Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
- Incremental backup identification (100)9.393%
- Multiple backup destinations (95)9.292%
- Deduplication and file compression (97)9.090%
- Instant recovery (98)8.787%
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of NAKIVO Backup & Replication, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
- Tech Details
- Deploy in 2 minutes: Pre-configured VMware and Nutanix AHV Virtual Appliance, NAS devices, 1-click Windows installer, 1-command Linux installer, Amazon Machine Image
- Protect VMs: Native, agentless, image-based, application-aware backup and replication for VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, Nutanix AHV, and Amazon EC2 instances
- Protect physical machines: Image-based, application-aware, incremental backups of Windows and Linux servers, and workstations
- Protect Microsoft 365 data: Back up and recover Exchange Online, OneDrive for Business, and SharePoint Online data
- Increase backup speed: Forever-incremental backups with CBT/RCT/CRT, LAN-free data transfer, network acceleration, up to 2x performance improvement when installed on NAS
- Reduce backup size: Exclusion of swap files and partitions, global backup deduplication, variable backup compression
- Ensure recoverability: Instant backup and replica verification with screenshots of test-recovered VMs, backup copy offsite/to the cloud (Amazon S3/Wasabi/Microsoft Azure)
- Decrease recovery time: Instant recovery of VMs, files, application objects (Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, SQL), DR with VM replicas, P2V recovery
- Supported: Universal recovery
- Supported: Instant recovery
- Supported: Recovery verification
- Supported: Business application protection
- Supported: Multiple backup destinations
- Supported: Incremental backup identification
- Supported: Backup to the cloud
- Supported: Deduplication and file compression
- Supported: Snapshots
- Supported: Flexible deployment
- Supported: Management dashboard
- Supported: Platform support
- Supported: Retention options
- Supported: Encryption
Watch Product Videos
|Deployment Types||On-premise, Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Virtual Appliance, direct Install on NAS, pre-configured AWS Amazon Machine Image|
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||70%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||20%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||10%|
- Configuration, it's easy to learn how to configure it.
- Modularity, you can expand it usage by purchasing licenses only when it's needed
- It improved a lot in the past years, at this point I have no needs which I cannot satisfy with it.
- NAKIVO software upgrades are easy and quick.
- NAKIVO has a chat option to contact support immediately within the console.
- Once you create your backups and define your notifications on those backups, you can set it and forget it. Backup emails alert you of any issues so you know when you need to login to the console to check. NAKIVO does not require daily monitoring, although it is good practice to login to the console at least once a week just to check everything.
- Support is eager to assist anytime I have contacted them. If 2nd level support is needed, issues are escalated quickly.
- Backups have the option of "screenshot verification". Screenshot verification doesn't always work for us when our vmtools is out of date. If we are on an older version of VMware and that version of vmtools is up to date, NAKIVO still thinks it is out of date.
- Quick and easy deployment
- Backup of complete virtual machines and at the file level
- Compatibility with other products
- Full OS-level backup on physical machines
- Spanish support
- less Systemrequirements
- easy to Manage
- multiple Platforms
- no local Datastore for Office 365 backups possible?
- easier Way to find the Software (for Registered Partners)
- Please no Questions to speak with our Customers -> We are the trusted Consultants there and most of them dont speak that good English.
- Can be installed natively on nas appliances leveraging the use of underutilized appliances. No need to install the software on Windows or Linux Servers.
- Backup natively Vmware Virtual Machines and File Shares (you need to buy the right license modules).
- Destination storage for backups (or of the backup copies) can be Microsoft shares, Amazon S3, Wasabi, Backblaze and remotely to other sites using their transporter vm.
- To not overload the system with overlapping jobs, they can be chained one after the other.
- Rapid add/remove/reorder priority of vm to backup and their backup archive. Jobs can be easily changed or chained.
- Quick support service
- The file share recover via CIFS should be able to recover files directly into the filesystem (along with security settings) instead of downloading a zip file.
