Nintex Workflow is designed to work with Microsoft Office365, SharePoint, and Project Server.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/ae/Si/TXAPX75B0RHT.PNGMy Nintex WorkFlow experiencesOur organization uses Nintex Workflows for document management, task assignment, coordination, accountability, continuity and to ensure the end product is delivered to the customer.It is being used by the program I work for with a government customer.,Unlike SharePoint Designer WorkFlows, I enjoy the ease of use with Nintex WorkFlow drag & drop actions and how easy it is to configure them with SharePoint artifacts. Errors are not as difficulty to address after trial and error. I have encountered errors in SharePoint Designer WorkFlows. Based on my experience, Nintex WorkFlows are lot easier to work with and troubleshoot. The multitude of actions, that can be configured to create various Nintex WorkFlows, are endless. These actions can be mixed and matched to meet your customer requirements. Use of use with CSS and customizations.,Though Nintex WorkFlows are great for administrators, they are not designed for developers who have to utilize workarounds in order to accomplish simple actions. For SharePoint migrations from 2010 to 2013, it appears that Nintex may not issue migration licenses as quickly as your customer may expect. Nintex is not a cheap product to purchase. Customers must assess their needs, requirements and budget before investing in Nintex licenses.,9,Nintex offers process automation that simplifies business solutions. Learning how to use all of the actions is not as time consuming as other WorkFlows I have configured before. The learning curve on creating, maintaining and troubleshooting Nintex WorkFlows heightens productivity. Plus, I can appreciate the online courses offered on their Nintex community site along with live support assistance if and when the occasion rises. I have noticed less WorkFlow bottlenecks; This improves efficiency, controls expenditure of time, money, resources and drives process improvements.,I use Nintex WorkFlows in SharePoint 2013 on-premise. Nintex platform serves as a base for all of our program WorkFlows. We don't use the default SharePoint WorkFlows nor SharePoint Designer WorkFlows. They don't meet the customer's requirements.,Nintex Workflows are being used by non-IT personnel as well as for IT personnel who maintain it. Non-IT personnel use Nintex WorkFlows for task assignment and document accountability for each sub-dept that works on in-bound and existing documents. Nintex WorkFlows delivers our work to our customer seamlessly.,Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Azure, MS SharePoint, Microsoft IIS and SharePoint Designer,SharePoint Designer, Microsoft Office 365, MS SharePoint, JIRA Service DeskNifty Stuff with NintexIt is being used across our entire firm. We use it for a whole host of things from automatically categorizing reports sent into our SharePoint site, to lookups for adding addition relevant information to our properties of our reports, and most importantly for gaining approvals on our reports and other sensitive documents.,The graphical interface for producing the workflows make the process very easy to understand and to implement. There is a lot of built in functionality that just doesn't exist in the standard SP workflows like Loops and FOR/NEXT, and accessing other sites within a workflow. The support is very good and the suite of tools from workflows to form building and mobile phone support allows great development of large applications.,Trouble shooting remains a difficult task. It would be helpful if there were a manual dedicated solely to building trouble shooting actions and processes for Nintex. This may be my lack of investigation but to learn how to build forms or build mobile solutions it would also be good to have access to in-depth training videos. I also think there should be a better way to search a design workflow to find references to fields or variables. This would allow a quicker way to find areas of a workflow that deals with these fields or vars.,10,Unfortunately I do not have an ROI but I do feel the ease of use and increased functionality of the Nintex workflows has saved time in developing solutions for our business.,We use Nintex in our SharePoint environment. I already stated in the other questions how important the Nintex platform has been for our use in SharePoint.,Our business is using the end results of our development of workflows and forms. This is done automatically when our business emails reports and documents into SharePoint our workflow automatically run doing many things among the most used is our approval process.Nintex Platform products increase productivity and provide a solid return on investmentNintex Workflow for SharePoint is being used extensively by various projects at SPAWAR and US Navy.Most workflows involve some form of business process automation involving various activities such as tasking, event tracking, document management, issues, etc....,Provides many more actions, constructs and functions than SharePoint Designer or most other 3rd party tools The ability to export and import workflows saves time and effort Nintex Workflow is extensible and allows user defined actions and nearly limitless potential using standard components,We are not particular crazy about some of the action property dialogues. Some seem to be awkward when adding/editing email body for example Wish there was a way to open 2 workflows and then copy/paste actions between them,9,Positive Impact: Ability to easily reuse existing workflows and design Positive Impact: Ability for non-developers to create and maintain their own workflows Positive Impact: Complex business problems can be implemented due to the Nintex constructs and available list of actions,SharePoint 2010. Deployment flexibility is key as we do not have access to the SharePoint architecture only site collections. The hosting service simply installs and activates Nintex then designates Site Collection Administrators (SCA) to manage the environment.,Non-IT staff are using the Nintex workflow platform as standard user but all of the workflow development, management and control currently resides with IT staff.,Nintex Workflow, the SharePoint Workflow System I've encountered.Nintex is the Swiss Army Knife of SharePoint. It allows me to create numerous workflows, synchronize lists, and performed timed operations. It can do many operations that took server-oriented code or complex JavaScript. It also comes with a form designer package that allows for custom validations and attractive formatting.One example that I've used many times is to have a list workflow synchronize with a dependent list. Several examples of timed Nintex Site Workflows involve end or the month reporting or weekly overdue notices. With the notices, I am able to don individual users as well a provide a summary report to the administrator. Another example of a timed workflow process is when I generate new report records for all team members for the next week; also, in the same workflow I lock down permissions on the existing records to read-only.Nintex has great looping and querying of lists within a site. I can easily get an array of all the ids in a list such as team members, then use that array in a forEach loop to create records in another list specific for those individuals.,Does a tremendous job of loop through arrays and querying lists for specific conditions. Some tasks are easy from the get-go like notifying a user on changes or new items. These tasks can be set up in minutes. Time processes are easy to instantiate with the workflow timer.,This is an article I wrote on upgrading Nintex to World Class: https://community.nintex.com/community/dev-talk/blog/2017/01/05/upgrading-nintex-workflows-to-world-class. They need a better function library for String and Date Manipulation A For Loop with Counter controls instead of just a For Each iterating over collection. An Action Control to separate individuals for Person Controls containing group.,9,Allows me to complete systems several days faster than having develop code natively. Security in having timed processes execute without external effort.,We use Nintex in our On-premise SharePoint 2013. It is important to me as a developer to create custom workflow and form solutions.,SharePoint DesignerLimitations Aside Its A-OKWe did use Nintex Workflow to automate data entry or user requests made to different departments inside the company. It was being used by the whole corporation, while not prolific in use, at its height almost all departments used at least one workflow created inside the Nintex platform. The business problems it addressed were basically standardizing communication when working with a business practice or procedure that needed consistency and had to follow a chain of command.,The interface and GUI are top notch and well designed. They make it easy to visualize the workflow. The verbiage and help section of Nintex Workflow make creating what you need very easy to read and understand. The community and forums are terrific and very responsive. You often get answers from people who work at Nintex.,Integration with other systems is poor at best. The limitation of the processes they have in place. An example is a function that will execute a SQL statement will only return a max of 500 records last I used it. Issues with the designer and sometimes their servers seem to be laggy. It is hosted so you are relying on Nintex for some performance overhead.,6,It allowed the company I worked for to create and get up and running with workflows very quickly due to its straightforward GUI. The ROI in my opinion isn't great. There are cheaper alternatives out there. Low Code solution allows more ambitious non technical people to jump in and create their own workflows.,,PowerApps, Azure SQL Database, Visual Studio Test Professional, Wunderlist, TweetDeck
Windows
Nintex Platform

