Reviews (1-25 of 101)
- Manage employee information
- Timely reports available after payroll is processed
- User friendly platform for all employees
- Speed of tech support response
- Accuracy of reports
- Ability to update all custom report fields on the user's end
- Allows for customization across the board—for example, as an administrator with employees in multiple states, we can create PTO policies that match the labor laws for each employee depending on what state they live in.
- Namely’s customer service is phenomenal; they have a large, dedicated team of representatives that work tirelessly to help resolve issues.
- Cuts out the need to reach out to the HR team for things like name and address changes, and once an employee changes their address in Namely, HR is notified and can immediately pull that information.
- Does not have the level of KPI management that we would like.
- Have had issues with assigning tasks.
- Want more out of their news feed social media-esque feature.
- The social feed helps employees feel connected to what's happening in the company.
- Analytics tool is great for getting management buy-in and making decisions.
- Onboarding is extremely easy for both admins and new hires.
- Goal tracking tool is easy to use and helpful for employees to see their progress.
- Time off tracking tool needs to be more customizable to accommodate varying types of PTO policies. Employees need to be able to easily see what time off they have available.
- Performance reviews need to be more streamlined and user friendly for managers. They should be able to see employee responses while they complete reviews. A side-by-side view would be helpful or integrating the responses by question in one view would work as well. It's just very clunky right now for managers. Would also be great to have a place in Namely where managers can keep performance notes (outside of a scheduled review) on employees to reference during reviews and 1:1's.
- Increased foldering capabilities in the Resources section to have folders within folders for better organization of resources.
- Decrease lag time for benefits updates with providers.
- Updates made in HR profiles should flow over to Teams page, like title and reporting line changes.
- Ability to search the feed would be great.
- Analytics on site usage, i.e., pages visited, resources accessed. This data would help show management the usage and engagement of employees as well as ROI.
- More posting capabilities in the feed would be good. Allow posting of videos, audio files, gifs as well as increased text formatting capabilities.
- Payroll seems to work pretty flawlessly.
- The social networking function is solid and easy to use.
- The user experience, particularly for PTO and performance management could use a lot of improvement. It is just fundamentally awkward, easy to get lost, etc.
Other areas, like the social networking are very well done and intuitive.
- Easy interface for employees
- It looks nice from the employee perspective
- People like the birthdays and anniversaries
- Not being able to make a correction to deduction without voiding out a check and reissuing it. Crazy.
- Reporting in the system is painful.
- Time Keeping is limited and hard to make set up changes without Namely support
- Selling a sub-par product at a premium price (payroll is terrible, but the "extras" are well developed in some other areas such as onboarding and workflows).
- Aesthetics of web site.
- Onboarding employees.
- Customer Service- they have tried to improve this area, but it is still very deficient.
- Payroll functionality- ability to report General Ledger by departments/locations using job codes.
- Nickel and dime charges for things included with other payroll services.
- Payroll is done very well, especially by Christin Taylor. She is the best.
- Review tracking is easy and efficient.
- Calendar is great.
- Definitely in benefits. I decided not to use Namely benefits with how poor communication was.
- Namely Time is not user friendly, also don't like how it's separate from HRIS.
- Project Services is poor in communication. I have to ask for updates from them.
- One Stop Shop - Employees are able to access personal/professional info, benefit info, and payroll info all in one place.
- Ease of Use - Both administrators and employees are able to easily navigate the Namely system to complete tasks. A welcome change from other HRIS systems we have used as an organization in the past.
- Continuous Improvement - Namely is committed to continuous improving their product and regularly sources feedback directly from clients to inform these improvements.
- Reporting - Reporting capability has room for growth in terms of being able to build truly customized reports or point-in-time reporting, but they are making this a focus during 2021.
- Performance Management - The goals and performance management cycle is clunky.
- EDI Feeds - The file feeds for benefit connections needs work. The timeline to set up a new feed can sometimes take upwards of 6+ months.
- The interface looks attractive.
- The mobile app is very user-friendly.
- Payroll previews are available in real-time.
- Namely's customer service is the worst I've experienced. The representatives are not on the same page, and they frequently provide different answers, depending on who you speak with.
- You can not run a report with data for active or terminated employees as of a certain date. You have to manually adjust a lot of their reports to get what you need.
- The system can not accommodate our 401k matching scale, so everything is manual.