- Currently, backup of File Shares to Amazon S3/Wasabi is not supported.
- Email notifications should have a customizable subject that supports the use of some predefined variables that will be expanded when sending.
- It would also be useful to see on the Backup view of a repository the number of recovery points for each object and the backup type for each row.
- When navigating the Backup view of VM repository and there are several protected virtual machines, you have several pages to navigate to reach a specific vm. However, after entering the detail view of a backup, when you click the "<" on the page, you are returned to the first page of repository instead of being returned to the nth page you were on before.
- On the Backup view of a VM repository, it would be nice to have a tooltip showing the summary data of the backup you are hovering over (or by clicking the hyperlink).
- Easy to install and use
- Price competitive
- Support for older OS like Win7
- VMs backups
- restore original named copy of folder
- Great integration with VMWare
- Ease of use
- Great tecnichal and commercial support
- Nothing to report. I never had issues with this software.
- The web interfaces is simple and easy to use
- Cost Effective
- Very Secure
- I would like it to be in Spanish
- Spanish Support
- Restore physical machine
- Server Replication
- Server Backup
- Granular file recovery
- Server Recovery
- I would like it to be in Spanish
- What you would change is your product maintenance renewal policy
- Speed in incremental Backup & Replication to DR site for VMWare infrastructure is very high.
- Browsing of stored backup retention point is very quick and simple to manage.
- Integration with Microsoft365 cloud to obtain an own secure data backup is a very important feature.
- The structure of the transporters in clustered environments is really efficient.
- quiescence management (application-aware) in replication service
- Fast application performance.
- Possibility of installation on different OS or types of devices.
- No problems after updates.
- Very good contact with the support department.
- Better and more readable access to logs.
- More advanced look to the main menu.
- More information about tape backup.
- Backup validation
- Instant recovery
- No bare-metal recovery
- No email notification aggregation
- Update of transporters on machines is not performed automatically when the solution is updated to a new version
- Backup VM's on-prem
- Send backup copies to AWS cloud
- Easy setup
- More links to how-to/FAQ on menu pages
- Branding guide
- Guide for transporters
- easy to use
- attractive price
- quality technical support
- no particular problem
- still no problem found
- 0 problem
- Backup of VMs
- Restore of VMs
- Replication VMs between locations
- I really don't see any.
- Full backup of VMs in VMWare environment.
- Incremental backup, lowering the time spend on each backup.
- VMs replication to another datacenter.
- Backup´s & Replication
- Backup copy job
- Job reporting
- I have no idea
- I don´t know
- I don´t know
- Managing VM backups and restoration.
- Excellent technical support availability
- Well thought through scheduler and retention
- Add Cloud backup
- Allow Calendar function in lower subscription
- Integrate Transporter Updates through the Web UI
- Bare metal Recovery Backups
- Restoring a backup to hyper V and automatically adding it & starting the VM. Easy to duplicate machines
- email notifications if a backup fails, but we haven't had a single backup fail due to problems with the software in over 4 years. Very reliable software.
- Scheduled jobs, are very easy to configure & monitor & setup.
- transponder updates, We've had one problem over 4 years with the update just a single machine doesn't like to be auto-updated. All other nodes/transporters/transponders work perfectly.
- If a backup is failing constantly, and it's set up send an email out every time it fails if it tries once an hour. This should be modified so I don't get spammed overnight with failing backups.
- Auto-update transporters without my intervention once a stable build is out and has been tested elsewhere
- Replication for DR sites
- Office 365 backup
- Easy backup of our ESXi or Vcenter vms
- So many times we use Plesk to publish so many customer applications it would be very well if they will develop the plugin for Plesk Backup.
- easy deployment
- easy setup
- Good price
- Spanish Support
- cloud backup
- VM Backup and Replication
- Disaster Recovery
- Quick restore of files and entire VMs
- Communication between Director and Transporters during the automatic updates can be improved
- Internal DB reconstruct after a failure may be managed more efficiently