Ooma Office

Ooma Office Reviews

Do you work for this company? Learn how we help vendors

Ratings and Reviews

Hillary Louarti | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Ooma Office for our transportation business. We use it for customer service and in the back office. It's easy for all of our office staff to use and we're able to customize the incoming call menu, saving our employees time. Pricewise, it's a great option for small businesses.
  • Easy to block robo and spam calls
  • Simple set-up for phone schedules
  • Easy to capture more calls by utilizing call ring-though
  • Better phone modules- they often reboot or say they're disconnected from the base at inopportune times.
  • Quicker updates in call logs
  • E-fax option could be a bit easier
[Ooma Office has] good customer service: this is important in our business as we have 24/7 phone service and rely on any tech issues being solved quickly. The price point is very good for small businesses. Being able to block robo / spam calls with one click is a huge plus as it saves us time on the phone and cleans up our incoming calls for the future.
Jennifer Heagle | TrustRadius Reviewer
Ooma office took what was a very frustrating aspect of our company and simplified it. They also were able to reduce our costs by about $500 per month! The 24 hour support has never left us stranded with problems outside of business hours. We were able to implement our new virtual assistant for call routing very easily and now do not experience misrouted calls or calls with no one there. Robo calls have almost wholly been eliminated.
  • Call Routing
  • Reducing Costs
  • Building extensions
  • I have yet to experience anything that I didn't like in Ooma!
If you are trying to eliminate the need for a live receptionist, Ooma is for you! The automated call routing with the virtual receptionist, provides a professional routing menu for customer to choose where/who they would like to be transferred to easily, just by listening to the prerecorded message. Before our company was plagued with tons of "dead" calls with no one on the other end. Those have almost been eliminated!
September 30, 2021

Love Ooma Office

Michael Maxwell | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it to accept calls, text and video calls with clients. We use the phone application to check voicemail and text along with the desktop application. We do not get any more spam calls and also do not have to give out my cell phone number to clients by calling from my cellphone, you can call from the application using the business number.
  • Customer service
  • How easy the app is on the phone to use
  • No more spam calls
  • Video calls
  • Text messages
  • Fax needs to be able to add more then one page
  • Fax needs a cover page option
Easy to use out of the office with the app on the phone. Can also and call back using your office number. Can receive and text messages. During the tax season will use the video call with clients along with sending text messages to remind clients of appointments. Customer service has been great.
Ooma helps the company in all telecommunication services like Virtual Fax, Phone service, Mobile app service. They also have a windows app. These features help the company to make all the functions easier like attending the calls on personal mobile by using a mobile app and receiving the fax on the email through virtual fax service.
  • VIRTUAL FAX
  • VIRTUAL ATTENDANT
  • CUSTOMER SERVICE
  • N/a
Ooma has the best customer service which helps in all telecommunication issues or troubleshooting. Ooma provides business phone service with the best-calling quality. It also has a mobile app service which is a very convenient way to answer calls. They provide a virtual fax service, which provides the fax on the email.
David Buckley | TrustRadius Reviewer
We were wanting to cut costs on our church's communication budget. Our local telephone company was charging us an arm and a leg for local calling. We were able to switch to Ooma Office, keep our church's phone number, and save 50% on our telephone budget.

I especially like the Ooma app for my iPhone. I am not always at the church office (small staff) and I will get the phone calls transferred to my phone very clearly marked as coming from Ooma and not a personal phone call.

I highly recommend it!
  • Inexpensive
  • User friendly
  • Great communication tool
  • Sales
I am limited in my experience, but it has been great for our small church. For our budget = outstanding. It is user-friendly. It manages many people well - just set it up and it does what you need it to. I would recommend this to any small business for a communication system.
August 28, 2021

