TRUE
TRUE
The Okta Identity Cloud

Not the best for my workflow

August 04, 2022

Easy to use, Effective, A+

June 30, 2022

Great platform!

June 29, 2022

• ID Management Single-Sign On (SSO) (136)
  • Multi-Factor Authentication (126)
  • ID-Management Access Control (130)
  • Password Management (126)

1 video

User Review: Okta Identity Cloud Plays An Integral Role In Keeping Online Security Hipaa Compliant
01:52

Single Sign on

Multi Factor Authentication

Single Sign on Adaptive

Identity Management

What is The Okta Identity Cloud?

Okta is an independent identity provider. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With more than 7,000 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta aims to provide simple and secure access to people and organizations everywhere, giving them the confidence to reach their full potential. The vendor boasts more than 13,050 organizations, including JetBlue, Nordstrom, Siemens, Slack, Takeda, Teach for America, and Twilio, as users of Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.

The Okta Identity Cloud Features

Identity Management Features

• Supported: ID-Management Access Control
  • Supported: ID Management Single-Sign On (SSO)
  • Supported: Multi-Factor Authentication

• Okta Integration Network

The Okta Identity Cloud Competitors

The Okta Identity Cloud Technical Details

Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android, Windows Phone

Okta is an enterprise grade identity management service, built in the cloud. IT can manage access across any application, person or device. Whether the people are employees, partners or customers or whether the applications are in the cloud, on premises or on a mobile device, Okta helps IT become more secure and maintain compliance. The Okta service provides directory services, single sign-on, authentication, provisioning, workflow, and built in reporting. ment systems.

The Okta Identity Cloud starts at $0.

Compact Identity, Identity Plus, and Xpress Password are common alternatives for The Okta Identity Cloud.

Reviewers rate ID Management Single-Sign On (SSO) highest, with a score of 9.1.

The most common users of The Okta Identity Cloud are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees) and the Computer Software industry.

