Trusted

MyOn is Engaging!

March 25, 2022

LOVE myON!!

May 27, 2020

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Renaissance myON® Reader, and make your voice heard!

What is Renaissance myON® Reader?

2 people want pricing too

What is PiiQ by Cornerstone?

Cornerstone’s PiiQ is an SMB offering formerly known as Sonar6. PiiQ is aimed at small-to-medium sized businesses and includes core learning management and performance management systems, including content creation, mobile accessibility, and in-product reporting.

What is Adobe Captivate?

Adobe Captivate is an elearning authoring and course design tool (or LCMS). It supports mobile HTML5 content. Captivate’s users are commonly midsized businesses to enterprises. Adobe Captivate includes some prebuilt assets as well as customizable workflows.

What is Renaissance myON® Reader?

Renaissance myON® Reader is a student-centered, personalized literacy program that gives students access to more than 6,000 enhanced digital books. Students can read at school or at home on any internet-enabled device. Titles are dynamically matched to each individual student's interests, grade, and Lexile® reading level. myON Reader includes a healthy mix of fiction and nonfiction content from Capstone Publishers - the leading educational and library publisher of the last 25 years - as well as more than 50 third-party publishers. Combined with a suite of close reading tools and embedded supports, myON Reader fosters student engagement and achievement.

• Renaissance myON® Reader gives students access to more than 6,000 enhanced digital books.
  • Students can access content 24/7/365 online or offline.
  • Educators can match their students with the right book at the right Lexile® reading level based on their individual interests.
  • Educators gain visibility into each of their student's reading progress and can see what books students have opened, books read, time spent reading, and much more.
  • A highlighting tool, notes, and stickable emojis related to literacy within Renaissance myON Reader help students develop close reading skills.

Renaissance myON® Reader Competitors

• LightSail
  • ScootPad
  • Imagine Learning

Renaissance myON® Reader Technical Details

May 12, 2022

Trusted

JESSICA MARTINDALE | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is being used across the whole organization, mostly in English classes. It helps us measure student reading. The students stay engaged in the program, so not only can teachers monitor growth, but students can as well. The students feel and see the achievement that they have made throughout the year.
  • Measure data.
  • Keep students engaged.
  • Shows achievement.
  • They could add more books.
I love using this in the classroom and the students do as well. It is a great way to engage students in 21st-century learning by achieving on the computer. I like that you are able to use both paper and technology. I use it about twice a week in my classroom.
Our district uses myON to help students have access to more books online. We also use myOn for Accelerated Reader. After a student reads the myOn book, they can immediately take an AR quiz.
  • Easy for students to navigate (even at 1st grade level).
  • Lots of non-fiction books.
  • Lots of books for a topic if students are doing a research project.
  • I hope they continue to add to the online collections of fiction books.
We are one to one, so students can read myOn after their assignments are finished. It is a great resource for finding books about the same topic for research. All of the books are very appropriate for school use.
We used Renaissance myON Reader during distance learning as the primary source for our students to have access to books.
  • Colorful.
  • Connected to RenPlace.
  • I could never figure it out.
  • Students levels from their STAR test did not translate into the books suggested on myON.
  • The platform is cumbersome and inaccessible for students and teachers.
  • I am fairly tech-savvy, but I could never navigate through and understand how myON worked. Eventually, I gave up and switched to Epic.
  • The book selection was poor. Only the non-fiction books were interesting to my students. None of the popular titles and authors were available.
  • It was a big disappointment and frustration for me and my students.
The idea is great--a book service connected with RenPlace. In actuality, it did not work at all. Couldn't find books. Didn't like most of the books. No connection between their AR level and the books offered.
March 25, 2022

MyOn is Engaging!

