Okta is an enterprise grade identity management service, built in the cloud. IT can manage access across any application, person or device. Whether the people are employees, partners or customers or whether the applications are in the cloud, on premises or on a mobile device, Okta helps IT become more secure and maintain compliance. The Okta service provides directory services, single sign-on, authentication, provisioning, workflow, and built in reporting. ment systems.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/lp/6M/XZVJG3Z9WVSS.PNGOkta makes it easyThe entire organization uses Okta for logging into all our key business systems. It provides security and takes away the pain of remembering passwords for all logins. It also provides additional security with a mobile verification via push. We have so many systems across the organization and it's super easy to self-serve with Okta.,Mobile push verification is excellent. You just have to tap a button on your mobile device (as opposed to having to enter a code) and you're in. Single-sign on is perfect. Everything works as expected and you only have to remember one password. All my applications are easily located in the Okta dashboard. It's the hub for all my work.,It'd be nice to see the dashboard be more configurable on the user end. I'd like to organize my applications by which ones I use most. There's some on there that I don't use at all and I'd like to be able to hide them.,10,Okta saves a lot of time. I don't have to mess around with different logins to sign into my applications. Any applications I need are right there on the dashboard, which reduces friction for me to get into my programs and get started with what I need to do. I can't stress the ease enough and it reduces wasted time.,Microsoft Office 365, Qualtrics, BasecampOkta Increases Employee Efficiency at Hyper Growth Tech CompanyOkta is being leveraged across our whole company -- not a just a single department. It's leveraged as our enterprise wide single-sign on provider. It ensures that employees can quickly access business critical applications in a streamlined manner It also provides increased security features.,Streamlines login process for business critical applications Simple, easy to use interface -- even for new hires! Increased security for your IT team,Company specific branding / user interface More granular reporting for your IT team Pricing -- can get expensive quickly,9,Increased productivity for growing companies Increased peace of mind for your IT team Reduced risk to security threats Improved new hire on-boarding experience,Duo Security,Tableau Online, Asana, Smartsheet, Greenhouse, Expensify, Atlassian Confluence, DocuSignImprove Employee Productivity -- Choose Okta!Okta is being leveraged as our sole single sign-on provider to increase employee efficiency. It's utilized by the entire company. It addresses employee efficiency and IT enterprise wide security.,Compatible with lots of browser-based software solutions! Simple, easy to use interface Helps with IT information security Attentive product team that listens to customer feedback,Single sign on compatibility for non-browser based software More detailed user reporting for your IT team to debug issues Better formatting options to customize for your unique company brand,9,(+) Increased employee productivity (+) Increased application security (+) Increased peace-of-mind for your Head of IT (+) Improved on-boarding process for new hires,Duo Security,Greenhouse, Host Analytics Cloud EPM Suite, Tableau Online, Asana, Smartsheet, DocuSign, Reflektive, Slack, Google DriveOkta is awesome!Okta is used across our entire company for organizing our internal resources. Okta is a solid platform for a single sign-on access to our most commonly used applications. This gives all users a convenient interface for accessing disparate programs that are used to manage common employee resources. By using Okta we're given an easy SSO experience in the office or on mobile.,Simple platform for the end user. Single sign-on makes accessing commonly used applications easy. Makes accessing resources from a mobile device straightforward, without having to go through a large number of authorizations.,Mobile interface can be clunky and unintuitive at times. Doesn't always handle all applications well. Would be nice to be able to have end-user customization for the desktop/mobile interface. A nice feature to have would be previews of the individual applications from the main dashboard.,10,Okta has driven positive impact by saving time with administrative tasks. Cuts down on confusion around user access and accessibility.,Workday Professional Services Automation, Teleopti WFM, JIRA SoftwareVery Convenient and Simple!I use Okta at my current organization and have used it in my previous job as well. It is being used as a sort of overarching portal to sign on to multiple services. Every employee at my organization uses this service and it allows us to have a centralized interface for all of the programs and services we use. You only have to sign in once for Okta and have access to all your tools. It also uses multi-factor authentication so it makes me feel that my data and work is a bit more secure and safe. It's very convenient.,Okta centralizes all of your "sign-ins" so that you only have to do it once to have access to all of your tools. Instead of getting lost trying to have multiple tabs open for all your tools and navigating to multiple pages, you can just log in once and click on the tool you need. Multi-factor authentication protects your data. I have never had any issues or concerns about Okta's security.,Okta from the user end doesn't really have a huge need for improvement. The interface is very simple, sometimes I wish I could customize it but I think that is done on the company-wide level.,10,It saves time and increases the productivity of employees over the long run. It reduces technical issues and concerns when everything is managed in one place.,Oracle Access Management and Microsoft Access,NetSuite, Dropbox, Slack
Okta

