Reviews (1-4 of 4)
September 17, 2018
Score 2 out of 10
Olapic is currently being used in the Marketing Department and applied to one of our several brand websites. Since we don't sell our products direct to consumers, Olapic would address the need of creating a conversion point on our website to drive interested consumers directly to one of our retail partners. Additionally, Olapic was purchased for the ability to collect and share consumer generated content.
- With Olapic, you can tag UGC and point out which of your products are in the photo, informing other consumers how your products can be used.
- Olapic offers many out-of-the-box widgets for bringing the tool on to your website with minimal coding necessary.
- Olapic makes it easy for consumers visiting your website to upload their own images and share their experiences with your products.
- Olapic has rather aggressive sales practices, and isn't always respectful of potential customers' time.
- Once signed up for Olapic, there is a noticeable drop-off in account support, sometimes making it difficult to get timely responses on troubleshooting issues. We experienced a lot of turnover with our Olapic account managers, and a lot of down time in between communications (1-2 weeks in some cases)
- We purchased Olapic with the understanding that there was an off-the-shelf option for integrating our products into the Olapic widget so consumers could easily click off to our retail partners to shop if they were interested in a product tagged in user-generated content. This was not the case. We experienced a significant delay while the Olapic team experimented with workarounds to enable functionality they had indicated would be turnkey upon sign-up. Because of this, we've now had the tool for nearly a year and have not yet experienced full implementation or any ROI as anticipated.
- When Facebook and Instagram changed their data security in Spring/Summer 2018, many of Olapic's components essentially "broke" and the team had to create workarounds within the platform that are not intuitive. The main area that was affected by the security updates was the ability to gain usage rights on consumer generated content. The current process for getting a piece of content approved for use is quite time consuming, so we unfortunately have a lot of great user generated content we are not allowed to use. As Olapic was developing workarounds in their platform, their tool experienced many problems, and our team was required to do extensive troubleshooting with the Olapic team to reconnect our accounts and be able to pull in content.
- The Olapic software is not that intuitive to use, yet the Olapic team does not have adequate teaching resources available for customers.
Read this authenticated review
The concept of Olapic- being able to pull in user-generated content and use it in your marketing and website tools is very exciting; however, the software is not ideal for businesses who do not sell direct to consumers via e-comm.
November 16, 2018
Score 7 out of 10
My social media team uses Olapic to track engagements and mentions on social media, organize and tag content, and ultimately provide recommendations based on trends.
- Allows you to tag new content.
- Keeps track of mentions and consent to repurpose content for a brand.
- Provides insights and trends based on social performance.
- There sometimes are glitches within the system that disrupt the feeds that we monitor and report on.
Read this authenticated review
Suited for brands that want to repurpose user generated content, capture consent and keep product streams organized.
Currently we use Olapic to ingest mentions of our products and influencers on Instagram, attach product to them and host the user-generated social content along with shoppable products on our website. It is also used to render our company's Instagram feed shoppable by creating a 'TapShop' that allows us to leverage UGC to market directly on social media.
- It allows for quick filtering of social content and an easy process to tag product to the content. This allows you to leverage external and internal Instagram content on the website
- It ingests our catalog feed an allows for easy searching, which allows relatively easy processes both in tagging Insta content on our website and relating content to product on Instagram.
- It's easy to create instances customized to content on our website using Olapic's widget builder tool. I've had very little problem generating great content and customizing it for several different brands' use.
- So far we haven't leveraged their seeding program to generate more content, I'm not sure how well it would work.
- Moderation can be somewhat tedious since our brand name is similar to words that generate unusable content on Insta, though Olapic does offer moderation services at an additional price to take away the false results.
Read Timothy Lakin's full review
If your brand has a good amount of steady social content, and you like to show it on your site along with shoppable links at the catalog and also at the product level, Olapic is an easy to use utiilty and also allows you to render your Instagram feed shoppable. In our case, we had a very active social presence but did not leverage it directly for the customers to shop from it, so Olapic filled that need.
May 23, 2018
Score 8 out of 10
Olapic is used across the marketing department to power user-generated content on shoppable eCommerce galleries on detailed product pages, app, and email.
- Very easy and seamless back-end experience to curate and tag photos. I've never used a product that comes close to Olapic in terms of the niche need of curating and displaying photos in eCommerce.
- Great client success team who takes in feedback to the product team.
- Flexibility of options to display the photos on various widget styles.
- It's a niche solution. If you're looking for niche, it's great. But if you're looking for an enterprise tool connected to many different systems and data solutions, it might not be for you.
- The revenue analytics are not very reliable.
- Price. This seems like it would be a great solution for medium size businesses, but the price is not feasible for the product.
Read this authenticated review
It depends on what colleague you are speaking to. If you are a medium size business, this could be perfect for you, if you can find the right price. For enterprise solutions, you'll need to think about the future of integrating your solutions, or moving towards one customer experience solution.
Olapic Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Olapic is a content marketing tool specifically focused on visual marketing content. It allows a brand to locate, curate and publish user or fan photos into its own marketing material and website, sourcing many sites (e.g. Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook, etc.), and sending select material omni-channel, using it in emails, print, in-store, or elsewhere. Olapic also provides measures for judging how effective your curation and user-generated content were in boosting conversions. Olapic was acquired by Monotype in 2016.
Olapic Technical Details