Moz, from the same-named company in Seattle, Washington, is one of the most popular SEO platforms for tracking the performance of all inbound marketing efforts comprehensively. It reveals how content is being shared through social channels and how that drives traffic to a website, and features a broad toolset for search engine optimization: rank tracking, link opportunites, site audit via Moz Analytics, prospective keyword analysis and content grading, as well as a crawl test to find broken or poorly designed site elements. Moz offers free SEO tools to get started, after which the Standard pack starts at $99 and supports 5 Moz Analytics Campaigns, 300 keywords, 250,000 crawled pages, and 15 social accounts. The subsequent higher priced tiers available for $149, $249, and $599 (Medium, Large, and Premium) support white label reporting and more keyword and activity coverage, for agencies of increasing size.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/uS/on/T211ZNOJIK9I.PNGMoz is a benefit to your marketing arsenal.Moz was used by the organization by the two E-Commerce directors within the company. It gives great insight to your SEO by providing keyword research, position monitoring, and crawling stats. You are able to track certain keywords and their position so you can aim to improve your rank over time. They also make a great Google Chrome extension that gives you SEO feedback as well.,Keyword Research: Before starting SEO you should always start with an audit and by doing your research. You can trust the MOZ brand to bring you real information regarding keyword research. Position Monitoring: This was my favorite feature of the program. I love selecting my keywords and watching their position/performance over time. I found many ways to improve and looked forward to checking it each month. Crawling: Moz pro gives you crawling information to rival Google Analytics.,It's not a super intuitive program. It can be clunky in some areas and while not hard to use, it doesn't flow as well as it could. It doesn't have a sleek design. The backend and information is upfront but could benefit from a sleeker design to maybe better represent the brand.,9,Positive, using Moz helped me gain a ton of web traffic and we were able to grow our organic traffic by 10% by using this program. I used the Keyword research tool and rank information monthly in marketing reports to show growth. It was nice not having to check into the program monthly not daily.,SpyFu, SEMRush and Ahrefs Site Explorer,SpyFu, Ahrefs Site Explorer, SEMRushUsing MOZ - From the perspective of a long time userWe use MOZ for our SEO and digital marketing efforts. As a digital marketing department, our goal is to ensure our SEO efforts are effective and using MOZ is one reason why we have had good success with SEO. As a growing digital based business, we have to keep track of where our customers are coming from in search and trying to improve our overall ranking using good SEO practices. We especially love the keyword explorer tool and Domain Authority assessment tools that help us to constantly monitor keywords and domain metrics to know if our SEO efforts are working and how we can improve them.,Open Site Explorer: this tool allows you to monitor your site's backlinks and compare them to competitors. It is an indispensable tool for monitoring site's backlink performance. Keyword Research: Moz has had one of the best keyword research tools in the business. The good thing is you can see competition scores and check what other keywords are similar to the one you are searching for. Crawl Tool: Moz has one of the largest crawl engines available and can crawl a site and give you a report on things you can improve and enhance for good SEO practice. This tool has helped us when setting up new sites to give us a full report and checklist to follow on what things we need to work on.,Crawler is not the greatest: Sure MOZ has one of the largest crawlers online but it lags behind other competitors in terms of depth and crawl frequency. If you compare to similarly priced tools, a lot of times MOZ lags behind. MOZ is more for beginner SEOs. If you are just getting started out, MOZ' tools are ideal but if you have done SEO for months, you will find more usage and depth in other tools.,5,Having MOZ on our SEO suite has allowed us to have a better understanding of what we need to improve on SEO wise. Granted the information that MOZ provides is not complete, it has been a tool we use and reference to for our teams. In that sense, it has had a positive impact on our business. We started out using MOZ and moved on to more advanced tools later on. From the word go, we were able to track our Domain Authority and constantly monitor our backlink profile quality which has been huge as we have grown as a company. MOZ has improved our SEO rankings and understanding.,Ahrefs Site Explorer,Amazon Web Services, WordPress, Ahrefs Site ExplorerGood tool for tracking website rankingGreat tool for tracking website rankings, SEO, and analytics. It provides a snapshot of important metrics, so you can quickly know where a site stands among the competition. I find the tool particularly helpful as a browser extension, which allows me to determine site influence immediately, without the need for any further investigation.,Website Ranking SEO Analytics,More robust tracking of backlinks,9,Moz has provided a fast and convenient way to track website performance. It gives us what we need at a glance.I love-- a paid subscriber to the MOZ communityWe use MOZ to monitor the optimization of our clients' sites. It is actively used by myself and one other inbound marketing professional. It specifically helps me monitor how well our clients' sites are ranking for certain keywords (nationally & locally). It also helps me find new opportunities for terms we could target with our existing content or opportunities for new content. I primarily find myself using Rank Tracker & Keyword Explorer. I'm looking forward to seeing what will be added since the merge with STAT that will help us find new link opportunities.,Keyword Explorer. I use the lists feature, SERP analysis, & suggestions several times per week. The suggestions that are questions is a good starting place for get a sense of what my target audience cares about. Then I'm able to do more targeted research within the SERP itself and come up with a plan for our piece of content. I think Rank Tracker is really helpful, especially for agencies trying to get a quick sense of how many sites are performing for higher priority terms. All your top terms are on one page, which makes it easy to do a quick, daily check. MOZ does a really good job at creating an open, no judgement community forum where ideas and concerns can be freely expressed without ridicule or embarrassment. Whether you think you are a beginner or an expert, you are welcome to speak your mind and ask your questions. Their free articles, white papers, vlogs, etc are all really well done resources for any SEO professional.,Link building is not a core strength for MOZ. But I think they've recognized this and found a company (STAT) to join up with to strengthen that area. I think they've missed how useful Rank Tracker is to a lot of their users. I would like to see them spend some time on the UX of this feature to improve it because the base concept is worthwhile. I started looking into alternate solutions when I heard it was going away--solutions that would have taken my budget away from MOZ. It was a relief to see them roll back their decision to remove its functionality. I would like to see more capability to be able to track ranking for keyterms for desktop and mobile as separate metrics. I know there is a difference, but I have no definitive insights other than my manual tracking, which for local is not very accurate when I'm trying to promote a site in Portland and am based in the Midwest.,10,It has helped me provide empirical insights to prove that a key term or piece of content is worth having, even if it doesn't come across to the client as polished. It has helped me catch technical errors before search console finds them. It has helped me monitor new sites' performance days before search console or GA has any real data.,SEMRush and BrightEdge,Google Ads (formerly AdWords), Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, Google Search Console, SEMRushMoz is a good SEO tool that is welcoming to beginnersWe are a SEO-heavy company serving more than 4 million users a month and competing heavily on hundreds of keywords. We used Moz for rank tracking and site scan.,Running a scan on our site and tracking any broken pages or 500 errors Tracking keywords and their rankings as per different geographies Keeping a tab on competitors and their rankings,The backlink database of MOZ when I used it looked somewhat under-powered. In some cases older links resurfaced as new.,8,Moz helped us track what competitors are up to and counter the same. This helped us significantly We had over 50,000 pages indexed at most times and often there were broken links or server errors resulting in broken pages that Moz helped us fix. The weekly update summary email from Moz was helpful,Ahrefs Site Explorer,Intercom, CleverTap, Slack, Apple iCloud, Ahrefs Site Explorer,No,Price Product Features Product Usability Product Reputation,I would take a trial for a few more tools and list down what specific tasks each tool does well. I would then optimize my usage across several tools rather than sticking to one.
Moz