Okta Reviews<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>

Okta
Filter 113 vetted Okta reviews and ratings
Jennifer Pardi-Cusick, MBA, PMP profile photo
December 12, 2018

User Review: "Okta makes it easy"

• Mobile push verification is excellent. You just have to tap a button on your mobile device (as opposed to having to enter a code) and you're in.
  • Single-sign on is perfect. Everything works as expected and you only have to remember one password.
  • All my applications are easily located in the Okta dashboard. It's the hub for all my work.
  • It'd be nice to see the dashboard be more configurable on the user end. I'd like to organize my applications by which ones I use most. There's some on there that I don't use at all and I'd like to be able to hide them.
Okta is well suited for any company that uses multiple applications and wants users to be able to self-serve any password issues. The only scenario where I could see it wouldn't be very useful is if a small company only uses one or two applications. That should be easy enough to manage without Okta.
Read Jennifer Pardi-Cusick, MBA, PMP's full review
August 15, 2018

Review: "Okta Increases Employee Efficiency at Hyper Growth Tech Company"

• Streamlines login process for business critical applications
  • Simple, easy to use interface -- even for new hires!
  • Increased security for your IT team
  • Company specific branding / user interface
  • More granular reporting for your IT team
  • Pricing -- can get expensive quickly
Works well
- Simple single sign on provider for growing organizations
- Enhance security for your IT team
- Software stability / reliability

Not so well

- SSO support for non browser based software
- Being the cheapest SSO option
- Customized look and feel to match your company's brand
- Most granular login reporting for your IT team

August 15, 2018

Review: "Improve Employee Productivity -- Choose Okta!"

• Compatible with lots of browser-based software solutions!
  • Simple, easy to use interface
  • Helps with IT information security
  • Attentive product team that listens to customer feedback
  • Single sign on compatibility for non-browser based software
  • More detailed user reporting for your IT team to debug issues
  • Better formatting options to customize for your unique company brand
Pros
- Enterprise wide single sign on provider
- Enhance security for your IT team
- Easy to use for employees of all technical abilities
- Quick installation

Cons
- Pricing; is on the more expensive side
- Customizable formatting
- Integration with non-browser based software
- Detailed reporting
August 13, 2018

User Review: "Okta is awesome!"

• Simple platform for the end user.
  • Single sign-on makes accessing commonly used applications easy.
  • Makes accessing resources from a mobile device straightforward, without having to go through a large number of authorizations.
  • Mobile interface can be clunky and unintuitive at times. Doesn't always handle all applications well.
  • Would be nice to be able to have end-user customization for the desktop/mobile interface.
  • A nice feature to have would be previews of the individual applications from the main dashboard.
Okta is a great platform for managing a plethora of employee resource applications with a single sign-on interface. The Okta platform makes it very easy to give employees a clear picture of what is available to them and ensuring that access is made easy and painless. The system is scalable to work with small and large businesses with varying numbers of active users and programs.
July 20, 2018

Okta Review: "Very Convenient and Simple!"

