Skip to main content
OneCause

OneCause

OneCause Review

Incentivized
We hold several events through out the year and we use OneCause for most of them. Event planning, fundraising, ticket sales, auctions, etc

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of OneCause, and make your voice heard!

What is OneCause?

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.onecause.com/solutions/plan…

31 people also want pricing

What is Givebutter?

Nonprofits use Givebutter to replace multiple tools so they can launch fundraisers and events, use donation forms and donor management (CRM), send emails and text blasts. Instead of charging a traditional SaaS subscription fee, Givebutter is free to use with a transparent tip-or-fee model.…

What is Little Green Light?

Little Green Light offers headquartered in New Hampshire offers a donor management platform providing constituent profiles with membership management features in a SaaS application, as well as featuring communication, collaboration and organizational task automation.

What is OneCause?

OneCause supports giving with a fundraising platform designed to make fundraising flexible and frictionless for nonprofits. The fundraising software supports in-person events to virtual and hybrid fundraisers, connecting supporters to a cause and enabling users to raise anytime, on any device.

Boasting more than 40,000 fundraisers and $5.7 Billion raised for good, OneCause states they will help customers raise more and reach more.

OneCause Features

• Supported: Auction | Mobile Bidding | Events: Fundraising Software with Support, Professional Services, Premium Consulting with an Onsite Event Management Team.
  • Supported: Text-to-Give: Flexible donation collection designed for organizations managing multiple mobile campaigns.
  • Supported: Peer-to-Peer | Online Giving: Peer-to-Peer Software to Power campaigns including Run-Walk-Rides, Third Party/Supporter Fundraising, Personal Fundraising, Giving Days, Ambassador Fundraising, Awareness Campaigns, Match Campaigns (Photo, Video, or Donation), Donations forms.

OneCause Screenshots

Screenshot of Users can launch creative peer-to-peer fundraising campaigns, donate occasion campaigns, challenges of any kind, memorial and tribute programs, and year-round “DIY” fundraising programs.Screenshot of Customizable event and online auction websites for each fundraising campaign can be used to manage:

- Run an Online Auction
- Sell Tickets / Sponsorships
- Collect Donations
- Share Event DetailsScreenshot of By projecting a Scoreboard at an event, users can highlight fundraising and engage audiences (both virtual and in-person).Screenshot of The OneCause Fundraising Platform eliminates the need for paper bid sheets to engage donors.Screenshot of Online Fundraising and Text2Give® helps nonprofits to reach new donors and fundraise all year long.

OneCause Videos

OneCause Competitors

OneCause Technical Details

Deployment TypesSoftware as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based
Supported CountriesUnited States, Canada
Supported LanguagesEnglish

OneCause, headquartered in Indianapolis, offers their fundraising solutions supporting mobile bidding for auctions or peer-to-peer giving, Text2Give, and support for ticket sales for fundraising events. OneCause pricing plans support various service levels, including feature breadth for large giving organizations or smaller entities.

GiveSmart, Classy, and Greater Giving are common alternatives for OneCause.

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 9.5.

The most common users of OneCause are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees).

Attribute Ratings

Brian Wachtel | TrustRadius Reviewer
Incentivized
OneCause is well suited to large fundraising events for ticket sales, silent auctions, or other fundraising components.