I use Okta for a single sign-on to various applications, including the Microsoft Office suite, Certify, ADP payroll, and others. Okta also functions as our sign-in verification service for mobile apps. The benefit is that once I am logged in to Okta, I don't have to separately sign into those apps, saving time.
  • Single sign-on
  • Secure two step verification
  • Saving time
  • More apps under single sign-on
  • Cleaner page layout
  • Faster verification
Okta is best for a large organization using many different software applications on a regular basis, allowing employees to not have to sign into each one of them as they use them. For small organizations, it might be superfluous, but for large organizations, it saves time and allows employees to get a lot of management and bureaucratic tasks are done originating from one web page.
By not having to remember and access passwords to multiple applications on a daily basis, I've been able to save time and focus more on my core job tasks. I also feel confident that the Okta single sign-in is secure and that I'm not compromising my sensitive information. And also be able to spend more time working and not contacting tech support or password or account issues.
Jacob Ira Anderson | TrustRadius Reviewer
I used it to authenticate all users on ALL platforms. It really helps to prevent credential theft. We were able to use it on all new and existing platforms. Users liked using it for SSO.
  • Works across a lot of products.
  • Gives very detailed logs.
  • Allows users to use a single sign-on across multiple products.
  • Revoking a single login terminates access to multiple products.
  • Additional logging
  • Automatic blocking and alerting
  • Easier setup for a variety of products
If you need SSO, this is the place to do it. Having a single login for users is something that is amazing for most people. Now they don't have to remember a variety of logins for various systems. Additionally, if that one login is revoked, it terminates access across multiple systems.
Yes, it has been nice to deploy it with the new software we are implementing. No longer are different accounts needed to be created across multiple platforms. You simply create the account with one platform and it auto-provisions the account across multiple platforms.
We have all of our passwords saved which can be helpful as well as all of the platforms we use located in one place for easy access. Mostly the use case I find myself leveraging is a password saver. I acknowledge that I do not use the platform for its full value as it is not a part of my workflow.
  • Password saver
  • Enterprise recourse library
  • The passwords can be more easily accessible for password editing.
Well suited for enterprises that leverage multiple partnerships for a tech stack.
I have not benefitted from this as I do not use this.
Raymond Dable | TrustRadius Reviewer
With Okta Identity Cloud, we're able to log in to multiple web applications on just one page securely. Okta Identity Cloud helps us manage single sign-on authentication with multiple web applications so that we do not need to log in to all of our applications one at a time. As a workforce analyst. This software is very much effective.
  • Our employees became more productive with single sign on.
  • The Okta Identity Cloud securely integrates almost all of our web applications and software.
  • Very easy to use and the page loads quickly.
  • We have The Okta Identity Cloud linked to AD DS and it's giving us sync issues with resetting the SSO password.
  • The Okta Identity Cloud needs improvement specifically with password reset.
  • User interface has to be improved.
The Okta Identity Cloud is very helpful as it serves as a one-stop shop for all web applications we use for our company. With just a single sign-on it reduces the time we spent logging in to every application we need. The Okta Identity Cloud is very much effective in saving passwords.
The Okta Identity Cloud has helped us manage all web software applications we use for our company. With The Okta Identity Cloud, our job became easier. Before we have to log on to all of our web software applications one at a time to set them all up before we start working but now, with the help of The Okta Identity Cloud we only have to log on to a single sign-on page and everything is all set.
It is the best solution to have the employees securely connect to the company network apps and websites by providing a secure single sign-on option. Once logged into the system on the company network, it identifies you, and all the apps and websites within the company that requires a log-in will give you automatic access(as per permission) by single sign-on. So no more typing the id password again and again for each of them.
  • Single sign on over multiple applications and websites of the company.
  • Multi-factor authentication is being provided for better security.
  • Interface is very user friendly.
  • Not faced any issues.
It is well suited where user gets the access to change their own password and once changed, it will be changed throughout the company-wide applications under their Okta permissions and they don't have to call the service desk and wait for them to change it. It is very easy for adding various applications to add into the dashboard for users to access under one roof.
We have various applications throughout the company and Okta made it easy for us to grant permissions to users in one go instead of granting permissions from individual applications to provide login access. It reduced the turnaround time significantly and also reduced the service desk burden by granting users the possibility to change their passwords.
I don't use it in the current organization, but used it at my previous one. Its main use was SSO and maintaining customer records outside of AD.
  • SSO
  • Customization
  • Identity
  • Customer directory
  • Some of the UI was clunky or didnt make sense
  • Setting admins could be more intuitive
If looking to get internal users from AD pulled into the cloud for SSO between applications, this is a good fit. It could also pull in and maintain customers for external access to applications. Otherwise, it would be less appropriate.
From a user perspective, knowing what to expect an easy and intuitive SSO. From an admin perspective, it can be used widely across applications for SSO, which has proven useful and eliminated redundancy.
July 30, 2022

okat sso

SSO and we integrate it for saml in products for authentication and authorization. It helps to ease up the things and most of the uses related to authorization as addressed.It is easy to configure and use. Very easy to implement and understand and provides very good documentation and Product is well made.
  • SSO
  • SAML
  • OIDC
  • Mobile app can be improved
  • Kerberos
Okta is suited when we want to restrict the users to use a few functionalities of the product. We can use it to authenticate and authorize the user. With one login, we can use all the other apps without individual login to each and every product. Okta's homepage can be improved.
I use Okta to manage the internal user roles creation to provide customised product access to the users as per their roles and requirements. Okta is also used to enable single sign-on management for non-integrated services to access the programs easily without having to repeat the login for each program. I also lead the renewal conversations for the tool.
  • Customised management of user roles and mapping for authentication.
  • Allows integration with multiple products and services to cover a wide range of user workflows.
  • Allows secure saving of passwords and centralising the work tools.
  • The user interface of Okta is basic and needs improvement. There's some learning curve for new users.
  • One time integration effort is high for the initial setup. Took us around 3 weeks.
  • Okta times out pretty quick making us login multiple times in the day.
Okta integration is really useful and helps to automate the systems and workflow, user-friendly, and easy to follow and implement in the daily work routine. Okta allows the efficient configuration of SAML 2.0 connects with vendor websites which is a core security feature. One issue with Okta login is the inability to put any modifier in the address bar to redirect users to Okta sign-in page.
Okta provides us a one-stop Sign in for all of our business needs. Previously needing to remember 30, 40, or even 50 different passwords were unnecessary and slowed down our team. Still, now a single sign-on solution like Okta has provided us the security and the swiftness we need to get in and start working quickly.
July 06, 2022

