Moz Reviews

Max Shtefan | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 15, 2020

You can't go wrong with using Moz

Moz tool is used by our SEO team at Primacy to analyze organic performance of a website at a granular level. We then report out high-level analysis/results to additional internal teams or clients. We've used the tool to help us in many cases such as keyword research, link building, rank tracking, competitor assessments, page authority metrics and much more. This is a must-have tool for an SEO expert.
  • Linkbuilding opportunities and research
  • Keyword rank tracking
  • Competitor assessments
  • Crawls and campaigns have limits tied to your membership cost
  • Relatively tight keyword tracking restrictions
Moz is well suited for:
  • Assessing where you stand versus your competition
  • Performing deep site crawls (URLs, Page title, subdomains, meta descriptions)
  • Technical SEO issues with your website
  • Specific keyword rank tracking, with the ability to see historical performance
Read Max Shtefan's full review
Dustin Junkert | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 11, 2019

For keyword tracking enthusiasts, Moz is your affordable, easy-to-use platform!

I use Moz primarily for target keyword tracking, inbound link tracking, and SERP feature tracking—it's primarily in the SEO realm where I use this tool. Some clients absolutely demand to have keyword rank tracking a part of their SEO strategy, and for these clients, MOZ makes such tracking very simple. If nothing else, I can just download a .csv of the latest ranks and toss them into a reporting doc.
  • Keyword rank tracking is on-point. You can easily tag on competitors and get ranks for them as well, which rules.
  • Moz has a great section for links—I especially use the Discovered and Lost reporting, which lists new domains linking to your site, and domains that dropped out, plus a DA for each. Clients eat this stuff up.
  • SERP Features is great as well—this is another thing that clients are thrilled to see: examples of keywords where fun SERP features appear. It's sort of a little thing, but the ease which Moz makes it available is great—the optics on this kind of thing to clients is outstanding.
  • Some of the auto-gen visual tables aren't all that useful for smaller companies. For instance on the Search Visibility tab, many of my clients have a tiny % of keywords in the top-10, so the table shows basically 4 overlaid flat lines. I wish we had some options to customize this table or expand the range or something.
  • I wish there were some more tools relating to the technical aspects of the site/pages. The whole tool is very keyword-oriented, which is fine, but I feel like over time this has become and will continue to be less important than technical aspects, site speed, voice search, etc.
  • There's an Anchor Text tab, but it only looks at Inbound links—I wish this feature was for on-site anchor text—this could be a much better optimization tool. Because there's nothing you can do about inbound link text.
Moz is fantastic for keyword-centric, rankings-focused clients. It also offers fun extras that clients love such as SERP features, and a great competitor-comparison angle for specific keywords. For clients who want to see how keywords fluctuate in rankings over time, Moz is an excellent tool to make this tracking as effortless as possible.
Read Dustin Junkert's full review
Kevin Gamache | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 15, 2019

Great product, easy to use and at a great price point.

Our marketing team utilizes Moz for a variety of tasks surrounding our content marketing and overall site optimization. This is our primary tool to audit the current SEO health of our site, to track our target keywords ranking on Google, and to research new keyword opportunities. We also use Moz for Backlink tracking and competitive analysis.
  • Keyword Expansion Analysis
  • Backlink Analysis
  • Keyword Tracking
  • Competitor Metrics
  • Paid Search visibility as compared to Organic Search visibility
  • Hard to see special placements like instant answers
  • Diving into SEO site issues that were found can be a bit daunting
This tool is great for business just getting started on their SEO journey or are smaller in scale. Moz works great and does everything we need, and the capacity limits that we have with our subscription fit our needs perfectly and for a great price. I think agencies and enterprise-level businesses will find that there needs to be a bit more to handle volumes as it relates to the user interface of Moz.
Read Kevin Gamache's full review
Lee L Kennedy | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 18, 2019