Nintex Platform Reviews

Nintex Platform
Top Rated Award
Filter 101 vetted Nintex Platform reviews and ratings
August 20, 2018

Nintex Platform Review: "My Nintex WorkFlow experiences"

It is being used by the program I work for with a government customer.

• Unlike SharePoint Designer WorkFlows, I enjoy the ease of use with Nintex WorkFlow drag & drop actions and how easy it is to configure them with SharePoint artifacts.
  • Errors are not as difficulty to address after trial and error. I have encountered errors in SharePoint Designer WorkFlows. Based on my experience, Nintex WorkFlows are lot easier to work with and troubleshoot.
  • The multitude of actions, that can be configured to create various Nintex WorkFlows, are endless. These actions can be mixed and matched to meet your customer requirements.
  • Use of use with CSS and customizations.
  • Though Nintex WorkFlows are great for administrators, they are not designed for developers who have to utilize workarounds in order to accomplish simple actions.
  • For SharePoint migrations from 2010 to 2013, it appears that Nintex may not issue migration licenses as quickly as your customer may expect.
  • Nintex is not a cheap product to purchase. Customers must assess their needs, requirements and budget before investing in Nintex licenses.
Scenario: government customer requires company to ensure tasks are executed by various groups of people where each group is assigned a task. Every time a specified task is completed, it must undergo assessment for approval/rejection by another group, usually high level managers. Approved documents are ultimately delivered to the customer, while rejected documents will be redirected to the originator or the last person who edited the document.
Read Melissa Kattke's full review
October 19, 2018

