MongoDB Reviews

June 11, 2021
Balázs Kiss | TrustRadius Reviewer

Likelihood to Renew

As a front-end-focused full-stack developer, MongoDB enables me to shift my work to the front end, instead of focusing on complex mapping for relational databases. I will always prefer this solution for development, and in those cases where it's sufficient, in production as well.
Read Balázs Kiss's full review
July 26, 2021

Likelihood to Renew

This is pretty cost-effective and with a single license multiple users can log in to it.

If any latest version is launched then the upgrade happens automatically without hampering the API's connections with the other tools.

Their tech support is also very good and they resolve any technical issues very smoothly. We are using it with same platform and it is solving our business problem.
February 29, 2020
Eric Mason | TrustRadius Reviewer

Likelihood to Renew

We're likely to continue using MongoDB for several reasons. On one hand, we've invested heavily in this database and it would be a painful costly process to translate our complex set of models to an alternative. On the other hand, we continue to be happy with MongoDB for its reliability and the pace at which this tool has evolved. We have confidence in MongoDB's ability to evolve and improve going forward.
Read Eric Mason's full review
February 26, 2020
Russell Gomez | TrustRadius Reviewer

Likelihood to Renew

Once you go the no-SQL route it is very difficult to undo that route. There are other options in the industry that we may consider also including Amazon Dynamo DB. We have considered converting our no-SQL schema to a traditional RDBMS-based email but have found the halfway from here to there very arduous and perhaps not having an ROI that we expected.
Read Russell Gomez's full review
February 26, 2020
Duncan Hernandez | TrustRadius Reviewer

Likelihood to Renew

This is still a new product, but I believe there is so much potential here. The interface is good and the technical support isn't all quite there yet, but in a few years, this will be a mature product and will be a real contender in the database market. It uses Nosql language, which is easy to learn, and that's a huge plus when using a new product.
Read Duncan Hernandez's full review
April 19, 2020

Likelihood to Renew

Its free the way we are using it right now.
February 27, 2020

Likelihood to Renew

As long as MongoDB meets the requirements of our projects, we would continue to use it. MongoDB has also been making staggering improvements, e.g., it now has some transaction support starting version 4.0, so there will be more reasons for us to consider using it in the future.
December 12, 2019
Gene Baker | TrustRadius Reviewer

Likelihood to Renew

Right now we are using the community edition of MongoDB but if we deploy to production we will certainly go with the enterprise edition.
Read Gene Baker's full review
June 14, 2019
Thuvaragan Amarasingam | TrustRadius Reviewer

Likelihood to Renew

It is one of my favorite database tool compared with others. So that I will give nine stars. We can use it in many places. for example, mobile apps, IoT devices, big data. In rapid application development, It's a very good back end tool. And also a very secure and safe tool for software development.
Read Thuvaragan Amarasingam's full review
December 19, 2018
Ronald Melendez | TrustRadius Reviewer

Likelihood to Renew

MongoDB is one of the most famous non-relational databases in the world, there are famous active projects that use this database. I think that the same company that develops the database gives you the online induction totally free is something that really is very positive. Accounts with a first-class support to be able to relate the correct implementation of the database, in addition to teaching you the best practices to optimize your projects, I believe that with this decision it is more than obvious which is the best decision at the time of seeing with which database to work.
Read Ronald Melendez's full review
March 14, 2019
Sagiv Frankel | TrustRadius Reviewer

Likelihood to Renew

I would only reconsider if I were to hear more success stories and prominent figures that endorse the product and more good resources to explain best practices and use cases of the product. Just still seems a bit too messy at the moment.
Read Sagiv Frankel's full review
February 28, 2019
Rounak Jangir | TrustRadius Reviewer

Likelihood to Renew

I think it is the best NoSQL family database with lots of amazing features available. Shifting to the new database will need consideration of a few things like learning, scalability, availability of the data etc. As I don't see any other database that will serve my purpose better than MongoDB, I should keep using this only.
Read Rounak Jangir's full review
February 22, 2019
Gabriel Samaroo | TrustRadius Reviewer