Moz Reviews

Moz
TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019
Filter 244 vetted Moz reviews and ratings

Rachel Hensley profile photo
December 12, 2018

Review: "Moz is a benefit to your marketing arsenal."

• Keyword Research: Before starting SEO you should always start with an audit and by doing your research. You can trust the MOZ brand to bring you real information regarding keyword research.
  • Position Monitoring: This was my favorite feature of the program. I love selecting my keywords and watching their position/performance over time. I found many ways to improve and looked forward to checking it each month.
  • Crawling: Moz pro gives you crawling information to rival Google Analytics.
  • It's not a super intuitive program. It can be clunky in some areas and while not hard to use, it doesn't flow as well as it could.
  • It doesn't have a sleek design. The backend and information is upfront but could benefit from a sleeker design to maybe better represent the brand.
I think Moz is well suited for any company looking to improve their presence online because it's easy to use and I think anyone even a marketing novice would be able to read the metrics and gain insight into how to improve their company's performance online. I think it's so easy to use that even companies without big marketing teams could assign this to a team member to gain more information about their company. I think it brings SEO to a common level and anyone would be able to benefit from the program.
Read Rachel Hensley's full review
Nathan Sichilongo profile photo
December 12, 2018

Review: "Using MOZ - From the perspective of a long time user"

• Open Site Explorer: this tool allows you to monitor your site's backlinks and compare them to competitors. It is an indispensable tool for monitoring site's backlink performance.
  • Keyword Research: Moz has had one of the best keyword research tools in the business. The good thing is you can see competition scores and check what other keywords are similar to the one you are searching for.
  • Crawl Tool: Moz has one of the largest crawl engines available and can crawl a site and give you a report on things you can improve and enhance for good SEO practice. This tool has helped us when setting up new sites to give us a full report and checklist to follow on what things we need to work on.
  • Crawler is not the greatest: Sure MOZ has one of the largest crawlers online but it lags behind other competitors in terms of depth and crawl frequency. If you compare to similarly priced tools, a lot of times MOZ lags behind.
  • MOZ is more for beginner SEOs. If you are just getting started out, MOZ' tools are ideal but if you have done SEO for months, you will find more usage and depth in other tools.
If you just need basic SEO information and can handle the quirks of MOZ, then it's definitely a good tool. The keyword research tool and Open Site Explorer tools are great for getting the ropes around SEO and stuff.
Read Nathan Sichilongo's full review
Joe &quot;JC&quot; Cross profile photo
February 01, 2019

Moz Review: "Good tool for tracking website ranking"

• Website Ranking
  • SEO
  • Analytics
  • More robust tracking of backlinks
Moz works great if you're looking for an easy-to-use tool to track website performance and ranking. I would recommend it to businesses who rely upon search engine optimization, including keyword searching, and crawling.