A great SEO tool for campaign management

We set up projects in Moz to track SEO progress for a few clients of ours. It's really used by me, as I'm the person overseeing the SEO work. It allows me to track some specific rankings, get some insight into on-site issues, and research other websites and keyword opportunities for our continued SEO efforts.
  • Keyword tracking is great and reliable.
  • Their search volume metrics are the best in the industry.
  • They campaign dashboards are a nice way to track your success over time.
  • I wish you could put in a website and return what that site ranks for, like SEMRush. But I don't think you can.
  • The interface has so many options, it's hard to navigate or remember where you have to go for certain things.
  • It's difficult to switch between rank tracking vs keyword discovery--they're in two different places that don't merge well.
Good for high-level rank tracking and basic SEO recommendations. You can use their crawler to track on-site issues and grade each page for each keyword, but many of the issues that will come back won't be relevant or important enough to address. Rank tracking is good if you know the keywords to target. If you have to find new ones, their keyword research tool is good too.
Read Lee L Kennedy's full review
Jordan Comstock | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 22, 2019

Moz Pro is good, Free version is great

I have used both moz pro and free versions for 3 years now. With the pro product, we used it to track our rankings and keywords. I am an avid user of the moz bar while online. by far my favorite part of the product is the moz bar. It helps me to see DA, followed links with ease on any site. I also used the link explorer to analyze links and competitors.
  • DA in the moz bar. My favorite Domain authority tracking tool.
  • Highlights followed and no follow links, as well as show on page elements. allows you to see it easy without viewing source code.
  • Keyword explorer. decent KW tool.
  • Pro subscription isn't the be all end all of SEO. Other tools do KW, Links better in my opinion.
  • DA isn't always consistent with other tools, which can be frustrating when comparing data.
  • Expensive.
Moz is well suited as a free tool with the moz bar. That has been my go to with moz since beginning to work with SEO. The moz bar is most useful with a pro subscription. But with the free subscription you get a good tool as well. Checking the DA and PA is easy with the bar or the smaller widget in DA mode. Tracking follow/nofollow links are easy to find as well. Another huge win for moz is its own authority. It is one of the best places to learn SEO.
Read Jordan Comstock's full review
November 07, 2019

MOZ - Comprehensive SEO tool

Moz is being used to track local SEO performance and also to track traffic and mentions. This amazing software allows us to understand our users and visitors better. It has deep capabilities when it comes to tracing mentions, local keywords, popularity index, how often the pages are visited as well as social mentions. It also shows site load performance however not really detailed because Moz crawls site once per week. So there might be outdated links. One favorite feature that I like is the ability to look at link strength. This information allows me to vow or disavow incoming links or outer links.
  • Link Tracker
  • Social Mentions
  • Local SEO
  • Moz index
  • SEO weather
  • Backlink database is limited
  • Industry specific jargons and mentions would be helpful
  • Error tracking is very misleading
  • Duplicate pages marking each page even when it’s not duplicate. In other words this algorithm is too sensitive. Provide ability or control to user to set the sensitivity of the duplicate page check
It is well suited for local SEO or websites that have multiple sub sites that need tracking. Another capability is the backend SEO weather report. This report is very useful for SEO analysts to be able to do proper research on Google's recent algorithm changes. Another value of this software is the ability to check keywords against competitor sites, this allows analysts to compete and understand how to market their brand.
October 22, 2019

Moz is a cost-effective digital marketing toolset to use in your marketing stack.

Moz is used specifically by the digital marketing team, primarily to support our content marketing and SEO efforts. While those are the primary uses for us, we also use the platform for outreach targeting and site crawling and audits.
  • Keyword Explorer has excellent filtering options and a great recommendation engine around related terms.
  • The On-Page Grader is an excellent gut check when publishing new service pages and blog posts.
  • Domain Authority has always served as an easily digestible number to assess how we're doing in our optimization efforts, as well as assessing competitors or outreach targets.
  • Moz' offerings have continued to split and introduce additional costs - limitations in crawl budget or keyword tracking can be annoying.
  • On-Demand Crawl toolset is not as robust as an Ahrefs.
Moz is an excellent tool for a team looking for an all-in-one digital marketing optimization tool. Although not best-in-class across the board, it's good enough - and affordable enough - to get the job done when you're bootstrapping.