honest review

We use Okta Identity Cloud to access different types of tools that we use daily in our work. It enables us to change passwords easily on our end without further checking with any support like IT or SD support. It keeps the information secured because before we can access anything it asks for identification.
  • Change password
  • Personal identification
  • Secure user authentication into different application
  • Time management
  • User friendly
  • Not that I can think of.
I have not used or explored all of its usages yet but one thing I experienced is changing passwords with my tools. Before, we used to wait for a specific hour when we can call SD to change our password. It could reach a day or two days, especially during the weekend but now we can immediately change the password on our end without any help or support.
Of course, it makes my access secure, and aside from that most of my tools have the same password so it helps me to remember only one password in different tools. Some other tools are not limited to bookmarks so we can just easily open those tools without even typing again the password. Also, you can change passwords at a time with different tools.
July 02, 2022

Simply amazing!

I have been using the Okta Identity Cloud for more than two years now and I have not seen any issue with it and I am currently enjoying using this portal for my everyday tasks. I could say that the Okta Identity Cloud has been so useful for me not only fore but also to my colleagues and friends and to the whole organization. I highly recommend this special tool.
  • Providea security
  • makes your job easier
  • gives access to system and tools
  • I wish it can be personally customize like change the color of background
  • I wish there is also an option for us to make our own profile
  • and I wish there is an option too to put our own photo on this special tool.
The Okta Identity Cloud is best for my online group booking. The Okta Identity Cloud makes my job easier where I can access different tools for my only booking for my clients and this provides security also to my tools. I could say that Okta Identity cloud can help you enhance your ability and help you learn or discover new things every day.
I have been using the Okta Identity Cloud for more than two years now and I can say that it never fails me when it comes to security. The Okta Identity Cloud provides security to my different tools where I am very much confident that there will be no issues every time I need to log in.
We use this to confirm employee's identities before they are able to access any business-specific software or websites. We use it throughout the entire company, and all departments. It is used in pretty much everything we do, and has been for as long as I have been with the company.
  • verifies identities
  • easy to use
  • can access from anywhere
  • issue if you dont have your device
This is well suited for anyone who has sensitive information and wants users to need a two-step process before logging in to potentially sensitive company platforms or information. It is great for people who have remote employees working from anywhere, because there are additional security risks that come with that if you are not including the Okta step. It might not work as well for companies where employees don't have easy access to their phones, or companies where there is not much sensitive information and therefore they do not need additional barriers.
I havent used this so I'm not sure
June 29, 2022

Great platform!