• Okta centralizes all of your "sign-ins" so that you only have to do it once to have access to all of your tools. Instead of getting lost trying to have multiple tabs open for all your tools and navigating to multiple pages, you can just log in once and click on the tool you need.
  • Multi-factor authentication protects your data. I have never had any issues or concerns about Okta's security.
  • Okta from the user end doesn't really have a huge need for improvement. The interface is very simple, sometimes I wish I could customize it but I think that is done on the company-wide level.
Okta has made managing access to many tools very simple. When using multiple services like Salesforce, Office365, TeliOpti, Slack, Workday, JIRA, etc. having a sole space to view all the tools is appreciated instead of having tons of bookmarks in my browser. I can't really think of a situation where a company would not benefit from this.
Carl Pieri profile photo
May 17, 2018

Okta Review: "Very helpful at managing my logins!"

We use Okta to manage our sign up across all the different web technologies we use. It allows us to manage our logins super easily and securely!
  • I like their interface, it is very simple and clean
  • The single sign-on is easy and I like that sites can tell me I need to use Okta just by email address domain
  • While the interface is clean, it does look a little bit dated - could use a bit of a facelift but that is probably just me being picky, to be honest.
Very well suited for any organization that manages multiple people across multiple technologies - so virtually any business!
Read Carl Pieri's full review
Greg Karp Neufeld profile photo
May 14, 2018

Review: "Save time and secure your organization with Okta"

We are using Okta for our entire organization. For us, this solved the problem of users managing multiple passwords for multiple services. It drastically reduced the time to onboard a new employee and allowed us to easily implement organization-wide MFA. Okta has also allowed us to quickly onboard and integrate the employees of companies that we acquire.
  • Okta makes single sign-on for users easy and allows our employees to access all systems with one username and password.
  • Okta makes automated provisioning of new hires seamless. No work needs to be done by IT.
  • Okta has fantastic technical support.
  • Sometimes the logs can be difficult to interpret.
  • I wish Okta would work with more HRIS systems.
  • Okta can definitely get pricey, but it tends to be worth it.
I would recommend Okta for almost any enterprise who cares about security and uses at least two cloud applications.
Read Greg Karp Neufeld's full review
Jeremiah Miller profile photo
April 30, 2018

User Review: "Okta was the best choice for us"

We use Okta to provide a single sign-on experience to all of our users in the organization. Almost all of our tools and applications are integrated into Okta so that one set of credentials can be used everywhere. In addition to organization-wide applications, individual departments can share applications, even those that don't support single sign-on. Employees never gain access to the username and password of these applications. This increases our security because when employees leave the organization, we can immediately terminate access to all of the applications.
  • Supported applications and sign-on methods. The catalog is very robust, and it is easy to add additional applications
  • Reporting - excellent reporting tools for administrators
  • Ease of use - the interface is easy to understand and looks great
  • It would be nice if we could get more granular reporting that included internal IP addresses of users
It's very well suited for single sign-on. It was designed for this from the ground-up and it shows. Unlike other tools which started with other features and later added single sign-on, Okta is a mature platform for cloud-based single sign-on with a lot of flexibility. Outside of single sign-on, it is less robust, however their development and support team is very responsive to suggestions and requests.
Read Jeremiah Miller's full review
Andy Lutz profile photo
January 26, 2018

User Review: "Save Time and Headaches, Use Okta"

It's used across the entire organization as a security protocol and login syndicator. It helps us integrate single sign-on across many different web tools and also helps us to keep our data and logins/passwords secure. Okta has been a strategic business partner for Segment for quite some time now.
  • Okta has a nice, clean interface.
  • Okta's design makes it easy to view all of your different tools and integrations.
  • Okta generally operates smoothly and swiftly.
  • Okta often requires a user to update browser plugins.
  • Okta is not incredibly easy to understand for a non-technical audience.
  • Okta could be more communicative with changes and/or suggestions for how to use the product.
Okta is well suited for a company that uses a wide array of different tools and integrations and would like to secure the data associated with those logins and passwords. It helps simplify the login flow and helps users not need to remember all of their passwords each time they would like to access a tool.
Read Andy Lutz's full review
May 28, 2018