Just Amazing

We are using Ooma Office Company-wide. It bridges the gap between our team members and the customer's needs. Now, our customers can choose from options and be directed to the correct office branch or department immediately.
  • Call transfers
  • Clarity and speech
  • Professionalism
  • Computer app optimization
  • Options to correct verbiage and pronunciation
  • More features for texting
Ooma office can be used by small businesses and larger corporations. This product is effective and adds a ton of value to customer service standards. Give your company a more professional feel with an easy-to-navigate directory complete with a virtual assistant that transfers calls smoothly. Allow your customers to listen to music while they wait to be served. You can also add announcements right into your directory with simple setup steps that any receptionist can do.
Josh Bicknell | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Ooma Office for my single-member LLC business, which focuses on educational support services like test prep, tutoring, and language learning online. I use Ooma Office, and particularly the virtual receptionist feature, to route calls for me according to client needs and requests, and I also use it to send calls to my cell phone when I am not in the office.
  • Virtual receptionist feature provides essential information to clients and routes calls appropriately
  • Text messaging feature is great for clients who need to send quick communications
  • Wireless, instant connectivity to their DP1 desk phone makes for easy setup
  • Customer service available through chat essentially just tells you to call anyway, defeating the purpose
  • Some text messaging features are problematic, such as how you can't block a contact
Ooma Office is the best solution out there for those who want the professionalism and clear, consistent quality of a landline but without the expensive price of most landline providers, and without the hassle of installation and contracts typically associated with other accounts. I can see it being flexible enough for just about any sized business to use.
I currently use the Ooma Office platform as my standalone VOIP setup. I've changed offices a few times in the past couple of years and needed a VOIP solution in case I couldn't port over a traditional phone number. Ooma Office has solved that issue for me nicely.
  • Cost effective
  • Solid call quality
  • Easy interface
  • Customer service leaves a little to be desired
  • Calls will randomly drop for no rhyme or reason despite having a steady internet connection
I can only speak for myself being a solo business owner but I would think Ooma Office would work well for just about any organization that is looking for a cost-effective VOIP solution. I can't speak to its effectiveness for larger companies, as I'm just not sure.
July 21, 2021

Excellent

We use Ooma Office for everyone in the company including mobile users. It has allowed us to eliminate the spam callers as well give our mobile and remote users the ability to make business calls - from any device, from anywhere, at any time - without having to worry about any long distance charges, or without giving up their personal telephone numbers (at home or cellular).
  • Organize
  • Simple
  • Good
  • Excellent
  • Transfer
  • Support
Ooma [Office] is our company-wide VoIP service. We are tiny but it allows us a chance to communicate with both staff and patrons in ways that help facilitate all our products and services quickly and easily. It is a well-serviced product that has helped us get every product and need quickly filled and all problems solved fast. Their service and pricing is amazing.
  • Affordable pricing for small businesses
  • 24/7 customer support
  • Easy web function for low-tech employees
  • Bare bones services
  • Hardware selection is minimal
  • No centralized message center
Ooma [Office] is the perfect product if your operation is looking to save money or [does] not need a whole slew of extra features. It isn't going to do things that other VoIP offers, but what it does offer will solve all your needs. It is a very straightforward service that gives you exactly what you need at a price you want, and won't inundate you with extra features that can be confusing.
Ooma Office is being used across the organization, providing a number of solutions including call recording, conference calling, faxing, and more. As a small business owner, my favorite thing is the price tag. I did a lot of research before settling on Ooma Office. They give me a lot of bang for the buck. We get tons of features without breaking the bank, and that’s very important when you are in the growing stages. As far as their customer service goes, their team is very friendly, knowledgeable and quick to respond. They are really set up to keep small businesses running.
  • Virtual assistant
  • Faxing
  • Mobile app
Ooma Office is great for discovery calls because it gives you an option to record. You can always go back and listen to any points you may have missed or need more clarity on without bothering your clients. Also, the virtual assistant makes my company look and sound professional even before I pick up the phone.
October 08, 2021

