Reviews (1-8 of 8)
March 14, 2020
Score 7 out of 10
We use Odoo mostly for inventory management. POs are stored in Odoo, and those are linked to receipts, quality inspections, and inventory inputs. We also use this product for managing manufacturing production orders and creating traceability between the lots of raw materials received and the final product assemblies. Related to this, Odoo is the second place where revision changes and relevant BoMs are stored.
Read Mitesh Bhalani's full review
The software is really good for managing inputs and inventory as well as maintaining traceability. The "track picking moves" functionality lets you look into a specific lot or serial numbers and view all the product moves that occurred with that lot. However, some navigation is not intuitive. For example, if I click on an item in the BoM of an assembly, then click the back button to go back to the assembly, the site goes all the way back to the home screen. Some of these quirks mean that there is a learning curve for the software, but overall the tracking is very good.
March 15, 2020
Score 10 out of 10
Odoo is a complete ERP business management software, with an embedded CRM system. It is used by several stores in the organization. My IT colleagues and I use Odoo primarily to manage IT projects, services, acquisitions, sales, and miscellaneous notes. With Odoo we have more control of the projects, and we optimize our time. One of the most important things is the reports too, which are customizable and complete.
Read Camila Yamamoto's full review
The Odoo tool is easy to learn, use, and customize. with its management of all projects, tasks, services, and business processes. The tasks are always updated by us. The integration between its modules is excellent and facilitates its use. The community is huge and it is easy to find the solution of doubts or technical problems. And the reports are very organized, customizable and easy to understand, which helps us to have a good sense of everything that happens in the organization.
I still use it as my main platform for my CRM as well as AR and invoicing. Also for customer follow up and tracking. I also use the quotation module. To some extent, the project management module for tracking projects both internal and external to my company
- Easy interface for both cloud and on-premise.
- Seamless integration between modules.
- Development can be a challenge since it was developed using multiple languages.
- Pre-defined modules although works well can be limiting.
Read Franz Josef Bautista's full review
For startups and companies with simple operations that do not need many customized modules, Odoo can deploy quickly, is easily scalable and can be cost-efficient.
Currently, Odoo is used internally at my company to keep a record of all employees and employee documents. It makes the job of the Human Resource department much easier and the ability for staff to log in to their own accounts a request leaves is an invaluable resource. Odoo is hosted locally on an in house server and was very easy to implement (a cloud option is available for those interested).
- Keeping a detailed record of all staff.
- The application can be extended with modules.
- Simple and intuitive.
- Simple implementation
- Relatively inexpensive.
- Odoo has always met our requirements.
- The service is consistent and robust.
Read Marouane Tohme's full review
One of Odoo's strongest "Features" is its ability to scale, the application works well in small to medium-sized businesses but is more than capable of scaling to larger environments. The ability to add or remove features as they are needed makes adjusting your implementation to your company's current needs easy. The service is relatively inexpensive making the barrier of entry for smaller businesses low. We have had no issues with the service here.
September 18, 2018
Score 10 out of 10
Well I'am an Odoo consultant and also an Odoo user, internally at our company we use it for Sales, E-commerce, marketing, HR, Projects, Recruitment, CRM and more.
- Accounting is the core of Odoo, it started as an accounting software back in the days when it was called TinyERP, the key value added in the accounting is the usability, so far now in the market, there is no accounting software as user-friendly as Odoo
- Scalability, Odoo is highly customizable by developers and end users, once installed with a little bit of practice and training users can maintain Odoo by themselves.
- Bug fixing by the Odoo team is not that good, it can take up to a month to solve an issue
- Not all localizations are included in the core.
Read Oscar Alcalá's full review
Odoo is flexible but is a generic suite of business apps, it has the core of every business type but is not vertical for special needs. Good news is that you can modify it and make it work for your industry as you wish, and I think that if you use a consultant for the implementation of Odoo in your company, few things can go wrong. In my experience, things go wrong mostly because of the lack of knowledge of the tool. If you get trained and read the documentation, there are a few things you cannot do with Odoo.
September 18, 2018
Score 5 out of 10
We provide services using Odoo. We have launched an e-commerce website based on Odoo 10. We actively maintain the backend along with the user role management and various technical aspects of Odoo, such as developing custom modules. We implement extra functionality by extending Odoo and various other stuff related to Odoo. We also support users to deploy Odoo on their production server.
Read this authenticated review
Odoo is extremely powerful as it provides many applications out of the box. So, getting started on something is extremely easy with Odoo. However, thorough Python knowledge is required to customize or extend Odoo to make your product unique. Hence, if your app requires something special you might have to reconsider the complexity of developing a new app using some other framework, or extending Odoo.
