NinjaRMM is a security-oriented remote monitoring and management platform. It allows for manual customization as well as scripting and automation.NinjaRMM - A good foundation to grow fromNinjaRMM is used within our technical services department. It is our RMM (Remote Monitoring and Management) tool for all our managed service provider customers. It takes care of alerting on down devices and also gives us the ability to patch all our monitored systems. We also use it to provide scripting functionality and in some cases application pushing.,Ninja does a nice job on providing robust monitoring of network servers. It provides peace of mind with monitoring of clients server infrastructure. Ninja's interface is simple yet clean. It makes navigating and getting where you need to be easy. Ninja's staff is always willing to help and their support is top-notch! They work hard to address any issues quickly and efficiently.,We've had some issues with Ninja's patching engine, this may be a combination of changes in Microsoft's patching structure and Ninja's implementation. Ninja's reporting is a little less robust than other products. Having more information available to provide Customers would make QBR's more valuable and easier. Ninja's policy setup is based on a hierarchical approach. We would like to see more granularity in the ability to assign polices and the ability to assign multiple policies on devices.,5,Ninja is a much better RMM than we previously used, it did increase our efficiency, just not as much as I had hoped. Ninja gave us a foundation to build our MSP business, at this point we've outgrown it but it did provide a solid foundation to start with. Ninja's patch issues has caused us to spend many additional hours manually checking clients for patch updates, this is severely cut down on efficiencies,7,9,Datto,TeamViewer, IT Glue, Microsoft Office 365See How NinjaRMM Chops Up The CompetitionWe just starting using NinjaRMM for our entire company. We've deployed it in our Los Angeles & Manila offices. We will be deploying it in our Amsterdam office as well. Our current computer consultant recommended NinjaRMM as a way of tracking operating system updates. As a fringe benefit it comes with Vipre antivirus software & TeamViewer.,NinjaRMM provides a web portal where all computers including servers installed with the NinjaRMM agent can be managed. From this web portal the administrator can track the health of all computers in the organization. Policies can be created to deploy operating system updates and Vipre antivirus installation. The NinjaRMM agent comes with TeamViewer. TeamViewer is a great way for admin staff to remotely establish a connection and troubleshoot problems on any computer with internet access. The NinjaRMM agent also monitors various activities on computers with this agent installed. An email notification is automatically sent out to the administrator when any of the following events occur: a computer is turned on & comes on-line, software programs are installed or removal, a virus or malware attack is detected and quarantined.,NinjaRMM's web portal, though rich with a number of features already, can use additional improvements. For example, there currently is not a method to show a list of all devices grouped by category such as all servers first, workstations next & etc. Though you can select the filter option to see just workstations or just servers, you cannot see them both separated on the same list. NinjaRMM's web portal does provide an option to manually rename each device so that you can name workstations to begin with a letter like "W-" and servers to begin with a letter like "S-". Then you can see a list with everything sorted alphabetically. Though the NinjaRMM web portal provides a list of all devices installed with the agent as turned on labeled as "connected", there isn't a column feature where you can sort all devices that are turned on vs off. Including TeamViewer in the RMMTools agent is an excellent addition. But since a device will need to be on for TeamViewer to remote in, there doesn't seem to be an easy method to force a computer to be turned on for monitoring.,5,NinjaRMM has provided an excellent ROI for our Architectural office. With a single tool that also includes an antivirus software called Vipre, all the devices including servers & workstations can be monitored and protected from attacks. NinjaRMM includes a programmed called TeamViewer. With TeamViewer the IT staff can remotely access computers outside the office to troubleshoot problems encountered. As long as the remote computer has an internet access, our IT staff can see the computer as if they're sitting at that location. This saves so much time and reduce costs for our IT staff to have to travel to the location to fix the problem. NinjaRMM offers a web portal interface to monitor all devices from a single location. This saves the IT staff time from having to go before each computer to review its health & operating system updates.,Kaseya Network Monitor,VNC Connect, Remote Desktop ServicesNinjaRMM: Best workstation alerting software you can find!NinjaRMM is currently being used by our organization for full workstation reporting. In addition to the full suite of reporting tools, we also have a specialized use case for NinjaRMM. It allows us to report on software installations. Specifically, we have a trigger setup that sends IT admins an email whenever any software is installed on a workstation. This helps our Information Security team track unsupervised installations very easily.,Great UI Platform agnostic Very granular controls,Support can be slow Updates are frequent System goes down too often,7,Allows for information security team to audit Custom alerting Wealth of information provided on workstations,,Spoke, ServiceDesk Plus, AlienVault USMI like being a ninjaNinja allows our IT team to remotely manage all our workstations across the company. We have several remote workers spread out of the United States and Ninja RMM helps us to manage those devices remotely. Using the Remote Management software allows us to quickly resolve problems and get back to working on important company projects.,Ninja team is always improving the product and listening to customers. A lean agent installed on endpoints. Ninja RMM offers a number of different add-ons at a reasonable price. Provides insight into details of a PC or Mac. Patch Management is very helpful in maintaining Windows and Software patches. Software inventory and remote background un-installation is a life saver. The dashboard is intuitive and easy to use. Custom Alerts can be configured to monitor services or any problems that may be arising.,I've been disappointed with their Mac agent improvements since signing up with Ninja RMM. Missing some important features such as remote file transfer and Teamviewer deployment to Macs. Minimum agents is hard to meet for smaller companies. There is a 50 device minimum so we've been paying for 50 over the last year when we have had about 40 - 45.,8,Ninja allows us to run without active directory which is a very positive impact on ROI The lack of all the Apple tools we need is a negative impact on ROI as we have to invest time or other tools to accomplish tasks we could with Ninja Ninja includes Teamviewer which is a powerful remote management tool by itself,ConnectWise Control (formerly ScreenConnect),G Suite, Adobe Acrobat DC, Adobe Illustrator CC, Adobe InDesign, ServiceDesk PlusNinjaRMM ReviewNinjaRMM is used across our organization. We use it to monitor and maintain our client's computers as well as our own.,Remote monitoring of PCs/servers Scheduled, unattended software updates for both Windows and other software frees up my techs for other assignments. Alerting from NinjaRMM often lets us know there is a problem before the customer knows so we can head it off and minimize business impact.,Some of the configuration descriptions could be worded better. We misinterpreted one and didn't realize we prevented servers from rebooting on a schedule.,10,Increased productivity from staff Reduces issues experienced by clients. Competitive markup on software.,9,9,Continuum Command,QuickBooks Online, AutotaskNinjaRMM saving me time and moneyNinjaRMM is used to remotely manage all of the endpoint computers for over a dozen companies by me. It lets me have a great view of exactly what's happening with all of the computers that I am responsible for very quickly and easily. It also lets me fix many issues without leaving my location.,NinjaRMM has a great user interface. It is one of the primary reasons that I use it over anything else. NinjaRMM is super easy to do remote command line execution on the endpoints. This often allows me to fix issues on remote computers while the user is using it without them even aware that I'm doing anything. NinjaRMM is really easy to deploy. I keep a thumbdrive with an installer for each of my client organizations handy. All I need to do is double click that installer and everything silently deploys and starts managing the computer the way I want it to.,While deploying an installer for extra software can be done through ninja, it is a little difficult. It has to be done as a scheduled action which is part of a policy. If I just need to install something on one endpoint, this is a difficult way to go about it.,10,NinjaRMM has saved me a lot of time. I often can do things remotely instead of make a trip to a client's site. It also saves me time by automating a lot of things I would have to do by hand. NinjaRMM saves me money in that the minimum number of endpoints is only 50, where some others have a minimum of 200.,ConnectWise Automate (formerly LabTech)
NinjaRMM

