Fonality Review

September 20, 2019
It is used across the whole organization. It is great for creating different schedules based on different regions of clients.

Disappointed User

July 11, 2017
Fonality is our sole provider of VOIP for our insurance agency. We use the system to support our sales effort and customers service. We …

Great!

March 17, 2017
I use Fonality to give customers automated information via telephone and to encourage them to make their purchase online through our …

Directory of employee names (77)

Message alerts (77)

Answering rules (88)

Call reports (77)

6.0

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of NetFortris (formerly Fonality), and make your voice heard!

Hybrid Software Subscription (Required with Hybrid Premise)

On Premise

Essentials Edition

Professional Edition

• $5 per userRequired
For the latest information on pricing, visithttp://www.fonality.com/pricing

Starting price (does not include set up fee)

• $30 per month

Cloud PBX

5.5

Call Management

VoIP system collaboration

3.6

Mobile apps

What is NetFortris (formerly Fonality)?

Rated PCMag's Editors' Choice for Business VoIP 2016, NetFortris (formerly Fonality) is a leading business phone system provider that bundles its unified communications software for a complete business communications solution. NetFortris says it is known for:

• Innovating with Heads Up Display (HUD) so users can see who's available, chat, audio and video conference, record calls on the fly, and more
  • Building in fundamental call center features like simple queues
  • Offering advanced features that make enterprise-level call center available at the fraction of the price
  • Including a web phone and mobile app at no additional cost
  • Lowering costs with unlimited calling plans between the U.S. and more than a half dozen other countries and territories
  • Providing 24/7 support - even on holidays
  • Transparency: if there is an issue, they'll tell users

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Features

Cloud PBX Features

• Supported: Hosted PBX
  • Supported: Multi-level Interactive Voice Response (IVR)
  • Supported: Call reports

• Supported: Mobile app for iOS
  • Supported: Mobile app for Android

• Supported: Heads Up Display (HUD) UC applications
  • Supported: 100+ Business Phone System Features
  • Supported: Softphone (Included)
  • Supported: Voicemail Transcription
  • Supported: Call Center Software (Built-in)
  • Supported: On Demand Recording / Record All
  • Supported: Paperless Fax / FaxLync
  • Supported: 24/7 Support

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Screenshots

Fonality's Heads Up Display (HUD) Web dashboard is home base for connecting with colleagues and customers.Chatting is easy in HUD as they are easily launched by hovering over a fellow user's avatar. Chats are also available within Groups and Conferences.Managers with Fonality's Advance Call Center license can Barge, Monitor, or Whisper with one click. Useful for training, customer insights, and quality assurance. Real-time call queue information is shown in the Dock area to the right.Every Fonality system comes with voicemail boxes for all users, but with optional Voicemail Transcription you'll never have to listen to a voicemail again. Transcribed voicemails are delivered in HUD and via email.

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Video

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) Technical Details

Deployment TypesOn-premise, SaaS
Operating SystemsWindows, Mac
Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android
Supported CountriesGlobal (99 countries and territories)
Supported LanguagesEnglish

What is NetFortris (formerly Fonality)?

NetFortris provides business phone systems using Polycom and Yealink IP phones. They offer three subscription-based pricing plans, all including unlimited VoIP and desktop phone options. Advanced plans include other features such as video collaboration, softphone, and on-demand recording.

How much does NetFortris (formerly Fonality) cost?

NetFortris (formerly Fonality) starts at $30.

What is NetFortris (formerly Fonality)'s best feature?

Reviewers rate Call park highest, with a score of 8.7.

Who uses NetFortris (formerly Fonality)?

The most common users of NetFortris (formerly Fonality) are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Insurance industry.

As stated, I inherited the Fonality on-premise server(s) I support. The organization's principals have requested staying with this system due to its low cost of ownership. Comparing to other on-premise systems, such as a generic Asterisk system, it offers some support (although I would probably choose community-based Asterisk support over the paid NetFortris support). Not listed, I do also have experience with GrandStream UCM IP PBX, which would be my go-to for an out of the box on-premise IP PBX, due to its low cost and simplicity. Overall though, I prefer cloud-hosted voice such as Vonage Business Cloud or RingCentral over any on-premise solution due to their simplicity, support, and low costs.
Claudio Hoffer | TrustRadius Reviewer
I'm a hardware guy, always had panasonic and siemens PBXs. You can't compare them to Fonality. It is so complex to program them and with less functionalities, it is a waste of money and time in my humble opinion. I've also installed my own Asterix servers and used to admin Avaya Enterprise level PBXs and I have a special part in my heart for them but when we started to search for a solution for our new building, Fonality rose among the other services like Vonage. Fonality is the perfect solution for any business that uses Telefone as a marketing and sales platform.
Bob Lawless | TrustRadius Reviewer
Fonality had the features and functions we were looking for in a competitively priced bundle. We weren't looking for phone hardware and wanted a simple to use the soft phone function, and we appreciate the collaboration and call monitoring tools that were included in the package.
Ed Dennen | TrustRadius Reviewer
At the time, we were interested in a site-based solution and Fonality's hosted service was not available yet. Fonality was much more cost-effective than the other solutions we reviewed, while still providing the features we were interested in.
Joseph Greaney | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Intermedia
Intermedia was our old system set up by my predecessor. This system was crashing often during our high season which is what pushed us to look into a new phone system. For Intermedia, call quality was poor and the phone system was set up just like your old grandma's phone system. Regardless of time of day or year, calls ring 8 times then go to VM. Now we have a business schedule with Fonality that reads the appropriate message for better customer service. The other issue is we would be speaking with customers on the phone and when an inbound call comes in, we would have to put our call on hold to simply put another customer on hold. This interruption is unacceptable. Not only is Fonality $10 cheaper, but it provides much better reliability (selling point to the owners) but also provides great features for agents and their managers to improve productivity. This transition has been a major upgrade for our company's call center.
Brian Bliss | TrustRadius Reviewer
Cost savings was the initial and primary driver, although I have found that the quality of the equipment provided with initial service was superior. The functionality and ability to customize have been better compared to my experience with Vonage. The HUD portal is not something I have used yet to a great extent, but I like the dashboard layout much better than what I had with my Vonage Business service.
Cora Underhill | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Altigen
Cloud PBX migrates the worries of catastrophic events (floods, power outages, building fire, etc) away from the business to a secondary platform with greater tools to combat service uptime (backup generators, for example). It also means that potential upgrades to the platform won't require the purchase of an entirely new PBX machine, and our legacy software/hardware solutions are no longer required.
February 17, 2017

Click to Dial Enthusiast

• None
I have not used any other VoIP system that I have been paying for. I hope that Fonality proves itself enough to where I will not have to switch. So far, for the price and the functionality, this is my recommendation for small businesses. I might recommend going with a more high end phone to increase functionality, but other than that, the system is one I would definitely recommend.
Traci Ludke | TrustRadius Reviewer
We selected Fonality for ease of use and the HUD portal. One of the partners in the business has used Fonality in the past and had great confidence in it's success for this new endeavor. It has proven to be successful thus far and I hope to be able to update this review in a year's time with continued excellent service!
  • Verizon
I think we've pretty well covered all the reasons I prefer Fonality over Verizon VCE in the other sections, and what Fonality does better. I will add that what led me to Fonality was a lot of searching out top-rated VoIP companies, and running down what features they offered at what prices. Fonality got me interested enough to call, and honestly, once the salesman showed me what they offered, their reliability ratings, and the price, I decided to stop shopping.