OneNote Reviews

Gavin Scott-Miller | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 09, 2020

OneNote to rule them all.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Our company provides a Microsoft 365 license to its employees. So having the application pre-installed was what made me look into it to begin with. Our company uses it to varying degrees, though I personally use it as a repository of all information that isn't better suited as a full fledged document.
Read Gavin Scott-Miller's full review
Kavita Thakur | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 04, 2020

OneNote for every note

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Our department is using OneNote. I am pretty sure many people in my organization use OneNote. It is an excellent program for multi-user collaboration. I use it to create training manuals so that I can share them with my team. I also use it to manage my own workload. We can make notes, drawings, screen clippings, attach emails, and audio commentaries, which is excellent.
Read Kavita Thakur's full review
March 16, 2020

A very well put together product!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

OneNote is currently being used in my organization. We use it to keep attendance and logs in our meetings. OneNote has allowed my department to keep track of important action trackers and their progress.
Justin Harbin | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 24, 2020

Onenote - excellent for collaborative brainstorming!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

• I use OneNote on a personal level to take notes and brainstorm less formally - integration with the Office for Business Suite, which my institution employs has been a significant reason for my own initial use. I use OneNote to collaborate with other faculty members and stakeholders as we co-design online and blended courses.
  • OneNote is primarily used within the Office of Digital Learning and Center for Teaching & Learning, rather than the entire institution. It provides a cloud-based canvas for brainstorming and notetaking for these teams who do not reside all in one location.
Read Justin Harbin's full review
Jeff Henkel | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 05, 2019

OneNote Review

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use OneNote mainly for copying web addresses and articles into one location. I have multiple tags all for different uses. I find that sometimes when I am researching an issue for a client, instead of printing out the article I tag it under various topics in OneNote. In addition, while I am searching for information on one topic I may run across another topic that sparks my interest. So OneNote has become the one place where I can not only place research topics for current use but also store ideas and resources for future problem solving or brainstorming.
Read Jeff Henkel's full review
Jill Liegghio | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 25, 2019

You MUST, MUST, MUST try OneNote. It will literally revolutionize the way you stay organized.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I began using OneNote when it was released in 2007 as a way to reliably store notes. Prior to this, I used the notes function that existed in our various email programs - which were notoriously unreliable - and paper notes! I use it every day and store meeting notes, passwords, items to save, work instructions, ideas, links to articles - you name it. Our Finance leadership team uses it to keep meeting notes and our IT team uses it for work instructions. We all find it very, very useful.
Read Jill Liegghio's full review
Lukas Sundahl, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 10, 2019

OneNote is the one you need

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

It is being used in our department to keep track of various contract documents. It helps us organize everything that relates to a specific contract in one place. It helps keep everything organized and in a format that allows for expedited retrieval. The time stamp feature allows us to organize content so the most recent updates are at the top.
Read Lukas Sundahl, MBA's full review
Kaleb-John Loo | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 12, 2019

The OneNote You'll Need

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

OneNote is great for taking notes and sharing them within your company. It allows for a lot of customization and has many macros and plugins that make note-taking very efficient. Then, the information can be given to anyone by simply sharing the notebook. OneNote also allows users to access their notebooks from any computer as long as they have access to their account. This means that you can take your notes anywhere and work on them at your leisure. OneNote provides a lot of options and is very easy to use to organize notes.
Read Kaleb-John Loo's full review
Amy Welsh | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 26, 2019

OneNote for Education

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

OneNote is currently being used by our entire organization. We use OneNote Class Notebooks to interact with our students both inside and outside of class. I post content, assignments, assessments, remediation and extension for my students to access. I also interact with my students by providing feedback in their notebooks. We also use OneNote as a way for faculty to collaborate.
Read Amy Welsh's full review
November 07, 2019

OneNote Is Like the Jam to Outlook's Peanut Butter

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use OneNote individually, departmentally, and interdepartmentally throughout the entire organization. It is an excellent tool for capturing notes, meeting minutes, checklists, and project-related tasks. It enables collaboration and improves communication by allowing shared notebooks that multiple users can edit at the same time. It also automatically tags edits with the user's initials who made them, thereby providing a basic level of traceability.
October 21, 2019

One Note is your one stop shop for note taking!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

OneNote is being used on an individual basis throughout the organization. Because it is now freely available, many users use it as their preferred note-taking platform for jotting down notes, action items, and capturing other content for later consumption. OneNote enjoys integration with the Microsoft Office suite of tools and as a result, users enjoy integration with OneDrive for Cloud syncing and other benefits.
November 06, 2019

A must-have if you use MS Office

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use the entire Microsoft Office suite at our company and everything ties into Office. We use Outlook for email, Skype for Business as our chat/virtual meeting environment, OneDrive as our cloud storage, and of course OneNote as the preferred note-taking utility. Everyone in the company has a license for Office, including OneNote and it is the main utility that is supported by our IT department.
December 13, 2019

Awesome Cloud Solution For Managing Documents

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

OneNote is being used by our organization to manage the employee documents in a secure and organized manner. It's very convenient to update and access them at any place, and it helps the HR job get done easier and quicker.
August 12, 2019