Review: "Okta as an application provisioning tool"

Our org uses Okta to manage access to all of the software applications that are managed by the IT department. It allows the IT department to control access to different software applications we purchase and it gives the user the ability to not need to remember their password which is a nice feature.
  • It always works
  • Single sign-on is nice and easy
  • Easy for IT to give access to something
  • Not easy to find your password
  • Only works for software IT gives access too
  • Not super flexible
Okta works great for an IT department that wants to top-down control access to each software app that they manage. It doesn't work as well for the end user that is trying to manage all of their passwords, not just the passwords for the apps the IT group cares about.
May 09, 2018

User Review: "OKTA - Great product"

OKTA is used company-wide for Multi-Factor Auth (MFA) and SSO (Single Sign-On). Having one place to log into things is nice. It's especially helpful in our case when we have many services to log into, some of which use shared passwords.
  • I like that I don't have to enter my passwords over and over again. Once I enter them in and they are in Okta, I only have one password to remember. I can pretty much forget all of my passwords and Okta will just remember them and put them in the appropriate fields for me.
  • Limited products/platforms are supported
It's quite simple to deploy and roll out to your team(s).
February 21, 2018

Review: "Okta : Single Sign-On streamlines user workflow"

Okta Single Sign-On was integrated with a new application that was custom developed for the graphics department at a major broadcaster's enterprise. Okta was integrated as the top layer of security to eliminate credential reauthentication as the new system was being accessed by over 200 people with various levels of authority and access boundaries. It saved time with the helpdesk requests and provided easy and fast access to multiple areas of the system for the authorized personnel.
  • Reporting features for Okta have significant advantages over its competitors with detailed reporting for each user and access log.
  • Ability to integrate multiple identity providers.
  • Directory Integration: Okta's ability to configure the master/universal directory that can be set and switched at will is great as it doesnt require separate system updates.
  • Hardware Integration with devices that are on premises requires separate hardware upgrade that can be quite expensive depending on the number of devices required.
  • Price : Okta is great for large enterprises, but small to medium sized companies wouldnt be able to afford the high cost.
  • Company doesnt provide different levels of services that can be added or deleted depending on the needs of the organization.
Okta is excellent for large enterprises that require an added level of security of all their system accesses. Okta's single sign-on improves productivity for the company as it eliminates the need for constant helpdesk password resets. Okta is particularly well suited to organizations that have authorization hierarchy and require various levels of authorizations and access for its users. Okta isn't really for medium to small businesses with a small number of users as the initial integration as well as the monthly recurring costs can add up pretty fast.
May 02, 2018

Okta Review: "Single sign on made easy"

It is used across the whole organisation.
  • Single sign-on capability
  • It almost always works
  • It stores information without being intrusive
  • It can sometimes not work
  • The pop-ups can be irritating at times
  • Sometimes integration between the app and the desktop version doesn't work very well.
When you use a lot of apps it is really useful as it means you don't have to remember loads of passwords etc. It is not so useful for apps where chrome would remember your login details anyway.
Tim Burns profile photo
September 29, 2017

User Review: "Okta Rocks"

Global enterprise implementation. Solved simplification, security, compliance and workflow challenges across multiple systems.
  • SSO across 50+ applications
  • Automated user provisioning of active directory
  • SOX controls adherance
  • User access visibility
  • Immediate M&A new user application access
  • SSO for non-web based applications
  • Smoother integration to industry standard HCM applications
  • Integration to workflow applications such as Service Now
Well suited for enterprises with web based applications
Read Tim Burns's full review
Graham Hill profile photo
September 14, 2017

User Review: "Okta Okta Okta Okta!"