If you're a small business owner, you might find it more expansive than necessary. I wouldn't recommend it if you're a small shop looking for a few basics.
Read Joe "JC" Cross's full review
December 14, 2018

Review: "I love-- a paid subscriber to the MOZ community"

• Keyword Explorer. I use the lists feature, SERP analysis, & suggestions several times per week. The suggestions that are questions is a good starting place for get a sense of what my target audience cares about. Then I'm able to do more targeted research within the SERP itself and come up with a plan for our piece of content.
  • I think Rank Tracker is really helpful, especially for agencies trying to get a quick sense of how many sites are performing for higher priority terms. All your top terms are on one page, which makes it easy to do a quick, daily check.
  • MOZ does a really good job at creating an open, no judgement community forum where ideas and concerns can be freely expressed without ridicule or embarrassment. Whether you think you are a beginner or an expert, you are welcome to speak your mind and ask your questions. Their free articles, white papers, vlogs, etc are all really well done resources for any SEO professional.
  • Link building is not a core strength for MOZ. But I think they've recognized this and found a company (STAT) to join up with to strengthen that area.
  • I think they've missed how useful Rank Tracker is to a lot of their users. I would like to see them spend some time on the UX of this feature to improve it because the base concept is worthwhile. I started looking into alternate solutions when I heard it was going away--solutions that would have taken my budget away from MOZ. It was a relief to see them roll back their decision to remove its functionality.
  • I would like to see more capability to be able to track ranking for keyterms for desktop and mobile as separate metrics. I know there is a difference, but I have no definitive insights other than my manual tracking, which for local is not very accurate when I'm trying to promote a site in Portland and am based in the Midwest.
Despite some of the shortcomings of the solution, I think MOZ is a great company and am happy to support the organization with our subscription. It's a really good tool for those who don't have $K's in their SEO budget.
December 17, 2018

Review: "Moz is a good SEO tool that is welcoming to beginners"

• Running a scan on our site and tracking any broken pages or 500 errors
  • Tracking keywords and their rankings as per different geographies
  • Keeping a tab on competitors and their rankings
  • The backlink database of MOZ when I used it looked somewhat under-powered. In some cases older links resurfaced as new.
Moz is an easy to use and simple tool. The different things that Moz does for you are easily distinguished-- unlike Ahrefs, for instance, it is easier to use Moz for specific tasks like tracking any broken links on your site. A simple report can be exported in CSV and given to the team to fix. While Ahrefs has some crazy advances over Moz in terms of backlink databases, after using both, I only wish Moz's interface could have Ahref's power.
December 12, 2018

Review: "MozPro: A better tool for keyword research and on-page search engine optimization"

Moz Pro is a suite of SEO tools that helps us optimize our content for higher search engine rankings and quality traffic. The tool is used by our marketing team to audit and improve content and pages, as well as to do keyword research to identify high value topics for new content.
  • Understanding who is coming to our site, and what they searched for that led to us.
  • Monitoring search engine rankings, and how we rank for certain keywords.
  • Optimizing our current pages so we can get the best ranking possible.
  • Identifying new content that we should target.
  • Custom reports are available, but it can be a little confusing to learn how to create them.
  • Pricing can be prohibitive for smaller companies, although a 30-day trial is available.
  • Branded reports are not available in the entry-level tier.
I believe Moz Pro is well suited for content marketers and businesses with a strong content plan that need insight and intelligence on keywords, rankings, and on-page optimization recommendations. For these types of businesses and individuals, I would strongly recommend Moz. For hobby bloggers, and businesses without a strong content plan I do not think the ROI would be strong for purchasing a Moz subscription.
December 09, 2018

Review: "Moz....Simple, Straightforward and Solid"

We use Moz for keyword research so that we know how people are searching for us. This helps us know what words to target and what content to create. We also track our where our keywords are ranking. We also create reports to track our progress and report to management what's working and what's not.
  • Reporting is super easy. Customize reports to suit your specific needs and schedule them to be sent out on the schedule you want.
  • Keyword research....not only do we monitor our own target keywords, but we use it for competitor research to learn what our competitors are doing well and where they might be falling short.
  • More keyword research....we use it to prioritize keywords based on volume and difficulty.
  • It took a while to get the feel of everything. Some items don't seem to be in an intuitive place, in my opinion.
I think that Moz provides a great tool. Some of the data seems to be a little off from other platforms, but it's not a big deal for our company, as we are looking at overall trends. I think that Moz is well suited for keyword research and help with page optimization. It helps prioritize keywords for content creation.
Andrew Silverstein profile photo
April 25, 2018

