OneDrive from Microsoft is a cloud storage and file syncing service.https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/sR/Aq/R8ZLRHTMSI8D.PNGAn Effective Product OverallWe are using OneDrive in a few isolated departments and not companywide. It addresses a constant issue that we have as a SaaS company, which is the storage of sensitive data. We need to store things like lead data, but also need to make sure it is on tight lockdown. OneDrive is good for this.,OneDrive is great for securely storing data. Easy and fairly intuitive. Not very hard to teach someone how to use.,The downloadable application for the desktop is rather clunky. Free version has very limited storage. Can be a bit flustering at times.,9,Protects our data Stores our data Difficult to sync with hard drive storage,9,8,Google Cloud AI and Apple iCloud,Asana, Salesforce App Cloud, CallidusCloud SalesSelectorGreat way to centralize all files - The OneDrive to rule them allI don't think any ONE product can be used solely within an org, but we do a good enough job I feel. We needed a solution that was user-friendly, easy to navigate and use from a permissions standpoint. As a growing org, we desperately needed something to house all of our files instead of relying on everyone keeping multiple copies on computers. Our biggest problem OneDrive helped with is ONE location for all updated marketing materials and projects we are working on. There are a few people that are using GDrive or Box, etc. but the move to OneDrive was seamless and easy for us to make happen and was done quickly and with relatively low effort.,Current copies of updated docs Ease of use with mobile app/Desktop Seamless integration within Microsoft ecosystem,Late to the game with Dropbox, Box, etc Need to double down on their app access like their desktop experience Opening up additional file access like MacOS related,9,ROI - One file access point instead of multiple across the organization. Document collaboration. Speed of information greatly improved.,9,9,Google Drive and Dropbox,SugarCRM, Outreach, WorkfrontCost effective cloud storageIt is being used by me individually at the moment and we haven't started collaboration. It is a good option for saving files on the go and accessing them from anywhere.,It came with our Office 365 license and was very easy to install and set up. Decent amount of included storage. Flexible options regarding which folder to sync at which device.,Security. File sharing with other Office 365 users can be a bit confusing.,9,Its seamless integration into Office 365 cuts down IT support time for installation and configuration, etc. Very cost-effective.,9,5,DropboxRobust and User Friendly Data Storage SolutionOneDrive is being used as a solution to save user files and documents and synchronize the data with other endpoint user devices. We recently moved our users to use Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) and we used this storage solution to store the data. This became available to us with Office365.,Data availability when using a different system. I save documents on my work computer and I can access it from my personal computer when logged in using the same corporate account. There is no need for an external drive to plug in and copy data. Speed of data synchronization.,Storage restriction. Since this is being shared there will be a restriction on how much data you can save.,9,Positive - ease of use and protecting user data. Positive - access to your data from anywhere. Positive- ensuring your data will not get lost, even if there is a hardware failure on your personal device.,9,9,DropboxPracticalOneDrive is used by the entire company, with a little more than 200 employees. It is incorporated into our corporate email, where we acquired the entire Office 365 package. We concentrate on shared and private files, documents that accompany us everywhere, everything in the tool helps us to make work routines more practical.,It is very easy to use, intuitive, has no way to get in the way. Useful tools in the suite. Availability, being in the cloud, follows you wherever you go, you only need a connection to the web. Lightweight, does not crash, loads files quickly.,Sharing within a group was a bit confusing, since the existence of multiple files was shared with multiple emails and I could not keep track of them. I needed to add each email to the shared folder.,10,Still no negative impact. Since it was implemented in the company, the impact has been positive due to the collaboration resources in the work environment.,Google Drive,TeamViewer, Oracle VM VirtualBox, Skype, Adobe Acrobat DC,9,9OneDrive - A Great Replacement for Personal ServersOneDrive is being rolled out as a replacement for individual servers for everyone at my global organization. It is addressing the need for cloud storage, collaboration, and secure mobile access. It's helping us stop the use of unapproved and less secure tools like Google Drive and Basecamp. Employees are excited about using it due to the positive improvements to the UX and ease of use.,User Experience - OneDrive is easy to use. It's natively integrated on everyone's computers after downloading it from our App portal. It's just like using local file management on your computer. You can easily tell when files are confirmed to be uploaded with intuitive green check marks. Web Access - If for some reason you need to access your files from a browser instead of natively, the experience is still positive. When opening a OneDrive file in browser, you can edit in browser with the browser office apps. Mobile Access - Accessing files on the go is critical these days. The OneDrive mobile app is easy to use and allows you to see all of your files and files shared with you. Paired with other O365 apps, you can also edit files on the go which is very convenient. The O365 mobile apps are great!,Sending Links - Though you can easily share links to files from the web experience, it isn't the same on the native experience. It would be nice if you could right click on a file to share its location with someone vs. opening the office application to share