Likelihood to Renew

Mongo doesn't cost us much to use, so we have no reason to assess the cost. In terms of functionality, it gives us exactly what we want in terms of easily storing and accessing large amounts of unstructured data. We plan to increase our usage of Mongo because it has proven to be very effective and performant.
Read Gabriel Samaroo's full review
December 22, 2018
Bill Hefty | TrustRadius Reviewer

Likelihood to Renew

I might look at Firebase for smaller projects, but the improved querying capabilities of MongoDB is very enticing.
Read Bill Hefty's full review
December 11, 2018
Brett Knighton | TrustRadius Reviewer

Likelihood to Renew

For our use case Mongo is good enough, especially in conjunction with other products we use. If we were to make the same choice again today Mongo would definitely be among the top contenders. We don't feel married to it which in my opinion is a positive. If we ever feel the need to migrate again it would go much more smoothly.
Read Brett Knighton's full review
April 02, 2018
Joshua Weaver | TrustRadius Reviewer

Likelihood to Renew

Familiarity can be a great reason to continue use of a product as it affords you speed and tight accuracy in execution. Although I would love to try PostgreSQL as I've heard a lot of great things about it, MongoDB has not given me any reason or cause for concern in the projects that we have thrown at it.
Read Joshua Weaver's full review
June 04, 2018
Nikita kumari | TrustRadius Reviewer

Likelihood to Renew

This reduces the overall reads and writes CPU time. As per my humble opinion, it is best where we have to read a lot of data through our applications. There is no need to update the database object references it automatically handles this.
Read Nikita kumari's full review
January 12, 2018
Jon Kern | TrustRadius Reviewer

Likelihood to Renew

I am looking forward to increasing our SaaS subscriptions such that I get to experience global replica sets, working in reads from secondaries, and what not. Can't wait to be able to exploit some of the power that the "Big Boys" use MongoDB for.
Read Jon Kern's full review
February 13, 2018
Fernando Malave | TrustRadius Reviewer

Likelihood to Renew

I use MongoDB because my app is very simple. I use others like MySQL, and the language makes it much more difficult for me to learn. MongoDB also provides some useful guides to learn how to use the software.
Read Fernando Malave's full review
February 09, 2018
Sonaj Gupta | TrustRadius Reviewer

Likelihood to Renew

Scalability, security, big database sets, schema-less, huge write loads, supports cloud-based open-source cross-platform document-oriented DB program develops and releases quickly, inexpensively and it stores large amounts of data with little structure.
Read Sonaj Gupta's full review

Performance (36)
Availability (36)
Concurrency (36)
Security (36)
Scalability (36)
Data model flexibility (36)
9.2
Deployment model flexibility (35)

What is MongoDB?

MongoDB (from "humongous") is an open source document-oriented database system developed and supported by 10gen. It is part of the NoSQL family of database systems. Instead of storing data in tables as is done in a "classical" relational database, MongoDB stores structured data as JSON-like documents with dynamic schemas (MongoDB calls the format BSON), making the integration of data in certain types of applications easier and faster.

According to the vendor, organizations from cutting-edge startups to the largest companies use MongoDB to create applications never before possible at a fraction of the cost of legacy databases. The vendor says MongoDB is the fastest-growing database ecosystem, with over 10 million downloads, thousands of customers, and over 1,000 technology and service partners.

MongoDB Features

Has featureComprehensive monitoring for full-performance visibility
Has featureAutomated database management for 10-20x more efficient ops
Has featureFully-managed backup for your peace of mind

MongoDB Screenshots

MongoDB Video

Visit https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK_m2976Yvbx-TyDLw7n1WA to watch MongoDB video.

MongoDB Integrations

MongoDB Competitors

Couchbase, Apache Cassandra, Oracle Database (legacy)

MongoDB Pricing