Nutshell offers a CRM with contact management, calendar sync, click-to-call, and collaboration features.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/iF/PC/0OZ3C952SUKX.PNGNutshell: one of the best CRMs availableAt my recommendation, Nutshell has been used by at least five of my consulting clients for managing a sales process, pipeline, and customer/prospect records. Nutshell was used primarily in the sales departments, but also mixed sometimes with the marketing teams who needed to run email campaigns or pull customer information from Nutshell. Nutshell is a comprehensive and easy way to get a team ramped up on the sales process. It's simple and easy to get teams going quickly and following procedures and being productive. You don't have to waste a lot of time on training, set-up, or management.,Viewing the Leads list is great. Viewing it as a list, or in a visual format on a Board is very helpful. The filters are also awesome for creating custom views into your Leads and only focusing on specific segments at a time. Nutshell makes it very easy to reach out to contacts on a regular basis. With reminders, scheduling, and email templates, it's truly a piece of cake to make this all happen. Nutshell's mobile app is also very nice. It doesn't allow you to do everything, but walking to work every day, I'm able to see at a single glance what needs to get done, and also to make phone calls and outreach with just a click.,Although Nutshell has a nice duplicate-finding feature, it only does this *after* data has been imported. It could be better at finding, removing, or merging duplicates during import. I wish there was more flexibility in adding our own products to the system. We have some complex subscription products and they don't always fit into the fields that Nutshell allows.,10,Strong ROI in terms of being able to get going quickly on sales and focus on what matters most.,PipelineDeals CRM, SalesforceIQ CRM and Salesforce.com,Trello, Dashlane, Google DriveGreat, easy to use CRM with fast and easy start-upWe are using Nutshell as our CRM for the sales team here at SCS. It's used by 4 people in whole, and it helps us keep ourselves organized when we're not in the office. Our previous CRM was installed locally and had minimal remote access, so having a fully web-based CRM was a huge help for us!,Plenty of functionality without becoming a chore to set up and maintain. Remote access via a browser. Mobile app (iOS and Android). Cross-platform (PC or Mac) support.,The integration with Google Calendar is great, but every now and then I'll end up with duplicate entries. Advanced searching is available, but doesn't always provide 100% accurate results.,9,Nutshell's mobility has provided significant ROI for me since we've started using the CRM. I've been able to provide immediate feedback to clients, schedule meetings from the field with confidence, and much more. Nutshell's tagging features have helped us craft custom mailing/email lists. We struggled to do this in the past.,GoldMineGreat CRM for Small Sales TeamsWe use it to manage our sales funnel and followup schedule. The sales department uses it the most but we sometimes utilize it to store client information. It centralizes our sales efforts into one location with all relevant information attached.,It is very customizable. I was able to go in and tinker with our Lead Stages as often as needed which meant our business could really utilize the functions of Nutshell in the best way for us. I love the Dashboard timeline because I can go through any bcc@nutshell emails and correctly categorize, tag, and attach them to leads without having to involve other sales people. I also like that you can attach products to your leads and assign them monetary values. While we only sell services, it is great to be able to name the product whatever you choose and individually assign a dollar amount per each opportunity.,I would love to see the timeline bar be able to fill my whole dashboard screen. I would love to see tags carry over between companies and people that are synced together.,7,It took awhile for me to get up to speed in setting it up for our sales goals. It has integrations but not as many as other sales CRMs. There is no way to document text message exchanges with leads or video calls.,,Acuity Scheduling, AutopilotIn a Nutshell.... Why I love Nutshell CRM!The company I work for uses Nutshell to input candidate demographics for use in the Staffing/ recruiting industry. This software is one of the essential tools for this business. Nutshell CRM has made the process more fluid and accurate. We are able to locate candidates with the software by location, and industry . Searching by keyword is also very easy. The tools provided by Nutshell keep our records up to date. Most of our departments utilize this software, to access and follow up with candidates. If information is put in and current , dashboard will give accurate status update on how we are doing as far as leads and time executed. Nutshell gives ease of use and saves time on research. Since using nutshell there has been at least 3-4 updates on software , which has always given some level of improvements. Really enjoy the software , easy to use and once you are competant of the software any updates or changes to format will be easy to understand .,Keyword search, location search lets you know where on the map your account is, helps with follow ups, sends notifications via email at least 15 to 30 mins ahead of time, like that. :) I love that i don't even have to read , to know what is going on . Everything is color coded, email blue, notes yellow/orange, calls white. We can track our progress easily for the day, and see where we can use improvements. Completely organized like a filing system. Home page lets you see real time view of what you have been doing, for example, calls that were made, who you called and any notes left and if emails were sent, date, time and location you sent to is updated almost instantly For any company who relies heavily on lead generation, this is a software that will keep track of past present and future leads. by location, by industry, by volume, and more. I can see this software being used by other industries,I would like to see call times on nutshell. how long was the call that was made , when was athe note opened and how long did it take ot complete the note. i like that i can reach notifications on any page , but i would like to be able to have more bullets for contat information. for example 1 account and 12 possible contacts can be made but when creating a lead wont show all the contacts (on the drop down contact bar on leads pages) so i can create lead, So have to go back delete some contacts then back to leads page so i can pull up the lead and save. when scheduling activity on accounts page i cant leave notes for what to do on the activity on the schedule activity window. only on the notes part of account , so when i am notified of the activiy via email i have to search m y notes to see what i was supposed to call for. A drop down box for schedule activity i would like to see more options, like follow up / check in etc I think it would be cool to have a note pop up with relevant info that can be saved to specific accounts on account page by just hovering over the account. for example, instead of saving information on the accounts name (Company Name , # No longer in service /closed down) it would be nice to hover over it and save information about the company so i dont have to click on it to see whats going on, or see an account with a name thats like 20 words long :0 It makes it harder to do key word search, that would be great if the same thing could be done for conctacts without having to scroll through a year's worth of notes. still like it a lot even without the change. just fyi,10,I do not have access to that information,Nutshell reviewWe use Nutshell to track and manage our sales process, both for software and professional services. It is used primarily by customer-facing staff throughout our team. It allows us to track communication with customers/prospects, and gives us an easy handle on the stage of a sales opportunity.,The ability to simply capture any emails to/from a contact is extremely easy. Simply BCC the Nutshell email address and it sorts it out and attaches the information to the contact. This makes it easy to do from a phone or tablet (as it doesn't require an add-in to Outlook like several other solutions). The reporting is simple but effective. The "custom reporting" is basically a big filter that is pretty useful. Other nice touches are the ability to hook in a contacts Twitter feed. Nutshell also displays the weather and local time for whoever you are viewing. The dashboard makes it easy to see what the rest of your team is doing. It's basically an activity stream that shows communication and status changes that have occurred recently. You can comment on any of these activity items and start an internal dialog with your colleagues. For example, you can tag a coworker in a comment and they will be notified. You can then capture your comments/dialog for a permanent record to remind you of the conversation.,The web UI has improved, but still has a "uniqueness" that some may not appreciate. The Android app is nice, and the reporting available within it are helpful. However, it too has a sort of "non-standard' look and feel. It would be nice to see additional integrations. Also, the ability to send a quote from the tool (without sending to another program) would be helpful. You can add custom fields to the leads, but they field length is too short to capture the level of detail we want for some of the data. For example, trying to capture details scoping information just won't fit in the long-fields.,9,We feel that we are more efficient using this CRM than we have been with others. It is quick and simple to use, and the BCC email feature means that we can easily capture communications whether from a phone or desktop. We still need to find a way to manage contracts (not contacts, contRacts). Heavier CRMs have this capability, but it isn't present here. This is a tool for the sales process, but it would be nice to have more customer-retention capabilities.,Microsoft Dynamics CRM
Nutshell CRM