Nintex Platform Review: "Nifty Stuff with Nintex"

• The graphical interface for producing the workflows make the process very easy to understand and to implement.
  • There is a lot of built in functionality that just doesn't exist in the standard SP workflows like Loops and FOR/NEXT, and accessing other sites within a workflow.
  • The support is very good and the suite of tools from workflows to form building and mobile phone support allows great development of large applications.
  • Trouble shooting remains a difficult task. It would be helpful if there were a manual dedicated solely to building trouble shooting actions and processes for Nintex.
  • This may be my lack of investigation but to learn how to build forms or build mobile solutions it would also be good to have access to in-depth training videos.
  • I also think there should be a better way to search a design workflow to find references to fields or variables. This would allow a quicker way to find areas of a workflow that deals with these fields or vars.
I have been using Nintex for many years, and looking back, I don't know how I could have come this far without the Nintex suite of tools. The ability to organize, coordinate and distribute, and update content in our SharePoint environment has been hugely enhanced by using the Nintex Platform of tools.
Read Alan Hoyt's full review
October 19, 2018

Review: "Nintex Platform products increase productivity and provide a solid return on investment"

• Provides many more actions, constructs and functions than SharePoint Designer or most other 3rd party tools
  • The ability to export and import workflows saves time and effort
  • Nintex Workflow is extensible and allows user defined actions and nearly limitless potential using standard components
  • We are not particular crazy about some of the action property dialogues. Some seem to be awkward when adding/editing email body for example
  • Wish there was a way to open 2 workflows and then copy/paste actions between them

Well Suited:
Complex Workflows
No need for developers to create workflows
Portable and extensible architecture

Less Suited:
Projects where funding is at a premium (Designer is free)

Read Scott Wallace's full review
August 21, 2018

Nintex Platform Review: "Nintex Workflow, the SharePoint Workflow System I've encountered."

• Does a tremendous job of loop through arrays and querying lists for specific conditions.
  • Some tasks are easy from the get-go like notifying a user on changes or new items. These tasks can be set up in minutes.
  • Time processes are easy to instantiate with the workflow timer.
  • This is an article I wrote on upgrading Nintex to World Class: https://community.nintex.com/community/dev-talk/blog/2017/01/05/upgrading-nintex-workflows-to-world-class.
  • They need a better function library for String and Date Manipulation
  • A For Loop with Counter controls instead of just a For Each iterating over collection.
  • An Action Control to separate individuals for Person Controls containing group.

Nintex is optimal for Document Approval or any type of notification based on list events: Add, Change.

Nintex is good for Coordinating Master and Detail Lists.

Nintex is great for Customized Input Forms to Lists.

Nintex is great a mass record creation based on data from diverse list.

Read Stephan Onisick's full review
July 22, 2018

Nintex Platform Review: "Limitations Aside Its A-OK"

• The interface and GUI are top notch and well designed. They make it easy to visualize the workflow.
  • The verbiage and help section of Nintex Workflow make creating what you need very easy to read and understand.
  • The community and forums are terrific and very responsive. You often get answers from people who work at Nintex.
  • Integration with other systems is poor at best.
  • The limitation of the processes they have in place. An example is a function that will execute a SQL statement will only return a max of 500 records last I used it.
  • Issues with the designer and sometimes their servers seem to be laggy. It is hosted so you are relying on Nintex for some performance overhead.
A scenario where Nintex is suited well would be using it for a workflow where emails and signatures/approvals are needed. It makes sending customized emails and formatting them easy, also working with small datasets. Also creating documents inside Nintex Workflow is by far and away the best I have seen. Working with large datasets to evaluate conditions or integrating with outside systems to gather information is where Nintex starts to fall apart. More complicated workflows also seem to crack under their own weight inside Nintex workflow.
Read Damien Dolan's full review
October 18, 2018

Nintex Platform Review: "Nintex forms and workflow providing elegant process automation."

