Ooma Office Reviews

Wendy White | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 29, 2020

Great Job Ooma Office!

I am the Facility Manager for one of our company's properties. When I took over this particular property, I was very disappointed with the existing LEC's phone service and pricing (my background is in telecommunications, 22+ years). I have been impressed with Ooma Office throughout the entire life cycle of sale, install, and ongoing support. We are currently using their VoIP service at one location as a test site. I love the ease of customization and their "Virtual Receptionist". I can quickly and easily notify customers with a customized announcement about critical information as soon as they connect with our office number. It streamlined processes resulting in more efficient use of time. We had a super smooth port from our old carrier over to Ooma, with practically zero downtime! We have reduced monthly phone service costs by nearly 60% at this location. When we begin converting our corporate office and other properties over to Ooma, we will be able to connect to each other inter-location, just as if we were dialing an extension down the hall! That means additional savings/more efficient internal communications. Last, but certainly not least, Ooma's Customer Service/Technical Support ROCKS!
  • Ease of IVR customization: Allows my business to adapt quickly to an ever-changing business economy
  • Plug and Play application: I was up and running within minutes of opening the box with the equipment in it!
  • Find Me, Follow Me for remote access: No matter where I go, I can bring the office with me.
  • Simple, Straightforward Billing: I recognized savings from day 1; my monthly invoice stays the same every month!
  • One of my areas for improvement was already answered when you were able to establish functionality for MMS messages! yay!
  • There can be a significant delay when receiving text messages. Sometimes, if somebody texts to my office number, it doesn't show up in my app until the next day, UNLESS I happen to go in there and look for something.
  • My mobile device used to ring a couple of times when an office call was being received, even if I didn't have it forwarded to my cell. That no longer occurs, and if I don't consciously look at missed calls, I miss some notifications of calls.
The only thing I "forget" about sometimes is that I now only have a corded handset and can't pick up the phone and take it with me on the property. This is an equipment constraint, not an application problem. I just need to upgrade my phone! I can't really think of anything else.
Read Wendy White's full review
Adrienne Gould-Choquette, P.E. | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 01, 2020

Recommend Ooma wholeheartedly; no reason to look anywhere else.

We use Ooma for our business mainline, employee personal line, and virtual fax. I have it connected to my cell phone so I can receive and place calls "from the office" regardless of if I am at the office or at the beach. There is no degradation of quality versus a standard cell phone call. I never felt the need to look anywhere else.
  • Their price is competitive.
  • Very customizable and scalable.
  • Exceptional sound quality.
  • Their online user interface is a little cumbersome.
  • You have to pay extra for a transcript of voicemails (but I love that voice mails are sent to my email so I can add the actual voice mail to project files).
I have a very small business, so I answer the phones. It has allowed me to cut way back on telemarketers and robocalls so I can focus on work and clients. Even though I rarely use fax, I now have a virtual fax machine that works exceptionally well and is reliable and hassle-free. I am not sure how it would work if you had a larger team, but for me and my needs, I feel no reason to look anywhere else.
Read Adrienne Gould-Choquette, P.E.'s full review
Tony Tierno | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 22, 2020

Ooma Office telephone service is a serious product, without a budget killing price.

Setting this up was a breeze and more importantly as we have grown to 3 offices with teams on the road we have been able to upgrade our services as needed by the user to fit with their needs to get their job done. I especially appreciate a few important features. I like the ability to set a location so that the call is routed to the proper 911 if needed in an emergency. I also like the reasonably priced equipment and flexibility. We upgraded our phones to the Ooma provisioned Yealink phones with 2 lines each and the setup was done in about 10 minutes. It took me longer to hook up the cables under my counter than it did to get the phone up and running with two lines.
  • Interface is extremely easy to use for setting up lines and users.
  • Customer service is easy to work with and solves issues quickly.
  • Nice variety of equipment options for flexibility.
  • Being able to use less expensive equipment rather than ONLY Ooma provisioned would be nice.
  • Ability to use the desktop and recording features as part of the standard package.
I believe Ooma is well suited for about 95% of office users. Larger call centers may have difficulty but by-and-large this product is appropriate for almost any business application. Especially businesses with multiple locations that need simplicity when setting up service as well as a much lower cost than a standard phone company phone line.
Read Tony Tierno's full review
Rocky Stone | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 22, 2020

