Reviews (1-3 of 3)
August 27, 2019
Score 6 out of 10
We are currently using Novatime across our whole organization. In one department, we have it set up as a kiosk for employees to punch in and out during their shifts as an electronic timecard. The nice thing is that we can put in our own schedules for employees and it will match up their actual hours to their scheduled hours. In another department, employees are able to put in the number of hours they work per day and Novatime calculates the hours per week and/or pay period. Another department of salaried employees does not need to enter hours at all as Novatime will fill in the salaried hours; nevertheless, it does give the employees a chance to edit hours for PTO request and/or holiday hours.
- It has some really nice scheduling features that allow managers to see the difference between hours expected to work and actual hours worked as well as overtime, absences, and non-scheduled shifts.
- There are easy ways you can transfer a manager's caseload/employees to another manager temporarily if that person is going to be out of the office for an extended period of time without giving away too much personal information - just what would be needed for payroll or time off requests (this can be customized by your administrator).
- The program itself can be customized in many different ways to meet the needs of the company/organization that it is working with.
- The charts/graphs on the new homepage are somewhat helpful and link to useful information.
- You cannot write your own reports. All of the reports are canned ones and if you want one that is not included, you have to go through their design team and pay for it to be added to the list.
- Since they have "upgraded" their tabs and added things to their pages, their site has slowed down and it takes much longer for some of their pages to load because of the amount of information that is now stored on each of their individual pages. It is nice to have all that information on one page, but it does take longer for it to come up.
- The scheduling system is set up for organizations that have set schedules and/or multiple people on the same schedule (i.e. 3 people who work 9-3; 5 people who work 3-7; 4 people who work 4-11). If you have only one person who works each individual shift, the scheduling feature is not as helpful. It still works to show actual vs. worked hours and such; however, it will not work as easily to help fill in missing spots if one of your employees is on leave and/or absent.
Read Jennifer Steffens's full review
I believe that Novatime would be well suited for a business that has multiple people working the same or similar shifts. I would think that such places like a fast-food restaurant, hotel/hospitality industry, movie theater, and/or retail store would be a place where something like this would be a place where this software might flourish. In small businesses who have personalized care settings and jobs where the hours may change from day to day, I would recommend this particular timekeeping software.
October 22, 2019
Score 10 out of 10
I am the lead trainer for clients using Novatime products for all types of businesses.
Read Adam Bander's full review
The product can be modified to use in all types of businesses, manufacturing, health care, and everything in between. This software can be used for labor tracking, employee hour verification.
December 01, 2017
Score 9 out of 10
The timekeeper is extremely configurable and meet and exceeds the needs of any setup. It's easy to use and handles even the most complex organization's policies.
Read Karen Halladay SPHR, SHRM-SCP, CCP, CTM's full review
Ascentis Timekeeper is very well suited for organizations with highly complex configurations. Less useful for very small organizations.
Novatime Scorecard Summary
Novatime Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Novatime Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web|
|Supported Countries:||United States, Canada, Mexico, China|