Shareworks, by Morgan Stanley
Shareworks, by Morgan Stanley
Solium Shareworks has been implemented approx 1 year ago to provide a more robust solution for our equity compensation administration. It …
Our business utilizes Capshare as a solution to our cap table needs. We currently have over 5 different share classes and 400 shareholders …
Shareworks is used to manage the company RSU and ESPP programs across the entire organization globally. It allows employee visibility into …
We used Capshare to manage our company's cap table. It addressed a lot of issues we had with version control of previous cap tables …
We use it to manage our company stock options. It's extremely easy and to use and keeps you up to date on stock allocation. Additionally, …
Shareworks is used as our equity management tool across our entire company, including two wholly owned subsidiaries. Every employee has …
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Shareworks, by Morgan Stanley, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
7 people want pricing too
Shareworks by Morgan Stanley (formerly Solium Shareworks, and with the capabilities of the former Capshare) is a cloud-based equity compensation administration platform. It allows users to collaborate, share, comply, trade, model, support decisions, create reports and control plans more simply and securely.
Learn About Shareworks by Morgan Stanley
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
Solium Shareworks has been implemented approx 1 year ago to provide a more robust solution for our equity compensation administration. It is administered from our Berlin HQ office and has view-users in all our local offices. All employees with equity have their own account to keep track of their equity portfolio.
- Provide overview for employees regarding their equity portfolio.
- Keep equity plans organized from an administrator point-of-view.
- Limited functionality to run expense simulations based on different inputs.
- Limited visuals/graphs possible
Solium Shareworks great solution to keep your equity plans organized and to provide employees the insights they need. Limited functionality to integrate with HR-systems or run expense simulations.
We had a great team consisting of two Solium Shareworks admin experts, and one financial reporting expert to help us with the implementation. After the implementation, I feel we are in good hands with the Solium Shareworks relationship manager. We have quarterly contact with the team when new grants need to be added. Other then that, we are self-sufficient with the tool.
Our business utilizes Capshare as a solution to our cap table needs. We currently have over 5 different share classes and 400 shareholders so this tool helps us keep everything organized. It is strictly used by the finance department
- Cap Table Management - automates the cap table process from Excel and gives detail by shareholders or by share class
- Option Expense - runs monthly option expense and associated journal entries for stock based comp
- Warrant valuation - can run reports to determine a black scholes based warrant value with different assumptions
- The system is slow. Since we have a large cap table it takes over 20-30 seconds to load it once you log on. Additionally it is slow to move between pages
- It does not support IPO companies. We would have to transition to Shareworks
Better for small companies (<300 shareholders) that want to automate their cap table management
Shareworks is used to manage the company RSU and ESPP programs across the entire organization globally. It allows employee visibility into their value, vesting schedules, release option elections, etc. Key features includes that it allows for lockdown during blackout periods to protect employees from trading during the blackout period unintentionally and automatic release options to sell shares, sell shares & hold shares to cover taxes or hold shares.
- Calendar of vesting schedule
- Visibility into value of various equity based compensation
- Ability to setup default release elections at vesting dates
- If banking information is incorrect for proceeds it can take weeks before notification of rejection and communication can be missed once sent
- Different activity views can show different data when a transaction is 'in process'
- Wish there was an option to test banking information entered for deposits, mine was rejected due to an unexpected issue with the name on my account
Suited to manage RSU and ESPP equity plans for medium to large sized corporations who operate globally and have multiple vesting periods throughout the year. Also a great option for companies that are publicly traded with options to block trading in the system during blackout dates. Overall the system is likely more than needed for small equity plans without a lot of activity.
We used Capshare to manage our company's cap table. It addressed a lot of issues we had with version control of previous cap tables managed in spreadsheets. It also allowed us to have one centralized location to review and maintain records and was very easy to access, use, and update.
- Easy to use interface, very intuitive
- Great customer service
- Waterfall analysis
- No need to worry about formulas not calculating properly
- At the time, couldn't calculate a formula based on milestone vesting
- Had some small hiccups with calculating stock option compensation expense, but Capshare was able to solve over time.
Good for small companies that have fairly uncomplicated cap tables, inexpensive for what you get.
We use it to manage our company stock options. It's extremely easy and to use and keeps you up to date on stock allocation. Additionally, the platform has all kinds of analytics built into show how everything is progressing. We use this application across our all departments that receive stock options.
- Shows current dollar value of options
- Shows future options to be displayed
- Provides value and quantity summaries
- Old looking layout
- Can be difficult if you don't have any financial background
- Somewhat difficult to navigate
It's great for a growing company that is giving out shares to employees
Shareworks is used as our equity management tool across our entire company, including two wholly owned subsidiaries. Every employee has access to the system as a management tool for employee stock options. From an administrative view, Shareworks is great for tracking stock options, cap table administration, calculation stock compensation expense (ASC 718).
- Provide access for employees to company equity plan.
- Administer cap table.
- Calculate stock compensation expense (ASC 718).
- Improve usability, difficult to navigate.
- Improve user activation process. Currently users need to know their ID, Zip Code, or SSN and we don't add that information to system so very manual to give access.
- Email notification templates, visibility into what has been sent.
- Stock compensation calculation.
Well suited for privately or publicly held companies with stock option plans or ESPP. Helpful for calculating stock compensation expense.