OneCause is not the solution if you do not want to conduct your auction online in which guests need to use their phones to bid.
Incentivized
OneCause made our life much easier when it comes to event management and silent auction payments. It was a great tool for our internal team and parent volunteer team to stay on track and on the same page. It was very easy to fix data if there was a mistake made and I really appreciated the support team that was quick to getting back to me if I had a question.
Incentivized
I always have a ton of questions and we ended up purchasing this software very close to our big event, I was in panic mode because I was worried I wasn't going to figure the software out in time and our whole night was riding on the software. The support team would stay on the phone with me for an hour at a time and answer all my questions, they answer emails within 24 hours or faster. I felt very supoorted!
Hannah Arakelian-Niebuhr, MS | TrustRadius Reviewer
Incentivized
The OneCause platform is super user-friendly and easy to use. As an admin of our account and someone who hadn't used a platform like this before, I was really happy with the features and the ability to customize the Giving Center to look on-brand. We appreciated the support team's readiness and willingness to help us whenever needed, and they were always able to answer our super-specific questions.
Lauren Widenhofer | TrustRadius Reviewer
Incentivized
Turnstone would highly recommend OneCause for all digital fundraising needs. It has allowed us to host fantastic events, both in-person and virtual, with ease because of their ticketing system, auction capabilities and virtual streaming options. OneCause also allowed us to pivot during the COVID-19 pandemic and place a huge emphasis on our digital fundraising strategy. Their Peer2Peer platform allowed our supporters from across the country to create pages and ask their friends and family members to consider donating to Turnstone. We have steadily increased our new donor numbers and fully transitioned into the digital fundraising world. So many people have been able to come alongside Turnstone in supporting people with disabilities because of OneCauses' intuitive and easy to use fundraising software.
Krystl D Gauld | TrustRadius Reviewer
Incentivized
I think that onecause is great for any organization. I learned about it 5 years ago while working with another organization. When switching to another organization, I reached out to them only to discover we were already partners. So, we worked towards renewing that relationship. Finally, I am an active relationship with onecause again at my current organization. All three organizations focused on health and human services but executed its work and mission differently. So, I believe it can work for any organization. The risk may be committing to a three year contract.

OneCause Review

Incentivized
OneCause is a great place to plan an event with check off lists to make sure you don't forget anything and reminder emails to alert the busy planner of upcoming steps in the process. The system has a place for everything from beginning to end including follow up after your event.

Thankful for OneCause

Incentivized
OneCause is well suited for events for a younger generation as it creates a digital platform to track expenses/revenue and market the event. It is well suited for events that include a silent auction as it has a great design to showcase/preview silent auction items to build excitement prior to the event. It might be less appropriate for events not open to the public or for generations not familiar/savvy with online purchases.
Incentivized
Last year was my first time using OneCause. I had a lot of questions when it came to setting up our large school auction. The over the phone customer support was the best I've ever experienced. They were really patient and helpful and almost always I was confident my question/problem was resolved by the end of the call.
Incentivized
OneCause is less appropriate for small, intimate events. It works incredibly well for large-scale auctions, fundraisers, and events where the goal is the maximize the amount of money you can raise. It makes it easy for guests to support your cause and give money through donations, appeals auctions, and so on.
Incentivized
We tried to use it for ticketing events and people didn't want to do that because they had to set up an account. If there was a way for them to purchase stuff without having to create an account that would have been nice.
December 07, 2022

Galas Galore

Online auctions work great! The ease of getting people into the platform and having them bid is wonderful. I would not use OneCause for ticketing for an event that did not have an online auction because of the pricing. I hate having to pay per ticket.
December 07, 2022

Customer Service is Key!

Megan Stubbs | TrustRadius Reviewer
Incentivized
I like how it's a one-stop shop, and you can have OneCause employees work at your event. I find that so helpful and gives me a lot of peace of mind while running an event. It's nice to have that extra set of hands and brainpower. I've been able to make it work for all the things we need at an event.
Incentivized
Great for smaller organizations that really have to rely on a third-party system to help them manage special events, as they lack the permanent staff to handle all the ins and outs that accompany special event planning. Also really great for events that you know have a regular cadence and format to them and where you can duplicate the core content from one year to the next and then just update the copy/details as needed.
Incentivized
Finding the time needed to train on OC and all of its features - is difficult for me to do. I liked OC overall. However, it seems, at times, overly complicated. I think making it a bit more simplified would be helpful to users that just don't have hours for training. The staff was excellent and knowledgeable. For me, the platform seems a bit complex. It would be great to simplify somehow due to time constraints for your end users, like myself.