Namecheap

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Namecheap, and make your voice heard!

domain - .com

domain - .org

Business Email - Starter

What is Namecheap?

Namecheap is a website domain name service offering providing easy domain name registration, and affordable hosting plans.

Namecheap Technical Details

Ray Hollister | TrustRadius Reviewer
Namecheap is our domain registrar of choice. We switched from several different domain registrars over to just Namecheap. We have dealt with many previous registrars that have complex and confusing UIs on their control panels and that charge exorbitant fees for simple things. Namecheap doesn’t do any of that. Namecheap provides excellent customer service and an incredibly simple-to-use service.
Vivek Narayanankutty Nair | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have 6 domains and premium DNS servers with Namecheap. We are getting a good price for domains and their premium DNS service is also excellent. On top of that, excellent chat support when the need arises.
Stephen Steinberg | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Namecheap to buy and manage the domain names we own. At the end of the day, most domain registrars provide the same exact service, but we always come back to Namecheap for a few reasons. First, their UX and UI are insanely easy to use, there's never any confusion. Second, they have great prices. Third, they never use shady re-registration practices that other registrars rely on.
Cameron Renfro | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Namecheap to manage all of my personal and professional domains. A few years ago I transferred all of our domains to Namecheap and recommend it to everyone. Domain purchase and management is foreign enough for most people without having to deal with a cumbersome and clunky interface which is what I feel most other providers offer. Namecheap is easy, affordable, and does what it's supposed to do.
Joseph Condon | TrustRadius Reviewer
Namecheap is used as the primary provider of all my domain names, both business and personal. In the last 2 years, I have only used Namecheap for my domain names and they have become my domain registrar of choice. This solves the issue of having domains across many different providers and allows me to centralize all my domains. It addresses all my domain needs as well as domain privacy, which is included for free, unlike other providers.
Brandon Zell | TrustRadius Reviewer
As a web design freelancer, Namecheap is my choice for searching for and registering domains. Their domain search engine is great, they often have fantastic sales, and as of recently, they're including Who Is Privacy for free. Namecheap is also my top pick for quality, low-cost hosting.
Collin Berg | TrustRadius Reviewer
Namecheap is a great hosting platform for simple sites and purchasing domains. Their user interface is simple and modern. Their cPanel is great and modern and using it to point DNS to the right folder is easy to follow. I use them exclusively to purchase new domains and searching for domain records. They have quick and no-nonsense support. For the price point, Namecheap is fantastic for hosting simple sites and the only domain purchaser i trust.
Adam Brown | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Namecheap to manage domain registration for a portfolio of properties. Namecheap also handles DNS for some of these domains. Where we use another DNS service Namecheap makes it simple to switch to another DNS provider. There is also very little lag time when making DNS changes, so our development processes aren't needlessly slowed waiting for DNS updates to propogate.

Namecheap provides a simple to use and cost effective way to register and manage our domains. It's one of those services that just works and once you have it going you never really need to worry about it again.
Chris Tuley | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have used Namecheap for the last several years as the sole provider for all of my domain names and WhoIs registration. I own 2 small businesses, a photography/videography company and a design company, and I have exclusively used Namecheap for my own companies domains. I also exclusively use Namecheap to purchase domains on behalf of my clients.
Derek Letellier | TrustRadius Reviewer
We're using Namecheap for the purchase and management of all our domain names. We chose to use Namecheap because we wanted to uncouple our hosting provider from our domain name purchases. In the event that we used a hosting company that soured on us (Arvixe being a perfect example), we'd like to have the ability to quickly point a domain name to a new hosting provider to make seamless hosting transition. Namecheap gives us that exact ability. They offer competitive prices, domain name privacy, and a magnitude of other hosting features that I personally have not taken advantage of. They also have an easy-to-use web interface and strong two-factor authentication for account security.