Reviews (1-2 of 2)
April 06, 2019
Score 5 out of 10
We use Nextgen Practice Management Solutions as a "legacy" patient billing software (PM software). We currently use three different practice management software platforms—all of which are used for different ranges of "dates of service". The last patient we saw in Nextgen was in 2016. However, we still use the software often. Nextgen is used to schedule patients, bill services, manage A/R (sub-ledger), house scanned documents, etc.
- Scheduling patients always felt very intuitive. We do not use the feature often, but we have the capability of copying and pasting appointments throughout the template.
- When transitioning between the PM and EHR module, the software is great about keeping the same patient active in either window.
- If a practice desires a product which is housed on-premise (on a company-owned server), Nextgen will satisfy that need/desire.
- The software requires annoying/disruptive updates.
- The software is housed on our own server. We have found that cloud-based solutions are much more convenient.
- At times, the system is a bit "slow."
- The canned reporting/BI tool is not as malleable as many of the other solutions we have used and/or trialed.
- We were able to achieve cost-savings through some other systems.
Read this authenticated review
To start, Nextgen PM is NOT well-suited for companies who are looking for a could-based product—you will be required to house this software on your own server (this will force that company to maintain their own infrastructure). The solution is great for a company looking for a PM/EHR combo that communicates well with each other. The two modules are owned by the same company and does not require a costly API/bridge to be built between the two programs.
July 22, 2018
Score 3 out of 10
- Ability to save favorite phrases and templates to make charting more efficient for providers.
- Ability to interface with Question Diagnostics for certain laboratory tests.
- Ability to send and receive tasks to other user(s) on the system as well as send future tasks and reminders to yourself.
- Too much clicking that is involved and too many separate templates to items that could be consolidated to one screen.
- Radiology orders and many labs are missing and don't always interface with outside radiology facilities, hospitals and labs.
- The standing orders module should be changed so that it can be ordered by a provider and then completed or noted as complete or administered by a nurse or medical assistant. Currently the person who puts in the "standing order" must be the one to enter the results, which is redundant and a waste of a provider's time.
Read this authenticated review
It's better than paper charting but it is still tedious and not efficient.
NextGen® Practice Management Solutions Scorecard Summary
About NextGen® Practice Management Solutions
NextGen® Practice Management Solutions Competitors
NextGen® Practice Management Solutions Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Countries:||United States|