If you're a large team or an enterprise site, Moz offerings have be supplemented by other tools or it gets replaced wholesale.
November 06, 2019

Keyword tracking made easy!

As a company that not only builds websites for clients but builds robust digital strategies for them as well, it’s important to have an arsenal of great tools to help with reporting. We have used Moz for several years to track keywords, compare search visibility with the competition, and optimize web page content to enhance overall website SEO efforts.
  • The keyword tracker tool is phenomenal. It’s so helpful to be able to track keyword progression over weeks and months.
  • If search term volume is important, Moz is great at assisting in finding high-volume keywords your company should be targeting when writing content.
  • The on-page grader is an awesome way to pinpoint issues on a page-by-page basis. Fixing website content can be like taking a stab in the dark, but with this tool, Moz tells you how to enhance page content every step of the way.
  • Moz has a basic competitor analysis function, but in order to truly see how a competitor is doing, you almost need to create a new project for that competitor. The tool is excellent for single website management, but not as robust as some other tools when it comes to competitor analysis.
If you’re in the SEO or SEM game, Moz is an absolute must to have in your arsenal.
October 16, 2019

An SEO that works

Mom is being used in a specific department within my organization I am currently working for. We are utilizing Moz in a variety of ways. We are using this tool to gain information on a variety of topics and ideas. First, Moz is consistently used as a fantastic and highly regarded SEO resource tool. They have some of the best instructions, examples, and information on SEO site-wide and how to make improvements to the current state of yours. We are also leveraging Moz to gain insights on specific clients and domains regarding their SEO and position they are currently receiving.
  • Amazing resources.
  • Fantastic example videos walking you through SEO tips.
  • Great analytics tool to get SEO insights.
  • Great dashboard layout.
  • I don't personally have any big problems with Moz.
  • My one main thing would be improving their free version a little more without taking away from their paid editions.
Moz is going to be a fantastic investment of both your time and your money if you are looking for insights and resources around SEO. It is also one of the best tools to use for SEO insights. There are many SEO tools to pick from when trying to optimize and gain insights on your search engine results. Moz is one of the best and consistently cuts down time and stress.
Richard Peterson | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 14, 2019

Moz makes my life easier

Moz is currently used to manage aspects of our SEO program that we feel are more readily updated directly by our team instead of waiting for an outside vendor to get to it. We like the accuracy of the data and options for moving forward.
  • One big strength of Moz is that you do not need to go to an off-site training session to get up to speed. The quality of the on-line tutorial videos is very good and they allow us to add new features as we need them.
  • The alerts force us to update any issues immediately. It is a great way to maintain control over your SEO program.
  • We feel there needs to be more on SEO 101 to get beginners up to speed. As we add to our team I'd like Moz to teach them the basics, not requiring me to do that function.
The question that Moz answered better than any of the other service providers was "How can your service make my life easier as compared to the competition?" Most vendors kept on telling us what unique gadgets they offer. Moz was the only one that provided answers in the Feature-Advantage-Benefit mode. I don't care about your gadget, what is the benefit that gadget delivers to me?
Read Richard Peterson's full review
May 22, 2019

Moz is an SEO lifesaver

Moz is being used by multiple people on the marketing team (copywriter, web developer, digital marketing managers, etc) to ensure our website is optimized to the best of our ability. We also use the keyword planner to help develop our content to ensure we're creating content that people are interested in and searching for.
  • Keyword research/planning.
  • Web analytics.
  • SERP rank tracking.
  • Moz's site crawl might not be the best for larger companies with more complex websites.
  • Their dashboard is helpful, but it can sometimes be overwhelming when trying to find the information you actually need.
  • The keyword planner feels a bit limited compared to other tools.
Moz is great for smaller teams with more simple websites that are just looking for some additional guidance in terms of keyword planning and overall site SEO. If you have a more complex website, you'll most likely need to use additional tools in order to make sure your website is fully optimized.
Rachel Hensley | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 12, 2018

Moz is a benefit to your marketing arsenal.

