MySQL Reviews

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Balázs Kiss | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use it from time-to-time, as the database solution for our smaller projects which requires a relational database. Usually used by the whole team, integrated into the production chain, and nearly everybody uses it for testing, smaller modifications in the data model, or when installing for a localized development environment.
Read Balázs Kiss's full review
Holman Cárdenas, M.Eng, TOGAF®, ITIL® | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 04, 2019

MySQL - Old User's Review

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I have used MySQL across different companies, mainly as a DB for web pages (along with Apache and PHP) and web-based applications (internal and external). It provides a fast, reliable and efficient DB solution.
Read Holman Cárdenas, M.Eng, TOGAF®, ITIL®'s full review
Doug Ford | TrustRadius Reviewer

I like data.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

MySQL is mostly for vetting out developers to make sure they had enough knowledge to accomplish specific job duties. I created a bunch of tables and relationships, and populated a couple hundred rows of data across all of the tables. Then I gave developers a test asking them to send me back SQL scripts to perform various SQL, DDL, DML tasks and I would validate everything to make sure it worked as it ought to.
Read Doug Ford's full review
Aung Phyo | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use MySQL for database management. I do school projects for web security classes with PHP. We use PHP for the backend and use MySQL for the database. This platform has good security features, and it was very easy to match with PHP and postscript databases.
Read Aung Phyo's full review
Alper Ozdamar | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 17, 2019

MySQL is for all!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We used MySQL at my previous job. We had a WhatsApp like application named Wirofon. We were using a MySQL database to store subscribers information and for call routing and call barring rules.
Read Alper Ozdamar's full review
October 11, 2019

mysql review

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

As I know, we use it only in a department of our company. Most of the time we use this database as a development database. We store less complex data structures in it, small and few tables, as we know it's better to store small amount of data then other relation databases.
October 08, 2019

I like MySql

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

It was used across the whole organization internally. It was picked because of the easy integration, great support, and stability. For internal usage, they needed a cost-effective but trustworthy solution. Also from experience, the developers are familiar with MySql the most, they would able to use the juniors to work on the internal solutions first and learn the way.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

MySQL is used within the whole organization as one of the two primary RDMBS. It is the underlying RDBMS database for the internal and external company records, hosted on Oracle PaaS.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

MySQL is used in my company to store transactional data of modern applications that have been developed with an SOA architecture oriented to services and microservices, since these require multiple databases that are stable, light and have high availability.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

MySQL is being used by our core team to develop and test out our prototype applications. It is lightweight, easy to use, and offers plugins for almost all of the widely used programming languages. Thanks to MySQL, spinning up a database to back prototype applications is a quick process. The rest of my organization is using Oracle Database 12c.
September 16, 2019

MySQL: The Simpler Choice

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I write custom web-based applications and MySQL is my go-to database solution. Typically, an organization has a need for an application which their core services do not provide or they need an application to integrate with services they already use. In either case, MySQL is a great product to use for storing data easily and efficiently, for free with the benefit of adding logic in the database layer so that it manages itself.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

MySQL is used at the organization level but mainly for web applications in the organization.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

My IT team had to create daily reports based on patient care and the different service requested. MySQL is used for the whole company but only IT had the right to get access and make updates. Right now I am still using MySQL for personal projects developing web sites using Content Management Systems.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

MySQL is being used for many software in my company development for specific departments and software for all employees across the organization like human resources forms, Content Management Systems for website and intranet, health forms, satisfaction survey software.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

MySQL is used in the whole organization, for variety of engineering and business purposes. Examples of uses:
  • DevOps pipelines data
  • Software artifact data and metadata
  • Test results
  • Validation results
  • Users and their associated data
  • Extracts from Big Data systems
MySQL is a data store many users are familiar with, and that makes for easy adoption. The infrastructure teams have experience in running it reliably.

I love MySQL

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

MySQL is one of the powerful database management in the world. that very easy to use and because it's an opensource project. That's make it very special, because lot of developer work on it and make it powerful each day. MSQL is really the best alternative for startup, because they do not have to much budget. That a great technology for free.

MySQL Rocks!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

MySQL is used as a data repository for all our online, batch, and reporting needs.
September 18, 2019

Good data storage solution!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

MySQL is our main database solution for all types of projects. All departments are encouraged to use it for their data storage needs. We are storing massive amounts of data and MySQL enables us to do it efficiently and securely.
Andrei Volodin | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I am a Research Engineer in VizioChron, Inc. I have to use MySQL often. First, it is used by consumers that I work with. Second I have to do some experimental designs and implementations with the use of it. As it is open source it is easy to use it in common web projects e.g. LAMP.
Read Andrei Volodin's full review

About MySQL

MySQL is a popular open-source relational and embedded database, now owned by Oracle.

MySQL Integrations