Low cost basic VOIP service but has it's cons

I am an IT Consultant for small business organizations. I use Ooma Office for my own business and I have customers that use it as well. So far it has proven to be a stable, reliable, and affordable small business VOIP platform.
  • The Ooma App allowing you to answer incoming and place outgoing calls using a mobile device (such as a cell phone) is very useful if you spend a good deal of time away from your office as I do.
  • The Efax service for each user is a plus.
  • As a small business, the built-in automated receptionist presents a much-improved image of my business to callers.
  • The fact that you can choose to continue to us your existing non-VOIP phones can be a plus.
  • If you already have your own VOIP phones you will not be able to use them with Ooma. Even though provisioning VOIP phones is not that difficult Ooma's tech support DOES NOT provide support or information to provision phones. They are the only VOIP business provider that I know of that doesn't.
  • The Efax usage is not as user friendly as most other Efax services. Instead of using email to send a fax (like may other services do) you must log in online to your Ooma portal to use the Efax. Very cumbersome if your industry uses fax a great deal.
  • Ooma considers 20 or less users to be a Small Business and to use the Ooma Office which limits your use of their inexpensive service. Any company with more users must use their Enterprise service at a higher per user cost.
Ooma Office has a limit of 20 users, more than that and you must use their Enterprise service. But for a 20 or less (total) user business that needs the basics of a VOIP phone service and DOES NOT already have VOIP phones or wishes to continue using standard telephones Ooma is a very affordable and capable VOIP service.
Read Rocky Stone's full review
Pete Norris | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 22, 2020

Ooma Office from a small business perspective

I use Ooma Office in my individual business office. The Virtual Receptionist or auto attendant answers the incoming call and rings the phone on my desk. The Ooma App on my cell phone also rings for an incoming call. During after hours the Virtual Receptionist routes the call to the voicemail.
  • The Virtual Receptionist feature increases the level of professionalism for my business.
  • The Admin Control Panel is intuitive and simple.
  • The billing is simple and straightforward.
  • Setup features for the Virtual Attendant are flexible.
  • The Admin has to log out before logging back in to the Control Panel as a User. That extra step is not needed and is a waste of time.
Ooma Office is exactly what I need for my small business office. The price is slightly less than my previous VoIP provider charged for a business telephone service. There are not any extraneous and unnecessary features that would clutter the Control Panel.
Read Pete Norris's full review
Jennifer Aiksnoras | TrustRadius Reviewer

Simple, Affordable, and Great for Small Business

I began using Ooma Office on a recommendation from a colleague. As a small Yoga studio owner I was in need of a VoIP system that would allow me to reduce the number of unnecessary calls as well as to direct clients to the most appropriate information. Calls are directed to my office, cell, or personal line dependent upon the selection chosen by the caller. It has helped to filter out spam and reduce how much time I waste answering the phone. The virtual assistant manages most everything for me.

After closing my brick and mortar it was easy for me to continue receiving calls without the hassle of dealing with the telephone or internet companies. No one would ever know that everything is now being routed through my home office.
  • The administrative assistant eliminates spam calls.
  • Call forwarding allows routing to the best number.
  • The price point is reasonable for small businesses.
  • Direct recording to the administrative assistant would make changing the message easier.
Ooma Office is great for those wishing to use a VoIP system to manage calls. I like it because it reduces the number of calls coming into my cell phone and keeps the number private from spammers. I also like being able to filter out robo-calls because of the need to choose a number prior to accessing a real person.
Read Jennifer Aiksnoras's full review
Kenya Ramos,  CRIS | TrustRadius Reviewer

Great VoIP Service!