Moz was used by the organization by the two E-Commerce directors within the company. It gives great insight to your SEO by providing keyword research, position monitoring, and crawling stats. You are able to track certain keywords and their position so you can aim to improve your rank over time. They also make a great Google Chrome extension that gives you SEO feedback as well.
  • Keyword Research: Before starting SEO you should always start with an audit and by doing your research. You can trust the MOZ brand to bring you real information regarding keyword research.
  • Position Monitoring: This was my favorite feature of the program. I love selecting my keywords and watching their position/performance over time. I found many ways to improve and looked forward to checking it each month.
  • Crawling: Moz pro gives you crawling information to rival Google Analytics.
  • It's not a super intuitive program. It can be clunky in some areas and while not hard to use, it doesn't flow as well as it could.
  • It doesn't have a sleek design. The backend and information is upfront but could benefit from a sleeker design to maybe better represent the brand.
I think Moz is well suited for any company looking to improve their presence online because it's easy to use and I think anyone even a marketing novice would be able to read the metrics and gain insight into how to improve their company's performance online. I think it's so easy to use that even companies without big marketing teams could assign this to a team member to gain more information about their company. I think it brings SEO to a common level and anyone would be able to benefit from the program.
Read Rachel Hensley's full review
Nathan Sichilongo | TrustRadius Reviewer

Using MOZ - From the perspective of a long time user

We use MOZ for our SEO and digital marketing efforts. As a digital marketing department, our goal is to ensure our SEO efforts are effective and using MOZ is one reason why we have had good success with SEO. As a growing digital based business, we have to keep track of where our customers are coming from in search and trying to improve our overall ranking using good SEO practices. We especially love the keyword explorer tool and Domain Authority assessment tools that help us to constantly monitor keywords and domain metrics to know if our SEO efforts are working and how we can improve them.
  • Open Site Explorer: this tool allows you to monitor your site's backlinks and compare them to competitors. It is an indispensable tool for monitoring site's backlink performance.
  • Keyword Research: Moz has had one of the best keyword research tools in the business. The good thing is you can see competition scores and check what other keywords are similar to the one you are searching for.
  • Crawl Tool: Moz has one of the largest crawl engines available and can crawl a site and give you a report on things you can improve and enhance for good SEO practice. This tool has helped us when setting up new sites to give us a full report and checklist to follow on what things we need to work on.
  • Crawler is not the greatest: Sure MOZ has one of the largest crawlers online but it lags behind other competitors in terms of depth and crawl frequency. If you compare to similarly priced tools, a lot of times MOZ lags behind.
  • MOZ is more for beginner SEOs. If you are just getting started out, MOZ' tools are ideal but if you have done SEO for months, you will find more usage and depth in other tools.
If you just need basic SEO information and can handle the quirks of MOZ, then it's definitely a good tool. The keyword research tool and Open Site Explorer tools are great for getting the ropes around SEO and stuff.
Read Nathan Sichilongo's full review
Joe &quot;JC&quot; Cross | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 01, 2019

Good tool for tracking website ranking

Great tool for tracking website rankings, SEO, and analytics. It provides a snapshot of important metrics, so you can quickly know where a site stands among the competition. I find the tool particularly helpful as a browser extension, which allows me to determine site influence immediately, without the need for any further investigation.
  • Website Ranking
  • SEO
  • Analytics
  • More robust tracking of backlinks
Moz works great if you're looking for an easy-to-use tool to track website performance and ranking. I would recommend it to businesses who rely upon search engine optimization, including keyword searching, and crawling.