I have built enterprise PMO workflows with Nintex workflows. It was heavily utilized (1.5M+ annual workflows) and saved ($500k annual) in PMO process and work effort. Also implemented Nintex forms and workflows in all national services organization. Played a huge role in the branding and capability development of the organization. Implementing another PMO in a hospital with Nintex forms and workflows. All the benefits of the advanced forms capability and highly articulate workflows make the platform high valuable.
  • Portfolio of actions, wide number of Nintex and SharePoint interactions.
  • Forms as a compute platform, incredible amount of form capability.
  • Repeatable standard forms and workflows.
  • External data connection. Would allow Azure SQL to become a part of the Information Architecture.
  • Central workflow management. Would allow greater enterprise adoption.
Great value for process enablement. Not a fit for all transactive operations but high flexibility and provides value in most processes.
Read Sean Megley's full review
September 21, 2018

Nintex Platform: "Nintex Review"

We use Nintex Forms and Workflows to quickly automate business processes in our SharePoint environment.
  • Very easy to learn.
  • Easy to make changes.
  • Integrates with SharePoint
  • A proper user guide would be helpful.
  • Looking for "How do I" in Nintex takes you to too many different sites. I just want to go to one place.
It's great for small processes - it is not a replacement for an entire business application.
Read Heather Van De Sande's full review
September 17, 2018

Nintex Platform Review: "Nintex, valuable add-on for SharePoint gurus"

Nintex used to design custom workflow and complicated forms . We are using non stop for development and replace old infopath forms.
We are passing through certain complex issues, but Nintex helpdesk is able to resolve it.
  • Forms, useful builders friendly explanations.
  • Workflow , nice design and complexity.
  • Compability over Sharepoint migration.
  • Expand compatibility.
  • Connect to external sources and translate to forms Nintex.
  • Migration proccess.
We used mainly for Forms to replace infopath forms and uses complexity behind it.
Workflows used to notification adjustment etc.
Read Igor Feldman's full review
September 13, 2018

Nintex Platform Review: "Great product for your SharePoint ecosystem!"

Nintex Workflow and Forms are used extensively in our network of on-premise SharePoint sites. They are used in a variety of tasks by our SharePoint users (employees and clients) - approval workflows, project tracking, surveys, and others.
  • Nintex Forms is easy, intuitive, and great to look at.
  • Simple workflow creation is easy, but complex workflows usually trip our users.
  • Nintex provides great support.
  • User help materials are lacking. They've started Xchange etc., but I don't like the idea of monetizing help.
  • Vendor response (distinct from support response) is slow.
Nintex is an incredibly powerful toolset, and definitely enhances the functionality of our SharePoint platform in multiple ways. Very complex workflows can be created using Workflow, which is not possible with Flow or others. Nintex Forms is much better than your usual List forms in SharePoint. Where the product still needs to improve though is help and reliability.
Read Rahul Agarwal's full review
September 04, 2018

Nintex Platform: "Nintex benefits integrated with SharePoint for daily business needs"

I use Nintex to automate business processes such as approvals and notifications related to business deadlines (e.g. contract expiration, Onboarding needs, etc).
  • Very intuitive
  • Strong user support and knowledge base
  • Constantly updated and adding new features and extensions
  • Improve the preview functionality, not all features work in preview
  • Improve knowledge base around JS and CSS integration
  • Add connectors to other systems into SP2016 not just Cloud solution
Nintex is a solid solution for automating business processes like onboarding, contract management, AP/AR, invoicing, and presenting data from multiple sources in a central location
Read Alex Kirchmann's full review
August 24, 2018

Nintex Platform Review: "Nintex Workflow increases our business's efficiency"

Nintex workflow is a core function of our SharePoint business needs. We do not allow for SharePoint designer workflows and only use Nintex. The SharePoint team are the only users who create workflows however these workflows are utilized in numerous areas of our core business.
The platform allows your quick easy build, test and deployment of complex workflows to address business needs. The export functionality makes it simple to "move" workflows between our multiple environments as well as allowing us to "re-purpose" current workflows for other needs.
With this platform we are able to take business processes that that require multiple employee man hours and reduce it into minutes.
One example is a solution that required at least 20 man hours of work a week, gaining approvals and tracking activity of a process, by utilizing the functionality of this platform we were able to take that down to about 15 minutes of man hours needed to complete this activity all the while allowing the business to follow and audit activity's while in process.
  • Ease of deployment.
  • Reusable solutions.
  • Audit trail of process.
  • Ease of use for end users.
  • Better error logging options.
  • More non technical explanation of some functionality.
Automated Approval process.
Ability to follow workflow "in flight".
Read Kevin Dorn's full review
October 16, 2018

Review: "Nintex Platform... easy enough a non-IT caveman could use it!"