Moz Review: "A Worthy Tool, Worth Your Consideration"

We're using Moz in our marketing department to research our website as well as those of our competitors. In addition, we use Moz to analyze traffic to our site via backlinks and various other criteria. At the end of the day, it's one of many tools we use to help manage our online reputation, which isn't the best but certainly improving thanks to the insight Moz provides and the insight-driven action we take.
  • Backlink analysis - not only can you see every backlink to your site, but the SEO "strength" of the backlinking domain. We realized we had PLENTY of backlinks, but not as many as we'd like from stronger domains. Now, we're targeting stronger domains with relevant content containing links to those domains.
  • The Moz Bar - A must-have for any Chrome user involved in SEO in any capacity like myself. Just click the little Moz Bar icon and it'll bring up the site's title tag, meta tag, domain authority, page authority, and so much more.
  • Keyword Explorer - Not unlike many of these SEO sites, Moz has a fairly robust keyword explorer that breaks down the keyword(s) you search into categories like monthly volume, difficulty, similar suggestions and more. What I like is that you can save a set of keywords to your account if you're looking to run a particular campaign.
  • This is tough as I'm fairly green when it comes to SEO. But, that's what Moz excels at in my experience. If there's something you don't understand or would like to know more about, they have a massive library of helpful content. I do wish the live chat functionality was actually live. They're somewhat quick to respond (>24 hours), but it's always been a gamble as to when I'll actually receive a response to my question.
I think Moz is well-suited for bigger enterprise businesses looking to take more control over their SEO appearance and results on Google's SERP. If you work for a smaller local business, I think your money is better invested elsewhere. There are plenty of free tools out there that can help you up your SEO game on a local level - including many from Google themselves.
Read Andrew Silverstein's full review
Katie Bodell profile photo
April 25, 2018

User Review: "Love Moz for SEO"

My editorial team uses Moz on a daily basis.

It helps us determine successful key words for articles, landing pages, and social media content. We use it to help us manage SEO.
  • Keyword selection - helps us choose the best keywords to target
  • Recommended keywords - sorting & filtering these results by audience reach is really helpful
  • On-page grading of SEO goes way beyond the basics & helps identify problems & solutions for SEO.
  • I would love a "click to compare" option for keywords. You can do this with larger campaigns, but often I am searching for a single-use keyword (for a blog post, for example) and want to compare the data for multiple keywords without using the page navigation.
I have found Moz to be way more beneficial than other services (such as Google's AdWords) both in its user-friendly layout and the depth of analysis the site can provide. Moz has helped us target keywords that we never would have thought of without its "suggested keyword" option helping us to see what users are actually searching for.
Read Katie Bodell's full review
Samuel Klepinger profile photo
April 25, 2018

User Review: "SEO for everyone w/Moz"

Our company uses Moz as a tool to save time and simplify a number of tasks related to our website and digital presence. These include keyword research, tracking ranking performance, content optimization, & competitor analysis, among others. We've been Moz users for quite a while and have consistently found the tool suite to be very helpful for our small marketing team!
  • The keyword research tool, 'Keyword Explorer' provides a lot of information in a very consumable format.
  • Moz's 'Crawl Test' tool is great for prioritizing issues by impact. While a lot of other competitor tools will identify and report on trouble-making URLs and errors that need attention, the Moz UI and readily available resource articles and tips make it a much more complete solution; we're able to identify technical SEO errors, get assistance with prioritizing them, and find instructions for how to fix issues, all in one place.
  • Moz has a developed community of SEO folks, digital marketers, and internal staff that are always quick to answer questions and provide feedback.
  • For our keyword research needs, we typically end up using other tools to supplement the data we get with Moz. Consequently, a lot of our research is compiled outside Moz.
  • The social media tool, FollowerWonk, was included with a Moz subscription at one point, but is no longer available. We were sad to see it go!
  • Tracked competitors are limited to three per campaign.
Moz provides a lot of value for small-medium sized marketing teams in terms of reducing the workload and complexity involved with managing website SEO efforts. The tools are great and the resources/support/community backing the solution are outstanding. Moz does an excellent job of making it easier for both digital marketing newbies and vets to make decisions and drive results.
Read Samuel Klepinger's full review
Dragan Nikolic profile photo
April 25, 2018

Review: "Moz - A good all-in-one SEO tool that has yet to reach its true potential"

