Reviews (1-8 of 8)
February 14, 2020
All of our employees use Nexonia Expenses to manage both company credit card expenses as well as reimbursable expenses. Also, we utilize another add on feature for Invoice and Purchasing. Due to the high volume of corporate credit cards issued to individual employees, coupled with the number of transactions, overall spreadsheets were no longer cutting it. Nexonia Expenses has an incredible integration with the credit card provider (we use American Express), in which all cardholder transactions feed directly into Nexonia Expenses, after which the user itemizes the transactions inside a report. There they also store and connect receipts then submit their report, which can go through a simplified or very complex approval workflow depending on your needs.
- Integration with Multiple Credit Card Vendors allowing seamless expensing of transactions for individual cardholders under one business account.
- Ability to build very complex approval hierarchies by both locations, department, dollar amount, etc.
- Invoices and Payables modules would need improvement if you were trying to utilize an all in one option for your organization.
- The OCR for receipts within expense management is very inconsistent and does not have great functionality.
Read Kendra Zondervan's full review
- If you are looking only to utilize the Expense Management module Nexonia Expenses is an excellent solution for both large and small companies. I would highly recommend it. The cost of the software is also very reasonable. It pays for itself if you're using spreadsheets or a select few individuals that have to itemize many credit card or reimbursement expenses for multiple users.
- The only con is if you are looking for an all in one platform that your users can engage with to manage both credit card expenses, reimbursements, invoices, and purchasing approvals and submissions their Payables (Invoicing) and Purchase order modules are not their bread and butter and need significant improvement.
November 21, 2019
Score 10 out of 10
Nexonia Expenses is being used across the whole organization to help our finance team to get a hold of all expense reports. It has been an easy to use platform that has allowed everyone in the company to be able to upload and register what expenses need to be accounted for, for our finance team.
Read Johann Davila's full review
Nexonia is so easy to use and quick to upload that filling out monthly expense reports for the finance department has been a breeze. It's a one-stop-shop for every in the organization to be able to manage their expense reports to easily get these taken care of for the end of the month.
October 10, 2019
Nexonia expenses is being across the entire organization in order to submit every professional expenses. It is very good to provide a good visibility on who is doing what and to streamline the approval process. When you update an expense, your direct manager receive a notification and vice versa, the employee receive a notification when the status has changed.
Read Renaud Renvoye's full review
I think at a small scale, Nexonia Expenses is very well suited and is able to fit the needs of a company who has a mid-market size and not overwhelming sales team. It seems like, it is less appropriate for global organizations, that's why I was mentioning the scalability of the product.
November 29, 2018
Score 5 out of 10
Currently we are only using it for our India subsidiary. We piloted it with just our non-US employees because it was a smaller population to explore options outside of Concur Expense. In the end we determined that Nexonia could not support some of our more complex needs that Concur can and we are now transition all employees back over to Concur.
- The integration with NetSuite is well executed.
- The system is intuitive for both users and approvers.
- Ability to feed credit card data into the system is super helpful.
- Limitations on the NetSuite integration, a negative expense report cannot sync because the system can only import as a bill and not a bill credit. We have this come up if any employee has a credit card refund for the month and no other charges to offset it. We are forced to manually enter.
- There is no easy way to mass update Expense Type data. For example we wanted to update the receipt requirement for all expense types for our India subsidiary and each expense type had to be updated one by one.
- When integrating with Nexonia it links to 'Expense Categories' and not directly to the Chart of Accounts. This creates a lot of manual work in NetSuite when wanting to add new expense types.
Read Alicia Azulay's full review
I think it is well suited for smaller sized businesses on a mid level ERP.
April 11, 2018
We use Nexonia in the North American office to track expenses and process reimbursements and it's been working well for the past few years. It is very easy to submit expense reports and get approvals both from a computer or on the go. The software doesn't require any learning and is super easy to use.
- Expense tracking
- Expense reporting
- Expense approval
- Mobile app is a bit outdated but fully functional
- The UI could use some facelift but it's still very good
- Linking-unlinking photos and expense items is a bit confusing but manageable after some practicing
Read this authenticated review
Nexonia is a perfect tool to track business trip expenses and submit them to your company. Very easy to use whether it's web UI or the mobile app. The reporting system is simple and information and the approval process is beyond easy. It's the tool that does the job and it's really hard to suggest anything else. Accountants / financial managers could wish more (potentially) but for end users it is perfect.
February 17, 2017
Nexonia Expenses is used for employee expense reimbursement. We have recently rolled out the features for purchase orders (POs). While there are a few hiccups in implementation and synchronization with Intacct's accounting platform, it has been easy to adjust. The whole organization uses the employee expense reimbursement side while the development and construction teams of our solar development company use it for POs.
- Nexonia Expenses is easy to set up and have it sync with our accounting software
- Nexonia is easy to use
- It is difficult to say where Nexonia Expenses has room for improvement since I personally have less hands on experience with it beyond implementation and expense reimbursement.
Read Christopher Boutros's full review
Nexonia Expenses is well suited for any type of business that has a large enough need for an expense reimbursement software. It could improve by adding an FAQ section and offering more online support for a less experienced implementer.
October 25, 2017
Score 6 out of 10
We are using Nexonia with 50 users across all lines of our business. It helps streamline our credit card reconciliations each month, along with reducing paper.
Read this authenticated review
It is well suited for someone who needs to automate the credit card process. It is pretty easy to set up and train users on how to use it.
March 27, 2017
Score 10 out of 10
Used by all employees including two subsidiaries (200+ employees) to submit expense reports and approve vendor bills.
Read this authenticated review
Nexonia Expenses Scorecard Summary
About Nexonia Expenses
Nexonia Expenses is a tool designed to streamline employee expense reporting. It is designed to increase visibility into spendings and make the expense tracking, approval, and reporting process paperless. Nexonia was part of a merger with Certify in 2017 and is now part of the larger company formed from it.
Categories: Expense Management
Nexonia Expenses Integrations
Nexonia Expenses Competitors
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?No
Nexonia Expenses Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Nexonia Expenses Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry|
|Supported Countries:||United States, Canada|
|Supported Languages:||English, French, Spanish|