LinkRunner AT Network AutoTester Reviews

1 Rating

April 04, 2017
We have used the LinkRunner AT 2000 and the Onetouch AT network assistants daily for about 6 years. These devices save me hours of troubleshooting, I can go anywhere, plug in and know anything I need to about the port and line I am in. In the hands of one of the technicians, they can go to a line that is having problems and let me know exactly which port in which switch is causing an issue. In the hands of our low voltage wiring guys, Fluke allows them to pre-certify the cables they terminate to ensure good runs. I can use these devices as a ready-made packet capturing devices (inline or mirror port). When deploying new switches or examining reports of latency I can put Fluke on each end of our network and push data between the two points, capturing important information on both sides. While everything Fuke does can be accomplished by other devices, and the information can be pulled from other places. Fluke allows me to dispatch anyone from our IT department to collect information that they would not otherwise know how to assemble.
  • Identify the exact switchport a given line is plugged in to.
  • View the length and viability of any category or fiber optic cable.
  • It acts as a premade packet capture device, simple enough to walk someone through deploying while I'm offsite.
  • In the event LLDP based identification of a port fails, it has the ability to blink a switchport allowing for manual identification.
  • Price. There is no other device on the market with the AT's feature set. Fluke knows it and charges accordingly.
  • The addition of bluetooth or a USB slot for a keyboard would be handy for certain functions.
  • The PC based remote connection process is old, and is one of the places where the OS shows it's age.
All network administrators would be able to find a use for this tool in their environment. It allows people from outside of the networking industry to capture data required for a quick diagnosis. Things that typically would require me to be onsite for diagnosis can now be handed to Tier 1 techs for data collection and reporting. Since moving toward cable certification, we've experienced an almost unbelievably low level of cable failure. When it does happen, though, there is no guessing. Our Fluke units tell us what the problem is and where.

LinkRunner AT Network AutoTester Scorecard Summary

What is LinkRunner AT Network AutoTester?

The LinkRunner AT Network AutoTester offers user-configured AutoTests for a wide range of tasks. This network tester’s cable test and switch identification facilitate problem isolation. The device is supported by netAlly after NETSCOUT divested its handheld troubleshooting devices in 2018. The LinkRunner device replaces the former and now obsolete OneTouch AT network troubleshooting technology acquired from Seattle-based Fluke Networks by NETSCOUT in 2015.

LinkRunner AT Network AutoTester Technical Details

What is LinkRunner AT Network AutoTester?

What are LinkRunner AT Network AutoTester's top competitors?

Wireshark and Wireshark are common alternatives for LinkRunner AT Network AutoTester.

Who uses LinkRunner AT Network AutoTester?

The most common users of LinkRunner AT Network AutoTester are Mid-size Companies from the Hospitality industry.