Nutshell Reviews

Nutshell
Filter 11 vetted Nutshell reviews and ratings

Andrew Bank profile photo
April 10, 2019

Review: "Nutshell: one of the best CRMs available"

• Viewing the Leads list is great. Viewing it as a list, or in a visual format on a Board is very helpful. The filters are also awesome for creating custom views into your Leads and only focusing on specific segments at a time.
  • Nutshell makes it very easy to reach out to contacts on a regular basis. With reminders, scheduling, and email templates, it's truly a piece of cake to make this all happen.
  • Nutshell's mobile app is also very nice. It doesn't allow you to do everything, but walking to work every day, I'm able to see at a single glance what needs to get done, and also to make phone calls and outreach with just a click.
  • Although Nutshell has a nice duplicate-finding feature, it only does this *after* data has been imported. It could be better at finding, removing, or merging duplicates during import.
  • I wish there was more flexibility in adding our own products to the system. We have some complex subscription products and they don't always fit into the fields that Nutshell allows.
Great for small to medium-sized teams, without having to manage the system and always mess with it (like Salesforce). I really can't think of any reason why *not* to use Nutshell other than having a very large team with many territories and sales restrictions. Implementations like that are doable on Nutshell, but probably require more administrative handling and more time to devote (probably not unlike any other CRM tool).
Read Andrew Bank's full review
Phil Curtolo profile photo
April 06, 2019