We use it to house our applications under one roof. It's fantastic, easy to use, never causes problem, and I would strongly recommend. The platform is an excellent example of not over-complication a solution. We use it every day and it's been a super easy way to keep all of our applications organized.
  • SSO
  • Secures applications
  • Easily sort which applications we use and where we use them
  • Nothing
  • Platform Rocks
  • The weekly text security feature is annoying
Okta is perfect for an organization that relies on a ton of applications to operate on a day to day basis. It's almost like an employee intranet. The more dependent we become on applications to do our job, this keeps them all together. Best part is the single password so that I don't have to remember 30.
Read Graham Hill's full review
September 27, 2017

User Review: "Okta - Architect inputs"

Okta is used by a variety of organizations including small - large size companies. As a best practice, Okta is deployed in the whole organization but can also be used only for a few departments if they are segregated because of business need. Okta solves the problem of single sign-on mainly, but it also saves a lot of implementation time and deployment and maintenance cost of hardware and software. Availability of sign-on service is also very good. The whole implementation timeline comes down rapidly in a project plan and Okta is best suited for cloud-based SaaS applications. In-house application integration might need extra customization and development of codes in order to integrate with okta.
  • Integration with Cloud-based/SaaS application
  • Implementation time lines
  • Availability of service
  • Ease of support for users
  • Reporting of logs and errors
  • Reporting needs as per customer
  • Customization support
Well suited if a company has more SaaS Applications and needs an SSO solution in less time and cannot keep investing in hardware and software upgrades. Less Appropriate for a company which has more in-house applications for users and are in need of custom reports for compliance management.
JJ McMahon profile photo
January 09, 2017

User Review: "I love Okta and I think you will too!"

We are using Okta as our primary identity solution. It is our master service directory for our users as opposed to Active Directory. We use active directory but it gets its information from Okta. It does this for our entire organization. It assists in too many ways to account for here but here are some of the highlights. We use it for application access and deprov. With the right integrations, you can assign licensing with it. We sync attributes with Okta. We leverage the Okta API to manage groups and generate user account reports. There are so many ways that Okta assists our company. It's really amazing. We utilize IWA so when our users are on our network, they are automatically signed into the Okta portal using their Okta/Windows credentials. It's really amazing what all you can do.
  • User account creation and deprovisioning.
  • Application access and management.
  • Single Sign On so user accounts don't have to be created and removed manually.
  • Can't delete deprovisioned accounts.
Okta is great for companies that are needing to get a handle on the number of apps they have, users assigned to those apps and licensing of apps. Okta is great if you have a bunch of apps that you would really like to have an easier method of users tracking their login info. Okta is great for people looking to streamline account creation. If you have limited applications and a fairly traditional user base, you may see some pushback. If you don't have complete buy-in from upper-level management, you may see some pushback.
Read JJ McMahon's full review
Josh Schlanger profile photo
January 31, 2017

User Review: "Okta Rocks!"

We have deployed Okta for the entire organization to simplify the login process for the apps we used, both in house and the Cloud. We have a mix of SAML and SWA apps. All users have really come to enjoy one place to go to login to corporate applications.
  • SSO via SAML is super easy
  • Integration with Active Directory (AD) makes managing the apps and access a cinch
  • The logging within the app is great, should any security or personnel issues arise
  • Always available.
  • Access any where on any device helps too.
  • We have expanded are use of the full provisioning with SaaS apps that support, which has increased the speed with which to users have access to apps.
  • MFA has been key to ensure a secure platform for our company
  • While not a specific Okta issue, I agree with a previous reviewer and would love to see how Okta could push SAML more into the market so more apps would be easier to integrate with.
  • At times, troubleshooting issues can be challenging. Engaging with support has helped get through those issues.
This app is good for any company managing SSO across multiple apps. Also, if you are company starting out, managing a user directory in Okta is the smart way to go (as opposed to Active Directory).