I work for a small marketing agency and we use it to optimize landing pages for keywords as I found its Page Grading Tool to be immensely helpful in that regard. Moz also features a local search optimization tool called Moz Local. We have clients who also need local SEO, where we configure Moz to monitor Google SERPs for countries and areas of their operation. Moz has given us fairly consistent data and reports, but know that local SEO requires a lot of manual labor and no tool can do it all by itself.
Moz knowledge base is huge and offers a vast amount of useful data. Moz Pro dashboard is sprinkled with tips and they are useful to novice and advanced users, as well. Rand Fishkin explains what every feature does in the videos, so you'll always learn something new while using the platform. When setting the campaign, you'll be asked to input 3 of the competitor websites and also choose which search engines you want to use. I find this feature quite nice, as you'll be able to track the progress nicely.
  • Reporting system
  • Competition comparison
  • On-page grading system
  • Moz is great for reporting when you have a lot of campaigns to monitor, even though their database lacks the vastness of other SEO tools
  • Not very clean UI
  • UI not responsive
  • Not very accurate link index
Moz is great for tracking your SEO progress for multiple clients. It doesn't always offer the most accurate data, but it shows you the direction your campaigns are heading, which is very important. If you're trying to do link-building or anything that has to do with links, I suggest you look for Ahrefs or SEMrush.
Read Dragan Nikolic's full review
Lindsey Marymont profile photo
April 19, 2018

User Review: "Moz Makes SEO Easy"

Moz is a very powerful tool for analyzing search traffic and measuring performance. We had a bit of a hard time setting up the campaigns within the system, but once we figured out the best way to structure the setup, it was very useful. We used the system regularly, making technical audits a part of our SEO strategy. The reports we subscribed to kept us updated and notified us of any changes we would want to know about and allowed us to monitor our campaigns without doing too much legwork. We could have utilized more of the capabilities considering how much the basic offerings helped us but didn't get far enough into the system.
  • Technical SEO audit reports
  • Keyword tracking and competitive rankings
  • Grouping keywords into campaigns to monitor as group
  • Automated reporting emailed regularly
  • Easier or more structured setup - maybe guided tour to walk through examples
  • More recommendations for customers. There is some degree of this, but it is helpful to have various different kinds of recommendations.
  • The video tutorials are helpful - I watched a lot of them, but if I had to think of something, I would recommend more of this.
It depends on what they are trying to do, but Moz was really helpful getting started with an SEO strategy and helping us work toward SEO goals. There are various tiers of the product so it might have more functionality in other areas, but in my experience, Moz was very helpful in getting started and for tracking/monitoring performance rather than taking our efforts to the next level with recommendations or developing a strategy.
Read Lindsey Marymont's full review
April 20, 2018

Moz Review: "Keyword tracking made easy!"

As a company that not only builds websites for clients but builds robust digital strategies for them as well, it’s important to have an arsenal of great tools to help with reporting. We have used Moz for several years to track keywords, compare search visibility with the competition, and optimize web page content to enhance overall website SEO efforts.
  • The keyword tracker tool is phenomenal. It’s so helpful to be able to track keyword progression over weeks and months.
  • If search term volume is important, Moz is great at assisting in finding high-volume keywords your company should be targeting when writing content.
  • The on-page grader is an awesome way to pinpoint issues on a page-by-page basis. Fixing website content can be like taking a stab in the dark, but with this tool, Moz tells you how to enhance page content every step of the way.
  • Moz has a basic competitor analysis function, but in order to truly see how a competitor is doing, you almost need to create a new project for that competitor. The tool is excellent for single website management, but not as robust as some other tools when it comes to competitor analysis.
If you’re in the SEO or SEM game, Moz is an absolute must to have in your arsenal.
Roman Prokopchuk profile photo
November 21, 2017

"Moz Review By Experienced Digital Marketing Executive"

Analyzing link profile, help with SEO site audits, and content analysis. Open site explorer has been one of the greatest assets in my SEO career and has benefited all campaigns managed and worked on.
  • Understand strength of site and individual pages.
  • Bank link profile analysis.
  • Competitor analysis
  • Rank tracking
  • Making site audit features more robust.
  • Improve capabilities of keyword explorer.
Competitor analysis of onsite strengths, competitor backlink analysis, and keyword discovery.
Read Roman Prokopchuk's full review
Rodrigo Stockebrand profile photo
September 04, 2015

"Moz - An overall gleaming review from an enterprise agency user"