Nutshell Review: "Great, easy to use CRM with fast and easy start-up"

• Plenty of functionality without becoming a chore to set up and maintain.
  • Remote access via a browser.
  • Mobile app (iOS and Android).
  • Cross-platform (PC or Mac) support.
  • The integration with Google Calendar is great, but every now and then I'll end up with duplicate entries.
  • Advanced searching is available, but doesn't always provide 100% accurate results.
Nutshell is well-suited for small to mid-sized organizations who need a robust and straightforward CRM, but don't want to spend weeks setting up, configuring, and maintaining a system like SalesForce. I've found that we've been able to do everything we need to do (and more) with Nutshell, and I continue to find new features being added regularly to enhance an already great product.
Read Phil Curtolo's full review
July 31, 2018

Nutshell Review: "Great CRM for Small Sales Teams"

• It is very customizable. I was able to go in and tinker with our Lead Stages as often as needed which meant our business could really utilize the functions of Nutshell in the best way for us.
  • I love the Dashboard timeline because I can go through any bcc@nutshell emails and correctly categorize, tag, and attach them to leads without having to involve other sales people.
  • I also like that you can attach products to your leads and assign them monetary values. While we only sell services, it is great to be able to name the product whatever you choose and individually assign a dollar amount per each opportunity.
  • I would love to see the timeline bar be able to fill my whole dashboard screen.
  • I would love to see tags carry over between companies and people that are synced together.
It is easy to use and really customizable once you get the hang of it!
Catherine Corass profile photo
January 30, 2015

Review: "In a Nutshell.... Why I love Nutshell CRM!"

• Keyword search, location search lets you know where on the map your account is, helps with follow ups, sends notifications via email at least 15 to 30 mins ahead of time, like that. :) I love that i don't even have to read , to know what is going on . Everything is color coded, email blue, notes yellow/orange, calls white. We can track our progress easily for the day, and see where we can use improvements. Completely organized like a filing system.
  • Home page lets you see real time view of what you have been doing, for example, calls that were made, who you called and any notes left and if emails were sent, date, time and location you sent to is updated almost instantly
  • For any company who relies heavily on lead generation, this is a software that will keep track of past present and future leads. by location, by industry, by volume, and more. I can see this software being used by other industries
  • I would like to see call times on nutshell. how long was the call that was made , when was athe note opened and how long did it take ot complete the note. i like that i can reach notifications on any page , but i would like to be able to have more bullets for contat information. for example 1 account and 12 possible contacts can be made but when creating a lead wont show all the contacts (on the drop down contact bar on leads pages) so i can create lead, So have to go back delete some contacts then back to leads page so i can pull up the lead and save.
  • when scheduling activity on accounts page i cant leave notes for what to do on the activity on the schedule activity window. only on the notes part of account , so when i am notified of the activiy via email i have to search m y notes to see what i was supposed to call for.
  • A drop down box for schedule activity i would like to see more options, like follow up / check in etc
  • I think it would be cool to have a note pop up with relevant info that can be saved to specific accounts on account page by just hovering over the account. for example, instead of saving information on the accounts name (Company Name , # No longer in service /closed down) it would be nice to hover over it and save information about the company so i dont have to click on it to see whats going on, or see an account with a name thats like 20 words long :0 It makes it harder to do key word search, that would be great if the same thing could be done for conctacts without having to scroll through a year's worth of notes. still like it a lot even without the change. just fyi
This can be used for different industries, healthcare, IT, retail or any company with a customer service line, big or small.
if i had to ask, i would say "Do you have any type of filing system that you use?" "anything where you are keeping track of personal/ business information." Do you need access to information on a day to day basis?
If they do , then this can be used , especially if you need to keep track of the numbers; we like how we can see if are things going up or down.
Read Catherine Corass's full review
Michael Burnham profile photo
February 03, 2015

"Nutshell review"

