Namecheap

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Namecheap, and make your voice heard!

domain - .com

domain - .org

Business Email - Starter

What is Namecheap?

Namecheap is a website domain name service offering providing easy domain name registration, and affordable hosting plans.

Namecheap Technical Details

Ray Hollister | TrustRadius Reviewer
Namecheap is the absolute best domain registrar that I have used, and I have used just about all of the big names. They are priced right; they offer excellent customer service, their FAQs and documentation are excellent. They don’t spam you with offers for things you don’t want, and they don’t have misleading practices like hiding that the first-year fee is 1/10 of the regular annual cost. They don’t try to sneak in a change to your bill and charge you for multiple years when you’ve already set it to a one-year renewal.

The only negative of Namecheap is its brand name. I have had a few raised eyebrows when I have told executives that we are using Namecheap. It doesn’t sound like a professional service. It sounds like a consumer service. This is terrible because they are the MOST professional service and reliable service of all the services I work with on a daily basis.
Stephen Steinberg | TrustRadius Reviewer
If you need to register a domain, Namecheap is the best hands-down. We haven't used their hosting so I can't attest to it. I'm sure it'd be fine for a low-trafficked website that doesn't need to be fast. Otherwise just register your domain at Namecheap and use custom DNS to connect it to a website hosted elsewhere.
Joseph Condon | TrustRadius Reviewer
Namecheap is well suited for anyone wanting to register a new domain. Their prices are extremely hard to beat and the renewal costs are also acceptable. They make the search easy so it's the best place if you aren't sure which domain name you want yet. I cannot think of any scenarios where it would be a bad idea to use Namecheap. You can't beat the free whois privacy.
Brandon Zell | TrustRadius Reviewer
For purchasing and managing domain registrations, I've been very happy with Namecheap and would happily recommend them to my colleagues. When Google started offering domain registration, I was tempted to begin using them for all my new domains. They offer simple pricing and Who Is Privacy protection is included. The main catch? They're just more expensive then Namecheap. Why pay Google $60 for a domain I can get through Namecheap for $30? (and I'm not talking about a first year sale price).

As much as I love Namecheap, they're not my choice for quality hosting. It's not that their hosting is bad, but in my opinion their are better options. However, I do maintain a hosting account with Namecheap for myself.
Collin Berg | TrustRadius Reviewer
Namecheap is the perfect solution for getting your domains. $10 for .com domains is a great price and easy addons for privacy are inexpensive. Hosting with Namecheap is also one of the best solutions for simple sites that need brochure or blog style sites. Its perfect for new businesses that need an online presence fast.
Adam Brown | TrustRadius Reviewer
Namecheap is my preferred choice for registering domains and managing DNS. I've never really run into a scenario, outside of needing a domain with a TLD that they don't offer, where Namecheap isn't well suited to anything domain/DNS related.

While Namecheap does offer other services, like email and hosting, I've never used it as I've always used dedicated hosting and email providers.
Chris Tuley | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have found Namecheap to be the easiest and fastest way for a user to register a domain name. This is essential to my operations when my clients are purchasing their own domains as it is incredibly easy for them to get what they need without being sold meaningless add-ons.
Derek Letellier | TrustRadius Reviewer
Namecheap is definitely a great option if you wish to purchase your domain names separate from your hosting provider. They've been great for our domain name hosting, but I don't know much about their web hosting or email options. However, I am of the philosophy not to have too many eggs in one basket and to use separate services so you have independence to choose your providers.