Right now, Nintex Platform is being used by a branch of the organization. Eventually, we would like to unveil to our other branches. Nintex solves the business problems of pre-onboarding prospects, onboarding clients, and day to day client services. It solves the problem of what is the next step and where should the next task go to? It is helping us move away from all email communication to more communication through Slack and Salesforce.
  • It is easy to learn. The video demos are really helpful. You can follow through the script to learn how to use the tools. It would help any new user substantially to do the videos first thing. I geared my certificates to my needs.
  • They are great at addressing concerns and problems. The team at Nintex is a phone call or email away. Never afraid to jump on Skype and work out a problem. We would pull out my workflow and test it out. Catching the error or working through a building block.
  • They walk you through each step of the way. The team wants to make sure you understand the timeline, where you should be, and how to go forward. They have a pretty clear timeline and a team specifically geared for that timeline. They make sure to have weekly or bi-monthly check-ins. It is tailored to your needs.
  • The demos are time-consuming. There was a bit of an expectation to get the demos done right away where we were ready to hop in.
  • Nintex is easy to learn, but harder to master. There were some periods where I felt I really had to dig in there and read between the lines when it came to figuring the workflows out.
  • Parts of the platform are new, which means there are a lot of updates. Updates are good, but hard when you are only now getting the hang of how everything works.
Nintex Platform is well suited for larger organizations where there are a lot of repetitive tasks. Or a higher turnover in positions where someone may need to start a workflow. It is more accessible than Process Composer or the Salesforce workflows. This allows you to utilize more integrations, Outlook, Slack, Box, etc. I would not recommend this for a small office, because if you are in control of everything, more likely you'd write notes to yourself. It would work well for a high tech type company. There are capabilities for clients to fill out forms on apps. Can be used across many spheres - sale oriented companies, hospitality, standard 9 to 5 office job... really anything that has an input and an output or collecting information. If a task has more than one person involved, then, this can be utilized.
October 09, 2018

Nintex Platform Review: "Nintex is great for building online enterprise workflows"

Nintex is used by our organization to automate tasks that used to require paper forms to be filled out and passed around. These processes include sick and vacation leave requests as well as access requests and data submissions. The workflows are used in numerous departments across the organization.
  • The WYSIWYG workflow designer makes workflow generation straightforward.
  • The ability to call external APIs makes integration with other systems outside of SharePoint easy.
  • Using SharePoint as a platform allows us to quickly distribute the workflows throughout the organization.
  • The workflow designer seems to have some rendering issues in non-IE browsers.
Nintex works well in an organization which is currently using SharePoint and has paper based processes that require approvals or distribution of information to multiple areas.
October 19, 2018

Nintex Platform Review: "Nintex, simplify your workflows"

We use Nintex Forms and Workflows to build custom solutions for customers to automate businesses process. The Nintex products that we use have been of great use in taking previously fully custom coded solutions and turning them into Nintex workflows. This has decreased the amount of maintenance time needed to support the customer, and has allowed us to increase time building new solutions.
  • Easy to learn the application.
  • For complicated workflows it is much easier to add notes and understand what it is doing with the graphical interface vs. SharePoint Designer.
  • The Forms application is very flexible and can handle almost any type of customization.
  • Nintex documentation is almost non existent. It was difficult to find and not very helpful once found. The forums are helpful but that shouldn't be the first stop for how to use the product.
  • Support for installation was also lacking. We installed it fairly easily following the instructions provided from Nintex, but started having problems with complex workflows timing out right away. The solution was explained by a Nintex Partner that came into our office and helped re-configure Nintex and our databases that Nintex used.
Almost any CRUD application can be done with a Nintex workflow. The caveat is, this is only as long as you stay in SharePoint; we have had less luck for connecting to other databases to bring information in. The Forms product is very robust as well. It has successfully filled the gap for an easily customizable form for data entry.
September 27, 2018

Nintex Platform Review: "Tremendous ROI and Value Add with Nintex"

Nintex Forms and Workflow has allowed us to establish a catalog of generic templates which we can tailor to our (internal) customers’ needs that allow us to quickly move from business issue to immediate value add. Like many IT organizations, we want IT to be viewed as a solution and technology enabler, not a roadblock, and Nintex Forms and Workflow has been a strategic partner in that vision.
  • Cross platform BPA integration.
  • Intuitive user interface.
  • Able to handle the most simple to the most complex BPA initiatives.
  • Multiple approach options in Nintex Workflow and Nintex Workflow Cloud.
  • Forms and Workflow May have to be updated as new features become available.
  • Without training, end users may find Nintex Workflow difficult to use.
Early adoption to cloud proved difficult at times as certain workflow modules were not working as expected. These issues have been resolved for quite some time now, but this proved challenging at times.
September 24, 2018

Nintex Platform Review: "Nintex for Office 365 - Is it the right tool for you?"

