Score 9.2 out of 10

What is Node.js?

Node.js is an open source, asynchronous event-driven JavaScript runtime, Node.js is designed to build scalable network applications.

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Node.js, and make your voice heard!

3 people want pricing too

What is Oracle Java SE Subscription?

Oracle Java SE Subscription combines license and support into a subscription to enable users to manage Java SE installations, updates and upgrades across the enterprise. The former Java SE Advanced, Java SE Advanced Desktop, and Java SE Suite products have transitioned to a Java SE Subscriptions.…

What is App Builder?

App Builder - Design and Build Real Apps Fast The brand-new App Builder aims to provide design and development teams with a solution to help them deliver apps quickly and efficiently, without losing focus on UX. Users can start an app from scratch or choose from a library of pre-built app templates…

Node.js Technical Details

Attribute Ratings

We use Node.js to develop a single-page app like chat applications, chat boat, etc as a backend, which is widely using in our organization with this we are managing both frontends as well as backend with the help of javascript.it really provides a smooth user experience for users for multiple requests without any delay.
Node.js is used for developing the backend of my current organization's ongoing product. Node.js is not used by the complete organization but only the backend developer team. Our current product needed a multi-tenancy (concurrency) feature which is developed using Node.js only. Also, our product's frontend was written in javascript so to match the language Node.js was used and other problems like fast performance of product, scalability, non-blocking event-driven architecture, etc. were solved.
Node.js is my absolute favorite tech stack to work with, I learnt it at a time when I was burnt out and bored with .NET after having been in the Microsoft world for most of my career. Even with .NET Core around, I still prefer Node.js to anything else. Node is robust and fast, it delivers on everything it promises, it is the back bone of many services at my organization and used across all departments. When you get something like Node.js for free and it is such a pleasure to work with, all you can say is that it's contribution to the organization is priceless.
Tanay Arora | TrustRadius Reviewer
Node.js is used by me and my department for making backend of many web projects. We use it ideally for making backend of projects in which we have to serve data dynamically to webpages. We also use it mostly for designing backend API and for making web applications with backend and frontend in the same directory.
In our organization Node is used for backend application development. We have several applications that manage communication between end users and Facebook Messenger. We use weebhooks and express.js package to manage this. As alternative we could use Python but Node was better choice for us. Mainly because of its simplicity and many additional packages with ready to use addons. Moreover we have few JS dev on board so it was easier to develop apps.