With the help of the okta identity cloud, we are able to manage all our tools and systems in our organization in just one access. Some tasks are hard to finish with having too many systems to check but when Okta Identity Cloud was introduced to us, we were able to finish our tasks in a timely many.
  • Storing of information
  • Securing data
  • Compiling our systems and tools in folders
  • User interface
  • It would be nice if we can add themes.
  • Faster security verifcation
In our organization, we use quite a lot of tools and systems to help our clients. If you have the same situation in the company, this tool is very well suited for you. Having Okta Identity Cloud manage and store those tools and systems helps us do our tasks more efficiently.
Having a centralized identity management platform with Okta Identity Cloud helps us to access our systems and tools in one platform. We are able to finish our tasks faster and this increases our productivity every day. It's very beneficial for us since we use a lot of systems in our organization.
Sanjit Prasad | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using Okta Single Sign-On facility to login to all the services in our organisation. You have to enter your password only once and then with one-click you can easily get into the application. The major benefit is that there is no need to set and remember multiple credentials for each service available in your company. The sign-in session is active for a longer time so there is no requirement to do multiple logins. We also use Okta web app through which we can access apps provided by the organisation.
  • A single consolidated web UI where you can access all apps provided by your organisation.
  • Okta Single Sign-on facility for all apps.
  • Integrate with third-party products to enable two-factor authentication.
  • You can add more apps and navigate to recent apps via web UI.
  • The service is little expensive so a discount for renew subscription would be good.
  • I find very less resources about Okta so more documentation is required.
  • Once the service is broken, resetting it back is a bit painful.
Okta service is great to access apps via Single Sign-On facility. But yes it need an improvement where we need to reset Okta service when thing got broken.
We originally purchased this software for a project that was going to be used for our customers that required an MFA solution so that we could integrate into a single platform multiple applications that would have required individual logins while not using Citrix. We saw the ease of use it was offering in that arena and decided that it would be in our interest to expand the scope into the enterprise so we would have only one identity platform instead of two to manage.
  • PAM
  • Ease of use and navigation
  • Console is quick to respond
  • Changes are completed quickly
  • The main login splash screen is bit of an eyesore
  • High Contrast mode for visually impaired users.
In general, since just about everyone including our customers touch the product we needed something that was easy to use and had a great track record. Since it was customer facing and some where not computer literate, we needed to make it as seamless as possible. I give credit to The Okta Identity Cloud to provide that good customer experience. Thankfully we have not come across a situation where we are trying to make the app do something it was not designed for. We purchased it with singular intent and then expanded the user base.
It was one of the few applications that we had in mind when we went looking specifically for a way to integrate multiple applications that our customers needed to use that we hosted. Usually, it required multiple unique logins for the users to access what they needed, now they are all in one location with a single login. Our customers really appreciates this ability.
Daniel Hereford | TrustRadius Reviewer
Okta is enabling us to transition from our on-premise AD directory/identity-centric approach to a cloud-based IDP. Okta is mastered from our AD and allows us to give single sign-on and adaptive MFA to all our users. We use these authentication methods both with on-premise workloads on managed computers as well as enabling people to access certain cloud-based workloads from unmanaged (personal) machines. We can centralize our identity management and give our users the same sign-on experience across numerous systems. The plan is to integrate all auth with Okta over time.
  • Enable AD driven identity to modern cloud apps
  • Easy SSO and MFA experience for users
  • 100% availability
  • More customization in the end user experience.
  • More integration with InTune for managed devices and policies.
  • Customer success team helping check health and usage cases.
Okta is not strongly suited for local-only AD mastered environments with no plans to use cloud or SaaS apps. Okta is best suited for hybrid environments that are trending towards cloud and SaaS apps and may eventually be majority cloud. Okta is not well suited if you are looking to do SSO or MFA on local Windows desktops (you can accomplish this with 3rd party add-ons).
We chose Okta specifically because it was neutral and dedicated to identity. It works with everything from Microsoft, Google, AWS, and anything you think of without any limitations (unless they are from the far-end vendor). This allows us to have a competitive advantage and choose the platforms we want for our associate and customer experiences without any vendor ecosystem lock-in.
Daniel Angulo | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our main use is basically identity management, group provisioning, and lifecycle management. This way we can help users easily set up their accounts and secure all platforms with no risk. We use multiple instances of the same app so in that way replicating and automating applications is easy and straightforward and no need to do repetitive work.