If you're a small business owner, you might find it more expansive than necessary. I wouldn't recommend it if you're a small shop looking for a few basics.
Read Joe "JC" Cross's full review
December 14, 2018

I love-- a paid subscriber to the MOZ community

We use MOZ to monitor the optimization of our clients' sites. It is actively used by myself and one other inbound marketing professional. It specifically helps me monitor how well our clients' sites are ranking for certain keywords (nationally & locally). It also helps me find new opportunities for terms we could target with our existing content or opportunities for new content. I primarily find myself using Rank Tracker & Keyword Explorer. I'm looking forward to seeing what will be added since the merge with STAT that will help us find new link opportunities.
  • Keyword Explorer. I use the lists feature, SERP analysis, & suggestions several times per week. The suggestions that are questions is a good starting place for get a sense of what my target audience cares about. Then I'm able to do more targeted research within the SERP itself and come up with a plan for our piece of content.
  • I think Rank Tracker is really helpful, especially for agencies trying to get a quick sense of how many sites are performing for higher priority terms. All your top terms are on one page, which makes it easy to do a quick, daily check.
  • MOZ does a really good job at creating an open, no judgement community forum where ideas and concerns can be freely expressed without ridicule or embarrassment. Whether you think you are a beginner or an expert, you are welcome to speak your mind and ask your questions. Their free articles, white papers, vlogs, etc are all really well done resources for any SEO professional.
  • Link building is not a core strength for MOZ. But I think they've recognized this and found a company (STAT) to join up with to strengthen that area.
  • I think they've missed how useful Rank Tracker is to a lot of their users. I would like to see them spend some time on the UX of this feature to improve it because the base concept is worthwhile. I started looking into alternate solutions when I heard it was going away--solutions that would have taken my budget away from MOZ. It was a relief to see them roll back their decision to remove its functionality.
  • I would like to see more capability to be able to track ranking for keyterms for desktop and mobile as separate metrics. I know there is a difference, but I have no definitive insights other than my manual tracking, which for local is not very accurate when I'm trying to promote a site in Portland and am based in the Midwest.
Despite some of the shortcomings of the solution, I think MOZ is a great company and am happy to support the organization with our subscription. It's a really good tool for those who don't have $K's in their SEO budget.
December 17, 2018

Moz is a good SEO tool that is welcoming to beginners

We are a SEO-heavy company serving more than 4 million users a month and competing heavily on hundreds of keywords. We used Moz for rank tracking and site scan.
  • Running a scan on our site and tracking any broken pages or 500 errors
  • Tracking keywords and their rankings as per different geographies
  • Keeping a tab on competitors and their rankings
  • The backlink database of MOZ when I used it looked somewhat under-powered. In some cases older links resurfaced as new.
Moz is an easy to use and simple tool. The different things that Moz does for you are easily distinguished-- unlike Ahrefs, for instance, it is easier to use Moz for specific tasks like tracking any broken links on your site. A simple report can be exported in CSV and given to the team to fix. While Ahrefs has some crazy advances over Moz in terms of backlink databases, after using both, I only wish Moz's interface could have Ahref's power.
December 12, 2018

MozPro: A better tool for keyword research and on-page search engine optimization

Moz Pro is a suite of SEO tools that helps us optimize our content for higher search engine rankings and quality traffic. The tool is used by our marketing team to audit and improve content and pages, as well as to do keyword research to identify high value topics for new content.
  • Understanding who is coming to our site, and what they searched for that led to us.
  • Monitoring search engine rankings, and how we rank for certain keywords.
  • Optimizing our current pages so we can get the best ranking possible.
  • Identifying new content that we should target.
  • Custom reports are available, but it can be a little confusing to learn how to create them.
  • Pricing can be prohibitive for smaller companies, although a 30-day trial is available.
  • Branded reports are not available in the entry-level tier.
I believe Moz Pro is well suited for content marketers and businesses with a strong content plan that need insight and intelligence on keywords, rankings, and on-page optimization recommendations. For these types of businesses and individuals, I would strongly recommend Moz. For hobby bloggers, and businesses without a strong content plan I do not think the ROI would be strong for purchasing a Moz subscription.
December 09, 2018

