Nitro Productivity Suite combines electronic signature and general PDF editing and document management, from Nitro, Inc. It is built around capabilities such as getting approvals and esignatures in seconds and sharing and reviewing documents from anywhere.Nitro PDF is Best for its PriceAs a freelance automotive writer, most of my research and writing is done in Microsoft Office, but sometimes I need to interact with PDF files beyond simply reading them. I use Nitro PDF Pro to extract and remix PDFs, as well as publish eBooks and documents I don't want others to edit. Nitro PDF integrates well with Office as an export plugin, and also supports PDF conversion to Excel and Word formats.,MS Word Export-to-PDF Plugin can export one page or a hundred pages flawlessly. One-Time Purchase is better for my business' bottom line. Complete PDF suite allows me to do everything I need with PDF files. Buying current version included next major upgrade (When Nitro PDF 11 went to Nitro PDF 12) Familiar MS Office-style UI.,OCR doesn't work very well (honestly, does ANY optical character recognition work?) Conversion sometimes results in artifacts and corrupted sections, but on the whole is pretty good. Nitro PDF 11 wasn't very stable, but that seems to have been fixed with Nitro PDF 12,9,Being able to publish beautiful PDF eBooks has given my freelance automotive writing business the edge needed to stand out from the competition. Currently, Nitro is a one-time-purchase software package, better for my business needs than subscription models offered by the competition.,Adobe Acrobat DC,Microsoft Office 2016, Upwork, Toggl, Google Drive, Todoist, QuickBooks Self-Employed, Skype, Slack, UberConference, Wix, Skyword, Freelancer.com, Apache OpenOffice, Microsoft AccessNitro - Powers through PDF managementWe use Nitro mainly for the PDF aspects of the suite. In construction it has been an asset when viewing and editing prints and admin has used it regularly when editing contracts.,PDF editing for construction - call outs, measurements, line editing, clouding, and many more PDF editing for Admin - moving pages within documents, highlighting and call outs Personally I have used it several times to convert documents,Set a default print size Ability to create a size for opening a new document,10,Nitro has been an excellent product at a great value but to quantify the return on invest for a software product such as this is an attainable question.,Adobe Acrobat DC,Constellation ASSET, Microsoft Office 365, SmartsheetNitro Productivity Suite - Full Feature Set at a fraction of the costWe needed a solution to modify PDF files and were looking to initially buy a couple of full version Adobe licenses but when I found out what the cost was for something that really wasn't used all that often I knew I had to look further. In doing research I found Nitro Professional could do everything we needed it to do for a fraction of the cost. We purchased our licenses immediately and began utilizing the product right away.,Able to modify PDF files easily without having to stick a lot of money out. Customer service has been good when we needed them. Software was easy to use and I know this because I don't get many calls on it from a support standpoint.,The version we have which is a little older had features in odd places such as adding pages to a PDF was kind of buried. Product seems to run a little slow in a Citrix environment. I believe it would run better on a dedicated PC. I'd like for them to try and mimic Adobe more as that seems to be laid out a little better for end user features.,10,ROI was very quick as the license costs were so low. We purchased 8 licenses versus the initial 2 we were planning on for Adobe. More people were able to use the product than we initially thought due to low purchase costs. We haven't had any further costs to own the product after the initial purchase. We would need to purchase new licenses if we wanted to upgrade.,,Nimble Storage, VMware ESXi, Microsoft Office 2016Nitro has the features at a great priceIn my previous role, our organization used Nitro PDF and then Nitro Productivity Suite as our primary PDF creation, editing, and management tool. We owned licenses for just over half of our 150 staff members. Nitro was used for prepping content to be posted online, generating and signing of contracts/agreements and editing historical PDF files where the originals were no longer available.,Formatting of PDFs is a strong point. Nitro contains all of the features that my organization needed and is very strong in comparison to Adobe, especially at what was a much lower cost for us. Nitro performs very well with electronic signatures, which allowed me to move my procurement work into the digital space. Securing of PDFs is another feature we used to help ensure that once the files left our control, the message could not be changed. OCR functionality was also very useful to turn an image PDF into editable text.,For the on-premises version that we were using, the integration into Microsoft Office applications was not always reliable. Add-ins would lock up occasionally. The software wasn't updated as regularly as I would have liked. Perhaps it didn't need it, but we would usually only be notified of one or two patches per year. That could have been our issue, though.,10,Nitro provided the features we needed at a very comfortable price for a non-profit organization.,Adobe Acrobat DC,Microsoft Office 365, G Suite, Microsoft Office 2016Nitro - Feature rich and cost competitive PDF editor[It's] Being used organization-wide. Made the decision to leverage Nitro as a feature rich and cost reduction effort vs. current investment in Adobe. The product has been well received. Nitro as an organization has a very strong customer support team which has proven valuable in the implementation and adoption of the tool.,Modern user interface Easy to use editing functionality,Form-based template design is still a bit lacking over Adobe,8,License cost considerably cheaper than Adobe,Adobe Acrobat DC
Nitro Productivity Suite

