Most recently, we used Paycom, which took on core HRIS, time & attendance, and payroll. We found ourselves needing something that was far more user-friendly, for admins and employees alike. We also had lots of processing issues.
- The UI is very easy to navigate. Core functions are broken out into logical categories. We've even been able to troubleshoot rather extensively just by using the admin guides. Workflows can be designed so that critical stakeholders are always in the loop in regards to critical changes, such as pay changes.
- Namely recently adopted a Client Success model that makes it very easy to get in touch with a subject matter expert across every HR discipline that Namely supports. If you're having a payroll issue, you'll get a payroll expert. if you have a configuration issue, you'll get a Namely config guru.
- Namely has incredible resources for HR professionals. Their Namely Blog and Newsletter provides relevant news and fantastic insights into pressing issues. They also have a client hub that makes it easy to connect with other Namely users to share best practices.
- Onboarding is amazing! Onboarding modules can be customized to cover all sorts of needs. You even get access to Adobe E-sign, giving you a lot of flexibility when it comes to creating required onboarding forms.
- The Time & Attendance modules lacks the immediate "pick up and go" feel of the rest of the platform. It works as advertised, but you have to do a lot more menu digging get everything working as smoothly as possible.
- Particularly when working with very specific reports, you sometimes have to bust out your v-lookup skills to consolidate data across Namely core HRIS, payroll, and/or Time and Attendance.
Namely might not be well-suited for companies that have a significant employee population outside of the US . We've had some issues integrating our international employees into the core HRIS and benefits modules.
- Time off management
- Periodically employee performance reviews
- Employees goals setting
- Employees data: skills, experience, compensation, teams&allocations
- Organization charts
- Tasks: My tasks and Task lists
eSilicon is a Global Company and it needs to have one central system for all functions of HR management, Goals and Performance Management, Time Off management with obeying the laws and policies of each subsidiary.
- Time off management - simple and efficient way to submit/approve and keep track of the remaining days. It covers all types of legal time off.
- Goals setting - Namely has a mature enough framework that you can configure based on the company's requirements.
- Organization chart - a nice visual display of the company hierarchy structure.
- Employee Performance Review - there were some troubles in configuring the exact requirements of our goals process flow. Due to this, few steps in the flow were done manually by HR.
- Time off management - one improvement would be to see the total amount of personal time off you are allowed to take for the current year, as an employee. You can see only the accrued time, up to date(for the year).
- Notifications system on the top of the page - you can see the unread notifications which is good, however you also can see all read notifications, even those that were repeated periodically. It may a little confusing until you adjust to it.
- Ability to integrate with NetSuite - we discovered that the existing integration doesn't cover the custom fields define in NetSuite, that is something to improve in the future versions of Namely.
As for an inappropriate scenario, if your ERP is on the cloud and you have specific requirements to integrate with Namely, this integration is only basic for the moment.
- User-friendly. Easy to navigate through the website and run any reports in Namely HRIS.
- On-boarding process is much more automated as you can upload all required documents into a template and have new employees complete them using e-signature. Keep in mind that e-signature feature in NOT built-in.
- Performance Management feature makes it simple to keep track of everyone’s progress and manage from the administrative side. However, attachments can only be viewed by the individual who attached them and the administrator; this makes this feature pointless.
- Benefits Open Enrollment is now automated and employees will be accountable for making changes or selecting new coverage.
- Namely is NOT fully integrated (HRIS to Payroll & Namely Time to Payroll).
- Namely Payroll report writer is limited and there are manual entries that you need to do to if you are tracking PTO using their HRIS module.
- Web-clock and PTO Tracking in Namely HRIS module is very limited; the web-clock is unable to round worked hours as we track employee hours worked in 15 minute increments and PTO Tracking was not accruing the correct amount of sick and vacation balance for the employees which caused us to manually track PTO for 6 months on a spreadsheet.
- Even with the Namely Time module, it DOES NOT fully integrate with Namely Payroll, therefore, all accrued vacation and sick balances do not feed over and we are not able to show the accrued balances on employees’ pay-stubs which is required by law in California. We have NOT been in compliance for over 16 MONTHS since beginning of 2017.
- Implementation team we too quick to hand us off before things were fully setup/ implemented
- Namely Support (tax team, configuration engineers, etc), takes a while to get back to you because your account manager will relay the issues to them and they do not follow up. You rarely get things resolved within a week; our longest outstanding issues with them has been going on for 22 months.
- Performance reviews
- Benefits management
- Namely has been great for processing payroll. They take care of all tax payment and issue W-2s.
- Namely helps us to perform timely annual reviews on staff via its workflow and reminders.
- Employees do open enrollments for benefits through Namely, and the process is pretty straightforward.
- The support of our account manager was great. She was very attentive.
- On our first round of W-2s in January 2016, there was incorrect data on some of the W-2s, and correcting it caused us to be late in getting the W-2s to our employees.