Moz....Simple, Straightforward and Solid

We use Moz for keyword research so that we know how people are searching for us. This helps us know what words to target and what content to create. We also track our where our keywords are ranking. We also create reports to track our progress and report to management what's working and what's not.
  • Reporting is super easy. Customize reports to suit your specific needs and schedule them to be sent out on the schedule you want.
  • Keyword research....not only do we monitor our own target keywords, but we use it for competitor research to learn what our competitors are doing well and where they might be falling short.
  • More keyword research....we use it to prioritize keywords based on volume and difficulty.
  • It took a while to get the feel of everything. Some items don't seem to be in an intuitive place, in my opinion.
I think that Moz provides a great tool. Some of the data seems to be a little off from other platforms, but it's not a big deal for our company, as we are looking at overall trends. I think that Moz is well suited for keyword research and help with page optimization. It helps prioritize keywords for content creation.
Andrew Silverstein | TrustRadius Reviewer

A Worthy Tool, Worth Your Consideration

We're using Moz in our marketing department to research our website as well as those of our competitors. In addition, we use Moz to analyze traffic to our site via backlinks and various other criteria. At the end of the day, it's one of many tools we use to help manage our online reputation, which isn't the best but certainly improving thanks to the insight Moz provides and the insight-driven action we take.
  • Backlink analysis - not only can you see every backlink to your site, but the SEO "strength" of the backlinking domain. We realized we had PLENTY of backlinks, but not as many as we'd like from stronger domains. Now, we're targeting stronger domains with relevant content containing links to those domains.
  • The Moz Bar - A must-have for any Chrome user involved in SEO in any capacity like myself. Just click the little Moz Bar icon and it'll bring up the site's title tag, meta tag, domain authority, page authority, and so much more.
  • Keyword Explorer - Not unlike many of these SEO sites, Moz has a fairly robust keyword explorer that breaks down the keyword(s) you search into categories like monthly volume, difficulty, similar suggestions and more. What I like is that you can save a set of keywords to your account if you're looking to run a particular campaign.
  • This is tough as I'm fairly green when it comes to SEO. But, that's what Moz excels at in my experience. If there's something you don't understand or would like to know more about, they have a massive library of helpful content. I do wish the live chat functionality was actually live. They're somewhat quick to respond (>24 hours), but it's always been a gamble as to when I'll actually receive a response to my question.
I think Moz is well-suited for bigger enterprise businesses looking to take more control over their SEO appearance and results on Google's SERP. If you work for a smaller local business, I think your money is better invested elsewhere. There are plenty of free tools out there that can help you up your SEO game on a local level - including many from Google themselves.
Read Andrew Silverstein's full review
Katie Bodell | TrustRadius Reviewer

Love Moz for SEO

My editorial team uses Moz on a daily basis.

It helps us determine successful key words for articles, landing pages, and social media content. We use it to help us manage SEO.
  • Keyword selection - helps us choose the best keywords to target
  • Recommended keywords - sorting & filtering these results by audience reach is really helpful
  • On-page grading of SEO goes way beyond the basics & helps identify problems & solutions for SEO.
  • I would love a "click to compare" option for keywords. You can do this with larger campaigns, but often I am searching for a single-use keyword (for a blog post, for example) and want to compare the data for multiple keywords without using the page navigation.
I have found Moz to be way more beneficial than other services (such as Google's AdWords) both in its user-friendly layout and the depth of analysis the site can provide. Moz has helped us target keywords that we never would have thought of without its "suggested keyword" option helping us to see what users are actually searching for.
Read Katie Bodell's full review
Samuel Klepinger | TrustRadius Reviewer