June 19, 2017
Score 7 out of 10
Odoo is the ERP of the company. It helps with sales, manufacturing, purchases, invoicing and accounting. It is our MRP and accounting software.
- Possibility to customize the fields and some workflows is rather simple and a lot of tutorials are available on the internet.
- The community version is free as are most modules and some paying modules developped for specific purposes are available in the marketplace.
- It is easy to configure products with accounting, everything is smooth.
- Community version is sometimes hard to maintain, needs some on-premise knowledge (IT) or having business with an Odoo partner that is sometimes expensive and unreliable.
- Enterprise version is as expensive as other ERP in the market.
- Reporting is horrible, not a lot of possibility to integrate seamlessly with a third party BI platform.
Read David MacDonald's full review
I would go community version for a small startup, Odoo can be customized quickly and refined as a company matures. It's less suited for a big company already using an ERP with lots of workflows and integration.
January 31, 2017
Score 9 out of 10
Odoo is used as the main ERP for the company and mainly for our sales department. However, three other departments such as the logistics and finance departments are also using it, including the support department that I am the manager of. It used for all of the sales related business processes as well as finance operations including the logistics that are needed to carry these tasks out. The operations carried out with Odoo include basically everything starting from the first step of selling to ending with the invoices, and sales orders to shipping.
- Easy to use and user-friendly interface with the detailed instructions alongside whenever it's needed. If the instructions do not help or you need any further assistance their support team is really accessible through email. The response rate is maximum 1 hour.
- The ability of the system to be the all-in-one place for different business operations. As in terms of sales, in our organization, it unites and serves almost every task related to sales starting from invoicing and ending with the shipping.
- The modules inside the Odoo are well adapted to each other for different but connected operations making it comfortable to understand the process flow at a functional and technical level.
- Some of the 'landing pages' in the system are not user actionable/changeable. For instance, setting the pipeline of the sales, which appears for every salesmen user, even if there is no need for him/her to set it. It can't be turned off.
- Being open source software, Odoo should be more easily tweakable. However, it is difficult to find the proper information for the developers about how to do it. The is a lot of information but not in a well-organized way.
Read this authenticated review
As in my case, a whole four departments and their operations/assets are accessible through the system. It is really easy, for instance, to sell the product to the end-user and carry out all the necessary operations such as creating the quotation and easily export the proforma invoice, confirm thesale and assign it to the logistics, etc. All these are done in a really easy way and not a big effort is needed if you are well adapted to the system. What's more, the system is really fast and it does not lag with excessive operations.
Odoo Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Odoo is a fully integrated and customizable open-source suite of business applications including sales, CRM, project management, manufacturing, inventory, and accounting in one software solution. According to the vendor, Odoo was designed to meet the needs of companies of all sizes and budgets.
The depth of integration within Odoo helps users to reduce redundant manual processes. Every module is interconnected to provide an integrated experience from app to app, and users can automate many processes that would otherwise require manual inputs into multiple applications. Odoo keeps all business functions in one place allowing teams to collaborate with other departments from one unified platform.
Odoo is open-source software and offers security features to business technology and software development communities around the world. The Odoo market offers numerous modules and apps that the vendor says are suitable for a variety of business needs.
Categories: Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Inventory Management, Retail Management, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
NetSuite ERP, Zoho ERP, Sage ERP
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
New customers get a discount on the initial number of users purchased. ($20.00 USD instead of $24.00 USD).
Odoo Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||35%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||40%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||15%|
Odoo Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
|Advanced Technical or Development Support|
Odoo Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Mobile Web|
|Supported Countries:||France, Germany, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Netherlands, Greece, Poland, Ukraine, Austria, Belgium, Sweden, Croatia, Norway, Iceland, Denmark, Czech Republic, Republic of Ireland, Hungary, Finland, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Luxembourg, Serbia, Albania, Slovenia, Belarus, Lithuania, Slovakia, Macedonia, Estonia, Montenegro, Monaco, Latvia, Vatican City, Moldova, Gibraltar, Bosnia, Andorra, Liechtenstein, Faro Islands, San Marino, Isle of Man, Jersey, Guernsey, Aland Islands, India, China, Bhutan, Armenia, Iraq, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Cyprus, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Iran, Israel, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, North Korea, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Philippines, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor- Leste, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Costa Rica, cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, United States of America, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela|
|Supported Languages:||Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Basque, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kabyle, Khmer, Korean, Lao, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Mongolian, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese|