Autosave Has Saved Me

I have used One Drive in all three jobs I've had recently. When I worked at the Basilica of Saint John, we used One Drive for our shared …

Review for Microsoft OneDrive

This is basically being used for the following aspects:
1) To securely store.
2) To access the data/files.
3) To share and collaborate with …

A secure place to collaborate

It is incredibly helpful having your files in one place and in the cloud! This way you can access your files from multiple devices and …

Reliability (107)

Performance (106)

File search (108)

Device sync (106)

OneDrive for Business Plan 1

Microsoft 365 Business Basic

OneDrive for Business Plan 2

Per Month (Annual Commitment)

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.trustradius.com/buyer…

Starting price (does not include set up fee)

• $5 per month

File Sharing & Management

Cloud Storage Security & Administration

Cloud Storage Platform

What is OneDrive?

OneDrive from Microsoft is a cloud storage and file syncing service.

OneDrive Video

OneDrive Demo

OneDrive Integrations

OneDrive Technical Details

Alternatives

What is OneDrive?

OneDrive from Microsoft is a cloud storage and file syncing service.

How much does OneDrive cost?

OneDrive starts at $5.

What is OneDrive's best feature?

Reviewers rate Document collaboration highest, with a score of 9.1.

Who uses OneDrive?

The most common users of OneDrive are from Mid-size Companies and the Information Technology & Services industry.

Rebekah Ryan, PMP | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Box
Box is another file-sharing application that is very similar to OneDrive. Box falls short of OneDrive in its syncing capabilities. OneDrive is very quick with syncing so you never have to be concerned that you are not using the most up-to-date materials. Box was always a bit delayed and did not always accurately sync across systems. OneDrive benefits from being backed by Microsoft, so you expect the connection across applications that it allows. OneDrive also provides consistency for use and intuitive understanding because of that Microsoft consistency. I'd prefer OneDrive over Box.
Rida Niaz | TrustRadius Reviewer
OneDrive is one of the best online software where I can easily save my essential files such as pdf files, word documents, PowerPoint presentations, and many more. There is much software that does a similar job like OneDrive. I used OneDrive for the very first time when I was in my first year of academics.
Though Dropbox has been in existence and popular, I found OneDrive to be much more effective in terms of pricing. And app support is better with OneDrive. Also as mentioned the new feature of not downloading all files but showing the names gets my vote for OneDrive. One more feather in favour of OneDrive would be the integration with rest of Microsoft software suite
OneDrive is my go to solution because included in the price of OneDrive is full access to the Microsoft Office suite of programs. It also includes all the same features as Google Drive and Dropbox, but includes those programs and even an email account if you want, so its the most complete solution in my opinion.
Paulo Moreno | TrustRadius Reviewer
OneDrive gives powerful security and gives sufficient protection to our valuable data over Google Drive. It saves much of our precious time by synchronizing various files automatically. This auspicious tool lets us make privacy changes in each and every folder where there is a need and let us share private content conveniently.
Queennie Jhoy Ventura | TrustRadius Reviewer
OneDrive is the easiest to navigate application in this field. It serves its purpose and at the same time makes it easy for employees to work with it. It does not require any specific OS for it to work nor require a high premium payment.
Jeff Henkel | TrustRadius Reviewer
OneDrive seems to work similarly to both Apple iCloud and Google Drive. I have used Apple iCloud for a longer time and tend to keep all my personal files in iCloud. But for my small business, I mainly use OneDrive.
I have used Google Drive less and mainly for collaboration with colleagues. Google Drive seems to work fine, however, splitting my business files into two separate entities just doesn' make sense to me for the way I organize my files.
Blake Calson | TrustRadius Reviewer
OneDrive is ideal for document management and security of remote access to data and other important company data. I consider it secure and reliable as compared to Google Drive even though Google Drive offers more storage space for free.
OneDrive has a specific file syncing technology which is otherwise known as the block level copying and [t]here the files would be broken [into] smaller packages whereas Google Drive would mine the user data from that of the files being uploaded to Google Drive.
OneDrive gives a better user control over that the backups. Also there is a lot of customization options available for photos as well as video backup.
OneDrive stands out above these services in the integration it has with other Office 365 applications. There is no cloud storage solution that integrates as well with these applications that most users use on a daily basis. OneDrive has also made it easy for users to seamlessly share files with internal and external users and allows much control over setting user permissions. In the area of security, OneDrive is a more secure solution than a lot of other cloud storage solutions on the market, although this may be based on personal opinion.
August 12, 2020

