Reviews (1-4 of 4)
- Accounting is the core of Odoo, it started as an accounting software back in the days when it was called TinyERP, the key value added in the accounting is the usability, so far now in the market, there is no accounting software as user-friendly as Odoo
- Scalability, Odoo is highly customizable by developers and end users, once installed with a little bit of practice and training users can maintain Odoo by themselves.
- Bug fixing by the Odoo team is not that good, it can take up to a month to solve an issue
- Not all localizations are included in the core.
- Possibility to customize the fields and some workflows is rather simple and a lot of tutorials are available on the internet.
- The community version is free as are most modules and some paying modules developped for specific purposes are available in the marketplace.
- It is easy to configure products with accounting, everything is smooth.
- Community version is sometimes hard to maintain, needs some on-premise knowledge (IT) or having business with an Odoo partner that is sometimes expensive and unreliable.
- Enterprise version is as expensive as other ERP in the market.
- Reporting is horrible, not a lot of possibility to integrate seamlessly with a third party BI platform.
- Easy to use and user-friendly interface with the detailed instructions alongside whenever it's needed. If the instructions do not help or you need any further assistance their support team is really accessible through email. The response rate is maximum 1 hour.
- The ability of the system to be the all-in-one place for different business operations. As in terms of sales, in our organization, it unites and serves almost every task related to sales starting from invoicing and ending with the shipping.
- The modules inside the Odoo are well adapted to each other for different but connected operations making it comfortable to understand the process flow at a functional and technical level.
- Some of the 'landing pages' in the system are not user actionable/changeable. For instance, setting the pipeline of the sales, which appears for every salesmen user, even if there is no need for him/her to set it. It can't be turned off.
- Being open source software, Odoo should be more easily tweakable. However, it is difficult to find the proper information for the developers about how to do it. The is a lot of information but not in a well-organized way.
Odoo Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Odoo is a fully integrated and customizable open-source suite of business applications including sales, CRM, project management, manufacturing, inventory, and accounting in one software solution. According to the vendor, Odoo was designed to meet the needs of companies of all sizes and budgets.
The depth of integration within Odoo helps users to reduce redundant manual processes. Every module is interconnected to provide an integrated experience from app to app, and users can automate many processes that would otherwise require manual inputs into multiple applications. Odoo keeps all business functions in one place allowing teams to collaborate with other departments from one unified platform.
Odoo is open-source software and offers security features to business technology and software development communities around the world. The Odoo market offers numerous modules and apps that the vendor says are suitable for a variety of business needs.
New customers get a discount on the initial number of users purchased. ($20.00 USD instead of $24.00 USD).
Odoo Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||25%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||40%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||10%|
Odoo Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
|Advanced Technical or Development Support|
Odoo Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Mobile Web|
|Supported Countries:||France, Germany, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Netherlands, Greece, Poland, Ukraine, Austria, Belgium, Sweden, Croatia, Norway, Iceland, Denmark, Czech Republic, Republic of Ireland, Hungary, Finland, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Luxembourg, Serbia, Albania, Slovenia, Belarus, Lithuania, Slovakia, Macedonia, Estonia, Montenegro, Monaco, Latvia, Vatican City, Moldova, Gibraltar, Bosnia, Andorra, Liechtenstein, Faro Islands, San Marino, Isle of Man, Jersey, Guernsey, Aland Islands, India, China, Bhutan, Armenia, Iraq, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Cyprus, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Iran, Israel, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, North Korea, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Philippines, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor- Leste, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Costa Rica, cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, United States of America, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela|
|Supported Languages:||Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Basque, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kabyle, Khmer, Korean, Lao, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Mongolian, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese|