Nuvi helps to bring real-time conversations to life! Without it, we'd be making less informed decisions about our client's social business, content direction and overall strategy.
We're able to quickly and easily create profiles, which allow us to monitor client (and even competitor) intel with a granular focus.
Custom reporting allows our team to create interactive, accurate, and detailed PDF reports that are easy to share with your clients, executives and team.
Mobile alerts allow our team to stay connected on the go. Customize text or email alerts to notify you of important developments (crises).
- There are many great features that we like about NUVI. We initially purchased this tool just for listening/monitoring but have learned to do so much more with it.
- I really enjoy the "stream" feature and love the reports that NUVI creates.
- The dashboards for each monitor is also very easy and friendly to use.
- Sentiment can be very inaccurate which reflects poorly in our reports but we've learned that this can be easily corrected. We have a specific way of reporting to our clients and NUVI doesn't include all the basic metrics such as follower growth and top performing posts so we still need to use other tools to pull that information.
- Getting the right keywords combinations and syntax + structure can be tough, especially when you are trying to be lean and focused with the number of mentions you are processing each month. The good news is, their team is there to help you craft those and they are very forgiving on temporary overages.
- Historical data does not pull Facebook/Instagram data (only Twitter). Needs to include all social channels.
- Easy to use interface; set up monitors and go
- Compelling visuals & ability to export PDF reports
- Multiple monitors on one account vs. having to set up different accounts per client/monitor
- Responsive to customer service inquiries
- Ability to access training/tools to fully understand the tool's capabilities
- Limitations of working in NUVI in other browsers outside of Chrome
- Social media listening
- Content publishing, scheduling, and posting
- Strategic social media decision making for our industry
- None that I can think of - every issue I had with Nuvi they fixed within three months of me signing up for the program
- Aggregate analytics reports
- Calendar view of scheduled posts
- Post to multiple platforms
- Can be glitchy
- Color pallet is dark some users do not like it
- No spell check in posting
- Setup of monitors confusing for basic users
- No backup of scheduled posts if platform crashes
- Advanced Twitter search (any terms , handles, hashtags, or URLs)
- Detailed analysis of search results (sentiment, categorization, emotion, rough reach/spread of each)
- Visualization of mention volume and geography
- There are various quirks and bugs that become apparent as you use the tool more. Nothing that completely ruins the experience, but they can be nagging.
- It didn't seem to pull in every use of some particular Instagram hashtags that we were tracking. Instagram reported a good bit more than NUVI did.
- Better historical data (for collection and prediction). Currently it can pull from the last 30 days of Twitter data, which can give you some idea of volume moving forward, but in some cases it's a vast underestimate for the actual volume you'll get from all data sources. Also, if you're looking for previous mentions of your search terms beyond 30 days, then you're out of luck.
- Social listening is great! Pulls all info, has a variety of options that can be included into the monitor (you can have unlimited monitors, but are limited to a set number of mentions), and monitors can be easily paused and edited. Great for quick, flexible situations and they are thorough.
- Customer service is great! I've never had a bad experience with vendor reps, but our NUVI rep was great. Consistently check-in with relevant info for our clients, demonstrating he monitored our pages to stay up-to-date and thought about optimizations that sometimes my team hadn't considered. Also, flexible. He made himself available.
- Reporting is nice. There are more thorough reports out there, but it does a good job of compiling the info from the monitors and providing some high level information on your social channels. A good thing to add to existing reports. Our team regularly used the visuals generated from these.
- Personally, I felt like Instagram-specific features were missing. Now that profiles are more private and Facebook owns the platform, I understand how much harder it is to pull mentions. However, I would've liked to see more Instagram functionality incorporated.
- There is a daily mention limit. If you have monitors with a high mention count, apparently the platform stops counting mentions after a certain amount and will pick it up the next day. It never made sense to me and we ran into some issues with this. They were, however, quick to fix these.
