- Nexternal's customer service is the best in the business. Each account comes with a dedicated account rep who answers the phone when you call, and personally replies to your emails within a very reasonable time - sometimes within minutes!
- Nexternal is consistently improving their platform with added tools and 3rd party integrations for everything from social sharing and email campaign management to search optimization tools and automatic product feed integrations such as Amazon.
- Nexternal offers site security and PCI compliance out of the box. There is no need for an additional SSL, nor do you need to worry about the security of your clients' personal information.
- Nexternal is scalable and grows with your business. We have more than a handful of clients who have been with Nexternal for more than 10 years. In web-speak, that's like 50 years!
- The Nexternal shopping cart template can be customized to create a consistently branded experience from your home page throughout the entire shopping process.
- Nexternal offers a host of API and XML toolsets that allow clients to sync data between their ecommerce platform and most any other third party platform, thereby coordinating the operations of your business and cutting down on management time.
- Nexternal is hosted solution which means much of the source code is protected and inaccessible. For clients looking to fully customize the user experience, there are some limitations, with any hosted solution, that must be considered.
- Nexternal doesn't have a built in wish list feature. They did partner with a 3rd party vendor, and now offer the base functionality; however, for clients whose needs center on the capabilities of a wish list, this feature must be closely considered.
- Nexternal's monthly fees are structured in such a way that they scale based on sales. This can be an affordable set up for a majority, but a deterrent for others. That said, the phrase 'you get what you pay for' rings true for ecommerce platforms as well. As I've mentioned perhaps too many times already, the level of reliable support combined with the user-friendly, secure platform are worth it.
In most every scenario, if Nexternal doesn't offer the capability, they can determine an effective work-around.
- I have complete control over the store, right down to the most minute detail. I can control shipping methods, discounts, coupons, customer security, compliance, and the list goes on. If you can think of it, Nexternal has already come up with a solution.
- It's a very secure platform for our customers. In this day and age, uploading personal information on the web can be a bit nerve wracking, but our customers are protected by Nexternal's system. It allows our customer to update their personal account without having to share sensitive information over the phone or email.
- It syncs perfectly with our marketing, social media, and sales tools. We use Mail Chimp, VinoVisit, VinNow, UPS, FedEx, Amazon, and ShipCompliant. Nexternal communicates perfectly with all of them, making my life so much easier. Information has to be input once and it syncs everywhere. This saves me time and reduces error.
- Honestly, I can't think of one! The only thing Nexternal doesn't sync up with that we use is GSO, but that is a small west coast shipping service, so I wouldn't expect them to integrate with them.
- The reporting is very clear and organized. You are able to report by outlet such as OMS, POS and online orders.
- Nexternal needs a POS system that enables you to swipe credit cards. We switched to a different system because this was a limitation of Nexternal. At the point of purchase we used to have to write everything down and enter in later.
- The shipping functionality is extremely basic. The shipping address check for each state never worked properly. Also, with our new system, the woman who does the compliance can pull all reports per state out of it. Nexternal does not have that capability.
Nexternal Scorecard Summary
Nexternal Solutions provides cloud-based web-based ecommerce software to businesses interested in maximizing their success. This search engine friendly shopping cart software can be used to sell directly to consumers or to other businesses and can differentiate between customer types. Nexternal's ecommerce solution maximizes profit by focusing on increasing revenue and decreasing costs.
Founded in 1999, Nexternal's unique ecommerce system is used by hundreds of clients in many diverse industries. Nexternal is headquartered in Carlsbad California and has satellite offices in both New Canaan Connecticut and Lynnwood Washington. Nexternal provides strong customer service.
Nexternal Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone|