OneDrive Reviews

Dave Becker | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 18, 2020

Cloud Storage Solution for Microsoft Suite Users

Alternatives Considered

OneDrive is included in our Microsoft suite of products so there was no additional cost for us to use it. We use OneDrive for that reason mainly. For the most part, it does what you expect a cloud storage system to do, and it does it fairly well. For a larger group (10 or more users) OneDrive performs to our expectations.
Read Dave Becker's full review
Jeff Mullin | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 15, 2020

OneDrive Review

Alternatives Considered

In past organizations, I have utilized Dropbox as a tool for file sharing and document collaboration. In my opinion, OneDrive is a much more comprehensive solution, because OneDrive takes Dropbox one step further by integrating and automatically saving files in the device in a much more seamless manner. Therefore, I highly recommend OneDrive.
Read Jeff Mullin's full review
February 13, 2020

OneDrive - A Great Replacement for Personal Servers

Alternatives Considered

I believe OneDrive was selected due to Microsoft's proven record on information security. It is easily integrated with other apps that employees use within the office suite. Google and Dropbox services do not seem as secure as Microsoft O365 products. In a highly regulated industry, we need a secure cloud storage platform and are happy with OneDrive so far.
Lukas Sundahl, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 12, 2019

OneDrive all the way to the top!

Alternatives Considered

One Drive stacks up well against Dropbox and ShareFile because of its ease of use. With so many people using Microsoft Office Products it is easy to pick up how to use and leverage OneDrive. OneDrive allows quick use of applications like Excel within OneDrive without having to move the file out of the storage location. In addition we get our OneDrive with a Microsoft Office Subscription so it only makes sense to take advantage of OneDrive.
Read Lukas Sundahl, MBA's full review
Joel Brache | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 09, 2019

Great Feature-Rich Cloud Storage with Native Windows 10 Integration

Alternatives Considered

I don't know that I can say that OneDrive is the best of all the cloud storage solutions, but rather that it stacks up against all of them very well. I can't say that one service is overall better than others because I just don't feel like any one service is better than the others. One of the main reasons I like OneDrive so well is because of the native integration with Windows 10 and the online interface is beautiful and easy to use.
Read Joel Brache's full review
Matthew Smith | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 04, 2020

OneDrive Storage Centre

Alternatives Considered

All of these products require a document storage system or are a document storage system. All of them get you to replicate what you are currently doing and paying for with Office 365 and OneDrive as a packaged feature. It’s just as robust and is native to your operating system if using Microsoft.
Read Matthew Smith's full review
Nikhil Deshpande | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 19, 2020

Secure cloud storage for your documents.

Alternatives Considered

Tight integration with Office 365 is the main reason. Besides, Microsoft has a good reputation for supporting enterprise customers. Smartsheet does not have that reputation. We also have a long, stable relationship with Microsoft. Microsoft provides 1 TB of storage for each user. Since many employees create and share a lot of audio and video content, we require storage of this magnitude for most employees.
Read Nikhil Deshpande's full review
Tom Wondra | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 16, 2020

Great backup tool for small business

Alternatives Considered

OneDrive was a perfect fit for our use case. Sharepoint was too robust and complicated, Dropbox too simple. Not an Apple shop fo iCloud was out. Not a Google shop, so less appealing. OneDrive fit the bill perfectly.
Read Tom Wondra's full review
Cesare Arienti | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 10, 2020

OneDrive is a good option for modern cloud sharing software

Alternatives Considered

OneDrive was firstly integrated into our Office 365 license and integrates very well with our Microsoft Windows and Office environment. It provides good integration with Word, Excel, and Powerpoint. Having the ability to allow multiple users to edit the same Word, Excel files via web or via a modern desktop app or mobile device. It's also part of SharePoint a very good platform to manage company content and Microsoft Teams where users can chat and share files on this platform.
Read Cesare Arienti's full review
Alicia Meyer | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 09, 2020

Compatible with Microsoft, Weak as a Stand-Alone Option

Alternatives Considered

OneDrive and Google Drive offer the same essential functions, and whichever product matches the larger network of your organization ought to be preferred first. Google Drive offers faster and easier switching between accounts and more reliable document syncing. OneDrive is more compatible with Microsoft Office than Google Drive. Both offer online and mobile versions.
Read Alicia Meyer's full review
Paul Weber | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 14, 2019

A simple sync that is built into Windows

Alternatives Considered

OneDrive is integrated with O365 and Outlook, as well as Windows is really the game-changer. Dropbox and Google pioneered the way, but Microsoft has a tightly integrated, dead simple solution here that I struggle to find complaint with. Google gives some better options for converting files based on type (particularly photos).
Read Paul Weber's full review
Shannon McNamara | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 12, 2019

OneDrive is the best solution for the Microsoft users out there!

Alternatives Considered

OneDrive is the best option for us to use because we use PCs / Microsoft. The next best version would be Google Drive, and in my opinion Dropbox would be fine for sharing video files, or anything large, but doesn't have the great collaboration features that Google Drive and OneDrive offer to their customers.
Read Shannon McNamara's full review
David White | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 11, 2019

Great tool to add to your business for staff and clients

Alternatives Considered

I have used Dropbox some but not a lot. Since OneDrive is included with Office 365 and integrates with Windows so well we have not really investigated using a different file sharing service. Since the cost is included in our current subscriptions the choice is really a no brainer unless there is some missing feature that we are not aware of.
Read David White's full review
Jeff Henkel | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 05, 2019

OneDrive and you're done!

Alternatives Considered

OneDrive seems to work similarly to both Apple iCloud and Google Drive. I have used Apple iCloud for a longer time and tend to keep all my personal files in iCloud. But for my small business, I mainly use OneDrive.
I have used Google Drive less and mainly for collaboration with colleagues. Google Drive seems to work fine, however, splitting my business files into two separate entities just doesn' make sense to me for the way I organize my files.
Read Jeff Henkel's full review
Michael J Mandeville | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 04, 2019

Best Cloud Storage/Collaboration Software

Alternatives Considered

I prefer OneDrive over Dropbox because of the deep integration with Microsoft Office. I've used OneDrive since it was SkyDrive and it's come a long way. Dropbox has its place and it's own pros and cons, but OneDrive is more transparent and better suited to environments that want to collaborate within an Office 365 environment.
Read Michael J Mandeville's full review
Kelly Wasden | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 11, 2019

Great way to centralize all files - The OneDrive to rule them all

Alternatives Considered

The biggest downfall of something like Dropbox is it isn't natively built into additional software like GDrive or OneDrive. We ultimately selected OneDrive because of the ecosystem we are on. For us, it just made a lot of sense as a business since everyone was proficient and familiar with Microsoft products since we use them daily with their suite of products. We had a hard time with GDrive because a lot of the similarities are on point and Google historically has a better look and feel. Ultimately for us, the price was fair and we pulled the trigger.
Read Kelly Wasden's full review
John Carter | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 30, 2019

My review of Microsoft's Storage tool: OneDrive

Alternatives Considered

OneDrive is one of the coolest inventions done by Microsoft to safely and securely store your data without any hesitation and worry. It has helped in easy synchronization of emails that leads to instant sharing of files in the company. Gives you an ample space of 15 GB as free to check this application in the best way possible and make a positive decision.
Read John Carter's full review
December 13, 2019

Use it if you have Office

Alternatives Considered

I personally like Dropbox more but OneDrive has better support and it is integrated directly into the Microsoft Office environment. You can attach files directly from OneNote or Outlook and the file sharing is really easy. The versioning in OneDrive seems better although not really user friendly. Since OneDrive is a Microsoft product it also ties into Windows a little more seamlessly.
January 19, 2020

My experience using OneDrive.

Alternatives Considered

After our analysis, we found OneDrive superior to Dropbox and Backblaze, considering our specific scenario of use. We also found OneDrive very similar to Google Drive when comparing features, ease-of-use, etc.(both are in the same level). Google offered more storage space, but OneDrive is connected directly to Microsoft tools.

Versioning (73)
Video files (84)
Audio files (78)
Document collaboration (90)
Access control (91)
File search (96)
Device sync (94)
User and role management (81)
File organization (92)
Device management (75)
Performance (94)
Reliability (95)
Storage Reports (71)

About OneDrive

OneDrive from Microsoft is a cloud storage and file syncing service.