OBS Studio Reviews

Charles Beck | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 31, 2020

Love my OBS

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

With all the various ways to present a video solution such as Loom or Vineyard, I found that using OBS has allowed me to customize my background and present solutions in a much more professional and cleaner way.
Read Charles Beck's full review
November 04, 2020

OBS lets audiences OBServe you at your best

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use OBS studio to create and manage live streaming events on a variety of platforms. Everybody in my organization uses it because it solves the problem of broadcasting from your desktop and from your webcam throughout the internet and includes many features for free that would cost a lot of money from commercial applications.
Mandy Henriksen | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 17, 2020

Video Screen Recording for Business and Personal Use

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

OBS Studio is a fantastic screen-capturing program that is not utilized by my department or whole organization, but rather me personally in order to effectively teach my students various aspects of technology in the classroom. I utilize it to screen capture completing various step-by-step activities that I then create a video with in order to be able to constantly reuse them for future classes. It has done wonders for project completion in my classes! While the video is playing I can translate the information in Spanish for my non-English speaking students or even walk individual students through the process.
Read Mandy Henriksen's full review
Travis Gray | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 18, 2019

OBS Studio - Great option for those evaluating the ROI of streaming, or streaming veterans

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Currently using OBS for our primary streaming software after Adobe's old software went obsolete and other options were too pricey or still couldn't manage what we needed. OBS is simple enough and delivers exactly what we need. It can handle multiple inputs and files to enable us to not need a switcher, but perfectly fine if you were using a switcher/single input setup. We also route separate audio in (not from the switcher/HDMI/SDI input device) and it handles multiple audio inputs great. Other options for stream size, bitrate, and other settings are super easy to find and use as well, and always get great output from OBS. Have been using it for big events with a ton of pressure from stakeholders, as well as simple webinar presentations. Maybe not as robust as some of the paid options, and only single destination streaming available, but usually that's all we need to worry about, so it's perfect for our needs.
Read Travis Gray's full review
Seth Paine | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 21, 2019

OBS, a powerful and free livestream solution

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

For a few months we had a live stream in our organization and we went back and forth between using OBS Studio and Google Hangouts. OBS was more complicated to use than Google Hangouts, but it is so much more flexible with what you can do with it as far as laying out elements like lower thirds, using whatever graphics you have, bringing in people with Skype, and the price is great, nothing can beat free. I am going to get back to doing live streams in the next month or two and I will be using OBS.
Read Seth Paine's full review

About OBS Studio

OBS Studio is free and open source software for video recording and live streaming.

OBS Studio Technical Details