- Performance review reports have weird spacing issues, and text cannot be formatted in the annual review (no bold, underline, bullets).
- Open enrollments require significant effort from Namely to set up and execute. It would be helpful if it could be more of a template, but perhaps the complexities of healthcare don't allow this.
Their proposed cost to handle ACA reporting (1095-B) was exhorbitant for a small company like ours.
- Every person I've worked with in Namely is competent, friendly, quick, patient, and very helpful. I've never before worked with any company like this. Their customer service, professionalism, and forward thinking blow me away.
- Namely is quick to listen to client feedback and solve problems. They're constantly adding new features, so even if it doesn't have everything you want now, there is a good chance it will.
- Namely's platform is very user-friendly. It's easy to navigate and learn how to use. For many users, it's self-explanatory. They provide great training tools as well.
- Namely Payroll is easy to use and provides a large variety of reports that you can access immediately. It's easy to update employee and company tax information.
- Namely time off could be more interactive with payroll, but I think Namely is working on this improvement currently.
- Easy to use
- Great support
- Continuous improvement
- More interactive
- Surveys and/or Poll - both anonymous and not - or partner with a provider that can
- Engagement features to encourage folks to log in daily for updates - not just my hourly folks to clock in
- Benefits- The benefit portal is easy to use by the employees and administration of the benefits on the back side is just as easy. It looks good, and flows very well. Very customization for our benefit structure.
- Payroll - easy to use system that allows for a lot of flexibility when running your payroll. Integrations with the HRIS and Time side of things makes payroll run much faster and takes away some of the manual work from before.
- HRIS- The homage is great for announcements and getting employee involvement on day to day activities of the organization. One stop place for employees to find what they are looking for.
- Newer company some some features can be less user friendly or non-existent when compared to older HRIS systems.
- Aside from having every tool an HR/Payroll department needs integrated and working together, the best part about Namely is their customer service. Each client has an individual client partner instead of an 800 number and a case ID. That's made all the difference - instead of going through prompts and re-describing the problem to a different CSR each time you call in, your partner knows you and your company and always responds quickly. Outstanding customer focus!
- Nothing, they're exactly what we were looking for and more. If I were looking for a new system, I would implement Namely again.
- The HRIS platform is set up very well. It is easy to understand and our employees can figure out how to get the information they need, which cuts down on questions to the finance/HR team and reduces employee stress related to their pay and benefits.
- The onboarding and benefits enrollment features are amazing! They are so easy to navigate and we can customize them with the forms we need for our specific employee groups. We are able to get new employee onboarded very quickly. No more paper forms!
- Many items can be customized in payroll, including deduction codes, to what is needed without the need for a consultant to step in.
- Custom fields can be added to the HRIS platform so that all types of info can be stored and reported on. Things like T-shirt size, license plate number and food allergies are helpful things to keep record on and the employee can edit the info as needed.
- Workflows can be created in Namely so that Managers can request things like one-off bonuses for employees without using email. The request goes straight to the needed approver. This cuts down on back and forth and lost communication.
- I would love to see Namely roll out e-signature for things like tax forms that employees can use on a recurring basis. Currently it is available for onboarding, so I know it's coming!
- I would love to be able to tell the employees that they can view their payslips on the mobile app, this would be an awesome feature.
- Increase the workflow usability so that is has more functions.
- Namely can be customized very easily. We are able to track any data point that we would like and report on it.
- I love how as an admin, I'm able to log in as other employees and make sure they have access to the right data. I can also create reports for employees that they will always have access to and can run whenever they need to.
- Namely also looks pretty. The site looks clean. It's easy to navigate. Employees enjoy logging in and utilizing Namely.
- Currently, we are only able to enter three earnings codes in Namely payroll. We've discussed this with Namely and it is on their list of items to fix in the future.
- We would like to be able to change a few of the hard coded items on the main page of Namely. For example, we would want to change "Anniversaries" to "Fooliversaries."
- I'd love to see access to paystubs be part of the mobile app.
- Easy to use payroll process. You don't have to be a payroll expert to run a successful payroll.
- One of the best benefits administration systems I've come across. Provides transparency of cost for the employee and the employer.
- The news feed is great for sharing across the organization what is going on.
- They need to enhance their time off system. It is very simplistic in nature. If you don't have a tier based time off rewards system you should be fine, otherwise you will run into challenges.
- There is some dual keying between the HCM and Payroll products. There is a plan to integrate this, but for now it does open you up for errors.
- Their interface is top notch - no disjointed modules.
- They're constantly improving - we get a quarterly update on new features and they listen to feedback (and they're pretty good to start!)
- Customer service is top notch - if we run into an issue - my problem is always solved in a timely manner.
- The performance management module is great (and has lots of options for customization) - but the interface for setting it up could improve (still - very usable).
- Easy to request PTO
- Allows you to see your benefits and deductions in one place
- Platform attempts to be a Facebook for work but fails. No one uses Namely, only if they need to request PTO.
