Best video hosting

December 28, 2015
I have been using Niche for my educational videos and tutorials. I have been looking for a secure, stable and fast video hosting for like …

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Niche Private Media Channel (discontinued), and make your voice heard!

What is Niche Private Media Channel (discontinued)?

Niche Video Media in Atlanta, Georgia offers an enterprise video hosting platform called Private Media Channel. It has been discontinued.

1 person want pricing too

What is Vimeo?

Vimeo PRO is an enterprise video platform built to host and provide full high-definition videos with presentation customization and detailed reporting for users.

What is Vidyard?

Vidyard is an enterprise video platform built to turn viewers into customers with in-depth insights and robust integrations with different customer relationship management (CRM) and marketing automation platforms.

Niche Private Media Channel (discontinued) Video

What is Private Media Channel?

Niche Private Media Channel (discontinued) Technical Details

What is Niche Private Media Channel (discontinued)?

What is Niche Private Media Channel (discontinued)'s best feature?

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 8.8.

Who uses Niche Private Media Channel (discontinued)?

The most common users of Niche Private Media Channel (discontinued) are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Health, Wellness and Fitness industry.

Tyler Theslof | TrustRadius Reviewer
It combines the best of all three and allows for private labeling. Niche vid also does a really great job in allowing our customer to monetize their video content by video, by month or by annual subscription. The other competitors really don't hold a candle to Niche in its comprehensive approach to media.
The access controls of who can view, when one can view, how many times one can view, and from where they can view and also the security, and protecting from download [are better]. The review and approval workflow, editing the videos, blue-pen are all not available in Vimeo Pro.
January 11, 2016

Niche Video Review

Lisa VanOstrand | TrustRadius Reviewer
I looked at Wistia. I did not like that there was no way to call them. They answered all my questions via email and several times didn't even answer the question that I asked in the email. I had to write 3 times to try and get an answer 1 question. There was not a payment interface that worked with their hosting. I would have had to go to another company.

Ruduzku: they appeared to have too much of their own branding on the course pages.

Other companies: took a percentage of video sales and appeared to do marketing or sent my customers to other competitors. I did not need anyone to do my marketing.

I read a ton of reviews for other companies. I picked Niche Video based on a single comment from a user who said they used it at their community college. That seemed to be a model that would work well for what I wanted to do. Then I approached them and had a demo and again I saw they actually answered their phones.
Adriana West | TrustRadius Reviewer

Wistia and Vimeo simply provide hosting services, not a "channel" where my users can privately consume my content and interact with it as an extension of my website. In essense, I would have to extend my website to provide this functionality and simply place my videos hosted with them on the new pages I needed to build. This came with a full-fledged end user site I simply attached to my website.

Brightcove simply wanted WAY too much money for the same functionality/capability.

Sabrina Abdul Ghani | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Vimeo
Private Media Channel has better security measures and customization where as Vimeo only has a password functionality. However, Vimeo is well branded, modern, relatable and most importantly, easy to use.
December 21, 2015

Love PMC/Niche Video

Charles H. Green | TrustRadius Reviewer
Lectora, Vidcaster, PlaybackNow, Digital Chalk, & Customer Hub.
Most of these sites are oriented around education or video, but were limited in the flexibility they offered, tools available, and (though not decisive, due to previous mentioned weaknesses) not price competitive.
Marianella Moreno | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • live stream and ustream
These providers asked for very expensive enterprise plans to provide the privacy level that we needed. Also, the single sign on capabilities that we have yet to implement were a factor in the decision making process.