OneNote Review

December 05, 2019
I use OneNote mainly for copying web addresses and articles into one location. I have multiple tags all for different uses. I find that …

Reviewer Sentiment

Positive ()
Negative ()
Learn how we calculate reviewer sentiment

Document collaboration (50)

Performance (46)

File search (48)

Device sync (51)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of OneNote, and make your voice heard!

Microsoft OneNote

Free

File Sharing & Management

Cloud Storage Security & Administration

Cloud Storage Platform

What is OneNote?

Microsoft's OneNote is a digital note-taking app, supporting photos, annotating, web page clipping, emailing, and synchronizing notes across devices.

OneNote Competitors

OneNote Technical Details

What is OneNote?

What are OneNote's top competitors?

Evernote are common alternatives for OneNote.

What is OneNote's best feature?

Reviewers rate Storage Reports highest, with a score of 9.

Who uses OneNote?

The most common users of OneNote are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees) and the Information Technology & Services industry.

Ausrine Pasakarnyte | TrustRadius Reviewer
As this is not a compulsory tool in our organization, I would say all depends on the decision makers, however since this is a part of MS Office, I am sure we will have it for as long as we will possibly need it. However, I would not be so sure, if it was a separate product.
Jeremy Ma | TrustRadius Reviewer
If you are only interested in using OneNote, without using other MS Office products, then I would recommend using Evernote instead. OneNote does, however, come as part of Office Home and Student, which includes the three base products, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Those products are useful for students as well as most office employees, and getting the package may be worth the price.
I think OneNote is great at what it does. I like what MS has done with it and how they worked it into the product stack as they have. I feel confident that more great things will come in the future though I am quite content with this important application as it is today.