Midwest ROI is currently using Ooma across our entire organization. It makes it so easy to transfer calls to users or ringing groups. Its so easy to use even while working from home.
  • Easy to use and set up.
  • Call logs by extensions.
  • Ringing groups makes our customer service better.
  • Getting voicemails via email make it easier to forward voicemails.
  • Ooma app can use improvements, it makes it hard to sign in.
  • When transferring calls directly to an external device I would prefer it gave more details on the call ID.
  • Offer BAA's - we would like to use the faxing function but can't since there are no BAA's offered to ensure HIPAA laws are being complied with.
Great VoIP service it is a great solution as it is easy to configure and set up. However, I wouldn't use their faxing capabilities unless they can ensure they can protect the ePHI we would receive and/or send.
Read Kenya Ramos, CRIS's full review
JB Floyd | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 21, 2020

If you are looking for a great office phone solution, this is it

Our whole organization is using Ooma. We have Ooma for an affordable and powerful phone system. It addresses this need perfectly. With home workers it makes it easier to control and save data and address issues quickly. We have found it to be affordable and easy to use and very little training needed.
  • Customer service.
  • Affordable phone solution.
  • Billing ease.
  • None, we have no issues.
We have found it perfect for a small office need. I am not sure about larger needs. For small office and multiple locations needs we have found them to be spot on with not one issue to report. Any glitches have been handled with perfect CSR reps and super fast.
Read JB Floyd's full review
Krystian Vinson Morales | TrustRadius Reviewer

All Small Businesses Can Benefit from Ooma Office

Ooma Office is used across our entire company. The virtual receptionist feature allows us to have all the benefits of a receptionist without needing an additional employee. I love that when customers call, they can access the virtual receptionist. They can find answers to commonly asked questions without needing to speak to an employee. The virtual receptionist feature also allows customers to directly contact their desired party with an extension.
  • Virtual receptionist.
  • Call forwarding.
  • Emailed voicemail files.
  • Very affordable.
  • Voicemail transcription.
  • When call forwarding, incoming calls could say they are from Ooma app.
Ooma is great for small businesses who have a reliable internet connection. The switch from a major provider to Ooma was simple and painless. We are saving a significant amount of money each month by using Ooma Office for our phone service. Ooma might not be appropriate for a large scale company with several extensions.
Read Krystian Vinson Morales's full review
Sharon Bieganski-Negron | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 16, 2020

Great affordable, quality business phone service.

I use Ooma Office in my freelance business. As a sole proprietor Ooma Office has helped my businesses by providing quality business telephone services at an affordable rate. Additionally I am able to field calls easily and customize my client's experience. It is also helpful to have the option of forwarding my calls to my cell phone so that when I am mobile I won't miss a call.
  • Affordable rates.
  • Super easy setup.
  • Calls are clear.
  • Desktop App is only available at an upgrade from the base rate.
Ooma Office is well suited for a small office or home office. It can be used exclusively with your smart phone if you don't want or don't need a desktop phone. It is very simple to set up whether you are working from home or part of a larger company.
Read Sharon Bieganski-Negron's full review
Aaron Hynes | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 16, 2020

Excellent versatility for the price.

