September 17, 2018
Score 2 out of 10
Olapic is currently being used in the Marketing Department and applied to one of our several brand websites. Since we don't sell our products direct to consumers, Olapic would address the need of creating a conversion point on our website to drive interested consumers directly to one of our retail partners. Additionally, Olapic was purchased for the ability to collect and share consumer generated content.
- With Olapic, you can tag UGC and point out which of your products are in the photo, informing other consumers how your products can be used.
- Olapic offers many out-of-the-box widgets for bringing the tool on to your website with minimal coding necessary.
- Olapic makes it easy for consumers visiting your website to upload their own images and share their experiences with your products.
- Olapic has rather aggressive sales practices, and isn't always respectful of potential customers' time.
- Once signed up for Olapic, there is a noticeable drop-off in account support, sometimes making it difficult to get timely responses on troubleshooting issues. We experienced a lot of turnover with our Olapic account managers, and a lot of down time in between communications (1-2 weeks in some cases)
- We purchased Olapic with the understanding that there was an off-the-shelf option for integrating our products into the Olapic widget so consumers could easily click off to our retail partners to shop if they were interested in a product tagged in user-generated content. This was not the case. We experienced a significant delay while the Olapic team experimented with workarounds to enable functionality they had indicated would be turnkey upon sign-up. Because of this, we've now had the tool for nearly a year and have not yet experienced full implementation or any ROI as anticipated.
- When Facebook and Instagram changed their data security in Spring/Summer 2018, many of Olapic's components essentially "broke" and the team had to create workarounds within the platform that are not intuitive. The main area that was affected by the security updates was the ability to gain usage rights on consumer generated content. The current process for getting a piece of content approved for use is quite time consuming, so we unfortunately have a lot of great user generated content we are not allowed to use. As Olapic was developing workarounds in their platform, their tool experienced many problems, and our team was required to do extensive troubleshooting with the Olapic team to reconnect our accounts and be able to pull in content.
- The Olapic software is not that intuitive to use, yet the Olapic team does not have adequate teaching resources available for customers.
Read this authenticated review
The concept of Olapic- being able to pull in user-generated content and use it in your marketing and website tools is very exciting; however, the software is not ideal for businesses who do not sell direct to consumers via e-comm.