Controller

I think OneDrive and Dropbox are very compatible, however Dropbox has the advantage of being out in the market earlier. There is also a perception that OneDrive is not compatible across devices especially since Dropbox has apps across different platforms. Lastly there is also a perception that OneDrive is meant for "business" purposes only.
Dave Becker | TrustRadius Reviewer
OneDrive is included in our Microsoft suite of products so there was no additional cost for us to use it. We use OneDrive for that reason mainly. For the most part, it does what you expect a cloud storage system to do, and it does it fairly well. For a larger group (10 or more users) OneDrive performs to our expectations.
February 15, 2020

OneDrive Review

In past organizations, I have utilized Dropbox as a tool for file sharing and document collaboration. In my opinion, OneDrive is a much more comprehensive solution, because OneDrive takes Dropbox one step further by integrating and automatically saving files in the device in a much more seamless manner. Therefore, I highly recommend OneDrive.
February 04, 2020

OneDrive Storage Centre

Matthew Smith | TrustRadius Reviewer
All of these products require a document storage system or are a document storage system. All of them get you to replicate what you are currently doing and paying for with Office 365 and OneDrive as a packaged feature. It’s just as robust and is native to your operating system if using Microsoft.
I believe OneDrive was selected due to Microsoft's proven record on information security. It is easily integrated with other apps that employees use within the office suite. Google and Dropbox services do not seem as secure as Microsoft O365 products. In a highly regulated industry, we need a secure cloud storage platform and are happy with OneDrive so far.
Lukas Sundahl, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
One Drive stacks up well against Dropbox and ShareFile because of its ease of use. With so many people using Microsoft Office Products it is easy to pick up how to use and leverage OneDrive. OneDrive allows quick use of applications like Excel within OneDrive without having to move the file out of the storage location. In addition we get our OneDrive with a Microsoft Office Subscription so it only makes sense to take advantage of OneDrive.
Joel Brache | TrustRadius Reviewer
I don't know that I can say that OneDrive is the best of all the cloud storage solutions, but rather that it stacks up against all of them very well. I can't say that one service is overall better than others because I just don't feel like any one service is better than the others. One of the main reasons I like OneDrive so well is because of the native integration with Windows 10 and the online interface is beautiful and easy to use.
Nikhil Deshpande | TrustRadius Reviewer
Tight integration with Office 365 is the main reason. Besides, Microsoft has a good reputation for supporting enterprise customers. Smartsheet does not have that reputation. We also have a long, stable relationship with Microsoft. Microsoft provides 1 TB of storage for each user. Since many employees create and share a lot of audio and video content, we require storage of this magnitude for most employees.
Tom Wondra | TrustRadius Reviewer
OneDrive was a perfect fit for our use case. Sharepoint was too robust and complicated, Dropbox too simple. Not an Apple shop fo iCloud was out. Not a Google shop, so less appealing. OneDrive fit the bill perfectly.
Cesare Arienti | TrustRadius Reviewer
OneDrive was firstly integrated into our Office 365 license and integrates very well with our Microsoft Windows and Office environment. It provides good integration with Word, Excel, and Powerpoint. Having the ability to allow multiple users to edit the same Word, Excel files via web or via a modern desktop app or mobile device. It's also part of SharePoint a very good platform to manage company content and Microsoft Teams where users can chat and share files on this platform.