- Reporting feature allows you to build unique, detailed reports based on your preferences
- Social stream allows you to see updates in real time and has a very attractive view
- Customer service is always helpful, responsive, and attentive
- Dashboard is very inviting and appealing
- Search feature can sometimes not pull accurate results or any results at all
Pros of using NUVI:
- I have had no trouble with their customer service, and our account manager is helpful and understands what we need to do. She doesn't push us to spend more if we their solution is not the right one for us.
- Being able to preview mentions before pulling lets us preemptively block unrelated mentions.
- The dashboard provides a lot of useful information, and you can always extract more details such as top keywords and sentiment analysis.
- The reports you can pull from the platform has its own uses and has been helpful in giving more context to our own crafted reports.
Some improvements can be made, however:
- It is a bit tedious to weed through non-related mentions that get pulled in or to change sentiment in bulk.
- Their updates are not as frequent as some other online platforms I have used and don't always include updates about suggestions we made.
- Brandi, our account manager, has been very helpful so far. She knows that we mostly use the social listening for ad-hoc reports and less often for continuous listening, so she informs us but doesn't push new features if they are not appropriate for that purpose.
- We have been able to make cleaner mention pulls with the mention previews. For example, we noticed some strange keywords being used around a certain celebrity that we wanted to research (they were coming to Broadway in a musical). We noticed that there were random diet-related mentions that used this celebrity's Twitter handle for bigger awareness. We blocked that and a few other unrelated mentions before pulling the data.
- It would be nice to have a more aggregate way to delete unrelated mentions and change sentiment on mislabeled mentions. Right now, you have to scroll through the "Back" and "Next" pages to look at different time ranges, and it can take a long time to clear them all.
- One thing that we suggested a while ago but never got an update on was to be able to change sentiment/delete mentions from a specific time. We noticed that during one of our ad-hoc projects, there was a big pocket of unrelated mentions in one particular evening. Instead of being able to lump these mentions together and delete them, we had to do the above method of searching for these mentions and deleting a few at a time.
- Social Media Conversation tracking - thorough and solid reporting
- Influencer Tracking - a key metric and surprisingly useful
- Customer Service - my client representative Brandi blew the doors off! Every time I needed her, she was responsive and creative with solutions
- Accurately identifying targets who share the same name, but are different entities.
- More thorough Facebook reporting
- More customized reports
I'm primarily using NUVI for the following:
* Brand monitoring
* Tracking shifts in sentiment as a means of measuring creative effectiveness
* Audience profiling
* Influencer identification
* Influencer ranking
* Channel monitoring
- Dashboards - The standard dashboards are very client friendly. I initially starting using NUVI as a tool I platform I can easily project in my clients' social offices.
- Reports - Out of all the social listening tools, NUVI has the best standard report templates and the best customization options. I've been able to shorten our weekly social listening reporting process from hours to just a few minutes.
- Boolean - NUVI has the easiest Boolean builder of any social listening platform. For those not accustomed to building blocks of Boolean, NUVI has a few fields to fill out that will do it for you. In a few hours, I've trained interns to build rather complex Boolean [searches] that used to require experienced analysts.
- Live Mention Stream - For real time activations, nobody can beat NUVI's real time stream. Down to the second, I've used NUVI to effectively run Super Bowl parties, live Twitter chats and event surprise and delight campaigns.
- Facebook - NUVI is one of the only platforms offering private Facebook data!! 'Nuff said.
- In general, the flexibility of the platform is fantastic. I've been able to easily create monitors for keywords, monitors that track a list of specified handles, influencer identification, been able to pick out markets most important to brand based on conversation density, and easily create charts comparing the volume and sentiment of conversation around 100 influencers on a week to week basis. In my experience there are no other tools that can handle this breadth of activity (especially access to private Facebook data), especially within the price point.
- Monitor Management - It can be difficult to nest monitors into projects and then easily administer those projects. Additionally, there are few tools for changing a large number of monitors at once.
- Historical Data - NUVI doesn't offer much but this is more of an industry issue as most social platforms don't provide easy access to their historical data.