The only challenge is the DIY'er, where the investment has already been made. My suggestion is consider moving away from DIY, as building and maintaining will be costlier.
Read Josh Schlanger's full review
Kimberly Fuhrer profile photo
January 11, 2017

User Review: "Okta is Awesome"

Okta is being used by my organization to provide SSO for 80+ applications. We use a variety of different types of SSO including SAML, password vaulting, SWA and simply just adding links to internal apps that do not require authentication. We have marketed our Okta portal as a place to access all applications and now our employees come to us asking to have more added everyday. IT Security has become more embedded in projects simply because people want SSO. It is a great way to get our foot in the door and more involved earlier in the application selection process than we normally would be engaged.
  • SSO
  • Adaptive MFA
  • Awesome Support
  • Catalog of pre-configured applications
  • There is no way to alphabetize application list other than manually doing it yourself
Okta is perfect for a company who does not want to invest in a lot of infrastructure, is looking for an easy to administer product, and does not want to devote a FTE just to manage their implementation. If implemented correctly, Okta simply works and only needs attention when you are looking to add new functionality from their growing list of offerings.
Read Kimberly Fuhrer's full review
May 17, 2017

User Review: "Okta comes with its pros and cons"

I have been using Okta for more than 2 yrs now and have seen that the push notifications to log in work better than the messages. Okta can remember my login credentials if I remember to add it to Okta. So far, it's a good experience, however, it asks to log in frequently even after logging in a couple of hours back.
  • Remembers the passwords
  • Frequency and machine learning can be improved
Well suited for enterprise but the frequency of logging in is a factor. It has room to improve if it can learn from my behavior and time of logins and let me know which sites are used how many times by myself. For personal use, it does not do a good job. Security is still a concern.
Devin Garrett profile photo
July 08, 2015

Okta Review: "Satisfied Customer"

We first deployed Okta by department but the feedback and adoption was so great that we decided to deploy it to the whole organization. Whenever we would have any new employees come onboard they would end up with about eleven different passwords. Now we just give them one URL and they're able to take it from there.
  • Okta has a huge library of verified applications. This library of verified applications translates to less headaches for you when it comes to integrating a new application. It also has the unforeseen bonus of acting as an identity app store. When we are evaluating applications we will look to see if they're already Okta verified which can give us a little more insight into the integration process.
  • Okta is able to provision users you choose from your Active Directory environment and create them in the app that allows provisioning. Salesforce is one example of an app that allows provisioning. In one deployment I was able to create hundreds of new users and in one fell swoop.
  • Okta offers some of the best support and training of any product I've seen. During the Heartbleed incident they actually called me to let me know none of my applications were affected.
  • Okta offers a few different pricing tiers but for what I'm using it for the price could be better. Since they offer different pricing tiers it's just a matter of matching up what you need the product to do and what you're willing to pay for.

During my selection process I had the following requirements:

• SSO to on premises applications.
  • User Provisioning (to Active Directory)
  • User De-Provisioning (offboard)
  • Offer Strong Authentication (multi-factor)
  • Supports SAML
  • Mobile App
  • Uptime and reliability

All of these were requirements for our selection of an identity solution. The price wasn't a factor though that should be noted as Okta offers several different pricing and features to suit your needs.

Read Devin Garrett's full review
Sam Dresser profile photo
February 25, 2015

Review: "Okta - Managing your users in an increasingly diverse cloud."