NinjaRMM Reviews

NinjaRMM

Filter 14 vetted NinjaRMM reviews and ratings

Do you use this product? Write a Review
Steve Ricketts profile photo
August 08, 2019

NinjaRMM - A good foundation to grow from

• Ninja does a nice job on providing robust monitoring of network servers. It provides peace of mind with monitoring of clients server infrastructure.
  • Ninja's interface is simple yet clean. It makes navigating and getting where you need to be easy.
  • Ninja's staff is always willing to help and their support is top-notch! They work hard to address any issues quickly and efficiently.
  • We've had some issues with Ninja's patching engine, this may be a combination of changes in Microsoft's patching structure and Ninja's implementation.
  • Ninja's reporting is a little less robust than other products. Having more information available to provide Customers would make QBR's more valuable and easier.
  • Ninja's policy setup is based on a hierarchical approach. We would like to see more granularity in the ability to assign polices and the ability to assign multiple policies on devices.
Ninja is an affordable, fairly straightforward RMM that I feel is a good fit for smaller implementations. As your client base grows and the diversity of client needs grow you can start to see some of the limitations that Ninja has. Ninja's cloud based implementation is stable but they have been a little slow on the updates promised. We used to work more closely with them but we continued to see feature creep on items that weren't really important to us. The items we felt were important kept getting pushed back in the time-line with really no end in sight. Ultimately this is what pushed us to move onto a different platform.
Read Steve Ricketts's full review
Paul Li profile photo
June 05, 2019

