Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Onshape, and make your voice heard!
Contact sales team
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Starting price (does not include set up fee)
- $1,500 per year per user
Onshape is a cloud-native product development platform with integrated CAD, data management and analytics. Onshape aims to accelerate time to market and improve innovation by:
1) Access: Unlike file-based CAD which is on-premise only, Onshape enables remote access for designers and engineers from anywhere, and on any internet-connected device -including tablets and smart phones.
2) Collaboration: Onshape aims to eliminate the version control problems and blocking of file-based CAD and PDM systems by enabling real-time, simultaneous access and collaboration for designers and engineers.
The vendor boasts over 2 million users who work in Onshape to modernize and streamline their product development cycle. According to the vendor, Onshape users in 170+ countries have logged over 6 million hours modeling advanced robotics, biomedical devices, industrial machinery, agriculture equipment, and consumer products. Onshape is designed to be an anywhere, anytime CAD system. The vendor reports that 1 in 8 sessions occur on mobile devices.
Founded in 2012, the Onshape leadership team includes the original creators of SOLIDWORKS® and other leaders in cloud infrastructure, data security, and mobile. PTC purchased Onshape in 2019.
- Supported: Parts (top-down or bottom-up solid and surface modeling)
- Supported: Assemblies (design in-context, built-in standard hardware and parts linked from documents, single mate)
- Supported: Drawings (fully detailed drawings of parts and assemblies, import/export DWG, DWT and DXF file formats)
- Supported: Data Management (built-in version control and release management tools)
- Supported: Collaboration (real-time simultaneous design, follow mode, comments)
- Supported: Workflow (automate workflows to manage release and revision, custom workflows)
- Supported: Bill of Materials (manage while simultaneously editing and assembly with real-time updates)
- Supported: Configurations (separate tables for each configuration option, configuration variables enable infinite product variations with unique release history)
- Supported: Analytics (monitor project status with Activity, Release, Project and User dashboards, security reviews, global permissions)
- Supported: Integrations (robust REST API, App Store with ERP, PLM, SSO, simulation, CAM)
- Supported: Support (contact support directly in the product, Learning Center with tutorials and instructor led training )
- Supported: Security (role-based access control, AES-256 encryption, optional 2FA and audit logs, SOC 2 Type 2 compliant)
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Languages||English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Chinese (Traditional and Simplified), Spanish|