- First, our old network documentation tool was not anymore supported.
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of NetBrain, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
NetBrain is a network monitoring solution. NetBrain's automation technology aims to deliver accurate documentation, faster troubleshooting and improved security for the user's network.
The vendor touts the following five benefits of NetBrain:
- Dynamic Map is a user interface designed for automating any tasks. (According to the vendor, it is the first of its kind.)
- Intelligent network discovery is capable of learning a heterogeneous network – multi-vendor, virtual and SDN.
- Integrate with existing tools to pull any network information directly on the map.
- Triggered automation starts mapping and diagnoses before the engineer arrives on the scene.
- Executable Runbooks saves a team’s precious tribal knowledge for improved collaboration.
NetViz was a great tool at its time but it's not the best solution anymore and Microsoft Visio is good in a lot of things but more of a Swiss Army knife than a network documentation tool.
We had a look at NetTerrain which looked like a good documentation tool and would have given us the advantage of importing our old NetViz documentation.
The main disadvantage with all of these tools compared to NetBrain is that the documentation needs to be done manually.