Ooma Office is being used by all of our staff. We appreciate the versatility it gives us, with being able to dial from a soft phone on the computer, or from our own cell phones. This last aspect has been critical, since we're all working from home due to the coronavirus. Ooma Office is versatile, effective and has exceptionally competitive prices.
  • Versatility.
  • Call quality.
  • Easy to use.
  • The web-based UI glitches out occasionally.
  • I'd like the mobile app to open directly to the dial pad.
  • I wish it was easier to transfer calls from the mobile app.
Very well suited if you have a desk phone, and you need the mobility to use on your cell phone.
Read Aaron Hynes's full review
Liza Deever | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 30, 2020

Loving Ooma So Far

We use Ooma Office as our main phone line; it helps us manage calls, takes messages, and assists us in having all the information we need to call back a potential client or current client.
  • Records and saves messages with the caller's phone number.
  • Answers calls that I cannot get to because I am with a client or at court.
  • Forwards calls to my cell phone that are not being answered in my office.
  • Sometimes the connection is spotty or conversation is choppy/unclear.
I think it is a good product for a solo practitioner or attorney working on his/her own because it is helpful like an assistant would be in answering calls, forwarding messages, etc. and is priced competitively (not a high-risk monthly cost; no contracts).
Read Liza Deever's full review
July 23, 2020

Happy Ooma Office users!

Ooma Office is our business phone telecommunication, we have a small family business, so everyone uses it. Now that it allows us to send and receive text, we are able to reach our customers without spending a long time on the phone. I like that we're able to use the app on our phone, tablets, and computer.
  • Cost effective.
  • Usage on different platforms.
  • User friendly.
  • Needs to allow attached files or pictures on the text messaging app.
  • Have it, so it's all connected on all platforms.
  • Spam blocker?
It's a great pricing for 3 lines, toll number, fax... The fax app is pretty simple and useful for those that still use fax, and I like how I am able to delete junk faxes.

I'd like to see the app on our mobile devices have more versatility. I'd love to have the ability to attach PDF for invoicing or purchase orders, since now, everyone is connected to their mobile devices.

Ooma is the Easiest and Best for the Home and/or Virtual Office

Ooma Office helped us make the transition from a physical office setting to home offices for each of our employees. We use the virtual assistant to direct all calls from our "old" office number to our cell phones. Everything has worked like a charm! There was hardly any learning curve in setting up the software and getting our contacts used to calling a "virtual" number. They reach us instantly and if we are not available can easily leave voice mail in each employee's mailbox.
  • Virtual assistant
  • Call forwarding
  • Voicemails
Ooma Office has fit well into our scenario. We needed a way for our churches and their staff to reach us quickly and without difficulty. Ooma Office has met both of these requirements. On top of this, the costs are reasonable and we did not have to enter into any long term contracts!
July 17, 2020

Ooma Office - It Works Great, Offers Expandability, and It's Low Cost

Used across whole organization. Allows remote access to work from home and if internet or power is not available. Also allows texting & receiving texts. Also has virtual fax and virtual conference rooms that we use often for phone conferences with clients and vendors. A great, robust system that is reasonably priced.
  • Remote access to receive calls, voicemails, and make remote calls from your extension showing the corporate main line number.
  • Allows texting and receiving texts- great to verify your business through Google.
  • Virtual Conference rooms work with little effort and are dependable.
  • Ooma has the features I want. I don't think I need anything else.
Works great for one business phone line or multiple extensions. Even supports ring groups and voice mails via email. Love it.
July 17, 2020

Great phone option for business

The whole organization uses Ooma for our phone system. We have a desktop phone but also mobile and fax lines for each employee. We also enabled the text messaging feature, so everyone can text from the company's main number or their own direct number. Each person has an extension off the main number and their own direct number, as well as their own digital fax (works like a normal fax but you can send a PDF or receive and it turns into a PDF) number.
  • Pricing - much more reasonable cost than our previous hard line phone system.
  • Convenience.
  • Ease of use.
  • Connection issues.
  • Calls dropped every once in a while.
  • You have to make sure the app stays up to date.
For companies where employees can work remotely, the mobile lines are key. Desktop phones can almost not even be used for everyone. Consider having desktop phones if everyone is in the office and makes a lot of calls. Otherwise the mobile lines are pretty much all you would need. It is great as employees take their phones with them anyway, and we found that employees don't like to carry around 2 cell phones. So just having the app and a dedicated work line solves the issue.
July 16, 2020

Ooma Office is a Great SMB Solution. Just get it and save a bunch of money!

