluster is also easy to configure. I did not encounter many troubles in the process. MongoDB also has a wonderful management tool called Ops Manager. It is a standby server that monitors the whole MongoDB cluster. You can get all the information you need about your cluster from Ops Manager. It is a very useful tool.
February 23, 2019

MongoDB Review

Likelihood to Renew

We are less likely to continue using MongoDB under the hood of our applications with Amazon's announcement of DocumentDB, though MongoDB's Atlas platform is another good choice for deploying existing MongoDB applications. For situations that it is well suited for, we'll continue to use Mongo, especially for the availability of its third-party ecosystem applications like Mongoose.

Likelihood to Renew

There is no "very strong" reason why we will renew it. Our project is a big data project, for which we used MongoDB to load and store genomics sequencing data in it. Once it sets up, it is hard to move to another place, unless there is a serious problem in the system or strong motivation to move. MongoDB is a well developed and already qualified product in the market and quite a safe choice. We will move forward in using it as our project scales up.

Likelihood to Renew

It's a great product. Thing is, there are so many others out there. Would be great to try something new if I were to do another project that needed a similar solution to this same problem. One I had in mind was Cassandra, which looks like a solid option. Branching out to new tech is always great!
Joshua Weaver profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

Familiarity can be a great reason to continue use of a product as it affords you speed and tight accuracy in execution. Although I would love to try PostgreSQL as I've heard a lot of great things about it, MongoDB has not given me any reason or cause for concern in the projects that we have thrown at it.
Read Joshua Weaver's full review
Jon Kern profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

I am looking forward to increasing our SaaS subscriptions such that I get to experience global replica sets, working in reads from secondaries, and what not. Can't wait to be able to exploit some of the power that the "Big Boys" use MongoDB for.
Read Jon Kern's full review

Performance (19)
Availability (19)
Concurrency (19)
Security (19)
Scalability (19)
Data model flexibility (19)
9.2
Deployment model flexibility (19)

About MongoDB

MongoDB (from "humongous") is an open source document-oriented database system developed and supported by 10gen. It is part of the NoSQL family of database systems. Instead of storing data in tables as is done in a "classical" relational database, MongoDB stores structured data as JSON-like documents with dynamic schemas (MongoDB calls the format BSON), making the integration of data in certain types of applications easier and faster.

According to the vendor, organizations from cutting-edge startups to the largest companies use MongoDB to create applications never before possible at a fraction of the cost of legacy databases. The vendor says MongoDB is the fastest-growing database ecosystem, with over 10 million downloads, thousands of customers, and over 1,000 technology and service partners.

MongoDB Features

Has featureComprehensive monitoring for full-performance visibility
Has featureAutomated database management for 10-20x more efficient ops
Has featureFully-managed backup for your peace of mind

MongoDB Screenshots