HIPAA compliance (10)
Claims management (5)
Real-time eligibility verification (5)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of NextGen Healthcare EHR, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
NextGen® EHR solutions meet the needs of ambulatory practices of all sizes by helping users coordinate patient care, while complying with healthcare reform demands such as the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS), population health, and other value-based care requirements.
NextGen® Enterprise EHR built for large practices delivers a fully integrated, scalable system that helps clients achieve interoperability, patient engagement, regulatory compliance, and value-based care delivery.
NextGen® Office EHR (formerly MediTouch), a cloud-based solution, fully integrates with your product suite to enable point-of-care charting with talk, touch, and type capabilities. It delivers easy lab result management, patient workflow monitoring, and e-Prescribing.
- Supported: Real-time eligibility verification
- Supported: Coding
- Supported: Claims management
- Supported: Claim scrubbing
- Supported: Electronic Claim Submission
- Supported: Automated Claim Tracking
- Supported: Patient billing
- Supported: Payment Processing
- Supported: Create Patient Statements
- Supported: Mail or Email Patient Statements
- Supported: Electronic Remittance Advice
- Supported: Financial Reporting
- Supported: Revenue Cycle Management
- Supported: Integration with EMR/EHR
- Supported: Physician Scheduling
- Supported: Automated appointment reminders
- Supported: ZocDoc Integration
- Supported: Calendar interface
- Supported: Automated Supply Tracking
- Supported: Charting / document management
- Supported: Templates
- Supported: E-prescribing
- Supported: E&M Coding Advice
- Supported: Device Integration
- Supported: Patient portal
- Supported: Mobile/tablet support
- Supported: Speech recognition
- Supported: Integration with other EMR and PM systems
- Supported: Meaningful Use Certified
- Supported: ONC-ATCB Certified
- Supported: Customization
- Supported: Handwriting Recognition
- Supported: Billing System Integration
- Supported: Drawing Tools (Diagnostic Images)
- Supported: HIPAA compliance
- Supported: Multi-office / multi-physician capabilities
Visit http://ng.nextgen.com/brand-anthem-video to watch NextGen Healthcare EHR video.
|Deployment Types||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Mac, HP-UX, AIX, Solaris, Unix|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Countries||United States|
- Scheduling within the practice
- Patient billing and the ability to search billing records under each chart
- Ability to access information remotely through logging in with username and password
- EHR and Practice Management are two completely different interfaces within the same program and are not easily navigated.
- Only super users can perform all tasks, making it so all staff needs to become a super user.
- Credit Card processing is difficult to set up and change-- we moved offices but need to process CC payments through our old office.
- When patients prefill their registration information online, we are unable to confirm their insurance information due to small glitches with the program.
- There are multiple ways to view the daily schedule, and none of them are easy to use.
- Ease of use and tailored toward mid-sized clinics, compared to the big hospital accommodating EMRs, such as Cerner, Epic and Meditech.
- Customer support & technical support is very customer friendly and agile.
- You can't beat the value of NextGen, from cost to implement and cost to manage
- I think there's still room for fuller integration of the multiple suites that they offer.
- Optimizing certain templates to provide a more automated feel
- The generation of medical documentation.
- The way the system generates patient treatment and health solution plans.
- Printing of current medication and instructions on how to use it.
- I would love to see a feature improvement on messaging between users within the same practice.
- Improvement on medication distribution to pharmacies. A lot of the time we have issues such as the Rx was never sent but it clearly is marked as sent in the system.
- An improvement on the physical appearance would be great.
- The database is very clean and easy to get data out of. The reporting features in NextGen are rich.
- It's billing for RHCs is by far the best I've seen.
- It's open to as much customization as you are willing to support internally.
- Support has some areas for improvement--the answers you get are usually very generic and require escalation.
- Historically they've lacked focus on their core product and tried to expand too quickly into other areas with little support (Population Health for example)
- Intuitive user interface and ability to access from anywhere.
- Accessibility on latest Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Android, iOS on a variety of devices desktops and mobile.
- User-friendly graphical user interface and ease of user enrollment.
- Inconsistent user experience depending on operating system and device (example: user interface varies from web-browser on desktop to Android app, to iOS).
- Vendor support of latest mobile operating systems lags behind newest update which may present some security risk.
- Modules loading performance can be improved as each department module can take several seconds to load upon first use of the application.
- ICD code updates lag other EHR vendors in availability.