- Browser support - NUVI works much better on Chrome than Firefox.
- Good idea in theory
- If it worked as well as they say and didn't require so much work, it may be beneficial
- Looks nice
- I dislike that they don't send invoices at all before you are charged and if you try to access invoices in your account, don't worry you can't because they don't exist there.
- I dislike that we were told we had a 30-day no-contract trial that wasn't even long enough to build up enough useful data to see if it was even worth the $300/mo they charge. Not only that, we are such a small company with so low of mentions it has been COMPLETELY useless. They don't care, they just want your money. And because we emailed them a few days after the 30 day trial (including weekends) they "talked to their lawyers" and "the lawyers" just couldn't let us out of the contract. How desperate are they that they need our $300/mo if they have such large companies on board that they brag about on their website?
- I also dislike how there is no useful way to engage with Instagram. If you have 1,000 bubbles of engagement you have to click them all individually and change the color to know what you have even checked or not checked. It is tedious, time consuming, and a complete waste of time. I don't even know how large companies manage this because of how much work it is.
- Monitors are hard to set up, you have to specify and narrow down SO much just to tailor it to what you need. You can't be too broad, but you can't be too specific. They will ask to set up calls all day to waste your time just telling you all the work you need to do to get it right.
- ZERO benefits. We are too small of a company and it is completely useless. They didn't have any sympathy for our less than 100 mentions a day and have bound us to the contract anyway. Cell phone providers don't even lock you into contracts any more. I think they are extremely desperate for money.
- Powerful graphing capabilities
- Multiple targets for brands or topics
- Great onboarding and ongoing team support to help users get up to speed with a very powerful toolset
- It is a very robust toolset once you learn the language and how to exclude content that isn't a fit. It could be a little more intuitive.
- Their annual agreements seem to be an outdated concept in the current internet SaaS world.
- Most appropriate for larger businesses and agencies monitoring brand sentiment.
- Less appropriate for small businesses with low traffic levels.
At a later time, we may come back to this tool but we found it was beyond our needs at the time and far more powerful than we needed for serving our current client base.
Review: "NUVI: Easily the most intuitive piece of visual software, backed by some magical geniuses I've used TO DATE!"
- Account management: Amber, my sensational, informative, creative, personable, business savvy Nuvi rep is some sort of magical fairy woman sent to me from the depths of internet wisdom.
- I cannot express how great the customer service is at this company. With me from the very start, having a Nuvi rep by my side has made a huge difference in my understanding of the product as a whole. Not only have I been able to create intuitive, specific monitors, but the leads we found helped us build our entire community.
- The visualizations, particularly in the stream view are INSANELY intuitive. Putting data into a visual format makes it easy to understand, easy and almost FUN to interact with, and easy to analyze, read and access for social strategy. Totally what sold me on the product in the first place:)
- I'm sure there are places, but I'm quite content for now:)
- Creating reports is SO easy! You determine a time range and click a button. They're very editable and you can choose what information to include (more detailed for teammates; top level points for executives).
- Their customer support is among the best I've ever experienced. They reply quickly when I have a question, and are excellent at making sure users understand the full capabilities of the tool (to maximize value).
- Nuvi gives you a easy-to-read clear picture of the conversations around your brand online.
- They don't yet have a good way of showing Share of Voice.
- Nuvi could improve by providing better graphics in their reports - and granting the ability to grab sections to include in presentations.
- Combines visuals and data so it's easy to understand.
- Allows for deep dives into social media data.
- Easy to make customized reports.
- Initially it can look a bit daunting but the tutorials and training really helped answer any questions.
- Social listening.
- Facebook user analytics through their Audiences tool.
- I would like the see the sentiment tool have learning capabilities.
- I wish the editing of dashboards would auto-update the others.
- Provides us with key influencers who are participating in targeted social conversations allowing us to jump into the conversation.
- Allows you to view and measure positive sentiment and negative sentiment providing you the ability to speak up real-time and shift the conversation and drives sales/ROI.
