Reviews (1-2 of 2)
March 23, 2020
Score 8 out of 10
For in-house infrastructure monitoring and application performance monitoring across the entire organization. Some 1000 hosts, 50+ Applications, various 3rd party integrations. We do both monitoring and logging, also using a single view Fusion product provided by Nagios. We have started using Nagios to collect and store detailed performance information about our infrastructure and ended up developing end-2-end monitoring solutions, talking back to Nagios XI via its API for alerting and reporting purposes.
- 3rd party integrations via open API.
- Extremely flexible and configurable long term storage of the very detailed performance information (years of per 1-5 min perf data numbers).
- Small Nagios XI footprint (very efficient MySQL DB and flat files for perf data), making it powerful tool for thousands of checks and hundreds of reports.
- Responsive support, willing to provide resolution outside the box and by various means possible.
- Robust, but visually old interface. Requires a lot of work to become presentable.
- Small selection of dashlets to construct new views.
- No MS Azure monitoring ability, nothing for “as service,” very limited Amazon cloud monitoring abilities.
- Questionable price politics (could make it a lot less for developing markets to actually increase use of the product and R&D budgets).
- No report designers nor the ability to create new reports. No changes in this area for years.
- Overall lack of new developments, making this product more and more outdated.
Read this authenticated review
Nagios XI is suitable for inexpensive and very detailed monitoring of the physical hosts and VMs. Both Windows and Linux. This would require configuring 2-3 ways of monitoring for the same set of hosts and some time spent to fine tune the configurations. It may also be used for SQL and Apache front-ends such as Tomcat, Glassfish, etc.
November 09, 2019
Score 9 out of 10
Nagios XI is helping us to do the monitoring completely automatic. The advance dashboard and admin dashboard are designed so well and are easy to configure as per each user's need. The scheduled managed report help in scaling up the capacity planning of the infrastructure. Nagios XI is providing the complete and comprehensive IT infrastructure monitoring many of our projects, and helps us to deliver the project in faster and more efficient ways.
- Nagios XI has an exclusive feature of bulk modification of attributes that help in monitoring the same set on monitoring modules on a newly set up environment.
- It allows you to monitor many network devices, such as switches, routers, servers, and is helping to monitor network performance and track traffic on the network interface.
- The audit trails feature allows us to scrutinize the modification or setup.
- The mobile interface is newly developed and needs more development. It should provide more options for the audit log and add more detail for the configuration rollback options.
- The scheduled report should be included in standard edition.
- Master Node is configurable on LINUX platform only. We had to hire a Linux administrator
Read Eduin Zuloaga's full review
Nagios' ability to chart website ping values over any length of time helps when trying to correlate the data with other network components. Website ping and response times can be used in combination with other data as a great first step when determining whether or not connectivity and performance issues are limited to just the local network.
Nagios XI Scorecard Summary
About Nagios XI
Nagios XI is an Enterprise Server and Network Monitoring Software, built on Nagios Core and designed to comprehensive application, service, and network monitoring in a central solution.
Nagios XI is available in two different editions: Standard Edition and an Enterprise Edition. The Enterprise Edition provides users with additional functionality and includes features that are designed to aid in large-scale configuration, forecasting, and scheduled reporting. Each license includes twelve months of maintenance (upgrade entitlements) and email support.
Categories: IT Infrastructure Monitoring
Nagios XI Technical Details