See How NinjaRMM Chops Up The Competition

• NinjaRMM provides a web portal where all computers including servers installed with the NinjaRMM agent can be managed. From this web portal the administrator can track the health of all computers in the organization. Policies can be created to deploy operating system updates and Vipre antivirus installation.
  • The NinjaRMM agent comes with TeamViewer. TeamViewer is a great way for admin staff to remotely establish a connection and troubleshoot problems on any computer with internet access.
  • The NinjaRMM agent also monitors various activities on computers with this agent installed. An email notification is automatically sent out to the administrator when any of the following events occur: a computer is turned on & comes on-line, software programs are installed or removal, a virus or malware attack is detected and quarantined.
  • NinjaRMM's web portal, though rich with a number of features already, can use additional improvements. For example, there currently is not a method to show a list of all devices grouped by category such as all servers first, workstations next & etc. Though you can select the filter option to see just workstations or just servers, you cannot see them both separated on the same list. NinjaRMM's web portal does provide an option to manually rename each device so that you can name workstations to begin with a letter like "W-" and servers to begin with a letter like "S-". Then you can see a list with everything sorted alphabetically.
  • Though the NinjaRMM web portal provides a list of all devices installed with the agent as turned on labeled as "connected", there isn't a column feature where you can sort all devices that are turned on vs off.
  • Including TeamViewer in the RMMTools agent is an excellent addition. But since a device will need to be on for TeamViewer to remote in, there doesn't seem to be an easy method to force a computer to be turned on for monitoring.
In using NinjaRMM's web portal, I'm able to create a custom filter to see a particular software that has been installed on the computers. Then I can uninstall the software from the computer. Unfortunately, there currently isn't an option to select all the computers with the software to uninstall. I would have to select one computer at a time to remove the software found.
Read Paul Li's full review
June 30, 2019

NinjaRMM: Best workstation alerting software you can find!

• Great UI
  • Platform agnostic
  • Very granular controls
  • Support can be slow
  • Updates are frequent
  • System goes down too often
NinjaRMM is well suited for any organization that wants very detailed insight into their end user's workstations. Everything from hardware to software, NinjaRMM allows you to see the current status of all resources in your fleet. Also, the reporting features are amazing and alerting can be setup for most use cases. I would not recommend it for a non-technical team as the UI can be complex.
June 20, 2019

I like being a ninja

• Ninja team is always improving the product and listening to customers.
  • A lean agent installed on endpoints.
  • Ninja RMM offers a number of different add-ons at a reasonable price.
  • Provides insight into details of a PC or Mac.
  • Patch Management is very helpful in maintaining Windows and Software patches.
  • Software inventory and remote background un-installation is a life saver.
  • The dashboard is intuitive and easy to use.
  • Custom Alerts can be configured to monitor services or any problems that may be arising.
  • I've been disappointed with their Mac agent improvements since signing up with Ninja RMM.
  • Missing some important features such as remote file transfer and Teamviewer deployment to Macs.
  • Minimum agents is hard to meet for smaller companies. There is a 50 device minimum so we've been paying for 50 over the last year when we have had about 40 - 45.
Ninja RMM is designed for MSP however as a small company with a lean IT team I find that it is a perfect fit for us. All of our applications are cloud-based so Ninja RMM ties in perfectly. I would recommend any small company with remote workers should take a look at Ninja for managing their company devices. The price is good and the tools are very helpful.
August 06, 2019

NinjaRMM Review

• Remote monitoring of PCs/servers
  • Scheduled, unattended software updates for both Windows and other software frees up my techs for other assignments.
  • Alerting from NinjaRMM often lets us know there is a problem before the customer knows so we can head it off and minimize business impact.
  • Some of the configuration descriptions could be worded better. We misinterpreted one and didn't realize we prevented servers from rebooting on a schedule.
NinjaRMM is well suited for MSPs to help clients.
Steve Radabaugh profile photo
October 24, 2018

NinjaRMM saving me time and money

• NinjaRMM has a great user interface. It is one of the primary reasons that I use it over anything else.
  • NinjaRMM is super easy to do remote command line execution on the endpoints. This often allows me to fix issues on remote computers while the user is using it without them even aware that I'm doing anything.
  • NinjaRMM is really easy to deploy. I keep a thumbdrive with an installer for each of my client organizations handy. All I need to do is double click that installer and everything silently deploys and starts managing the computer the way I want it to.
  • While deploying an installer for extra software can be done through ninja, it is a little difficult. It has to be done as a scheduled action which is part of a policy. If I just need to install something on one endpoint, this is a difficult way to go about it.
NinjaRMM is great for a small MSP that just needs a simple easy to use RMM tool. Larger organizations that need a more comprehensive solution that has an integrated PSA might want to look somewhere else.
Read Steve Radabaugh's full review

Remote monitoring (3)
Network device monitoring (4)
5.3
Multiple Server Monitoring (4)
Multi-device monitoring (4)
Automated alerts and notifications (4)
9.2
Patch Management (4)
Service configuration management (4)
6.7
Software and hardware inventory (4)
Policy-based automation (4)
Performance data reports (4)
Customizable reporting (3)
Data visualization (4)
6.2
Risk analysis (3)
5.3
Data backup and recovery (3)
Antivirus and malware management (4)
Adinistraor access control (4)

About NinjaRMM

NinjaRMM offers a security oriented remote monitoring and management platform. The platform allows user to manage endpoints and also network infrastructure for threats, network health, or other potential sources of disruption. NinjaRMM enables customization via environment-specific performance thresholds and monitoring through a lightweight agent.

In addition to remote software deployment, NinjaRMM supports automation via automated antivirus protocols, patch management, and remote scripting. It also features performance and security reporting capabilities.

NinjaRMM Technical Details