  • Group provisioning
  • App management for different instances
  • Logs and reports
  • Lifecycle management
  • Imports
  • Support
Perfect for remote management of user, all organization that manages lots of web-based apps, everything related to multiple instances of the same app, cloud-based services can be easily integrated, a good way to add external members and restrict application and access use, and you can run test with no real-time delays for users.
For us, it is just touch and go. We don't focus on this as an IT team we just move along we consider that everything that can be integrated should be in okta, and after this. We just move forward, even for nonnative apps it can be done and needs to be done we work great with that.
We use The Okta Identity Cloud across our entire organization for SSO and MFA to almost 90 public cloud and internally developed applications. Okta allows us to gain some control over the sprawl of credentials to an ever growing list of applications.
  • Okta is a bit like the Kleenex of the Single Sign On / Identity world, it's well documented and widely supported.
  • Okta's ecosystem is very mature and highly available.
  • Okta is generally easily understood by end users.
  • Support, period. Support is the one area where Okta really needs to up their game. When I decide to open a support ticket it's because I've read the documentation and have hit a point where I'm stuck and when I receive a response referencing some documentation, it's infuriating. It's actually quite a bit beyond infuriating and I've brought it up with Okta support managers and even upgraded our support level, but I still feel as if Okta's default is to deflect and try to close tickets. It's easily among the worst support and Professional Services experiences I've ever encountered.
My feeling is that Okta is well suited for internal / employee facing authentication needs but is a bit on the expensive side for use in externally facing B2B and B2C requirements, so my company uses an alternative for that use case.
The fact that Okta is "neutral" or maybe more accurately described as flexible and widely supported is definitely a benefit. Okta makes it easy to connect to other systems via agents and multiple modes of managing credentials and access and this allows us to integrate things which are maybe not classic use cases for Single Sign On or don't directly support MFA for instance.
We use The Okta Identity Cloud to allow us to log in to all the different apps and websites that we use in this company. It's extremely helpful to not have to remember passwords and have the ability to log in without any problems. It's extremely helpful when it comes to logins and remembering passwords.
  • remembers passwords
  • safe logins
  • easy to use
  • adding new websites
  • chrome plugin perhaps?
I have never had an issue with The Okta Identity Cloud. I didn't even know what it was at first, but after using it for a few months it's very helpful and I wouldn't ever go back to the way I used to log in. The extra security is also a feature that I love.
Yes. Since starting with this company we tried a few different similar products and The Okta Identity Cloud has been the one we stuck with and will stick with. Extremely easy to use and easy to troubleshoot. There have not been any issues with log-ins or trouble with adding websites to our okta list.
With the numerous applications our business uses on a daily basis, Okta helps streamline the accessibility to these applications and secures logins in order for us to work faster and securely. There are upwards of 30 applications that we use Okta SSO for, and without it there would be constant password resets and helpdesk tickets around accessibility to these applications, which is ideal for our internal IT team.
  • Streamlines accessibility to applications
  • Mobility support
  • Secured login to applications
  • Password management
If your organization uses a number of different applications to support your business and need to streamline your users accessibility to these applications in a secure manner, then Okta would be a terrific addition to your tech stack. The solution does a great job of making SSO easy to use and provides customized homepages to give users the ability to pick choose what apps should be available to them at just a couple of clicks at the button.
It really streamlines productivity across the user base and allows for enhanced flexibility as it pertains to what applications need to be included. There is rearely a thought of wether or not a login via Okta would be supported and even suggests login additions to Okta upon logins outside of the Okta application.
We are using Auth0 for our customer user management. One of the best user management services I used, with great documentation and amazing support. Auth0 is used for all our systems. With Auth0, our users can log in multiply ways with very easy implementation.
  • Auth0 is easy to use and fast implementation.
  • Great documentation.
  • Secure and easy to manage.
  • Custom universal login can be more easy.
  • Limit of 3 SAML connections.
If you need a user management service for your product, Auth0 is great and you will be able to do it fast, simple, and secure.
A single platform to manage permissions and groups for all users in an organization. It's easy to attach multiple roles to users for the same SaaS application. It works seamlessly with any cloud provider, and it is easy to manage and use even if you're using a hybrid or multi-cloud environment.
January 08, 2022

