NeonCRM Reviews

January 07, 2021
Kelly Moss | TrustRadius Reviewer
NeonCRM is used by the CEO, COO, and marketing manager at Revitalize T-Town. We use NeonCRM as a donor database for our nonprofit organization and for a variety of tasks including, but not limited to, recording donor information, recording donations, managing fundraising campaigns, tracking and storing grant information, tracking and storing donor communications, managing our nonprofit website, and accepting online donations through our website.
  • Very user friendly
  • Great customer service--they always quickly reply to inquiries with great information for troubleshooting
  • It is a great catchall for donor/grant information
  • We would love if there was added functionality to check attendees in at events or run a silent auction
If you are looking for a CRM to track your donations and store all donor information, this is a great product. There are tabs under each entry (individual and corporate/foundation donors) to store notes, donation information, and more. Donations entered automatically integrate into the donation campaign section so you can easily track total donation amounts. It is very user friendly and does not require extreme tech knowledge to use effectively. I feel confident storing our information in this CRM. It is very useful to go back to look at past donor information when soliciting new grants and donations.
Read Kelly Moss's full review
March 04, 2020
Multiple departments in our nonprofit use NeonCRM primarily, we use this resource for tracking and taking in donations and for event registrations, as well as tracking memberships. We also pull reports using NeonCRM.
  • NeonCRM allows you to build events, take registrations, and customize those events. Customizations include different ticketing options, add-ons, promotions, etc.
  • NeonCRM does a good job helping you track donors' activities/engagements.
  • It also provides a variety of reporting mechanisms - from dashboard snapshots to graphical reports - that allow you to review programs at a glance or in-depth.
  • Right now, there doesn't seem to be a way to assign reports and events to a staff person. In other words, if you want to receive emailed notifications when donations, payments, or event registrations come through, you have to receive ALL of them, not just those for particular events, etc.
  • There is no intuitive way to take a deposit from a customer.
  • NeonCRM doesn't allow you to create and bill with an invoice.
NeonCRM is a useful non-profit tool, but it's not one that we use for all of our needs, even though it advertises itself as an all-in-one. For instance, we don't use NeonCRM for volunteer management because it doesn't offer enough of the robust features that allow for complex scheduling and tracking for a healthy volunteer program. It does seem to be an efficient tool for event registration and donor relations, especially because each of those categories often flow into one another.
Honestly, I've not used support for NeonCRM except to read through help topics. Those have been decently helpful. But I can't speak to what other forms of support NeonCRM may offer.
December 04, 2019
Lisa Steinberg | TrustRadius Reviewer
Neon is our database for donors and prospects. We are a small team of 5 and everyone uses it. All correspondence with board members, donors and prospects are captured and stored in their accounts. All tracking of pledges and payments are done via Neon.
  • Its very user-friendly and intuitive.
  • They are very open to user's suggestions.
  • Neon integrates with our iWave account and I especially love that.
  • Learning the ropes is largely accomplished by reading manuals and watching videos. I don't learn that way. I'd much prefer to be shown. I guess I'm old school.
  • They can be stingy with the customer support. We bought the big package and I still wind up going back to my salesperson to help me cut through any red tape to get what I need.
Overall, I really like Neon. I started from nothing and have now built a database of about 3000 qualified prospects and donors. With the iWave integration, I'm able to prioritize who to pursue for gifts. I also really like the ability to send mass emails from within the system.
As stated before, they push you to read the manual or watch the video when what I want is a human being to walk/talk me through it. Like I said, maybe I am old school but that's how I learn. It's been a challenge.
Read Lisa Steinberg's full review
July 20, 2018
Thomas Phillips | TrustRadius Reviewer
Neon CRM is primarily our fundraising database. It is a quick and user friendly way to keep track of, classify, analyze, and report on donors, donations, and fundraising campaigns. We also use Neon's online forms for processing donations and collecting other data for our services, e.g. travel information for our international rotation and foreign exchange programs.
  • Web-based and user friendly interface (unlike some other CRM applications)
  • Great customer service
  • Easy-to-use reports and dashboards
  • I believe that NeonCRM is not as "robust" as some other CRM applications. It has a reporting function but the ability to issue queries is not as flexible as, say, Raiser's Edge.
  • I would like to see keyboard shortcuts in Neon. If you are doing lots of data entry, keyboard shortcuts are a must.
  • I have occasionally experienced slowness - though this may be a browser issue!
  • Neon is not as customizable as I would like - for example, on the "Fundraising Dashboard" I wish I could customize what information the dashboard shows. It would save me a LOT of time.
If you are looking for a quick and easy database option, which integrates breezily with email clients like MailChimp and Constant Contact, and has built-in credit/debit card processing capabilities, NeonCRM is a very good option. An affordable alternative to Salesforce or Raiser's Edge, it does lack some of their "bells and whistles" but gets the job done. On the one hand, Neon features a shallow learning curve and solid user interface, and is web based and mobile friendly. On the other hand, Neon might not be totally appropriate for large or national level organizations because some of the reporting seems less "robust" than pricier alternatives...
Read Thomas Phillips's full review
August 23, 2018
Linda Sue Martin | TrustRadius Reviewer
NeonCRM is fully integrated in the company. It is the main database used for operations. Not just for tracking donor's gift. A good resource for all contacts being using in our company. Is the go-to source for tracking donations, donors, grants and fundraising efforts.
  • Contact information for our constituents.
  • Tracking our fundraising campaigns.
  • Generating reports of all kinds. Very easy to generate reports.
  • NeonCRM is very responsive and committed to updates to the system. This is not an area to improve upon but it is noteworthy that they are continuing to offer new features and fix that which is broken.
NeonCRM is well suited in providing resources to manage donors, their donations, and fundraising efforts. The reports are flexible and easy to generate. Several dashboards make it easy to see the information you need without having to drill down into a system structure. And the dashboard is highly customizable.
Read Linda Sue Martin's full review
July 17, 2018
Lora Zygman | TrustRadius Reviewer
My non-profit uses NeonCRM for contact information, for creating events and allowing people to register and pay, and for sending for letters.
  • It sends letters automatically per your criteria
  • It has a great number of fields for contact information
  • NeonCRM is very customizable
  • The user interface is not very intuitive.
  • There is a steep learning curve
  • I would recommend that training be offered and highly encouraged
It is well suited for creating events and creating a landing page where people can register and pay. It integrates beautifully with PayPal. As for day to day, unless you have a good deal of software experience, you are likely to find the interface challenging.
Read Lora Zygman's full review
October 20, 2017
SarahAnn S. Whitbeck | TrustRadius Reviewer
NeonCRM is our organization's core system for member management and collection of membership fees. It is extremely helpful, and integrates seamlessly with our website. We are very pleased to have made this decision.
  • Merging duplicate records
  • Processing credit cards
  • Creation and management of ongoing reports
  • Some features are pretty buried in menus - so it can be difficult to find them. It takes me multiple times of walking through the help videos to understand when I have questions.
I get the impression this is more likely to be used for donation-based organizations rather than membership, such as ours, but it seems to work fine anyway, so I am satisfied.
Read SarahAnn S. Whitbeck's full review
October 19, 2017
Kelli Wescott McCannell | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use NeonCRM across the whole organization. We use it for donor management, event management and registration, email communication, volunteer tracking, surveys/forms, grant management and reporting.
  • We appreciate having one software that serves multiple purposes and can get a full view of our constituents.
  • Donations are easy and trackable.
  • Reporting is easy and customizable.
  • I'm not unhappy with any features. Typically, when I notice some missing functionality, there's a way around it and NeonCRM is constantly updating their system and listening to users.
If you want to get a holistic view of constituents - roles, donations, events, email interaction - this is a great CRM for that. It's not perfect at everything, but very good at many things.
Read Kelli Wescott McCannell's full review
January 26, 2016
Kim Wells | TrustRadius Reviewer
NeonCRM is used by the foundation - the philanthropic arm of the organization. It is used to manage our constituents' records, gift processing, event registration and fundraising. It handles our online giving and campaign marketing and is an all-in-one fundraising management platform for us.
  • Easy to run, easy to use reports
  • Event registration and management
  • Overall extremely intuitive and user friendly
  • Peer to peer fundraising is a bit difficult for some users
  • Team registration capabilities would be very nice to have for events
  • A clearer step by step guide for building a campaign or event page would be helpful for those who do not do it often.