We only use Moz for the day to day activities in the SEO department, but we're slowly beginning to use the data in new ways that is making traction across the company. For example, we export Moz data to create network maps of sites and it's resonating well with other departments like web analytics and strategy. Also, when we do competitive research using Moz Open Site Explorer (OSE), we typically uncover some pretty interesting websites out there that we then share with our global design teams as either what to do, or what not to do.
  • Moz provides lots of data, all processed and sent back to the end-user fairly quickly. Which is critical for my work since most of my clients are large enterprises with hundreds of thousands of data points (links, pages, etc...), and we generally have quick turnaround periods.
  • Moz provides a great user-interface that we often take screenshots of and include in client reports (e.g. keyword difficulty visuals). This saves me a ton of time since I can quickly add them instead of having to reformat (or recreate) them on other tools that have visuals that are less attractive and eye-catching.
  • Moz customer service has always been incredible. I always feel like I'm getting my questions answered from a real person and that they are doing what's in my best interest. One particular time I called with a question on how to use OSE for a particular pitch and the rep saved me a bunch of time by running the reports for me, as well as giving me his thoughts on how to best leverage.
  • I've always felt that I only know about 10% of what I could possibly really do in Moz. So what would be really helpful is knowing how some other enterprise type users are using the tool. I will say however, that the quick videos on Twitter have been really helpful, as well as the blog posts that really dive into the tool capabilities. Perhaps it's just me being lazy and not proactively learning the tool;)
  • I've always been skeptical of the Moz data that is being pulled in from Google Analytics, since it sometimes doesn't match up with what I see in Google Analytics and is also generally very high-level and not very actionable. Also, would be nice to get Site Catalyst integration.
  • I'm a little concerned with the Mozcon. This is the first year I didn't purchase the super early bird ticket on the spot at the event because I'm starting to feel it's not the best conference for an advanced SEO looking for specific strategies and tactics that could be applicable to large enterprise SEO practices.
For the agency and our enterprise clients- I'd highly recommend the tool for anyone doing any type of SEO work.

And for personal freelance projects (generally SMBs) - I'd recommend it for almost all purpose (broader digital/content marketing, SEO, and local optimization).
Read Rodrigo Stockebrand's full review
Richard Peterson profile photo
September 30, 2015

User Review: "Moz makes my life easier"

Moz is currently used to manage aspects of our SEO program that we feel are more readily updated directly by our team instead of waiting for an outside vendor to get to it. We like the accuracy of the data and options for moving forward.
  • One big strength of Moz is that you do not need to go to an off-site training session to get up to speed. The quality of the on-line tutorial videos is very good and they allow us to add new features as we need them.
  • The alerts force us to update any issues immediately. It is a great way to maintain control over your SEO program.
  • We feel there needs to be more on SEO 101 to get beginners up to speed. As we add to our team I'd like Moz to teach them the basics, not requiring me to do that function.
The question that Moz answered better than any of the other service providers was "How can your service make my life easier as compared to the competition?" Most vendors kept on telling us what unique gadgets they offer. Moz was the only one that provided answers in the Feature-Advantage-Benefit mode. I don't care about your gadget, what is the benefit that gadget delivers to me?
Read Richard Peterson's full review
Louis Swingrover profile photo
September 04, 2015

Moz Review: "Nothing is Impossible"

We use Moz to automatically track rankings and other metrics, and on this front it is one of the best. It has an expansive index that is kept fresh on a regular basis and the designers think creatively about various use cases. We also mine OSE for links and insights, and make extensive use of the Keyword Difficulty tool for research.
  • Automatic, up-to-date rank tracking & analytics
  • Extensive, fresh index of backlinks throughout the web
  • Helpful built-in usability coaching
  • Helpful details and flourishes
  • Cutting-edge education
  • Community
  • Integrity
  • Moz needs to integrate their products better across Followerwonk, Local, and Analytics
  • Moz needs significant improvement to their tracked keyword "gardening". I need to edit keyword tags in batches.
  • I would like to see Labs come back.
Moz is a good value. If a business needs the paid tools, I'd recommend going with Moz. If a business is on a shoestring budget and doesn't have an immediate need for the tools, I'd recommend making use of the free tools, education, and community. If a business needs online marketing work but doesn't have anyone internally who has the time or inclination to perform the work, that business probably does not need their own Moz account. Work with a professional who has their own tools.
Read Louis Swingrover's full review
Ingo Grammel profile photo
July 08, 2015

User Review: "Moz - Affordable and Useful SEO Tool"

We use Moz across our marketing department for various clients. It's an important part of our SEO process. I find it most useful for competitive research, keyword tracking and for inbound link analysis.
  • Keyword Rankings and how competitors rank alongside you
  • Inbound link analysis - Includes domain authority of inbound links and anchor text used. This is helpful when comparing with Google Webmaster Tools as well.
  • Research Tools are also very good. On-Page Grader, rank tracker and keyword difficulty are all useful tools for analysis and assessing the competitive environment.
  • Be sure to sync up Google Analytics and social media when possible.
  • Would like to see the ability to add more competitors for rank tracking
  • Would like to see more competitive pricing for Moz Local and maybe combo packages for multiple locations
It's just a great tool for the money. It's ideally suited for tracking keyword performance over time against competitors. Crawls are done weekly so they don't put a strain on internal resources or artificially inflate your keyword queries. Try to link GA and any social media to your campaign(s) whenever possible.
Read Ingo Grammel's full review
Sylvia Huang profile photo
March 13, 2015