Work well, easy to use

OKTA, allows for the efficient configuration of SAML 2.0 connections with vendor websites. This is fast becoming a core security feature, especially in the legal industry. The ability to have a hub of all my frequently used tools, plus one login for all of them, takes a lot of mental load off me as an employee. Previously needing to remember 30, 40, even 50 different passwords were unnecessary and slowed down our team. Still, now a single sign-on solution like Okta has provided us the security and the swiftness we need to get in and start working quickly.
  • Okta provides us a one-stop Sign in for all of our business needs.
  • Okta is a very useful platform for managing all the users or employees in an organization for user provisioning within the org for access management and also externally.
  • Okta is such a simple SSO system, and I love when my work organizations use it. The ability to have a hub of all my frequently used tools, plus one login for all of them, takes a lot of mental load off me as an employee.
  • I have some troubles using Okta on my mobile device, especially because my current company uses two-factor authentication measures. That's ok though, it actually helps me disconnect a bit more from work!
  • SCIM configuration is a quite bit confusing compared to the SAML configuration with Okta. It would be very helpful if things become easy to configure with a few clicks and feed correct information.
We use Okta for Single Sign-On (SSO), by which we can log in and get access to any other services in our corporate network. It is integrated with GlobalProtect VPN; hence a connection to the PTP gateway is required before logging into the Okta service. Also, we frequently add new apps to the dashboard via Add App catalog to try out new services. We have also deployed our Confluence page to put our work documents to help others, and someone can access it only after Okta sign-in.
We have an ongoing plan to continue to put our most common programs behind the Okta login. This solution will allow fewer passwords for employees to remember, especially for a user base that commonly has numerous complex passwords to keep track of during a busy workday.
We use Auth0 for providing multi-tenant SaaS service to our customers. We use it primarily for authorizations and for integration into an organization's IdP.
  • Integrations
  • Authentication
  • Authorization
  • Finish thoughts on features
  • Confusing and obsolete messaging
  • Reliability of the offering
Reliability of the service has been a big challenge as well as [the] evolution of the features. For enterprises both of these are important. A few other things like automation and tooling are nascent or non-existent
Dinesh Shakyawar | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am using this since June 2021. This is a two way authenticator that gives the protection to access any website with any software product. If you are using this it will not allow you to enter any interface without verification. The good thing about there is no need to put a verification code, only need to click Yes from your mobile. It is easy to use and configurable.
  • Authorization
  • Two way verification
  • Mobile and web application
  • Configuration using scan Q-bar
I am using this application since June 2021. It is a very good authenticator tool to verify before entering in any website of the software. Until now I don't face any issues in this tool. I will suggest to my friend to use this application for verification purposes if they want.
It also provides an SOS facility.
Christer Geberg | TrustRadius Reviewer
Auth0 is one of the best identity management tools [that] protects access across our computer networks and cloud computing environments. This powerful tool provides tailored security solutions that enable us to stop reacting to cyber-attacks and get ahead of them, avoiding attack escalation before it causes a commercial impact. It links our employees to our applications securely and easily from any device, anywhere, at any time. We are using this Identity Management solution to secure user access to applications and devices, it amazingly reduces IT time that is spent on user onboarding and offboarding, and boosts our end-user productivity.
  • The powerful feature is that we can define roles and grant permissions to our users and employees to access applications at various granularity levels.
  • For important applications, we can easily specify a higher level of security with this robust solution.
  • We can stay focused on our main business, it quickly integrates authentication and authorization for online, mobile, and legacy apps.
  • If you talk about their customer support they are very friendly and helpful.
  • The only disadvantage is that it provides less support for disaster data recovery if we lose our data accidentally.
  • Its ease of usability is its great strength.
This cutting-edge technology is the best option for those who need single sign-on, social login, multi-factor authentication, and other features to manage access to their cloud and resources. This stunning solution makes Organizational Identity Management much easier. Companies must try and adopt this identity platform that supports industry-wide authentication standards which will improve consistency and continuity in their company's operations.
November 11, 2021

I am shocked with Okta

Robert Knowles | TrustRadius Reviewer
Okta was rolled out to a certain amount of departments. Once we complete deployment to all departments, we plan to roll out to other subsidiaries.
  • Single sign on across multiple cloud providers
  • Provides API for easy integration into application authentication
  • Access Gateway
  • Easier setup
  • Better documentation for setup
  • Clear path and explanation for implementing in a multi cloud environment
Okta is well suited for all of our expectations when providing single sign on into on-premises applications and multi cloud environments. The process to implement or instruct end user to configure their MFA seems elusive [in my opinion]. It feels to me that whenever a service offers mfa, it seems hidden and not something well documented or top of mine.
We specifically pushed our approval for Okta in order to be able to use it immediately for our multi cloud efforts.