We use Okta to manage any users at one one of our schools that has a Google Apps account. This typically means that they are full-time, or at least need to access multiple systems and would benefit from, not only the single-sign on integration with Google, but also the ability to have SSO or passwords saved for other web apps and systems.
  • My focus is on training, support, and end user experience, and this is where I feel Okta is a no-brainer. If your organization has multiple systems to access (email, productivity apps, marketing/social apps, business apps, intranet bookmarks...), then you need Okta to keep them all one click away.
  • We all have systems that we don't access on a daily basis. Expecting users to remember the passwords to these systems, or to remember that they exist at all, can be a tall order. Okta remembers those passwords for the user, so they just need to click, and then get to work.
  • Adding new staff and terminating staff can be a drag on IT and Help Desk who need to ensure that accounts are closed across multiple systems. Okta makes this easy for you. Deactivate in Okta, and the rest is done for you (or is easily shown that it needs to be done in some instances). This ensures that the wrong people don't continue to access system and resources they shouldn't.
  • They treat you like a partner. Even though you may not be a massive company (maybe you are, in which case, goof for you), but it doesn't matter. Okta will treat you like you're their most important customer. They've been excellent with support, and just being available for us in general.
  • Okta works best with apps that support single-sign on. This, while is a quickly growing list, is still not the norm. Okta is taking many steps to change this, but the current reality is that many of the most popular (particularly consumer) platforms don't support this.
  • If we know all of our users are going to Okta first, I'd love to be able to communicate with them there (important announcements, upcoming maintenance, known outages, etc.). This is a feature I've been told is coming, but isn't available today.
Do you use multiple systems in your organization? If yes, look at Okta. If no, may not be necessary.
Read Sam Dresser's full review
Allen Hilario profile photo
June 15, 2015

User Review: "Okta is Awesome"

We have rolled out Okta to help better manage applications as well as helping users across the company with application log ins. This helps the IT department because there are less tickets for various applications.
  • UI is very simple and easy to navigate
  • Easy to manage users
  • Provisioning accounts sometimes does not work.
  • Box SAML has a few issues.
When there are multiple log ins for various apps, it causes issues.
Read Allen Hilario's full review
Brian Farrell profile photo
February 04, 2015

User Review: "Okta is the end all be all"

As a fully cloud-based company with almost no on premise software/hardware, we use Okta to as SSO/identity management for nearly every tool we use in our business. Our corporate team, company employees and more than 600 GMs, assistant GMs, directors and instructors use Okta to sign in at over 145 franchised locations. It solves remembering passwords for our end users, creating a single portal to start their day, provisioning users automatically for our core apps and allowing us to manage diverse IT situations at 145+ locations with an IT team of 4.
  • Easy to use/simple and clean experience from end user to administrator
  • Simple and mostly-automated setup, whether it be for apps, users or settings
  • Constant addition of new apps, and frequent updates of apps to include SAML
  • Very easy-to-access support team
  • Their knowledge base could be more organized and pruned/updated
  • Sometimes it seems too simple or it's not clear that a function can't be accomplished from a page you'd think it can
  • More flexibility to customize, white label it without having to build an entirely new portal ourselves. Even though you can put a logo in, the portal is still very okta-themed
What apps do they support and for your core apps, are they Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) enabled to provision/deprovision users automatically? Will that support be added in the near- or long-term? We haven't implemented any integration with Active Directory, so I can't say how that goes, but it would be nice to see more universal directory features implemented in their UI (rather than relying on AD or LDAP since they say they're "universal directory"-focused)
Read Brian Farrell's full review
Michael Stevens profile photo
December 18, 2014

User Review: "Okta - Two thumbs up!"

Our organization uses Okta for identity management and single sign on. It is also used as a tool to reset Active Directory passwords for remote employees. Before using Okta, remote employees would need to VPN in to change their passwords. This is no longer the case and employees can avoid having the surprise of an expired AD password.
  • Network password resets
  • Identity management
  • Password management for web apps
  • Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) for a variety of web apps
  • I would like to see more apps that can use SAML
- Password resets are key here so users do not need to use vpn to reset their network password.
- No more post its on desks with their passwords written on them. Okta takes care of that and keeps your passwords safe and secure.
Read Michael Stevens's full review

ID-Management Access Control (1)
ID Management Single-Sign On (SSO) (1)
Multi-Factor Authentication (1)
Password Management (1)

About Okta

Okta is an independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud aims to connect and protect employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks, and Adobe use Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. According to the vendor, Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.

Okta Integrations