One of our biggest clients needed a workflow solution which can be used across the organization without much dependency on the IT Team. Nintex proved to be a natural choice because of it's ease of use, integrated nature and time saving features.

Now most of the teams in the organization are creating and maintaining their own workflows with little or no support at all from the IT team.
  • Out-of-the-box SharePoint workflows were very tedious to build and manage, whereas Nintex is an easy to use, integrated solution that speeds development of workflows while increasing transparency and accountability.
  • Integration with various platforms - One very stimulating feature about Nintex is the way it integrates with the other platforms that we use every day. To be specific, it allows you to connect to web service, CRM, Excel services, BCS, LDAP, active directory, XML and BizTalk. Moreover, the best thing about these integrations is that they require no code, thus allowing any of the users to incorporate them easily into workflows.
  • Debugging and troubleshooting - It reduces the effort in debugging and troubleshooting through explicit log messages, and the ability to easily disable specific workflow actions / branches.
  • Features like state machine multi-level approval, Lazy Approval (reply to approvals via email), Workflow visualizations, scheduled workflows, constants, delegation and so on, are available out of the box, without the need to write a single line of code, which makes it very appealing.
  • Manual start of site workflows - Currently Nintex Online does not allow a way to toggle manual start for site workflows.
  • Support for operators in *Wait for field change in current item* action.
  • Wait for item update action in Nintex on-prem enables developer to use different operator based on need. Please enable operators in Nintex online action or wait for field change in current item action.
  • Permissions to Nintex Apps (Forms and/or Workflows).
  • Currently anyone with full control to a list or library can access the Nintex forms and workflows. We want our business users to have full access to lists and libraries, but do not want them modifying workflows as they are business critical. We need only the development team to have access to Nintex in O365. In SharePoint 2013 on-premises, I would go to Site Settings -> Nintex -> Allowed Workflow Designers -> Remove permissions except for the development team. We need this same access control in O365.
Easier to describe/show business unit because it is more visual (like Visio) than a workflow within SharePoint Designer.
Can create User Defined Actions which can be implemented in multiple workflows (we use a "ReportsTo" action to get a user's direct report for escalation emails).

September 17, 2018

"Then Nintex Platform - A consultant's review and perspective"

As a consultant, I see the Nintex Platform leveraged by organizations of all sizes in numerous scenarios. In most cases, the platform is a corporate shared resource used by multiple departments or business subunits across an organization to automate business processes or use cases. On the simpler side, the platform allows for the quick creation of workflows for notification and task delegation. And on the more complex side, the platform can facilitate the creation of workflows that interconnect systems and automate long-running business processes.
  • The Nintex Platform is user friendly and easy to use.
  • It has a deep set of built-in actions that allow users to create both simple and complex workflows .
  • For those seeking to automate SharePoint, the Nintex Platform is deeply integrated into and leverages the native SharePoint architecture.
  • While generally a good interface, there are some action configuration interfaces that some new users find are difficult to understand.
  • The online version of Nintex Workflow continues to evolve, but does not yet have feature/action parity with its older on-premises counterpart.
  • The user interface rendering can be slow at times. While it has improved over the years, I'd like to see individual action configuration dialogs be quicker than they are today.
The Nintex Platform has been around for quite a while and thus it is mature and easy to use compared to other workflow automation solutions. It is well suited for quick-win workflows such as workflows that notify people on the progression of a business process, or workflows that drive individuals and groups to take actions to complete a business process.
September 06, 2018

Nintex Platform Review: "Nintex Automates the Mundane"

Nintex Workflows and Forms are used throughout our organization to support teams as they automate simple to complex processes. It is used to improve the user experience and to automate different actions. It supports consistency and facilitates improvements in various areas.
  • Sending emails to people when documentation has changed and needs to be reviewed again.
  • An award process was moved to SharePoint using both Nintex Forms and Workflows. This enabled the admin to standardize the email, move the voting process into SharePoint and automate the emails to nominators and winners. It also facilitated the gathering and storage of all the information in one place and the sharing of information among a large group as the process moved from one stage to the next.
  • I'd like to see the ability for central administrators to set up some standards across farms or site collection admins for deleting workflow history. Our environment is so huge that our central admins have turned off numerous Nintex actions due to the size of the environment.
  • Changing fields based on other fields.
  • Sending emails when change is made.
  • Using information in other/linked lists
September 04, 2018

Nintex Platform Review: "Nintex Workflow on O365 - The good, the bad and the ugly."