- HRIS feed (birthdays, anniversaries, personal info management)
- Some support reps are very kind and helpful
- Help community is pretty robust, as are articles
- Not very robust payroll system
- Three systems (HRIS, time, and payroll) don't always communicate well or work smoothly
- Many glitches in performance module of HRIS
- Sending out notifications to related parties for all the changes in Namely
- Timely--the notifications are sent out to the related parties quickly once HR completes the changes
- Avoids human errors when sending notifications via email notifications
- User friendly; less training needed
- Sometimes the system could be very slow
- Could add some reports, like monthly changes report to facility users
- Customer Support.
- With the new Namely service pod models, issues are handled quickly and a timely manner. Communications with our organization's service pod team is very easy.
- Ease of Use for End Users.
- From experience with other HRIS systems, many employees I worked with have a hard time navigating the system. With Namely's user-friendly interface, our employees adapted to the system quickly. Our employees usually don't have questions or concerns about the use of the system.
- Easy Payroll Processing.
- This was my first job where I am responsible for payroll processing. I received all the support I needed when setting up our payroll system two years ago. Currently, the payroll system is so easy to use that payroll processing is a breeze for us.
- Unique Sick Time Calculations.
- For our company, we calculate sick time by providing one hour of sick time for every 30 hours worked. Namely was not able to automate this sick time calculation, so every payroll processing, I have to manually calculate and update sick time in the system. We're lucky that we are a very small organization, but I can see this being very cumbersome for a bigger organization.
- Sick Time Tracking between Namely and Namely Time.
- When our employees request sick time, the request doesn't automatically connect with Namely Time. Every payroll processing I have to make sure that all sick time requests are manually transferred to Namely Time.
- Namely eSignature.
- We have problems with connecting our Adobe Sign account with Namely eSignature. Because Adobe Sign is not working, we are unable to update and add new documents for our employees to sign.
Namely is still very manual when it comes to updating benefits and communicating to vendors about changes or new enrollments.
We have a small operations team with only 1 super user that manages Namely day to day.
- Ease of use for team members.
- Payroll process is fairly simple.
- Vacation balances: Currently Namely does not breakdown employee salaries to an hourly rate that can be used to calculate the dollar value of vacation balances. I am unable to run a report in Namely that shows me, by person, how much vacation they have earned YTD, how much used YTD, and the current remaining balance in hours and dollars.
- More gender choices.
- More diversity tracking choices.
- Uploading forms can be difficult sometimes.
- Single Sign On. Users don't need to remember a new password. They use their google login.
- Simple tools for performance reviews.
- User Interface is top notch.
- Payroll and HRIS don't always talk to each other.
- Customer Support is a 1800 and ticketing system.
- Timesheets on mobile phones required an upgrade to plan.
- Pushing the Help Community to clients regularly.
- Better client servicing.
- Meeting the needs of the business by way of addressing concerns.
- We would like to see tickets answered within a 24 to 48 hour time frame.
- Service reps who have the answer and know how to address issues and concerns.
- payroll - super easy and so fast!
- on-boarding - paperless, files instantly, goes through benefits, cuts down on completion time on the first day
- time off tracking - easy time off requests, flexible, editable, easy to see what is remaining, used, requested, etc.
- Partners (CEO's) with guaranteed pay don't receive a pay stub and that is really a hassle.
- Implementation needed a better roadmap and timeline, but we made it through with little to no trouble.
- Signed documents are stored directly in the app.
- Employees love how easy it is to submit PTO.
- We have just finished setting up all our EDI benefits files and I love that it takes a lot of extra work off me.
- Processing payroll is a breeze.
- The biggest con I hear from employees is that their payroll check does not show pending the day before.
- When a Workflow has been declined by any chain, the target's manager (the person who created the workflow) is not notified. This is a big problem for us.
- Their ACA support is not the best. You call in and talk to someone about your issue and then they talk to Namely's ACA specialist and then they relay the answer to you. You do not get to talk directly to the ACA specialist so if you go back and forth with questions (like I did), it takes forever to get a problem solved.
ACA support people just lack the knowledge.
Star at Namely Benefits is also great to work with.
Namely Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is Namely?
Namely is an HR, Payroll, and Benefits platform. It is designed around end-user usability, and can be configured to fit the company culture. Namely allows users to manage all their HR data in one place, with personalized service to help quickly improve HR management. Namely is used by companies in media, technology, and commerce, as well as other industries.
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?No
|Namely||$12.00||Per Employee Per Month|
Namely Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Namely Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|