Nitro Productivity Suite Reviews

Do you work for this company?

Ariel Dunay profile photo
Nitro is used as our main document viewer and signing tool. We use it to secure files to send to external partners, send around for edits within the internal team, and to collaborate on multi-team tasks. It's being used by all facets of the organization. I would say the biggest business problem it addresses is the speed in which things can be accomplished. It's much easier for someone to review something on Nitro, maybe attach a few documents, and sign it rather than have to print re-scan, etc.
  • Ability to combine files SEAMLESSLY and order them around as necessary (so underrated)
  • Signing not only for yourself but for others. Helpful for those who have been granted the authority to sign for VPs and directors
  • Much easier to use than some other PDF viewing services
  • There have been times when saving certain figures has been lost, could be made clearer
  • Multi-language support would be helpful! Our teams abroad sometimes struggle with the advanced features that have a lot of prompts
  • Being able to combine multi media files! Emails, PDFs, JPGs, etc. would be really nice.
Well suited for anyone and any company, honestly. It's just one of the tools everyone should have. It would be less appropriate I guess for teams that don't use signing features or who already rely on a cloud software with the same functionality.
Read Ariel Dunay's full review
Francis kimani profile photo
Nitro is very effective for our organization as we deal with a lot of PDF and Word format documents. It is fast and rarely does it have bugs. All the departments in the organization use Nitro on a daily basis. We used to have another application but it was not as essential as Nitro. On purchasing Nitro we have not changed the use of the application since.
  • It is fast
  • Bug free
  • Integrates with other software easily
Nitro is well suited for all organizations dealing with PDF and Word document conversion.
Read Francis kimani's full review
We found this to a more powerful alternative at a lower cost than Acrobat. This gave us a lot of similar functionality, plus more features than Acrobat was offering. The cost was the largest reason we went to this. PDF conversion and e-signature are our most used products in this software.
  • Low cost.
  • E-signature capability.
  • Edit PDFs.
  • Could use a more user-friendly format.
  • Not as well known as competitors.
  • Doesn't offer something completely unique.
This is a great alternative for an SMB company. The cost is fantastic, the features you are looking for are there and a few you may not have known about. If you're looking for a full-blown Acrobat type program, this is an alternative, but if you're using any other Adobe cloud features, I would go with that.
Benjamin E. Jerew profile photo
As a freelance automotive writer, most of my research and writing is done in Microsoft Office, but sometimes I need to interact with PDF files beyond simply reading them. I use Nitro PDF Pro to extract and remix PDFs, as well as publish eBooks and documents I don't want others to edit. Nitro PDF integrates well with Office as an export plugin, and also supports PDF conversion to Excel and Word formats.
  • MS Word Export-to-PDF Plugin can export one page or a hundred pages flawlessly.
  • One-Time Purchase is better for my business' bottom line.
  • Complete PDF suite allows me to do everything I need with PDF files.
  • Buying current version included next major upgrade (When Nitro PDF 11 went to Nitro PDF 12)
  • Familiar MS Office-style UI.
  • OCR doesn't work very well (honestly, does ANY optical character recognition work?)
  • Conversion sometimes results in artifacts and corrupted sections, but on the whole is pretty good.
  • Nitro PDF 11 wasn't very stable, but that seems to have been fixed with Nitro PDF 12
If you only need to publish PDFs, MS Office does it well enough, but a PDF plugin is better. If you only need to read PDFs, you don't need anything more than MS Word or maybe Adobe Acrobat. On the other hand, if you need to extract pages, convert PDFs, or remix PDFs, then you need the features Nitro PDF provides. Nitro works well for my one-man-army, and could be implemented easily into small companies, too. The full Nitro Productivity Suite offers document management across multiple users where collaboration is required.
Read Benjamin E. Jerew's full review
John Plecki profile photo
We use Nitro mainly for the PDF aspects of the suite. In construction it has been an asset when viewing and editing prints and admin has used it regularly when editing contracts.
  • PDF editing for construction - call outs, measurements, line editing, clouding, and many more
  • PDF editing for Admin - moving pages within documents, highlighting and call outs
  • Personally I have used it several times to convert documents
  • Set a default print size
  • Ability to create a size for opening a new document
As a new home builder we have found Nitro to be the perfect choice.
Read John Plecki's full review
We needed a solution to modify PDF files and were looking to initially buy a couple of full version Adobe licenses but when I found out what the cost was for something that really wasn't used all that often I knew I had to look further. In doing research I found Nitro Professional could do everything we needed it to do for a fraction of the cost. We purchased our licenses immediately and began utilizing the product right away.
  • Able to modify PDF files easily without having to stick a lot of money out.
  • Customer service has been good when we needed them.
  • Software was easy to use and I know this because I don't get many calls on it from a support standpoint.
  • The version we have which is a little older had features in odd places such as adding pages to a PDF was kind of buried.
  • Product seems to run a little slow in a Citrix environment. I believe it would run better on a dedicated PC.
  • I'd like for them to try and mimic Adobe more as that seems to be laid out a little better for end user features.
Regardless of features that may be hard to find or missing, for most people, this product is going to meet all expectations that they are needing at a fraction of the cost. We purchased 8 licenses for the same amount as 2 full version Adobe licenses at the time. Price can't be beat.
In my previous role, our organization used Nitro PDF and then Nitro Productivity Suite as our primary PDF creation, editing, and management tool. We owned licenses for just over half of our 150 staff members. Nitro was used for prepping content to be posted online, generating and signing of contracts/agreements and editing historical PDF files where the originals were no longer available.
  • Formatting of PDFs is a strong point. Nitro contains all of the features that my organization needed and is very strong in comparison to Adobe, especially at what was a much lower cost for us.
  • Nitro performs very well with electronic signatures, which allowed me to move my procurement work into the digital space.
  • Securing of PDFs is another feature we used to help ensure that once the files left our control, the message could not be changed.
  • OCR functionality was also very useful to turn an image PDF into editable text.
  • For the on-premises version that we were using, the integration into Microsoft Office applications was not always reliable. Add-ins would lock up occasionally.
  • The software wasn't updated as regularly as I would have liked. Perhaps it didn't need it, but we would usually only be notified of one or two patches per year. That could have been our issue, though.
The only place where I can think that it would be less appropriate is if you are working in an Adobe Creative Cloud shop. If you need tight integration to other Adobe tools, using Nitro won't help you.

It is useful for any other organization that creates, manages and edits PDF documents.
[It's] Being used organization-wide. Made the decision to leverage Nitro as a feature rich and cost reduction effort vs. current investment in Adobe. The product has been well received. Nitro as an organization has a very strong customer support team which has proven valuable in the implementation and adoption of the tool.
  • Modern user interface
  • Easy to use editing functionality
  • Form-based template design is still a bit lacking over Adobe
Strong competitor to Adobe across the board.

About Nitro Productivity Suite

Nitro Productivity Suite combines electronic signature and general PDF editing, from Nitro, Inc. It is built around capabilities such as getting approvals and esignatures in seconds and sharing and reviewing documents from anywhere.

Nitro Productivity Suite Technical Details