SEO for everyone w/Moz

Our company uses Moz as a tool to save time and simplify a number of tasks related to our website and digital presence. These include keyword research, tracking ranking performance, content optimization, & competitor analysis, among others. We've been Moz users for quite a while and have consistently found the tool suite to be very helpful for our small marketing team!
  • The keyword research tool, 'Keyword Explorer' provides a lot of information in a very consumable format.
  • Moz's 'Crawl Test' tool is great for prioritizing issues by impact. While a lot of other competitor tools will identify and report on trouble-making URLs and errors that need attention, the Moz UI and readily available resource articles and tips make it a much more complete solution; we're able to identify technical SEO errors, get assistance with prioritizing them, and find instructions for how to fix issues, all in one place.
  • Moz has a developed community of SEO folks, digital marketers, and internal staff that are always quick to answer questions and provide feedback.
  • For our keyword research needs, we typically end up using other tools to supplement the data we get with Moz. Consequently, a lot of our research is compiled outside Moz.
  • The social media tool, FollowerWonk, was included with a Moz subscription at one point, but is no longer available. We were sad to see it go!
  • Tracked competitors are limited to three per campaign.
Moz provides a lot of value for small-medium sized marketing teams in terms of reducing the workload and complexity involved with managing website SEO efforts. The tools are great and the resources/support/community backing the solution are outstanding. Moz does an excellent job of making it easier for both digital marketing newbies and vets to make decisions and drive results.
Read Samuel Klepinger's full review
Dragan Nikolic | TrustRadius Reviewer

Moz - A good all-in-one SEO tool that has yet to reach its true potential

I work for a small marketing agency and we use it to optimize landing pages for keywords as I found its Page Grading Tool to be immensely helpful in that regard. Moz also features a local search optimization tool called Moz Local. We have clients who also need local SEO, where we configure Moz to monitor Google SERPs for countries and areas of their operation. Moz has given us fairly consistent data and reports, but know that local SEO requires a lot of manual labor and no tool can do it all by itself.
Moz knowledge base is huge and offers a vast amount of useful data. Moz Pro dashboard is sprinkled with tips and they are useful to novice and advanced users, as well. Rand Fishkin explains what every feature does in the videos, so you'll always learn something new while using the platform. When setting the campaign, you'll be asked to input 3 of the competitor websites and also choose which search engines you want to use. I find this feature quite nice, as you'll be able to track the progress nicely.
  • Reporting system
  • Competition comparison
  • On-page grading system
  • Moz is great for reporting when you have a lot of campaigns to monitor, even though their database lacks the vastness of other SEO tools
  • Not very clean UI
  • UI not responsive
  • Not very accurate link index
Moz is great for tracking your SEO progress for multiple clients. It doesn't always offer the most accurate data, but it shows you the direction your campaigns are heading, which is very important. If you're trying to do link-building or anything that has to do with links, I suggest you look for Ahrefs or SEMrush.
Read Dragan Nikolic's full review
Lindsey Marymont | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 19, 2018

Moz Makes SEO Easy

Moz is a very powerful tool for analyzing search traffic and measuring performance. We had a bit of a hard time setting up the campaigns within the system, but once we figured out the best way to structure the setup, it was very useful. We used the system regularly, making technical audits a part of our SEO strategy. The reports we subscribed to kept us updated and notified us of any changes we would want to know about and allowed us to monitor our campaigns without doing too much legwork. We could have utilized more of the capabilities considering how much the basic offerings helped us but didn't get far enough into the system.
  • Technical SEO audit reports
  • Keyword tracking and competitive rankings
  • Grouping keywords into campaigns to monitor as group
  • Automated reporting emailed regularly
  • Easier or more structured setup - maybe guided tour to walk through examples
  • More recommendations for customers. There is some degree of this, but it is helpful to have various different kinds of recommendations.
  • The video tutorials are helpful - I watched a lot of them, but if I had to think of something, I would recommend more of this.
It depends on what they are trying to do, but Moz was really helpful getting started with an SEO strategy and helping us work toward SEO goals. There are various tiers of the product so it might have more functionality in other areas, but in my experience, Moz was very helpful in getting started and for tracking/monitoring performance rather than taking our efforts to the next level with recommendations or developing a strategy.
Read Lindsey Marymont's full review
Roman Prokopchuk | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 21, 2017