Easy to use

The virtual assistant feature is fantastic. You can type out the greeting and it is read by the virtual assistant. All of our calls have been routed to the correct person using this feature. It really has been a game changer for our company, with getting customers to the correct person the first time.
  • Virtual Assistant
  • Voicemails to email
  • easy to transfer or conference calls if necessary
  • n/a
If you do not want the mechanical voice of the virtual assistant, you can record your own outgoing greeting. You can also have a call roll to another extension if the person you were trying to call doesn't answer.
Ooma Office gives our business a professional PBX solution without a heavy investment. It's very easy to use, cost effective, and allows for features usually found only on bigger systems. It's also quite scalable which is great when thinking of growing your business. I'd highly recommend Ooma Office to anyone starting or growing a business!
  • PBX
  • Voicemail
  • Scaling more than 20 extensions
Any business that is small or medium sized would benefit from Ooma Office. It's easy to use and can scale with you. They can provide all of the hardware, apps, and the software so it all works nicely together.
We use Ooma Office to solve complex communication issues we faced with a prior phone system--to just work! It helps us do what we do best with what appears to be 100% uptime and great customer service. While it is not perfect, it does the job we need and they take our feedback seriously.
  • Uptime
  • Call Routing
  • Auto Attendant
  • Music on Hold
  • Call Transfer
  • Saving outbound faxes
  • mobile app problems
I continue to recommend Ooma to clients and friends
December 23, 2020

Ooma Office Review

We use Ooma Office for the entire office (all employees). It has helped greatly with our Customer Service department. The excellent various features are all extremely easy for me to set up and manage online on an individual user basis. The Virtual Receptionist helps so much with weeding out any telemarketers and also with connecting our customers, suppliers, and subcontractors to the employees they need to speak with. Everyone at the office really enjoys the Ooma Office system.
  • Excellent selection of features
  • Great customer service
  • Wonderful technical support
  • Could be a bit less expensive
  • A few of our users who aren't as technologically advanced as others found the system overwhelming at first
  • 4 of our new phones that came with our new system did not work and I had to ship them back for replacement units (all free of charge though)
I believe Ooma Office is well suited for a business of any size. It's a great system with so many useful features that are all included with the monthly plan amount. It is especially well suited for organizations with a heavy daily call volume from customers. We find it really helps with our Customer Service department.
  • A receptionist without employing a receptionist
  • Eliminate spam calls
  • Call from any device
  • Work remotely
  • No long distance charges
  • Send and receive faxes virtually
  • Competitors allow for line flexibility; not all companies need a dedicate line for every user and this could lower the costs even more.
Ooma Office is suited for practically everywhere and everyone; however, it can be a little more pricier then some of their competitors that offer line cost flexibility.
Tom Von Braunsberg | TrustRadius Reviewer
As a cleaning service provider we primarily use the phone for communication with our customers. The Ooma phone system has provided us with much more flexibility and capabilities then we ever expected. We now have the ability to take the phones with us wherever we want. In Florida this is an excellent feature for disaster planning during hurricane season. Also, the ability to take calls remotely has increase our ability to talk with our customer at first attempt. Many of our staff work remotely which made it difficult to be able to communicate with the customers promptly. Ooma has solved this issue with their mobile application. The web application allows to update settings when ever and where ever we are so changes can be made quickly. Ooma provides the best value with the most practical features a service business needs.
  • Remote system administration.
  • Ease of use.
  • Flexibility.
  • Value.
  • Include voice mail to text message with primary plan.
  • Faxing landscape doc is problematic.
The service is great for the small business owner who was the flexibility of being remote or in office. The system has a very low learning curve which support fast setup and low training needs. The low monthly cost is great for small business and the ability to add on as we grow is a key feature we required. I am not familiar with the corporate level solutions so I can only comment on small business solutions.
Support has be above expectations with every interaction. Calls are handled promptly and escalated quickly when additional expertise is required.
November 30, 2020

Ooma Office

Kristen Fitzpatrick | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have been using Ooma Office for my business for more than 5 years. I love that the voicemails go to my email so if something important comes up on my days off I can follow up. I love using the app to call customers when I am not at the business. This way I am not exposing my personal cell phone number.
  • Ooma App for iphone.
  • Voicemails going to email.
  • I constantly have to reset my password for the app.
Ooma Office is great for small businesses. We have limited hours right now due to COVID so being able to handle so much remotely is super helpful.
Customer service has always been super helpful when I have needed support.
November 05, 2020

Love it! Glad I switched!

