Reviews (1-5 of 5)
February 13, 2020
It's used by technology mentors such as myself district-wide. It helps engage learners by providing brain breaks at different times. I utilize it to provide direct instruction to my students while at the same time obtaining invaluable data about what they're learning and how they're retaining it. I've been trying to get other teachers at my school to utilize it.
Nearpod is excellent for direct instruction. Its slides feature works just like a PowerPoint, however, it is displayed on all user's screens, so it can be utilized even in a large environment. In the classroom, it alleviates the problem of being able to see the board. The platform provides numerous engagement tools that can assess learning easily, quickly, and makes it fun for the users.
Read Carl Winter's full review
The support staff for Nearpod is top-notch. I have not had technical issues, but I did have a concern about my bill and they reached out to me nearly immediately to address the problem. I was very satisfied with how they handled the interaction from beginning to end. They did a great job.
October 23, 2019
Nearpod is a great solution for teachers to check for understanding in real time while working in a digital classroom.
- Provide timely and individualized feedback.
- Allow for the teacher to check for understanding, for the entire class, in one view.
- Present an array of different interactive lesson items, at the fingertips of every student.
- It would be nice if there was a grade book that interacted with our LMS.
Read Mike Rich's full review
Nearpod is perfect for the digital classroom that needs an answer to the question, "How do I know if my students understand what I am teaching?"
Nearpod is being used in our K-12 classrooms for instructional purposes. Teachers are using Nearpod to deliver content to students and teachers are continuing their own learning via professional development delivered using Nearpod. Nearpod helps provide a change of pace to the normal instructional day and delivers content with opportunities for active learning.
Read this authenticated review
Nearpod is well suited to classroom use. Adaptations can be made so the platform is usable in all grades K-12. Beta features, such as adding audio to slides, allow for usage with students too young to read or those that struggle with reading. Interactive components such as the quiz feature make in-class formative assessments quick, timely, and easy.
I use Nearpod with my first graders in math and reading.
- Nearpod is an example of blended learning.
- Nearpod motivates low achievers.
- Nearpod is very much hands on.
- I would love Nearpod to have more free activities.
- I would love Nearpod to be free for educators.
- I would love if teachers could assign homework on Nearpod.
Read Isha Gangopadhaya's full review
Nearpod makes learning fun. Students will love the interactive games and quizzes on it.
February 22, 2016
Nearpod is being used by some of the school of nursing faculty. It addresses the need of getting students to collaborate on projects outside of the classroom. It flips the coursework perfectly, in that a homework assignment can be accessed anywhere, anytime on multiple devices. Also, the integration with multimedia resources is great... from video, to audio, and even webpages.
Read Trent Slaton's full review
Nearpod Scorecard Summary
What is Nearpod?
Nearpod is an education-focused learning management software solution offered by Nearpod.
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?No
|Silver||Free||40 students/per session|
|Gold||$120||75 students/per session|
|School & District||Custom||150-250 students/per session|
Nearpod Technical Details