Learning administration (21)
Progress tracking & certifications (22)
Course catalog or library (20)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Moodle, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- Setup fee optional
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Starting price (does not include set up fee)
- $10 per month
Moodle is an online learning solution. The engine of the Moodle ecosystem is Moodle LMS, the secure and customisable open-source platform boasting over 250 million learners worldwide as users. Developed in conjunction with its community, Moodle LMS is complemented by an ecosystem of products including Moodle Workplace and a network of partners and services providing hosting, customisations and support.
Moodle LMS is the open source learning management system with security and privacy features used by hundreds of millions of learners worldwide. Designed in collaboration with Moodle’s global community, Moodle LMS is designed to enable educators in any sector to create flexible, safe, accessible and highly engaging online spaces for their learners.
- Supported: Course authoring
- Supported: Course catalog or library
- Supported: Player/Portal
- Supported: Learning content
- Supported: Mobile friendly
- Supported: Progress tracking & certifications
- Supported: Assignments
- Supported: Compliance management
- Supported: Learning administration
- Supported: Learning reporting & analytics
- Supported: eLearning
- Supported: Assessments
- Supported: Live online learning
- Supported: In-person learning
- Supported: Micro-learning
- Supported: Video learning
- Supported: eCommerce
- Supported: AICC-compliant
- Supported: SCORM-compliant
- Supported: Tin Can (xAPI) compliant
- Supported: Social learning
|Deployment Types||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Mobile Web|
|Supported Languages||All languages|
The unknown in this review is about implementation, upgrade and maintenance resources and effort.
We continue to look for LMS tools that provide even better support for learner peer review and more flexible online assignments. We use many external tools to enhance Moodle, including Blackboard Collaborate, Kaltura, Chalk & Wire, Articulate Storyline, and Turnitin. On the one hand, this gives us a "best of breed" solution that doesn't limit us to a single vendor. On the other hand, managing all these licenses can be cumbersome and expensive.