Reviews (1-5 of 5)
- The generation of medical documentation.
- The way the system generates patient treatment and health solution plans.
- Printing of current medication and instructions on how to use it.
- I would love to see a feature improvement on messaging between users within the same practice.
- Improvement on medication distribution to pharmacies. A lot of the time we have issues such as the Rx was never sent but it clearly is marked as sent in the system.
- An improvement on the physical appearance would be great.
Read Homero Flores's full review
Every day we log into our NextGen system because it is part of the clinic. We are able to check in a patient from the very start of their visit. We then follow up with a written history of present illness that can be seen by the provider. The provider then documents their interaction with the patient and comes up with a plan of action. All of this is done and saved for future reference.
February 01, 2019
Score 6 out of 10
- Scheduling within the practice
- Patient billing and the ability to search billing records under each chart
- Ability to access information remotely through logging in with username and password
- EHR and Practice Management are two completely different interfaces within the same program and are not easily navigated.
- Only super users can perform all tasks, making it so all staff needs to become a super user.
- Credit Card processing is difficult to set up and change-- we moved offices but need to process CC payments through our old office.
- When patients prefill their registration information online, we are unable to confirm their insurance information due to small glitches with the program.
- There are multiple ways to view the daily schedule, and none of them are easy to use.
Read this authenticated review
NextGen Healthcare Clinical Care Solutions works to get your practice or hospital EMR compliant. It is very difficult to get anything done quickly-- there are so many clicks required to perform simple tasks and when you are patient-facing it makes you look a little silly. It is difficult to input information quickly into the system and patient information does not always upload from their portal. Patients do like that they are able to look up their own records and send messages through this system. It is well suited for a practice that only wants one program to do it all-- billing, scheduling, and the actual practicing. It is, however, very difficult to learn as you need to learn how to trick the system in many cases.
- Ease of use and tailored toward mid-sized clinics, compared to the big hospital accommodating EMRs, such as Cerner, Epic and Meditech.
- Customer support & technical support is very customer friendly and agile.
- You can't beat the value of NextGen, from cost to implement and cost to manage
- I think there's still room for fuller integration of the multiple suites that they offer.
- Optimizing certain templates to provide a more automated feel
Read this authenticated review
We have been fairly successful with NextGen up to this point.
July 06, 2018
- The database is very clean and easy to get data out of. The reporting features in NextGen are rich.
- It's billing for RHCs is by far the best I've seen.
- It's open to as much customization as you are willing to support internally.
- Support has some areas for improvement--the answers you get are usually very generic and require escalation.
- Historically they've lacked focus on their core product and tried to expand too quickly into other areas with little support (Population Health for example)
Read Ryan Geiler's full review
NextGen is terrific for Family Practice and an internal IT staff to manage. If you outsource your IT staff, you should probably look at a hosted solution from another company.
February 15, 2018
- Intuitive user interface and ability to access from anywhere.
- Accessibility on latest Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Android, iOS on a variety of devices desktops and mobile.
- User-friendly graphical user interface and ease of user enrollment.
- Inconsistent user experience depending on operating system and device (example: user interface varies from web-browser on desktop to Android app, to iOS).
- Vendor support of latest mobile operating systems lags behind newest update which may present some security risk.
- Modules loading performance can be improved as each department module can take several seconds to load upon first use of the application.
- ICD code updates lag other EHR vendors in availability.
Read this authenticated review
If you have a decentralized clinical or hospital operation with no local IT resources to support in each location, and space is a concern to deploy full desktop computers, MediTouch EHR is ideal to implement. The ease of use of the user interface also requires very little user training. If departmental workflow customization is required beyond MediTouch EHR provided templates, it does require additional time to work with forms and work with the vendor to allow further customization. We also find it challenging when Apple and Google release latest operating system versions of iOS and Android where MediTouch EHR does not yet support, but users may be tempted to updated to the latest OS only to no longer be able to use MediTouch EHR on the device.
NextGen Healthcare EHR Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About NextGen Healthcare EHR
NextGen® EHR solutions meet the needs of ambulatory practices of all sizes by helping users coordinate patient care, while complying with healthcare reform demands such as the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS), population health, and other value-based care requirements.
NextGen® Enterprise EHR built for large practices delivers a fully integrated, scalable system that helps clients achieve interoperability, patient engagement, regulatory compliance, and value-based care delivery.
NextGen® Office EHR (formerly MediTouch), a cloud-based solution, fully integrates with your product suite to enable point-of-care charting with talk, touch, and type capabilities. It delivers easy lab result management, patient workflow monitoring, and e-Prescribing.
NextGen Healthcare EHR Screenshots
NextGen Healthcare EHR Competitors
NextGen Healthcare EHR Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
NextGen Healthcare EHR Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac, HP-UX, AIX, Solaris, Unix|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Countries:||United States|