with others. File Character Restrictions - This isn't just with OneDrive, but sometimes files will not upload due to an unsupported character in the file name.,10,Positive - Less dependency on insecure tools that pose a risk to our business (Google Drive, Dropbox, Basecamp) Positive - Increased employee productivity due to multi-device access to files and mobile friendly experience. Positive - Increased collaboration on files as opposed to previously sending files back and forth.,10,10,Google Drive and Dropbox,Microsoft Office 365, Workfront, Skype for Business (formerly Lync)OneDrive, best for MS Office users.Even though our company uses Office 360, there is no company wide policy for using of OneDrive as default file sharing and storage system. Every user has access to their own OneDrive directory. Most people use it to share files with other employees. I use it mostly to share files between many devices. I like to have my documentation accessible whenever I need it. Usually when I have ideas about some documentation I need to write, I start writing it at that moment. It can be in train on my way to work. Then I can open the same document on my office machine and continue working on it. I can imagine more people doing the same. I also use OneDrive with OneNote - taking notes on my phone or Surface, and open them on desktop to review and organize them.,Integration with office, especially with Office 360. Integration with OneNote. It works on every platform and device.,Sometimes the files get corrupted, I had a situation on my home desktop PC (Windows 10), where I was not able to sync for a long time. I needed to remove one drive and install clean copy. Synchronization speed and frequency sometimes is low.,7,Makes work faster and more transparent,,Google Drive, Dropbox,Saving and opening files to OneDrive folders. It (usually) syncs without you even noticing it or any need for any user action.,When it stops working (does not sync) it is hard to troubleshoot.,Yes,7One Drive for EverythingA few users are currently using OneDrive as a way to quickly and securely access business documents that are edited both in office, at home and on the road.,Easily integrated into Windows Provides a convenient way to access documents among PCs Give ability to share documents with others Great multi-platform support,Better previews More space for cost Better backup abilities,8,Quicker access to files Ability to share with outsiders,,Visual Studio.NET, MySQL, Microsoft Exchange,5,2,Simple Integrated Support multiple platforms Allow easy sharing,Access being able to be given to non-employees.,N/A,9,Integration Sharing,None,Yes,9OneDrive for Business is what every corporate backup should beThis is for OneDrive for Business. Note: I use OneDrive as cloud file repository and personal backup solution that has both PC and mobile access. At work, my colleagues (within the department) and my project team use OneDrive for Business to sync our project files and work files as a backup solution.,Seamless syncing and backup over a corporate network. There is no need for manual upload and download of files anymore. Access is controlled via MS Active Directory. Our files cannot be accessed by others outside our department/project team. Secured environment. Syncing to the server is over our corporate network and VPN from home. Setting up folders can be done easily from SharePoint without much configuration.,Need to install OneDrive for Business. This is installed together with our Office Enterprise in our work laptops. We need the IT team to install this or [get it] pushed down from central management. The disk quota is unknown. Unlike OneDrive at home, the available space is not really visible to the client. After setting up the folder, it is hard to move it to another folder - for example moving from My Documents to D:/ Drive to reclaim space.,8,As an end user, OneDrive has been super useful for team and department use. As there is no actual access to the value of investment, ROI is not available.,Microsoft Server,Dropbox, Google Drive, Amazon Cloud Drive,9,2,Project Team document repository Department files repository Important work files backup,Sending large files as a workaround to email file size limitation.,10,Yes,Product Usability Product Reputation Existing Relationship with the Vendor,No change.,Self-taught,Setting up. Just click OneDrive from SharePoint and follow the OneDrive wizard. The backup and sync function happen in the background seamlessly.,Yes, but I don't use it,9OneDrive great accross OneTeam at timeOneDrive is being used primarily by our social media and reporting teams. It is used to store and send reports, artwork, and other assets to members across the team and to the client.,OneDrive has the capacity to hold a lot of files. The search function is pretty easy to use. You can store and view metadata on assets. It can handle multiple people logged into the same account at the same time. You can easily create links to share work with other people.,I am unable to upload folders to OneDrive (I use a Mac), so I have to go folder by folder to upload content.,6,We are able to share and access files off our company network, so even if you're away from work and/or it's a weekend, anyone on the team can access files. Sometimes it can be a part time job for the person managing the account because they need to manage permissions and folders. The client is easily able to access content meant for them.,Dropbox and Xinet,Dropbox, Trello, Basecamp,,2,We work with Microsoft. The client uses it. You can access files outside the company network. Large capacity for storage. Teams can use one account.,Sharing creative files between creative team members. Organizing large assets on a monthly basis. Searching and finding old assets,To share files between teams. To share animations/video and their working files between teams.,7,You can drag and drop files straight into OneDrive. The search function is simple. Sharing is easy.,I was not able to upload folders. I was not able to sync OneDrive to my computer. Sometimes the upload/download times were too long.,7
OneDrive

