We used NativeScript as per customer requests to implement mobile and web-based cross-platform applications used in the customer service …
In an effort to move from having separate projects for Angular web development and Android Studio for Andriod app development, I have been …
We are testing NativeScript to see if it will be a good fit for the next version of our app. We have an e-learning education platform …
We are using NativeScript on a single mobile project at the moment. It is the framework which supports development of this entire project …
We are a consulting company and use NativeScript for apps internally and externally for customers. We chose to use NativeScript as a …
I currently use NativeScript for multiple applications that are in various stages of development. In my opinion, NativeScript is one of …
I work at a fitness based startup. Our app, "AnyGo" is built entirely using NativeScript. I was the one who proposed to the team, to use …
As a very small development shop, NativeScript allows us to create cross platform "native" mobile applications for Android and iOS while …
Our organization uses NativeScript to build different mobile applications for clients with different needs. NativeScript has been a great …
At nStudio, LLC. we use it as our suggested application framework to clients for developing iOS and Android applications that integrate …
NativeScript is the main tool to develop mobile apps for internal and external projects. The main feature is the capacity to develop one …
I use NativeScript as the primary platform for developing native mobile applications. We have a native mobile app called Daily Nanny …
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of NativeScript, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.nativescript.org/nativescri…
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
- Supported: Extensive code sharing between mobile platforms (including UI) and web apps (when used with Angular)
- Supported: Deliver high-quality mobile apps to multiple platforms faster, using web developers you already have
This spring and summer have been full of new NativeScript features, tooling options, and improvements. NativeScript is evolving into something more than just an open source framework. In this webinar, we'll talk about all the new goodies for you and show you how you can crush it in mobile app development
- Visual Studio Code
- Visual Studio 2015/2017 Coming Soon
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android|
Xamarin are common alternatives for NativeScript.
Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 1.
The most common users of NativeScript are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Computer Software industry.
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
- Although we succeeded in shipping the app, it did not save us any significant amount of time.
- We still needed an Android developer to fully implement the application and enhance the capabilities of the Angular app
- It has increased the productivity of the developer's team, which has direct impact on the tasks performed throughout sprints (in terms of Scrum)
- It decreased the time-to-market of applications by allowing the cross-platform development of the apps
- Taking into account that it is open-source platform, with great variety of functionalities it directly decreased the operational costs of projects in run
- The poor quality of NativeScript documentation has the potential to weigh heavily on development timelines, budgets, and QA resources in a NEGATIVE manner.
- The poor interoperability of NativeScript plugins can significantly increase development time.
- The need to seek out professional instruction to learn how to use NativeScript effectively may become a burden on your budget.
- The number of breaking changes between versions of NativeScript, may cause your development efforts to lag further behind the most recent releases of NativeScript and your other chosen environments than you are accustomed to.
- NativeScript still does not support the latest major version of Angular. Any significant changes to the other environment components of your systems may hold you back even further while NativeScript plays catch-up.
- (I haven't built an app in production yet.)
- We had built this particular app once already, during a 6 month time frame, using Ionic. When we hit the wall, we chose NativeScript, and built the whole app from scratch. We estimated another 6 months, but completed the work in 4 months due to the ease of use.
- We have found collaboration with our client much easier because of the simplicity of releases and speed of development.
- Having a tool like NativeScript has allowed us to make competitive quotes for mobile app development contracts, where previously that would have been closed to us due to our lack of native development experience. Being able to build iOS apps without a Swift-code expert has opened those doors for us.
- The ROI on using NativeScript for app development for us has been approximately a 75% decrease in the price of mobile app development for our customers. When creating native apps on both Android and iOS platforms, we used to need a significantly greater amount of time. Now, we can bring cross-platform mobile apps to our customers at a reduced cost.
- Development time is significantly smaller.
- Projects that I wanted to tackle are now extremely accessible
- With NativeScript we were able to goto market sooner than what we expected. We were in market in just 6 months.
- Customers are happy with our products, in just a month, we reached 200 active users for AnyGo user app, and 17 active partners for AnyGo Partner app.
- We were able to build all the features that the business requires, using NativeScript. We even built some new plugins for this app. Example nativescript-paytm for payment gateway integration.
- I was able to take an iOS and Android application from development to production in the app stores in just two weeks.
- One of the projects we had to build was a rewrite of an existing mobile application. We could acomplish the complete rewrite in about a month along with general improvements and a couple additions.
- More and more clients are specifically looking for NativeScript developers, and since we are focused on NativeScript we've had an influx of new clients asking for quotes.
- While NativeScript allows you to develop for both Android and iOS this is a huge time saver. Which has given us a great increase in time to production for clients.
- Being a framework written by people, there will be bugs and unforeseen issues that come up, and with the framework not being well known by the developers using it. It can be a challenge to find and help fix the bugs in a framework as large as NS. This is not just an issue with NS, it's an issue with any open source framework/library. The internals are massive on most frameworks and to truly understand it, you'd need weeks of time to dedicate to it.
- Positive: shorter delivery time because you don't have to go for the usual native workflow and you have a common base code for all mobile platforms
- Positive: you can start faster to dominate your hardware. From the very beginning, you will be sure about the performance you will get
- Negative: you can't have your prototype on a browser, you will require an emulator or a real device
- Negative: training was required at the beginning because web experience is not enough. Not that you need to become an expert but some native knowledge is required. Also, you need to work on a standard way to deal with database and backend communication
- Purely positive: I knew we need a mobile app, our customer base for my first app are parents and nannies, always on the go. A web app would not suffice. I was able to complete a cross platform app probably 1000% faster than learning both Xcode/swift and Java/android development tools.