- It's not a must have, simply an HRIS system that does the basic things ADP does. But I was not really impressed, it seems like ADP, but they just changed the colors and added a homepage.
- Does not have anything special or like "Wow." Does not have any extra capabilities or features then any other HRIS platform.
- Performs as a true business partner, providing solutions rather than trying to upsell you
- Open API capability has allowed us to integrate our other system solutions
- User experience for both admin and employees is excellent
- Regarding their Time Off functionality, we would like to keep/see time requested from the previous year while still tracking current year. Totally minor and really doesn't affect anything; just a nice-to-have. Really, we have no complaints about Namely.
- Another nice-to-have is a printable function for org charts for the whole organization and by each department.
- There are training resources available which makes it very easy to train employees and new hires on everything they need to know in order to use the tool.
- The interface is very easy to use and smooth to work which makes it nice when needing to get something done quick.
- Customer service is top notch, always have a dedicated resource for our organization which makes it easy to get questions answered in a timely manner.
- E-signature feature on the onboarding side of things would make life a lot easier!
- Not really anything else to complain about, really love the software and what they are doing with it!
- Time off/Sick time recording.
- Payroll seems to be smooth and solid.
- Easy to use!
- The data dump we did from Zenefits/ADP to Namely was mediocre.
- Some of the data is hard to find, such as your tax information.
- So far Namely has been a great addition to our stack of software and we don't have many complaints.
- This is a great system. Straight forward and easy for the user to use. Also, as an administrator, its easy to implement onboarding session and send esignature documents before someone starts
- PTO portal. This is super convenient. User can easily submit PTO request that then goes to their manager for review. Very easy to implement.
- App. The Namely app is great. Whenever I'm on the go and need to get to something, I have it right at my finger tips. Very helpful as an HR professional or administrator.
- Payroll. Possibly one of the most difficult payroll system I have used. The functionality of it is not intuitive and is hard to navigate. The system times out of fails a lot so there is a lot of time spent dealing with support when your trying to get payroll done in a timely manner.
- Workflows. This is something we were excited about when we were sold the product, but in actuality, the feature does not function how its displayed. Its more of a burden to use workflows than just having an employee/manager email you with any requested changes.
- Company, team and individual goals with measurable details can be shared, tracked, measured and celebrated - with ease.
- Performance reviews, recognition, celebrating wins, remembering key employee events - Namely makes it so easy.
- The news feed, photo org charts, customizable fields for things like allergies, commuting preferences, food preferences, etc., makes it easy for us to personalize events, treats and gifts.
- CUSTOMER. SERVICE. Well-kept secret.
- CEO is deeply committed to the small to mid-sized company experience. And he's an innovator.
- Constantly improving and evolving the product features based on what we users suggest. Serious commitment to fixing what's wrong with tired providers like ADP.
- Weird as it seems, their invoices are confusing. Head scratcher.
- Wish we could get all of the product features we know are coming today.
- Customer Service
- Continuous improvement and development into the software
- Easy to use on both employer and employee side
- Customization - with profile fields, workflows, etc.
- Onboarding - kick of tasks lists to different employees when a new hire is added
- Integration with background check vendors
- Integration with applicant tracking system
- PTO Tracking - the app and website make it simple for employees to request PTO and for managers to approve and track their team's vacation time.
- Reporting - every field in Namely is reportable - which is great. We're able to track which techs have certification, for example.
- Newsfeed - when you're close to 400 people across ten locations - it's great to have a "virtual" headquarters for all your employees to share and view information.
- Onboarding - I wish that they would incorporate offer letters and that task lists were kicked off automatically after an employee was onboarded. I also wish background checks were fully integrated within Namely.
- Benefits view - currently employees can view their benefits in a separate section within Namely - but it would be nice if it was in their profile. I also wish the app would autopopulate their member ID numbers and group numbers so they would always have the information on the phone.
- The onboarding piece is probably the strongest. Our new hires are able to enter their HRIS framework profile data, as well as read and sign electronically for our handbook, COBRA statement, NDA, and security/privacy policies.
- Easy to look at...we've used some products in the past that didn't have a good user experience, which leads to non-usage for my technically proficient team.
- The shout-outs on the main page are great, as folks can clearly see anniversaries and birthdays and comment accordingly.
- The integration from Namely HR to Namely Payroll is lacking. There is no PTO nor salary update feeds between the products.
- The reviews aren't intuitive for usage for peers and managers. It would be easier if there were clear links for these employees to click as opposed to looking for the appropriate screen to provide feedback.
- The API isn't the easiest to use, and there are some components lacking that require development.
Namely Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Namely is an HR, Payroll, and Benefits platform. It is designed around end-user usability, and can be configured to fit the company culture. Namely allows users to manage all their HR data in one place, with personalized service to help quickly improve HR management. Namely is used by companies in media, technology, and commerce, as well as other industries.
Namely Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Namely Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|