OneDrive Reviews

OneDrive

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019
Showing 10 of 470 OneDrive ratings and reviews.

Do you use this product? Write a Review
Nathan Richardson profile photo
August 17, 2019

An Effective Product Overall

Usability

I have given it this rating because it accomplishes the basic task that we use it for, storing and protecting our sensitive data. That being said, I hesitate to give it a completely positive rating, because I feel that the software performs at a bare minimum level, skimping out on some of the bells and whistles that would be nice.
Read Nathan Richardson's full review
Kelly Wasden profile photo
August 11, 2019

Great way to centralize all files - The OneDrive to rule them all

Usability

Microsoft has made strides in vastly upgrading their products. OneDrive for desktop is MUCH prettier and easier than ever to use. The apps are constantly improving and I feel their feedback channel is really making an effort to listen to power users and implement as much as they can while still giving great updates along the way. This is one thing that I enjoy is the involvement with the community and how many people really care and how Microsoft portrays that they also care.
Read Kelly Wasden's full review
August 12, 2019

OneDrive - A Great Replacement for Personal Servers

Usability

Using OneDrive is very intuitive and has been improved over the years. It's just like using native file management on either your Mac or PC. It's drag and drop functionality is easy and it clearly shows when files are uploaded to the cloud or if there are errors.
Filip Witkowski profile photo
February 29, 2016

OneDrive, best for MS Office users.

Usability

OneDrive is still missing some key features. The web interface is pretty well organized, but should have more features. Like Google Drive uses build in web apps for editing documents, I don't want to be forced to download a file every time I want to edit it. Sometimes it is not responsive - it looks like it hanged up.
Read Filip Witkowski's full review
February 25, 2016

OneDrive great accross OneTeam at time

Usability

It's an easy program to use, but it didn't always meet my needs. I needed to be able to upload folders. Sometimes it took too long to upload large files. I couldn't sync the program to my computer. I didn't have control over permissions. And if I signed into Skype with a different account, I would get logged out of my team's OneDrive account.

Versioning (49)
Video files (59)
Audio files (55)
Document collaboration (61)
Access control (63)
File search (66)
Device sync (64)
User and role management (55)
File organization (63)
Device management (50)
Performance (65)
Reliability (65)
Storage Reports (52)

About OneDrive

OneDrive from Microsoft is a cloud storage and file syncing service.