• The ability to simply capture any emails to/from a contact is extremely easy. Simply BCC the Nutshell email address and it sorts it out and attaches the information to the contact. This makes it easy to do from a phone or tablet (as it doesn't require an add-in to Outlook like several other solutions).
  • The reporting is simple but effective. The "custom reporting" is basically a big filter that is pretty useful. Other nice touches are the ability to hook in a contacts Twitter feed. Nutshell also displays the weather and local time for whoever you are viewing.
  • The dashboard makes it easy to see what the rest of your team is doing. It's basically an activity stream that shows communication and status changes that have occurred recently. You can comment on any of these activity items and start an internal dialog with your colleagues. For example, you can tag a coworker in a comment and they will be notified. You can then capture your comments/dialog for a permanent record to remind you of the conversation.
  • The web UI has improved, but still has a "uniqueness" that some may not appreciate. The Android app is nice, and the reporting available within it are helpful. However, it too has a sort of "non-standard' look and feel.
  • It would be nice to see additional integrations. Also, the ability to send a quote from the tool (without sending to another program) would be helpful.
  • You can add custom fields to the leads, but they field length is too short to capture the level of detail we want for some of the data. For example, trying to capture details scoping information just won't fit in the long-fields.
In my evaluation and selection of Nutshell, I was drawn in by the fact that it straddles the gap between overly-simple and overly-complex. It has a configurable sales process and some great features, yet it is pretty simple to use and understand. The alternatives of MSCRM and SalesForce throw so many features at you that are difficult to configure. Nutshell seems to live in the "good enough without being overly complicated" space.
Read Michael Burnham's full review

Nutshell Scorecard Summary

Customer data management / contact management (5)
Workflow management (5)
Territory management (3)
Opportunity management (4)
Integration with email client (e.g., Outlook or Gmail) (5)
Quote & order management (3)
Interaction tracking (5)
Channel / partner relationship management (1)
Case management (2)
Call center management (2)
Lead management (5)
Customizable reports (5)
Custom fields (5)
Custom objects (3)
Scripting environment (1)
API for custom integration (3)
Single sign-on capability (1)
Role-based user permissions (1)
Social data (4)
4.1
Social engagement (1)
Marketing automation (1)
Compensation management (1)
Mobile access (5)

About Nutshell

Nutshell aims to offer CRM software that’s simple for small businesses to use, solving the challenge from which most CRMs suffer: motivating sales teams to embrace the product. According to the vendor, the CRM solution makes it easy for outbound sales teams to do important things quickly, offering intuitive sales process and collaboration tools, powerful out-of-the-the-box reporting, email sync with Google Apps/Gmail and Office/Outlook, and much more in an affordable, user-friendly package.

Nutshell offers a wide range of integrations with popular business tools like Google Apps, MailChimp, and Zendesk, and friendly support from real human beings. Nutshell is best-suited for small-business outbound sales teams that are looking for an affordable, easy-to-use CRM that can be fully implemented on Day 1.

Nutshell Features

Sales Force Automation Features
Has featureCustomer data management / contact management
Has featureWorkflow management
Has featureTerritory management
Has featureOpportunity management
Has featureIntegration with email client (e.g., Outlook or Gmail)
Does not have featureContract management
Has featureQuote & order management
Has featureInteraction tracking
Does not have featureChannel / partner relationship management
Customer Service & Support Features
Has featureCase management
Has featureCall center management
Does not have featureHelp desk management
Marketing Automation Features
Has featureLead management
Has featureEmail marketing
CRM Project Management Features
Has featureTask management
Does not have featureBilling and invoicing management
Has featureReporting
CRM Reporting & Analytics Features
Has featureForecasting
Has featurePipeline visualization
Has featureCustomizable reports
Customization Features
Has featureCustom fields
Has featureCustom objects
Does not have featureScripting environment
Has featureAPI for custom integration
Security Features
Does not have featureRole-based user permissions
Does not have featureSingle sign-on capability
Social CRM Features
Has featureSocial data
Does not have featureSocial engagement
Integrations with 3rd-party Software Features
Does not have featureMarketing automation
Does not have featureCompensation management
Platform Features
Has featureMobile access

Nutshell Integrations

Microsoft Exchange, Mailchimp, Zendesk, Olark, Google Drive, PandaDoc, Google Apps, Gmail, Outlook, Twitter

Nutshell Competitors