Nintex for O365 is used by all users of the company. As Nintex is a codeless platform to develop workflows, everyone finds it easy to develop simple to complex workflows in a short span of time without engaging a dedicated developer. Nintex is used to address some of the common use cases in everyday working like multi level document and process approvals, lazy approval, automating processes like SharePoint site provisioning and some common admin tasks like adding users to a site based on approval.
  • Codeless platform : The end user does not need to be a developer to develop Nintex workflows. The easy drag and drop on the canvas feature makes it easy for all novices and experts to develop Nintex workflow
  • Easy to migrate from one environment to another : Easy to migrate the workflow from a dev site to the production site. Just export and import the Nintex workflow templates
  • Great vendor support : I have seen quick turnaround on all my support enquiries with Nintex. The support team offers friendly advise on steps to be taken to solve the workflow issue that was raised with them.
  • Wide range of SaaS connectors and Actions : Nintex covers most of the SaaS connectors that Enterprise(s) use and it is easy to develop a workflow that spans multiple platforms. ( all without writing any code )
  • Good Online Help on actions : The documentation is good enough for a new user to start using the actions.
  • Provide UI cues to the user in case the user develops a long running workflow ( based on the number of actions ) that can stop working on the Microsoft Workflow Manager Service on O365.
  • Provide simple user recipe's to develop workflows based of a template that over some of the common use cases.
  • Add native support for workflow status as they execute or pause due to any errors.
1. Well suited for simple approval workflows.
2. Not suited for complex requirements where the workflow logic spans into more than 60+ actions. This will make developing, debugging difficult and also introduce errors due to runtime limitations of the Workflow manger service on O365
September 21, 2018

Nintex Platform: "Nintex Business solutions review"

Across the whole organization, to create LOB workflows. It addresses several business problems.
  • Create workflows with minimum code. It allows non-developers to create detailed workflows
  • It is deployed across the farm, allowing the whole company to use it without standalone software.
  • Simple and user friendly.
  • Expensive licensing.
  • Supported only if you pay for annual support.
  • Development version only available with premium support.
Best suited for LOB workflows were non-developers can create detailed workflows. Not suited for small companies, as it is too expensive.
September 20, 2018

Nintex Platform Review: "Workflows gave me my day back!"

We were able to use Nintex workflows to compress what was multiple steps into a single step from a user point of view. Being able to eliminate the possibility of any one step being forgotten or bottlenecked was great.
  • Easy to pick up, very intuitive
  • Scalable for small tasks or large
  • Transparent operation if troubleshooting is needed
  • If a workflow doesn't work, maybe a button to send the entire workflow to customer service of some sort to debug
  • More gui to enhance the drag and drop functionality
  • Options to automate purging history of workflows
Nintex workflows are best suited for large companies where there is opportunity for efficiency and a desire to eliminate tasks falling into the "group think" black hole.

Less suited would be smaller companies where each task is highly different from the last
August 27, 2018

Nintex Platform: "Nintex Review"

Nintex is currently being used to automate complex business processes that there currently isn't a solution for.
  • Customization
  • Allows for complex processing.
  • Complexity can high or low.
  • Task management is difficult. For example in a flexi task I don't have an action ID but I do in other tasks. Task IDs aren't created until after the task... that's not useful.
  • Custom code behind forms is difficult to make work.
  • Configuration is not always intuitive - you have to really understand workflow logic to get the most benefit out of the tool. Is it a developer tool? Or is it for the average user who has some experience but may not have the expertise?
When it comes to simple workflows with simple requests Nintex workflows excel. However, when it comes to complex workflows often Nintex workflows are cumbersome to develop in.
August 23, 2018

Nintex Platform Review: "Nintex is only good for very simple things. Not meant for heavy lifting."

We use Nintex Workflow and Forms via O365. For very simple forms with small data sets, it is ok. However, most of my complaints are with the Forms portion of the software. It is lacking very simple features like autocomplete search, the limit on mobile item lookups is far too small, etc.

Sharepoint is not really designed to be a data repository. Trying to bulk edit data in Sharepoint is next to impossible. It is easy enough to export data from Sharepoint, but trying to put it back in is another story entirely. What should be offered as an alternate solution for large data sets is a link to a SQL server. I've tried to use the "Execute SQL" from Nintex Workflow, but I cannot get it to work.

We contacted Nintex with our issues and they referred us to an external solutions company called Boost and they are building us something that does not use Nintex. We would just switch to Device Magic as they have a solution that would work great and has the missing features Nintex doesn't have, but the corporation I'm contracted out to isn't willing to switch... yet.
  • Simple
  • Autocomplete search.
  • Increase mobile item look-ups, should be at least as much as the Desktop version.
  • Better way to export data to SQL database.
It is only appropriate for very simple forms.
December 06, 2017

Nintex Platform Review: "A tool to automate everything"

We are currently using Nintex Workflow for unstructured processes as well as a few more structured processed across the whole company. We have implemented solutions that will be used by any user, i.e. Company gift and business declaration system, to training requests. We also have solutions in Supply Chain, HR, Engineering, Mining, IT all the way up to our Company Secretary.