- Real time monitor of the social space from trends/hashtags, influencers and regions AND the ability to jump in and chat it up
- Additional add-on features does not sit right. For example, you fall in love with the platform and feel you are monitoring Facebook correctly to then be told there is a new tool available with better analytics at an additional $50+ cost. Feels a bit like bait and switch. I understand they are just trying to monetize things better, but it just does not feel right.
- Integrate a bulk loader for content to load mass automate content.
- Provide content suggestions for campaigns.
We use NUVI for social media monitoring, analytics and reporting. I really think we are helping some of our clients realize gaps in their social media activity. NUVI also helps our clients stay abreast of the most recent conversation surrounding their brand. It is beneficial to not really wonder what people are saying on social media - that uncertainty is remedied by simply creating a monitor in NUVI.
- There are many "best" things about NUVI. One, the intelligence of the platform has given us an opportunity to serve our clients in a more in-depth way.
- The information in the reports is invaluable with either long-term or short-term campaigns.
- The convenience of NUVI in being able to tailor alerts so specifically is useful for us, so we can be sure we are always updated with the latest information on a monitor.
- Something I dislike is the inability to generate the total reach of negative mentions in a report. There is a back door way to do this though, which is helpful.
- Excellent visualization of social media news streams.
- Comprehensive coverage of multiple social media platforms.
- Excellent support.
- Unless you work with it on a regular basis, NUVI can seem complicated to set up and modify.
- The customer service is absolutely fantastic. We love that they are willing to get on the phone to help setup monitors to make sure we get the information we are looking for. The visual reporting including a quick to scan sentiment map make analyzing for our clients super easy.
- Haven't found anything yet that we dislike. Building the monitors properly is the key.
We use NUVI as our white labeled solution for social media, big data analytics and visualization engine. It has a comprehensive social media analytics engine for understanding global or localized sentiment in different languages pulled from the top 10 social media sites and over 4M RSS feeds. We use it to address following issues for clients:
- Determine global threat vectors for the federal and national security market
- Determine national hot topics / flash points for commercial, homeland and national security markets
- Provide the ability to leverage social media to analyze the social profile of an individual for federal agencies that require background checks.
- Social media analytics engine to understand global or localized sentiment.
- Broad set of languages and social media data pulled from the top 10 social media site and over 4M RSS feeds.
- Great customer support.
- Compelling Visual BI.
- Facebook APIs have been terminated and a separate service must be purchased to gain direct Facebook intelligence. However, the action is more related to Facebook’s business decision and a work-around has been devised by NUVI.
- Deep Listening - NUVI delves deep into conversation
- Social Media Impact - NUVI allows us to sort through years of social media posts to determine which ones worked best
- Facebook comments - NUVI does not have the capability to access Facebook comments on posts
- Nuvi's customer service is top-notch. If I ever have a problem, which is rare, I can count on it being solved within a few hours.
- Nuvi makes keeping up with social media FUN - with its beautiful interface and natural, easy-to-use capabilities.
- Nuvi has it all - monitoring, publishing, reporting and audience insights!
- I'd like to see Nuvi include more audience insights in their generated reports.
- Beautiful user interface.
- Visually stunning.
- Enables you to effectively monitor the conversation taking place about your brand through social media.
- Superior analytical software.
- Live monitoring provides instant ability to connect and engage with EVERYONE!! Not just those who show up in your feed.
- Comprehensive reports provide immediate feedback that is easy to understand.
- Detailed analytics facilitate the monetization of social media platforms.
- Quick and helpful customer support.
- Presentation mode provides impressive insight to the casual consumer.
- Sentiment tool is not entirely accurate. However, sentiment is easily corrected by the admin.
- Historical data is not easy to find. Would be nice to pull numbers/data on keywords that trended that you were not originally tracking.
- Would be nice to have more analytics regarding Instagram (this is probably hindered by the amount of data Instagram will actually let you see).
NUVI Scorecard Summary
NUVI Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
NUVI Technical Details