Moz Review: "Great Community, Great Tool"

SEOmoz is strictly used by the SEO team at our organization. We manage many different websites so we mostly use it to it to garner data to help us drive and prioritize optimization decisions. Being data driven, we like to gather insights about how a site as a whole is doing by looking at the page crawler and also use details of pages and keywords (not so much anymore) to gather trends and find new opportunities.
  • The Blog and Community - they're both great daily resources to stay up on top of news and happenings in the SEO world. It's also a great place to continually learn more from each other as well as share insights. It's also an excellent place for people just getting into SEO or inbound marketing to get a lot of good information.
  • Open Site Explorer - great for finding good links, finding bad links, and staying up to date with who is linking to you and with what.
  • Page Crawler - allows us to make in-depth reviews about which pages need improvement or helps us understand why certain pages are performing better or worse than others.
  • Moz Analytics has some nice trend charts and graphs but overall seems a bit cluttered.
  • The limits to each package seem to be restricting our sites to getting full views of our data.
  • Wish there was the capability to do more specific/detailed filters in OSE so we can get a better view of external links that are not from the root domain nor from our corporate sites. I know we can export and filter but it'd be nice to do it in the tool itself.
There are a lot of tools out there. I would try them all out to see what suits your team best based on your team's skill and the goals and focus for you and your company. Some tools have more strength in offering data and actionable insights, others do the same but are difficult to navigate, some are more focused on links, while others just on analytics. Often times, it also depends on the size of your campaigns and the data you're looking for. It really varies and also depends on your budget. I would say Moz could be a good starting point, then again so can Raven Tools.
Read Sylvia Huang's full review
Jesse Landry profile photo
February 25, 2015

User Review: "Moz Love"

Used by the marketing department for SEO and inbound marketing analytics. Keyword prefomance tracking, onsite SEO issues, and organic traffic indicators all features used within.
  • Backlink research
  • Keyword rank tracking
  • Onsite SEO issue identification
  • More tools
  • More frequent OSE updates
  • More frequent updates
Well suited for anyone doing inbound marketing!
Read Jesse Landry's full review
Richard Naimy profile photo
February 04, 2015

User Review: "Moz and what it means to me"

I use Moz professional tools for SEO research purposes and insights. Moz Pro Tools are currently only used by me. Moz Pro Tools allow me to gain insight into how one domain is performing against its competitors when looking at Moz ranking factors. I also read the blog on a daily basis to keep up on the latest SEO/SEM trends and debates. Moz has a wonderful community of highly engaged professional search marketers who span the search marketing spectrum and love to share their insights and findings. I personally find a tremendous value from being apart of this Pro community!
  • Moz has a ton of valuable data with regards to URLs indexed. The Moz tool allows me to gain insights into search engine rankings and how they may view my sites.
  • The power of Moz's community and Q&A forums: there is a wealth of information in there, and I love that I have the opportunity to tap into it when I need to!
  • Another strength I see is in their customer service. I have had few issues, but when I did, they were resolved quickly and professionally.
  • Moz's leadership - Rand is a great leader and industry advocate!
  • Moz's Marketing analytic tools, both free and paid, are yet another powerful tool in the tool box!
  • I guess I would like to see more training videos on how best to leverage their tools. Or watch video from other community member on how they leverage Moz's pro tools.
Laymen in the industry might be overwhelmed or may only engage with the Q&A forum in the beginning. Understanding search marketing and SEO takes time, learning to leverage all the tools and understand what it all means take time and energy. Even I, a professional with 16 years of experience, need more training on how to better utilize the Pro tools.
Read Richard Naimy's full review
Jeremy Estes profile photo
February 04, 2015

User Review: "Moz as a supplemental tool."

We use Moz in conjunction with other Internet marketing tools for tracking, auditing, and optimizing organic and social search marketing campaigns.
  • Competitive analysis, particularly linking.
  • Rank tracking for current campaign keywords.
  • Analyzing on page elements.
  • Their modules don't work well together. For example: You're tracking keywords in rank tracker, and that data doesn't automatically get monitored in the on-page grader.
If you run organic search campaigns, Moz is a helpful tool for gathering complete picture data. It is definitely not a tool I would run by itself though.
Read Jeremy Estes's full review
David Gray profile photo
December 04, 2014

Review: "Moz: Serious Search Software & Tools for the SEO"