Loretta Love Huff ✦ Biz Growth Strategist ✦        Career Catalyst | TrustRadius Reviewer
I'm a sole proprietor. I've been in business over 20 years as an HR consultant, Executive Coach, Business Coach, Marketing Consultant and Keynote Speaker. I just have one Ooma number but it rings through to all of my devices. I was able to 'port' the business lines I had with other providers so people could still reach me if they had an 'older' phone number. Ooma Office is more cost effective than other phone systems/providers I've used. The set up was a bit tedious for me but their customer service is terrific! They guided me through the entire process!
  • Customer service is terrific!
  • Pricing is cost effective.
  • Quality of calls is impeccable.
  • The set up was a bit tedious for me and I'm a bit of a techy! As I recall, the manual seemed hard to follow.
I have a home based business. So just one phone line was needed. It's still a great investment.
They are excellent! They're knowledgeable, helpful and patient!
Arthur Zepeda | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Ooma Office full time in my business. I especially like, and appreciate, the ability to call out on my personal cell phone using the Ooma app and having the call appear that it is coming from my business!
  • Virtual receptionist.
  • Voicemail.
  • Clear calling from the phone app.
  • Fax.
  • Call clarity.
  • Online access to text messages.
I have referred Ooma to many of my business colleagues! I will continue to do so!
We have multiple lines used for phone calls and faxes. We used the [Ooma Office] mobile app heavily as we are now working from home. The savings switching from previous phone provider has been tremendous.
  • Inter phone conferencing
  • Phone clarity, no distortions
  • Mobile app access
  • Faxing has to be done thru website access
  • Integration of phone contacts on mobile app changes my caller id for those contacts
[Ooma Office is] well suited: companies with high internet speeds, saving money monthly, working remotely

Less appropriate: faxing, phone conferencing with customers
December 30, 2020

Pharmacy Review

You get the benefits of a PBX phone system in a user friendly easy to program format providing full flexibility. The virtual assistant provides a much needed benefit to filter out, screen, and direct calls effectively and efficiently. Reliability and stability issues do arise but they can be fixed with a simple power cycle or a restart.
  • Virtual Assistant
  • Easy to program
  • Easy to Set up
  • Reliability
  • Stability
  • Troubleshooting efficiency
Overall [Ooma Office] is a great product and would recommend. It is cost effective, productive, and useful. The downfalls are glitches that will probably be fixed with future updates. Customer services is great however it can be hard to diagnose certain issues remotely. Issues happen approximately once a month but can easily be managed.
I find the anonymity of using the cell phone app and not having to show my cell phone number for privacy reasons has been great. I really like my Ooma Office service. Their tech support has been wonderful always. I rarely fax but having the virtual fax number is great and I love how is goes to my email so I know I received a fax I was waiting for while being out of the office.
  • Automated call forwarding.
  • Virtual fax.
  • Virtual receptionist.
  • Cell phone app could be a little easier to use.
  • Ooma Desktop needs some tweaking to make it more user friendly.
  • I would like my 800 number to be assigned to my personal mailbox vs. having to have its own extension.
For me, a one-man business I find the service to be flexible and having enough features for the price makes Ooma a winner in my book.
They have always responded quickly, They have worked well with me. They make it simple to understand and not make me feel stupid. They are always pleasant to deal with.
December 05, 2020

Oooh Ooma!!