Moz Review By Experienced Digital Marketing Executive

Analyzing link profile, help with SEO site audits, and content analysis. Open site explorer has been one of the greatest assets in my SEO career and has benefited all campaigns managed and worked on.
  • Understand strength of site and individual pages.
  • Bank link profile analysis.
  • Competitor analysis
  • Rank tracking
  • Making site audit features more robust.
  • Improve capabilities of keyword explorer.
Competitor analysis of onsite strengths, competitor backlink analysis, and keyword discovery.
Read Roman Prokopchuk's full review
Rodrigo Stockebrand | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 04, 2015

Moz - An overall gleaming review from an enterprise agency user

We only use Moz for the day to day activities in the SEO department, but we're slowly beginning to use the data in new ways that is making traction across the company. For example, we export Moz data to create network maps of sites and it's resonating well with other departments like web analytics and strategy. Also, when we do competitive research using Moz Open Site Explorer (OSE), we typically uncover some pretty interesting websites out there that we then share with our global design teams as either what to do, or what not to do.
  • Moz provides lots of data, all processed and sent back to the end-user fairly quickly. Which is critical for my work since most of my clients are large enterprises with hundreds of thousands of data points (links, pages, etc...), and we generally have quick turnaround periods.
  • Moz provides a great user-interface that we often take screenshots of and include in client reports (e.g. keyword difficulty visuals). This saves me a ton of time since I can quickly add them instead of having to reformat (or recreate) them on other tools that have visuals that are less attractive and eye-catching.
  • Moz customer service has always been incredible. I always feel like I'm getting my questions answered from a real person and that they are doing what's in my best interest. One particular time I called with a question on how to use OSE for a particular pitch and the rep saved me a bunch of time by running the reports for me, as well as giving me his thoughts on how to best leverage.
  • I've always felt that I only know about 10% of what I could possibly really do in Moz. So what would be really helpful is knowing how some other enterprise type users are using the tool. I will say however, that the quick videos on Twitter have been really helpful, as well as the blog posts that really dive into the tool capabilities. Perhaps it's just me being lazy and not proactively learning the tool;)
  • I've always been skeptical of the Moz data that is being pulled in from Google Analytics, since it sometimes doesn't match up with what I see in Google Analytics and is also generally very high-level and not very actionable. Also, would be nice to get Site Catalyst integration.
  • I'm a little concerned with the Mozcon. This is the first year I didn't purchase the super early bird ticket on the spot at the event because I'm starting to feel it's not the best conference for an advanced SEO looking for specific strategies and tactics that could be applicable to large enterprise SEO practices.
For the agency and our enterprise clients- I'd highly recommend the tool for anyone doing any type of SEO work.

And for personal freelance projects (generally SMBs) - I'd recommend it for almost all purpose (broader digital/content marketing, SEO, and local optimization).
Read Rodrigo Stockebrand's full review

Keyword analysis (28)
Backlink management (23)
SERP ranking tracking (28)
Page grader (28)
Competitive analysis (28)
Site audit / diagnostics (27)
Site recommendations (25)
Task management (14)
5.3
Local SEO (20)
Social SEO (17)
Mobile SEO (19)
Global SEO (20)
Multi-domain support (19)
Integration with web analytics tools (21)

About Moz

Moz, from the same-named company in Seattle, Washington, is one of the most popular SEO platforms for tracking the performance of all inbound marketing efforts comprehensively. It reveals how content is being shared through social channels and how that drives traffic to a website, and features a broad toolset for search engine optimization: rank tracking, link opportunites, site audit via Moz Analytics, prospective keyword analysis and content grading, as well as a crawl test to find broken or poorly designed site elements.

Moz offers free SEO tools to get started, after which the Standard pack starts at $99 and supports 5 Moz Analytics Campaigns, 300 keywords, 250,000 crawled pages, and 15 social accounts. The subsequent higher priced tiers available for $149, $249, and $599 (Medium, Large, and Premium) support white label reporting and more keyword and activity coverage, for agencies of increasing size.

Moz Competitors