It is extremely helpful having online giving or event registration linked directly to the constituents records. This saves time by removing the manual entry piece.

For more complicated web pages we build them outside of NeonCRM on our main website, and link only the interactive pages/ forms in NeonCRM

Read Kim Wells's full review
October 23, 2017
We use NeonCRM to track donor engagement, grants, event attendance and relationships. We also use it to segment marketing lists and integrate with email marketing. All staff uses the platform in different capacities. Some users are tracking donors, some grants, and others marketing lists. We use reports to help understand who is most invested monetarily and who is most engaged with programming.
  • The setup and import process was very effective. The team looked at our account import data and recommended ways to format it and explain how it would best be translated into the NEON system.
  • The deduplicate tool is effective and easy to use. The step-by-step system allows a record with multiple addresses to be combined into one account, or added to a household or left as is.
  • It works! We've used other systems that are nightmarish. This system is easy to use and the detailed training videos get into more of the nitty-gritty in a clear and extremely helpful way.
  • Customising form fields was extremely important and easy to do. MailChimp integration using reports from this customization is clutch.
  • The Eventbrite integration is very helpful, but unfortunately doesn't integrate with events that were imported or created directly into NEON. This makes reporting on total registration and tracking relationships a challenge.
  • The design could use some improvement, but I'm more pleased that it works and has an intuitive processes.
Very well-suited for small to mid-sized nonprofits. It's so much better than other solutions we've tried that don't provide any individual support or recommendations getting started. NEON was easy to get going, and helped us start clean.

What is NeonCRM?

Thousands of nonprofits use Neon's nonprofit CRM to raise more, save time, and get things done. Many of the vendor's employees come from a nonprofit background, enabling the company to design Neon with the needs of nonprofits in mind.

The product is cloud-based, allowing companies to access the Neon database from anywhere, including on iPhone and Android apps.

NeonCRM Features

Has featureDocument Center
Has featureAPI & Custom Objects

NeonCRM Screenshots

NeonCRM Video

A Focus on What Really Matters: Learn how NeonCRM helped a Chicago nonprofit streamline operations and raise more for their cause.

NeonCRM Downloadables

• Entry-level set up fee?Optional
Essentials$50per month
Impact$110per month
Empower$200per month

All plans include unlimited system users, unlimited online forms, and unlimited ticket support. Essentials is a streamlined version of Neon designed for smaller nonprofits. Premium support options are included with Empower. All pricing is based on number of constituent records in each database. For more information, see our website.

NeonCRM Customer Size Distribution