We have Renaissance myOn Reader in our district and we use it along with AR with our students. Students really enjoy the ease of the program. They like the articles of current events as well as the graphic novels and books that they have on myOn. I worked with another school district that also had myOn and our students just loved it. It was the primary program that our students used for independent reading in the school.
  • ease of the program use
  • very informative materials
  • a variety of genres are available
  • it has its own diagnostic reports for each student
  • add more titles for high school students
  • add more graphic novels
  • continue to add books and current event articles to the progrtam
I feel that the program benefits not only struggling readers but also the students that love to read and find the program to be engaging as well. The fact the program reads the stories to the students is also very benefical to our special populations. We can see the students benfitting from this service.
The Renaissance myON Reader is generally used more in the elementary classroom environment than in the high school. Renaissance myON is a digital library for the students to access any time online! One of my favorite problems it addresses is that the program has the ability to read to the students!
  • Text to Speech
  • Diverse Library
  • User Friendly
  • Add more books
I teach 5th/6th grade math and science, but I love finding fun books to explain science and math concepts using books that keep the students engaged. I can make sure to give them several options on their reading level to choose from and know I am meeting a majority of my students needs because they can listen to other book be read if they so choose. My students have learned so much from science graphic novels!
Renaissance myON Reader is being used by our school district. This program solves the problem of not having enough books for students to read. It also addresses the issue of being able to provide access to physical books in the library.
myON Reader helps students engage in reading without having their classmates know what their reading level is and how much reading progress they are making. This program provides students access to books anywhere internet is available.
  • HUGE variety of texts.
  • Engaging format with pictures and bright colors.
  • Helps students monitor their reading progress.
  • When using myON from a mobile device, the layout/icons can take some time to understand.
  • The Lexile level isn’t under each book title.
  • The avatar incentive could be updated for student engagement.
Renaissance myON Reader is great for student engagement in reading! This platform provides many choices for students to make about their reading. This program also allows students to work on their reading level without showing their peers the book they are reading. Renaissance myON Reader pairs very well with the Renaissance platform and Accelerated Reader!
Renaissance myON Reader would be less appropriate where internet access/devices are very limited.
I believe this product provides students with faster and easier access to books. This increases their time spent on task reading. myON reader is a product that is great for students and teachers.
If there are any issues and concerns while using myON, there are many help resources available to offer assistance.
myON Reader works so well with the rest of the Renaissance Platform. This consistency is great for everyone!
May 27, 2020

LOVE myON!!

Each teacher is able to choose whether or not they'd like to us myON and as far as I am aware all of the teachers have opted in and love it! We have struggled to get books in our students' hands with everything including libraries and classrooms being shut down.
  • Students can choose books based on their reading level.
  • Students and teachers can read books together as if we were in reading circles.
  • Students can choose books by categories of interest.
  • I'd like to see book levels laid out in an easier to find fashion. For example, each category could have books at a 1.0-2.0 level, and so on...
Some of my students were unable to get books on apps due to a lack of parent support. This was easy for me to be able to log into a Zoom call and work with them one on one. Renaissance myON Reader made choosing a book quick and easy so we could get as much done in the short time we had.
Because I've never needed support, I am staying at "5" for "neutral."
Alicia Walker | TrustRadius Reviewer
MyON is being implemented district-wide in elementary and middle schools. The program has been a student favorite. Many of my students request in fact beg to use it during free time, after finishing class work and if internet access at home many uses nightly and on weekends. It’s wonderful for younger students who may not be fluent readers quite yet or lack exposure to someone reading to them at home. It has the option to read to. The district implementation of clever logins was a tremendous help with younger students being able to log in much quicker and independently. Teacher time saver. The students didn’t always transition over to AR to take a test on the book read. A future component to implement directly into myON would be after reading a book to follow with an AR test within the same application. Overall, great availability and genres of books that wouldn’t be available to students otherwise in a small library like many schools.
  • Read too.
  • Variety of books.
  • Adding AR tests in application.
  • More books.
The variety of books is excellent.
Easy access for help is available when needed.
Our whole school uses myON Reader. The students use myON to read books that are not available in our school library. It gives them easy access to tons of books on their level that interest them. It also links to A. R. testing to make it easier for them to earn their A.R. points. myON has a lot of great features.
  • It gives students a vast selection of reading materials.
  • It helps students find books that interest them.
  • It links to A.R. to make testing easier.
  • I have no suggestions for improvements at this time.
I really like myON Reader. However, there are free programs that are very similar.
Mario Sanchez | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is used across my whole campus where each student has the availability to read a book no matter if they are in school. It is much easier than to go to the library and pick whichever book is available instead of a book you want to read. On My Reader, they have that choice and it is convenience to them and us teachers.
  • Have available titles.
  • Access through multiple devices.
  • Available when needed.
  • Better connection.
  • More titles.
  • Easier navigation.
When they aren't allowed to go to the library because it is closed. Less suited when the internet is down.