The Search Engine Marketing Team at Analog Devices uses Moz software tools. We use it for keyword and link research. We also use the On Page Grader to help our internal marketing customers better understand on page optimization best practices.
  • In this Engineering-based environment, where all decisions need to be data driven and where everyone is an expert, ("A prophet is not without honor except in his own town, among his relatives and in his own home, "), any outside research source is extremely valuable in convincing the critics of your informed opinion. Moz tools and especially the On page grader are useful in convincing the nay-sayers about just how poorly optimized their pages are.
  • Whiteboard Friday is without equal in keeping me informed with the latest SEO industry trends. Rand Fishkin provides succinct and timely advice on search engine algorithms and the tactics and strategies to help SEOs to stay ahead of these changes.
  • The Moz Blog is a resource which can be used to get advice and answers to questions from experts and SEOs from similar industries or agencies.
  • The link finding tool could be more robust in finding deeper linking opportunities than the ones which are on the surface.
Overall the Moz software, tools, blog, and Whiteboard Friday are a must have for SEOs who want to stay abreast of the latest Search algorithms and trends. Moz has traditionally attracted more small business memberships, however all the research and tools are extremely useful for enterprise level companies too.
Read David Gray's full review
Mike Tekula profile photo
May 28, 2014

Moz Review: "An Indispensable Tool Set for Content Marketers and SEOs."

We use Moz to monitor traffic and search/social visibility for our clients' brands, as well as for competitive analysis to help our clients identify opportunities and prioritize online marketing activities. Particularly, Moz's Open Site Explorer link data set and reporting tool is highly valuable to our work - I use this tool daily. Moz's traffic analytics are intuitive, but I do not frequently use this piece of their tool set. Other highly valuable components of the Moz suite of tools are the Keyword Analysis tool, which is great for analyzing the level of competition for a given target keyword, the Rank Tracker tool and the Fresh Web Explorer, which is useful for tracking mentions for client and competitor brand and product names recently discovered across the web.
  • Intuitive user interfaces - Moz has invested heavily into making their tools/reports beautiful and easy to use, and the interfaces get better all the time
  • Focus on actionable data - Moz started as a SEO consultancy, and this is apparent in the functionality of their tools. Most data can be exported in various formats, and overall their interfaces are kept simple with a focus on highlighting clear, actionable data (many competing tools provide overwhelming amounts of data in their reports).
  • Constant updates - the team at Moz constantly monitors usage of their various tools and surveys users for feedback. This data is used to prioritize enhancements. They reinvest in making the tool set better every day, and it shows.
  • Traffic reporting - their overall traffic reporting isn't as customizable as I'd like, and I find the interface less-than-intuitive next to Google Analytics or similar analytics tools.
  • Too many tools - Moz has a lot of great functionality, but they've built/acquired so many tools over the years that I believe they need to reevaluate which of these tools they should continue to support. The On-Page Grader, for example, strikes me as a low-value tool that they should consider removing.
  • Missing rel=canonical tag support in Open Site Explorer - this tag essentially changes the link graph and passes link equity away from the page in question, and currently Open Site Explorer does not account for this (which can be misleading for marketers who aren't aware of the function/existence of this tag).
There are three tools in the Moz suite that I think are most valuable, for particular uses/situations:

1) Open Site Explorer is a phenomenal tool for evaluating the inbound link profile of any website. It is also a great way to uncover the most linked-to pages on any site, which can quickly highly content strategies that the site in question has used to drive its SEO authority.
2) Fresh Web Explorer is a valuable tool for tracking mentions in the short term, which is a great leading indicator of brand visibility and authority useful for any marketer conducting online content creation / promotion.
3) Followerwonk is an excellent tool for evaluating Twitter followers or searching for influencers who use given word(s) in their profiles. This is a great tool for finding influencers in a given space/topic for content outreach and other promotional efforts.
Read Mike Tekula's full review
Kyle Claypool profile photo
May 16, 2014

Moz Review: "Critical Tool for SEO Professionals"

The Digital team uses Moz tools almost daily. We manage SEO, social media and web strategy for our clients. OpenSiteExplorer is one of the best research tools out there for backlink research. FollowerWonk is a new service they acquired which has powerful Twitter analytics. We have also used the Moz API to pull data directly into our own reporting system. Their research tools are very valuable for new business pitches. While not directly related to the Moz platform, they also provide some of the best education in the industry through their blog and MozCon events.
  • Tracking keyword rankings over time
  • Tracking backlinks
  • Educating the community
  • Analyzing Twitter profiles via FollowerWonk
  • Only tracks keyword rankings within the top 50 results - would like to see top 100.
  • The on-page optimization recommendations are spotty because it may grade a page based on the wrong keyword. We don't use this feature much.
I think every company providing web marketing services should be using Moz. It's a great value, entirely self-service, and easy to learn how to use. For businesses not in the marketing space, if driving traffic from search engines is a goal, Moz is probably a worthwhile investment.
Read Kyle Claypool's full review

Keyword analysis (19)
Backlink management (15)
SERP ranking tracking (19)
Page grader (19)
Competitive analysis (19)
Site audit / diagnostics (18)
Site recommendations (16)
Task management (10)
Local SEO (12)
Social SEO (11)
Mobile SEO (11)
Global SEO (14)
Multi-domain support (12)
Integration with web analytics tools (14)

About Moz