We also use Nintex to integrate or get data from SAP ERP, our time and attendance system, SQL, Project Server and even Active Directory. We use this information to run certain processes. Recently we even used Nintex to connect to the internet to a messaging server for tracking and sending messages. We don't use Nintex for functionality that exists in a formal ERP. We have the ability to apply the Nintex tool to any department and almost any area.

• Approvals. Assign flexi-tasks and State Machines are brilliant actions that allow for and controlling of any approval set up.
  • Speed of development - Because or the drag and drop and quick configuration, it is possible to setup JAD sessions and build the solution with the users around the table.
  • Integration capability - The Execute SQL, Call Web Service and LDAP query actions allow for integration into almost any system. We connected to an IOT database with the EXECUTE SQL action and configured it to ODBC capability. With the web service we connect to our SAP environment, etc.
  • Tracking of workflows - it has nice built-in functionality to help you track the workflow.
  • Document integration features exist but it is a bit of work to get the doc template ready and update the document through a workflow
  • Debugging a workflow. This is not a problem if the workflow is 5 - 50 actions big but as workflows get bigger and bigger it becomes more difficult to debug through a whole cycle.
  • More standard connectors will help to improve speed of development but not such a big concern.
Perfect for an approval of any request. Review the data and approve or reject with feedback. It's also very good at managing the process. The workflow is a visual design of a process. Less easy to do data integration from a process and then populating that data in a document. It's possible but slightly more involved process.
Read Francois Crous's full review
December 05, 2017

Nintex Platform Review: "Nintex workflow for Business Process Automation"

We use Nintex Workflow and forms to automate many manual business processes. We have cases where 20 people were needed for a process were reduced to two after automating their manual processes with Nintex. This huge cost savings was mainly due to the effectiveness of the Nintex platform. This solution was so recognized, the rest of the organization wanted us to automate their business processes as well.
  • Nintex workflow makes it easy to connect many disparate systems into one cohesive solution.
  • Without having to write custom code, Nintex can pull in live data from many SQL Server sources across our enterprise to dynamically fill in data into forms and workflows.
  • Nintex can out of the box connect with many 3rd party tools so data can be shared from one platform to another to create one automated solution.
  • Moving to Office 365 has proven to be cost prohibitive for us so we are planning on phasing Nintex out for our Office 365 sites.
  • The Nintex workflow history lists become overwhelming in size. We need a parameter we can set to only keep history back 7 days, 1 month etc. To keep these lists from getting into millions of records like ours are. The adversely affect our performance and especially SharePoint search indexing.
Nintex is great for on-premise workflow automation solutions. We automate many business processes where users were having to manually compare data from many disparate sources. With Nintex we can pull the information together on one form saving users to have to manually log onto and compare/check multiple systems. This saves our organization a lot of money in time savings and automation. In many cases, manual/human decisions can be replaced by automated ones increasing speed and reducing opportunity for manual errors.
Read Greg Guth's full review

Dashboards (21)
6.7
Standard reports (20)
Custom reports (18)
Process designer (31)
Process simulation (11)
Business rules engine (29)
SOA support (30)
Process player (8)
Support for modeling languages (5)
5.5
Form builder (31)
Model execution (28)
Social collaboration tools (7)
Content management (10)

About Nintex Platform

The Nintex Platform offers a set of intelligent process automation technologies. The Nintex Platform includes capabilities for advance workflow, DocGen™, modern forms, mobile apps, and process intelligence.

The platform promises to enable professionals to automate, orchestrate and optimize business processes with clicks rather than code. According to the vendor, with Nintex, both public and private sector enterprises can design, deploy and manage the best solutions and services possible to ensure customer needs are met and productivity is maximized.

Nintex Platform Features

Process Engine Features
Has featureProcess designer
Does not have featureProcess simulation
Has featureBusiness rules engine
Has featureSOA support
Does not have featureProcess player
Does not have featureSupport for modeling languages
Has featureForm builder
Has featureModel execution
Collaboration Features
Does not have featureSocial collaboration tools
Reporting & Analytics Features
Has featureDashboards
Has featureStandard reports
Has featureCustom reports
Content Management Capabilties Features
Does not have featureContent management

Nintex Platform Competitors