OneDrive Reviews

August 11, 2020

Controller

Support Rating

Since it's a Microsoft Product, I've never had any issues with Microsoft support. Although my experience with OneDrive has been mainly positive so there was not a lot of need to contact customer support. The system has been very user friendly and mostly intuitive.
Lukas Sundahl, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 12, 2019

OneDrive all the way to the top!

Support Rating

Microsoft has worked hard to provide support as more work is done in the cloud. Within OneDrive you can easily get help and reach out for support if needed. Since OneDrive is commonly used you can also find resources on the web and even YouTube to solve any problems. It is so nice not having to buy a new version and simply have the latest updates pushed automatically via our Microsoft Office subscription.
Read Lukas Sundahl, MBA's full review
Joel Brache | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 09, 2019

Great Feature-Rich Cloud Storage with Native Windows 10 Integration

Support Rating

I've never had any issues with OneDrive and never had any need to contact customer services. I think that is the best indication of a quality product that exists. Overall, Microsoft support has been reasonable to work with. I've had one situation, has nothing to do with OneDrive, that Microsoft support performed poorly, but in all other situations, Microsoft support has been reasonable to very good. Overall, a positive rating from me on Microsoft's customer support, especially with regards to OneDrive (because I haven't needed support).
Read Joel Brache's full review
Dave Becker | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 18, 2020

Cloud Storage Solution for Microsoft Suite Users

Support Rating

Support seems to be limited, in my experience, to the general help articles offered online. Luckily we haven't experienced anything that has required more research than looking through those articles, and I can't imagine a scenario where you would need more support than that. Still, it would be nice to have a knowledgable person available to help you when an issue arises.
Read Dave Becker's full review
Jeff Mullin | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 15, 2020

OneDrive Review

Support Rating

I have never had to utilize the customer support team for OneDrive because the solution has been simple and easy to use. Therefore, I cannot comment on the customer service of the platform. However, I see the ease of use as a massive benefit of the solution. I'm glad I've never needed support!
Read Jeff Mullin's full review
Matthew Smith | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 04, 2020

OneDrive Storage Centre

Support Rating

I have always had great support with OneDrive. They can help troubleshoot and even walk you through the most complicated issues and solutions. The response time is quick and they do well following up and closing out their cases. They offer self support articles but are always available to talk in person.
Read Matthew Smith's full review
Cesare Arienti | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 10, 2020

OneDrive is a good option for modern cloud sharing software

Support Rating

Microsoft support is not always instant for non-critical problems. It has taken days to diagnose a permission problem, this was the only time I had to contact Microsoft support. Overall it has a good FAQ and it's a very simple and plain software, so contacting support is rare.
Read Cesare Arienti's full review
Alicia Meyer | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 09, 2020

Compatible with Microsoft, Weak as a Stand-Alone Option

Support Rating

I have not called Microsoft support for assistance with OneDrive, so I cannot evaluate this capability. Our institution's support remains incredibly limited. I'm not sure if the institution's lack of support derives from limited support from Microsoft or simply understaffing challenges in our IT department. Regardless, I have not received support for my issues with it nor seen Microsoft respond to changes in the industry.
Read Alicia Meyer's full review
Paul Weber | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 14, 2019

A simple sync that is built into Windows

Support Rating

It was shaky at first and seemed rushed to market, but over the past three to four years the reliability and features of OneDrive have really surpassed most of the competition. If you can get over a corporation having access to all your files there's really no reason to not use a service like this.
Read Paul Weber's full review
Shannon McNamara | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 12, 2019

OneDrive is the best solution for the Microsoft users out there!

Support Rating

I have never had to utilize support for OneDrive before, the UX is great and it's very easy to understand and work with. If I ever do have a question, there is a very robust help guide and center online where I can have all of my questions answered quickly and easily.
Read Shannon McNamara's full review
Michael J Mandeville | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 04, 2019

Best Cloud Storage/Collaboration Software

Support Rating

Getting actual help from Microsoft support is difficult, but there are a lot of articles, forums, etc. with a lot of helpful information to get you through. It's not super difficult to figure out, but Microsoft has done themselves a disservice with the naming schema of Teams, SharePoint Groups, Groups, OneDrive, OneNote, etc. and making the way in which files are accessed look different depending on where you access them from. Navigating to Group/Team files via the browser through Outlook on the Web is different than navigating through Windows Explorer (if you're syncing files), which is different than navigating through the Team application (which auto-creates a 'Group' on the backend which is essentially a SharePoint Team Site but not).
Read Michael J Mandeville's full review
John Carter | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 30, 2019

My review of Microsoft's Storage tool: OneDrive

Support Rating

I am giving this support because it is accessible everywhere. It can be easily checked from your laptop and if you are traveling you can see your files easily on your mobile application. Thus it keeps you at ease everywhere. Plus the features are easy to understand that is why it is user-friendly.
Read John Carter's full review
February 13, 2020

OneDrive - A Great Replacement for Personal Servers

Support Rating

Support is handled internally through our global information technology team, but our internal support team has not complained about the support they receive from Microsoft. They have actually praised the support they receive from Microsoft for encouraging employee adoption and for rolling out new tools.
December 13, 2019

Use it if you have Office

Support Rating

It's a Microsoft product so there is a wealth of information online both from Microsoft directly and from millions of users but as a corporate user we also have access to direct Microsoft support through a variety of avenues (phone, email, etc.). This makes finding answers to issues more accessible, however, it does also mean that any new feature requests will get buried.
January 19, 2020

My experience using OneDrive.

Support Rating

When we needed support for OneDrive, we found it on the Internet, exploring pages and information provided officially by Microsoft. Sometimes we found the answer on other channels, like YouTube. We have not contacted Microsoft support yet, so we cannot evaluate them at this moment.
January 09, 2020

A great cloud storage solution for businesses

Support Rating

I have not had to use tech support for OneDrive because I have not encountered any issues with the product. My organization's computer and technical services department is fluent in Microsoft products, so I would rely on them to address and/or fix any issues that would arise with OneDrive. The help topics in OneDrive have been more than adequate for answering initial questions as I was learning the product.
December 31, 2019

Top notch cloud storage - well integrated with Microsoft apps

Support Rating

The user base of this solution is huge and the vendor of this software, Microsoft, is a tech giant that really cares for their customers. As per our experience, we have received timely and effective support on any problems or matters we had a challenge with. Secondly, because there are so many customers, there is a huge library of FAQs and other similar forums with similar support needs already addresses there. We can use these to help ourselves.
December 19, 2019

Abysmal design and frequent bugs with no Improvement in sight—stay away!

Support Rating

Glaring issues have persisted, unaddressed since I started using the software. User support forums are choked with people asking how to perform basic functions and answers that boil down to "you sorta just can't do that, sorry." Stay away!

Versioning (73)
Video files (84)
Audio files (78)
Document collaboration (90)
Access control (91)
File search (96)
Device sync (94)
User and role management (81)
File organization (92)
Device management (75)
Performance (94)
Reliability (95)
Storage Reports (71)

About OneDrive

OneDrive from Microsoft is a cloud storage and file syncing service.