Muck Rack is a public relations offering from Sawhorse Media.MuckRack is Better than Any Other Media DatabaseI use MuckRack to search for media, very detailed searches where we look for key words and other factors. I set up media alerts to monitor target media and client names, or simply for key trends we are following. I rely on MuckRack for backgrounding on inquiries (There are so many bogus companies and scams out there). MuckRack addresses the problem I had with rather lame media databases that didn't get into the social posts of media. It was also more cost effective and I think the information is much more reliable.,The media alert function is awesome! Google Alerts can't get the detail I need, nor do they filter just for the media. I can set media alerts for particular selection factors such as everyone with "education" as their beat. I am liking the notes ability to log interactions with particular media. This helps me not have to track down conversation chains or actions with media. The interface screen is modern. I love that if I am running a search in one screen, when I click on a particular person or outlet, it opens ANOTHER screen so that I don't have use the back button. I can open, say 10 people at once and compare their notes. I love the PDF summaries from lists. I love the Who shared feature. I LOVE EVERYTHING in MuckRack!,There is a weird process in the media lists when you add new names to the list. I know it tracks the date they were entered but the sorting is difficult to manage. ...I have to go into that process to give you specific guidance on what should be changed. I'll do that next time I encounter it. I wish that there was a better way to search regionally or by DMA rank. I'd like to see the media outlet's circulation numbers on the first screen in a search or allow me to filter. I wish there was a better way to see a real difference between registered media and the giant world of contributors and other wonks. Anyone with a commentary gets pulled into the general list yet many contributors are perfect targets for pitches so I don't want to eliminate them by selecting only registered media.,10,It's hard to measure ROI but I can say this: I have discovered and build relationships with media I may have had a hard time locating before. MuckRack has probably increased my efficiency by 50 percent and doubled my effectiveness. I haven't looked a media databases in about 2 years but it is a much more cost effective media database than the big, traditional ones that everyone else has.,,Prezly, OneNoteMuckRack is the easiest solution for contacting and monitoring mediaMuckRack has become an important tool for our communications efforts. It helps us build and manage lists of key contacts at other media organizations, and offers an intuitive platform for contacting them to pitch our reporters for media appearances. MuckRack is also a central part of our media monitoring suite, allowing us to track who is sharing our journalism on social media.,Build custom lists of key figures at media organizations Offer a platform for pitching media contacts Monitor social media Respond to issues or suggestions as they arise Clear, intuitive design,Building out their list of media contacts at smaller local news outlets,9,More media appearances for our reporters Greater social media reach for our stories Saving time,Google Analytics, ChartbeatMuck Rack is a valuable tool for any PR agency or departmentWe use Muck Rack to find contact information of journalists. We also use it to identify relevant journalists for specific media outreach campaigns. It saves time by providing the information easily, so that we don't have to spend hours searching to find contact details. It is also a well organized database that allows us to use specific key words to identify targets that are ideal for client announcements and more.,Muck Rack has contact information for a lot of journalists It also is easy to use Muck Rack's search feature to find journalists using keywords,Muck Rack's main area of improvement needed is simply that it lacks contact information for a large chunk of journalists. Anyone from a lesser known publication is usually not included.,9,The ROI mainly has to do with the fact that without Muck Rack or a similar tool, we would be ill-equipped to do effective PR for our clients.,Cision PR Software,Cision PR Software
Muck Rack

Muck Rack Reviews

Muck Rack
Filter 10 vetted Muck Rack reviews and ratings
Jennifer Harrison, APR profile photo
August 29, 2018

Muck Rack Review: "MuckRack is Better than Any Other Media Database"

• The media alert function is awesome! Google Alerts can't get the detail I need, nor do they filter just for the media. I can set media alerts for particular selection factors such as everyone with "education" as their beat.
  • I am liking the notes ability to log interactions with particular media. This helps me not have to track down conversation chains or actions with media.
  • The interface screen is modern. I love that if I am running a search in one screen, when I click on a particular person or outlet, it opens ANOTHER screen so that I don't have use the back button. I can open, say 10 people at once and compare their notes.
  • I love the PDF summaries from lists. I love the Who shared feature. I LOVE EVERYTHING in MuckRack!
  • There is a weird process in the media lists when you add new names to the list. I know it tracks the date they were entered but the sorting is difficult to manage. ...I have to go into that process to give you specific guidance on what should be changed. I'll do that next time I encounter it.
  • I wish that there was a better way to search regionally or by DMA rank. I'd like to see the media outlet's circulation numbers on the first screen in a search or allow me to filter.
  • I wish there was a better way to see a real difference between registered media and the giant world of contributors and other wonks. Anyone with a commentary gets pulled into the general list yet many contributors are perfect targets for pitches so I don't want to eliminate them by selecting only registered media.
MuckRack is best at getting a good picture of one person's interests and what they like to write about. It helps me build very specific media lists. I don't spray and pray with my outreach. Everything is very targeted and MuckRack lets me find exactly who could be receptive to my story.
Read Jennifer Harrison, APR's full review
Andrew Bard Epstein profile photo
July 19, 2018

Muck Rack Review: "MuckRack is the easiest solution for contacting and monitoring media"

• Build custom lists of key figures at media organizations
  • Offer a platform for pitching media contacts
  • Monitor social media
  • Respond to issues or suggestions as they arise
  • Clear, intuitive design
  • Building out their list of media contacts at smaller local news outlets
It's very well-suited if part of your job is booking reporters or analysts in other media. It makes less sense for arranging complicated media partnerships.
Read Andrew Bard Epstein's full review
January 16, 2018

Review: "Muck Rack is a valuable tool for any PR agency or department"

• Muck Rack has contact information for a lot of journalists
  • It also is easy to use Muck Rack's search feature to find journalists using keywords
  • Muck Rack's main area of improvement needed is simply that it lacks contact information for a large chunk of journalists. Anyone from a lesser known publication is usually not included.
Great for building media lists - though I never use their list building features, just the information that I find. It's also great for identifying influencers in a certain space. I particularly like that while searching, I can see social media posts and coverage written by the targets that I'm finding.

Muck Rack Scorecard Summary

About Muck Rack

Muck Rack is a public relations offering from Sawhorse Media.