OneNote - Great for Note Taking and Task Management

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

OneNote is frequently used by employees within the organization to keep track of information and tasks in Audit. It is used by employees in multiple areas of the organization to keep track of tasks and remember important information given to us by clients.
Jill Dickert | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 06, 2019

OneNote makes collaboration easy!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use OneNote throughout the organization for a variety of needs. My department has created product and operation guides using the platform. It is a great collaborative tool as we are all owners of different products and can utilize the workbook feature to create a comprehensive manual that is easily updated and shared to multiple users.
Read Jill Dickert's full review
May 25, 2019

OneNote the Last Note-taking Software You'll Need

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

OneNote is used by several of the sales agents in my department as a digital file folder. It becomes home to all the important information needed for a sale: web research, budget projections, proposals, important emails from clients, brochures for the client, and anything essential to the travel project we are working on. It is a wonderful way to combine information from different programs into one location. For example, you can easily read emails and a printout of a spreadsheet without leaving the program.
April 16, 2019

OneNote is an excellent tool to house information and can be leveraged to collaborate

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

My entire organization adopted OneNote as a part of our shift to using the new suite of Office 365 applications exclusively. OneNote has helped to streamline collaboration across different organizations and business units at my company. It is an excellent tool for housing and organizing large bodies of information that can be shared with different users or be private. It serves as a scalable option to house anything from meeting notes, agendas etc., across the whole organization.
Joel Brache | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 17, 2018

An Excellent App for Notes

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

OneNote is used to capture notes throughout the whole organization. Many employees open multiple notebooks in OneNote so that they can share information between departments and so that they can segregate information appropriately. We use OneNote as a tool for capturing meeting notes, project information, account information, and just about anything a user wants to keep track of. With OneNote syncing across all of a user's devices, it opens up the ability for employees to look up information wherever they are and whenever they need it.

Now that we have deployed Office 365, the use of OneNote has increased as has the overall productivity of our employees. Not only are notes now on the cloud and no longer on individual computers, but it is much easier to share notes, restore them, and keep them up to date. I always have multiple notebooks open so that I can separate any personal notes from my business notes. I often find myself looking up information on my phone that I entered on my computer. This is extremely helpful in meetings and when I'm out of the office or on my own personal time.
Read Joel Brache's full review
Chris Hecox | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 17, 2018

Review: OneNote

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

OneNote is a powerful tool for personal note taking and client organization. OneNote makes locating specific notes easy using tags and search functions. I use OneNote personally and know others that use it as well.
Read Chris Hecox's full review
Brian Hopper | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 11, 2018

OneNote - Best notebook out there

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We are largely a Google G- Suite company, but we use Office 365 for our Office licensing. I use OneNote for all of my daily note taking when talking to customers, prospects, leads, internal employees, and everything else. It's great because it is designed for note taking and syncs across all my devices.
Read Brian Hopper's full review
Kate Bowling | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 27, 2018

OneNote increases collaboration

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

OneNote was implemented last year as part of our company's migration to the Microsoft Office/Professional Suite. My manager helped roll out the tool from an end-user perspective. Our team provides training, both on-demand and live, for our Microsoft products, including OneNote. We are champions of the tool and try to influence other employees to use it. The ability to share notes from OneNote, edit them with team members, have notes archived and the other integrations with Microsoft tools has really enabled us to work more collaboratively. User adoption continues to grow and as people learn its capabilities, they get excited about the product. I have also purchased products (specifically a Rocketbook notebook) that is a smart notebook and using an app, can send my handwritten notes to OneNote. These types of products and tools that fully enable to work smarter plays a huge role in adoption. I really like OneNote and it's popularity continues to rise at my company.
Read Kate Bowling's full review
December 22, 2018

Great tool for personal prodactivity. Also good for collaborating and sharing info and action iteams

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

OneNote is installed on everyone's workstation, as part of the Office Suite. Individuals can use it as they want, as a personal productivity tool, and also some teams are using it to gather and share knowledge among the team members. In the past, project-based teams also used it as a collaboration tool, to share notes, follow-up tasks etc., but I think this use case is now fulfilled by other products, which are designed for project related collaboration.

Gagan Kanwar | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 13, 2018

OneNote - Move faster by remembering what's next

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

OneNote is being used by a mix of people across teams and departments. It's not being used universally by all teams and functions. OneNote is great for making and organizing meeting notes. It also has a nice iOS app, which makes your notes accessible across devices. Lastly, because it's backed by Microsoft, I feel that my information is a lot safer than it might be with a smaller company that doesn't have Microsoft's resources.
Read Gagan Kanwar's full review

Versioning (31)
Video files (27)
Audio files (29)
Document collaboration (43)
Access control (35)
File search (42)
Device sync (44)
User and role management (24)
File organization (37)
Device management (23)
Performance (39)
Reliability (38)
Storage Reports (16)

About OneNote

Microsoft's OneNote is a digital note-taking app, supporting photos, annotating, web page clipping, emailing, and synchronizing notes across devices.