What is Octopus Deploy?

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Octopus Deploy, and make your voice heard!

Free 30 day trial

Enterprise

Starting at $18 per month

On Premise

• Setup fee optional
For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://octopus.com/pricing/overview

Starting price (does not include set up fee)

• $12 per month

Product Demos

Introducing Octopus Deploy
03:24

What is Octopus Deploy?

The Octopus Deploy platform enables developers, release managers, and operations teams to bring all automation into a single place.

By reusing configuration variables, environment definition, API keys, connection strings, permissions, service principals, and automation logic, teams work together from a single platform. The vendor states that with Octopus Deploy, silo’s break down, collaboration begins, and teams can ship and operate⁠ software with greater confidence.

Octopus Deploy Screenshots

Screenshot of Screenshot of Screenshot of Screenshot of Screenshot of Screenshot of Screenshot of

Octopus Deploy Video

Deployment TypesOn-premise, Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based
Operating SystemsWindows, Linux
Supported CountriesGlobal
Supported LanguagesEnglish

Australian company Octopus Deploy offers their eponymous automated deployment and release management software that integrates with the user's preferred CI server and adds deployment & ops automation capabilities. Octopus Deploy enables developers, release managers, and operations folks to bring all automation into a single place. The vendor states that by reusing configuration variables, environment definition, API keys, connection strings, permissions, service principals, and automation logic, teams work together from Octopus Deploy.

Octopus Deploy starts at $12.

Jenkins, TeamCity, and Azure DevOps Services are common alternatives for Octopus Deploy.

Reviewers rate Performance and Ease of integration and Contract Terms and Pricing Model highest, with a score of 8.5.

The most common users of Octopus Deploy are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees) and the Computer Software industry.

Octopus Deploy support has always been there for us, even when using the free tier, we get responsive hands-on help. We haven't needed to use that level of support since the documentation is clearly written, and help is readily available within the interface itself. Using Octopus Deploy is a truly joyful experience.
Rupesh Ghimire | TrustRadius Reviewer
I've been working with Octopus Deploy for the last two years as a developer. I find it helpful in my dev tasks. It allows there to be a proper work channel with the DevOps team of my company. It can share a particular Octopus plan with them along with any issues I have, and that gets resolved pretty quickly. I find that the development process of our company is better because we use Octopus Deploy.
I have only had to contact Octopus Deploy's support twice, but my experience was fantastic.

The first time I contacted support, I had a call and screen share to go through how we might tackle a complicated deployment pattern we were looking to do for one of our more complex internal projects. After the call concluded I was also emailed with further suggestions on what we could try.

The second time, we had an issue with a live deployment due to a (rare) service outage. I was contacted very quickly and kept informed as to the progress on resolution of the outage.