Reviews (1-22 of 22)
- The biggest help for me was the possibility to use Synology NAS to do the job.
- The calendar is helping a lot programming the backup job without overlapping another running job.
- Migration to another Synology NAS is also easy, just export/import the configuration, reconfigure the repository and done.
- I can't remember anything.
- Easy to implement and flexible, Nakivo can run on Windows systems, as a virtual appliance on VMware or as an app on your Synology NAS.
- Very robust- in more than two years since using it we did not have any failed backups related to the product itself.
- Can not think of anything, maybe they can make it a free product?
You might find it hard to believe but there are still some physical servers out there for which you will need to implement different backup product.
- Straightforward interface.
- Bandwidth is managed, so it works well when there are slow network connections involved.
- We would like the ability to run the virtual image in situ on the virtual hosting of NAS backup devices. Some NAS vendor backup utilities now have this facility.
- The user interface can be cumbersome at times. For example, if looking for a particular recovery point of a particular backup instance.
- The user interface is good to work with.
- They have good support.
- Clearly they need to get out there more since a lot of end users are using other backup tools/apps.
- Customer Service could always be better even when it's good.
- Easy to configure
- The different product versions are oddly named for what they provide.
- Some enterprise features are not yet supported on the virtual appliance running under VMware.
- Creating G-F-S backups of virtual servers in a completely automated fashion.
- Restoring data easily when needed, either as specific individual files or entire servers (and the run-from-backup option is just neat, although we've rarely had use for that).
- Storing Data in a de-duplicated, compressed format has allowed us to store many many backups in a space that is many many times smaller than it would take to keep multiple full copies of each server.
- Needs to support more flavors of Linux. Seeing "The operating system of the selected recovery server is not supported" is just not cool, man, not cool.
- Should allow more than one user regardless of license level. Even small companies have more than one IT person who might need to access it and sharing one ID is never a good idea.
- It's frustrating when we get job failures because maintenance tasks are being done (which makes things like repositories unavailable). Maintenance tasks should be paused and then resume after the higher priority job completes.
Nakivo works cleanly and efficiently when backing up Hyper-V VMs. The software does well with a mixed environment of Linux and Windows VMs, and deduplication and compression make off-site backups viable. Restoring VMs from off-site or on-site storage was painless and easy.
Initially I was concerned that the several TB of VM data we had would be too much for off-site backups, but deduplication coupled with heavy compression brought this down to only a few hundred GB when uploading to Azure File Storage.
The software is quite flexible in that you can either use an SMB file store, or configure a light-weight VM in Azure with Nakivo's transporter installed for better security / more efficient transport when doing off-site backups. Using Backup Copy jobs allows you to keep nice and consistent backups.
- On-site and off-site backups. The data compression, deduplication and low resource usage is very nice and fast
- Nakivo Backup works flawlessly with our Synlogy NAS backup system
- I had a small learning curve to get used to the UI. I think the backup wizard could be streamlined a little bit
- Installation is a breeze, Nakivo pretty much works right out of the box.
- Jobs run fast and there is no agent to install.
- Easy to add your inventory.
- Would love to see the ability to backup a physical machine for those of us that still have a few that cannot be virtualized.
- GUI interface is fairly decent but could use a little bit of a spruce up.
- Easy to install, the first backup comes within 5 minutes.
- Excellent support and followup.
- Nice price.
- I cant think of something missing right now. Minor tweaks that it will be nice to have in 7.2 are already Incorporated in 7.3.
- It was simple to setup
- Simple to administer
- Price is quite good compared to competition
- Data recovery is not always easy. I had to contact support to help recover some deleted files. (we did recover everything)
- When a VM is down it would be nice to have phone support.
- Deduplication --> saves data on backup storage
- No footprint on virtual environment --> no additional virtual appliances and no additional management software therefore there a minimal use of resources
- Fast backup times --> smaller backup windows
- Layout of the web-portal could use a upgrade --> screen/layout is static, no auto sizing with bigger monitors
- Working well with free esxi vm-ware as backup solution.
- Very fast backup together with Synology NAS
- Very easy to administer and use in setup and when restoring
- Work with Backblaze as cloud backup as well.
- Documentation based on new VMware 6.5
- Virtual backup solutions are always complex but NAKIVO is user-friendly.
- Best support ever, the support team always up to date, and write a good solution.
- Add more feature, for example cloud connect.
NAKIVO Backup & Replication Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is NAKIVO Backup & Replication?
- Deploy in 2 minutes: Pre-configured VMware and Nutanix AHV Virtual Appliance, NAS devices, 1-click Windows installer, 1-command Linux installer, Amazon Machine Image
- Protect VMs: Native, agentless, image-based, application-aware backup and replication for VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, Nutanix AHV, and Amazon EC2 instances
- Protect physical machines: Image-based, application-aware, incremental backups of Windows and Linux servers, and workstations
- Protect Microsoft 365 data: Back up and recover Exchange Online, OneDrive for Business, and SharePoint Online data
- Increase backup speed: Forever-incremental backups with CBT/RCT/CRT, LAN-free data transfer, network acceleration, up to 2x performance improvement when installed on NAS
- Reduce backup size: Exclusion of swap files and partitions, global backup deduplication, variable backup compression
- Ensure recoverability: Instant backup and replica verification with screenshots of test-recovered VMs, backup copy offsite/to the cloud (Amazon S3/Wasabi/Microsoft Azure)
- Decrease recovery time: Instant recovery of VMs, files, application objects (Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, SQL), DR with VM replicas, P2V recovery
NAKIVO Backup & Replication Screenshots
NAKIVO Backup & Replication Videos (6)
Watch Product Videos
NAKIVO Backup & Replication Downloadables
NAKIVO Backup & Replication Competitors
NAKIVO Backup & Replication Pricing
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?No
|Pro Essentials||$25||per workload|
|Enterprise Essentials||$35||per workload|
A workload is a VMware vSphere VM, Microsoft Hyper-V VM, Nutanix AHV VM, a physical machine (01 server and 03 workstations), an Oracle database, or an Amazon EC2 instance.
NAKIVO Backup & Replication Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||70%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||20%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||10%|
NAKIVO Backup & Replication Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
NAKIVO Backup & Replication Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Virtual Appliance, direct Install on NAS, pre-configured AWS Amazon Machine Image|