Nitro Productivity Suite Reviews

Nitro Productivity Suite
Filter 12 vetted Nitro Productivity Suite reviews and ratings
Benjamin E. Jerew profile photo
July 24, 2018

Nitro Productivity Suite Review: "Nitro PDF is Best for its Price"

• MS Word Export-to-PDF Plugin can export one page or a hundred pages flawlessly.
  • One-Time Purchase is better for my business' bottom line.
  • Complete PDF suite allows me to do everything I need with PDF files.
  • Buying current version included next major upgrade (When Nitro PDF 11 went to Nitro PDF 12)
  • Familiar MS Office-style UI.
  • OCR doesn't work very well (honestly, does ANY optical character recognition work?)
  • Conversion sometimes results in artifacts and corrupted sections, but on the whole is pretty good.
  • Nitro PDF 11 wasn't very stable, but that seems to have been fixed with Nitro PDF 12
If you only need to publish PDFs, MS Office does it well enough, but a PDF plugin is better. If you only need to read PDFs, you don't need anything more than MS Word or maybe Adobe Acrobat. On the other hand, if you need to extract pages, convert PDFs, or remix PDFs, then you need the features Nitro PDF provides. Nitro works well for my one-man-army, and could be implemented easily into small companies, too. The full Nitro Productivity Suite offers document management across multiple users where collaboration is required.
Read Benjamin E. Jerew's full review
John Plecki profile photo
July 26, 2018

Nitro Productivity Suite Review: "Nitro - Powers through PDF management"

• PDF editing for construction - call outs, measurements, line editing, clouding, and many more
  • PDF editing for Admin - moving pages within documents, highlighting and call outs
  • Personally I have used it several times to convert documents
  • Set a default print size
  • Ability to create a size for opening a new document
As a new home builder we have found Nitro to be the perfect choice.
Read John Plecki's full review
July 31, 2018

Review: "Nitro Productivity Suite - Full Feature Set at a fraction of the cost"

• Able to modify PDF files easily without having to stick a lot of money out.
  • Customer service has been good when we needed them.
  • Software was easy to use and I know this because I don't get many calls on it from a support standpoint.
  • The version we have which is a little older had features in odd places such as adding pages to a PDF was kind of buried.
  • Product seems to run a little slow in a Citrix environment. I believe it would run better on a dedicated PC.
  • I'd like for them to try and mimic Adobe more as that seems to be laid out a little better for end user features.
Regardless of features that may be hard to find or missing, for most people, this product is going to meet all expectations that they are needing at a fraction of the cost. We purchased 8 licenses for the same amount as 2 full version Adobe licenses at the time. Price can't be beat.
July 20, 2018

Nitro Productivity Suite Review: "Nitro has the features at a great price"

• Formatting of PDFs is a strong point. Nitro contains all of the features that my organization needed and is very strong in comparison to Adobe, especially at what was a much lower cost for us.
  • Nitro performs very well with electronic signatures, which allowed me to move my procurement work into the digital space.
  • Securing of PDFs is another feature we used to help ensure that once the files left our control, the message could not be changed.
  • OCR functionality was also very useful to turn an image PDF into editable text.
  • For the on-premises version that we were using, the integration into Microsoft Office applications was not always reliable. Add-ins would lock up occasionally.
  • The software wasn't updated as regularly as I would have liked. Perhaps it didn't need it, but we would usually only be notified of one or two patches per year. That could have been our issue, though.
The only place where I can think that it would be less appropriate is if you are working in an Adobe Creative Cloud shop. If you need tight integration to other Adobe tools, using Nitro won't help you.

It is useful for any other organization that creates, manages and edits PDF documents.
July 24, 2018

Nitro Productivity Suite Review: "Nitro - Feature rich and cost competitive PDF editor"

• Modern user interface
  • Easy to use editing functionality
  • Form-based template design is still a bit lacking over Adobe
Strong competitor to Adobe across the board.

Nitro Productivity Suite Scorecard Summary