Muck Rack Reviews

Likelihood to Recommend

I think Muck Rack is a great place to start building a media list and a great place to find the audience for specific media outlets. I don't think it should be the only program used to build the list, and should be double-checked by visiting the outlets themselves and seeing who is covering a specific beat.

Likelihood to Recommend

Finding journalists talking about a specific topic such as "tech" in a specific market. You can search what they have tweeted but also their bios, shared articles and profiles. You can find relevant reporters based on beat, location and media type or just search based on location. When you create and download a list, you can see how many followers the reporter has and if they have been active recently on the social channel. Sometimes we'll add a reporter from a national outlet only to find out they have 50 or so followers and are not active on social. It allows us to put together very targeted lists with all of our criteria.

Jennifer Harrison, APR | TrustRadius Reviewer

Likelihood to Recommend

MuckRack is best at getting a good picture of one person's interests and what they like to write about. It helps me build very specific media lists. I don't spray and pray with my outreach. Everything is very targeted and MuckRack lets me find exactly who could be receptive to my story.
Read Jennifer Harrison, APR's full review

Likelihood to Recommend

Great for building media lists - though I never use their list building features, just the information that I find. It's also great for identifying influencers in a certain space. I particularly like that while searching, I can see social media posts and coverage written by the targets that I'm finding.

About Muck Rack

Muck Rack is a public relations offering from Sawhorse Media.