Ooma Office has made mobility a reality in our office. We are able to take calls from anywhere and keep in communication with each other as well. The features of this product are easy to use and customer support is exceptional. The set up of the equipment is easy and tech support is there to help you along the way 24/7.
  • Mobility
  • Call forwarding
  • Virtual receptionist
  • The app needs more functionality.
  • No other issues to report room for improvement.
  • No other issues to report room for improvement.
Ooma Office is well suited for scenarios in which you cannot be physically in your office; you can use the app to take, make, and forward calls. The voicemail to email feature allows you to keep up with all pending messages, and the fax to email and conference lines make communications that much easier.
Wendy White | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am the Facility Manager for one of our company's properties. When I took over this particular property, I was very disappointed with the existing LEC's phone service and pricing (my background is in telecommunications, 22+ years). I have been impressed with Ooma Office throughout the entire life cycle of sale, install, and ongoing support. We are currently using their VoIP service at one location as a test site. I love the ease of customization and their "Virtual Receptionist". I can quickly and easily notify customers with a customized announcement about critical information as soon as they connect with our office number. It streamlined processes resulting in more efficient use of time. We had a super smooth port from our old carrier over to Ooma, with practically zero downtime! We have reduced monthly phone service costs by nearly 60% at this location. When we begin converting our corporate office and other properties over to Ooma, we will be able to connect to each other inter-location, just as if we were dialing an extension down the hall! That means additional savings/more efficient internal communications. Last, but certainly not least, Ooma's Customer Service/Technical Support ROCKS!
  • Ease of IVR customization: Allows my business to adapt quickly to an ever-changing business economy
  • Plug and Play application: I was up and running within minutes of opening the box with the equipment in it!
  • Find Me, Follow Me for remote access: No matter where I go, I can bring the office with me.
  • Simple, Straightforward Billing: I recognized savings from day 1; my monthly invoice stays the same every month!
  • One of my areas for improvement was already answered when you were able to establish functionality for MMS messages! yay!
  • There can be a significant delay when receiving text messages. Sometimes, if somebody texts to my office number, it doesn't show up in my app until the next day, UNLESS I happen to go in there and look for something.
  • My mobile device used to ring a couple of times when an office call was being received, even if I didn't have it forwarded to my cell. That no longer occurs, and if I don't consciously look at missed calls, I miss some notifications of calls.
The only thing I "forget" about sometimes is that I now only have a corded handset and can't pick up the phone and take it with me on the property. This is an equipment constraint, not an application problem. I just need to upgrade my phone! I can't really think of anything else.
I have always had my question, concern, issue resolved to my satisfaction; most of the time on the first call. I can think of 2 times my issue had to be escalated to next level support, but I was kept well informed of the progress, etc. I get a live person whenever I call, and everyone I have ever spoken with has been super friendly, yet very knowledgeable and professional!

Ooma Office Scorecard Summary

Cloud PBX (3)
Hosted PBX (18)
Multi-level Interactive Voice Response (IVR) (22)
Directory of employee names (31)
Call Management (5)
Call screening (34)
9.6
Message alerts (40)
9.9
VoIP system collaboration (1)
Audio conferencing (31)
Mobile apps (2)
Mobile app for iOS (36)
Mobile app for Android (30)

What is Ooma Office?

For businesses of all sizes, Ooma provides advanced voice and collaboration features which they describe as flexible and scalable.

With plans starting at $19.95 per user per month, Ooma Office is available without contracts or long-term commitments so as to make it easy for a small business to scale its office phone system with Ooma as its business grows.

Ooma Office features include:

• Unlimited Calling in U.S., Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico
  • Free Local Number– Keep your existing number or choose a new one for free.
  • Virtual Receptionist allows you to manage and route incoming calls easily
  • Mobile App– manage business phone calls from your cell phone.
  • SMS Messaging through the Ooma Office mobile app.
  • Call Park
  • Flexible Numbering
  • Company Directory
  • Call Logs
  • Conference bridge for up to 10 callers
  • Forward calls during device outages
  • Fax Online
  • 7-Digit Dialing
  • Call Blocking
  • Intercom

Advanced Features (Ooma Office Pro)

• Call Recording
  • Enhanced Call Blocking
  • Overhead Paging
  • Voicemail Transcription
  • Higher usage limits for: Extension Monitoring, Call Park, Audio Conference Room Participants

Ooma Office Features

Cloud PBX Features

• Supported: Hosted PBX
  • Supported: Multi-level Interactive Voice Response (IVR)
  • Supported: Directory of employee names

Mobile apps Features

• Supported: Mobile app for iOS
  • Supported: Mobile app for Android

Ooma Office Screenshots

Ooma Business Phone Mobile AppOoma Office Pro Desktop AppCustomizable Virtual ReceptionistConfigure System Settings through Ooma Office Manger Online Portal

Ooma Office Downloadables