Ooma Office supports our official company phone number. We use it in the office, our laptops, and through the mobile app. It is being used by everyone in the office. Ooma Office solved two main business problems. It reduced our phone and fax service costs significantly and it provided easy mobile access to calls and messages.
  • Consolidated phone and fax services in one.
  • Saved over $100.00 a month.
  • Provides a mobile app that is easy to access and use.
  • Provides a desktop solution that is easy to access and use.
  • None, for us, but...since I have to identify some...
  • Desktop phone app could be included in basic plan instead of extra.
  • Voicemail transcription could be included in basic plan instead of extra.
It is a perfect small business solution where you have a strong and reliable internet connection and want to port your existing # and use your existing phones. That was our case which is why it has worked out very well. The monthly cost savings was significant which made the upfront cost for the device easy to accept.
July 16, 2020

Ooma Office provides us high quality, great support and saved us a bunch of money vs Verizon!

Ooma Office replaced our Verizon landline service for about 1/3 the price and with many more features of which we really use a few. The ones we like best are:

1) Low price and high quality voice.
2) Virtual assistant
3) Mobile app letting us make or take calls that appear to be from the office wherever I am with cell or internet service!
4) Ability to easily use my existing analog phones.
5) Voice messages delivered via email.
6) Call history and tracking.

I'm very pleased with Ooma Office and even with our very basic use it's made our business life simpler and more efficient.
  • Voice mail delivery via email.
  • Mobile app giving office phone access while out and about.
  • Saving significant money over Verizon.
  • The mobile app could start ringing sooner.
This is a small business office. I'd say no more than 30 or 50 extensions. Not really good for large business. In my case we are in the center of the target market for Ooma. I like the mixed connectivity too: analog and IP phones make for a lot of good options.
July 22, 2020

Ooma provides a reliable connection to the customer

It is our primary business phone system. We use it for phone and fax across the the whole organization. It provides the link to phone calls for our business.
  • IP phone systems
  • User friendly
  • Great customer service
  • Inexpensive
  • Better interface with computer systems
  • Better hands free devices
  • Back massages
I am a small business and run a tight budget. We need a business phone and fax service. They fit the bill and provide an excellent choice of services.

Hosted PBX (4)
Multi-level Interactive Voice Response (IVR) (10)
Directory of employee names (10)
Answering rules (16)
Message alerts (15)
10.0
Audio conferencing (10)
Mobile app for iOS (14)
Mobile app for Android (12)

About Ooma Office

For businesses of all sizes, Ooma provides advanced voice and collaboration features which they describe as flexible and scalable.

With plans starting at $19.95 per user per month, Ooma Office is available without contracts or long-term commitments so as to make it easy for a small business to scale its office phone system with Ooma as its business grows.

Ooma Office features include:

• Unlimited Calling in U.S., Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico
  • Free Local Number– Keep your existing number or choose a new one for free.
  • Virtual Receptionist allows you to manage and route incoming calls easily
  • Mobile App– manage business phone calls from your cell phone.
  • SMS Messaging through the Ooma Office mobile app.
  • Call Park
  • Flexible Numbering
  • Company Directory
  • Call Logs
  • Conference bridge for up to 10 callers
  • Forward calls during device outages
  • Fax Online
  • 7-Digit Dialing
  • Call Blocking
  • Intercom

Advanced Features (Ooma Office Pro)

• Call Recording
  • Enhanced Call Blocking
  • Overhead Paging
  • Voicemail Transcription
  • Higher usage limits for: Extension Monitoring, Call Park, Audio Conference Room Participants

Ooma Office Features

Cloud PBX Features
Has featureHosted PBX
Has featureMulti-level Interactive Voice Response (IVR)
Does not have featureUser templates
Does not have featureCall reports
Has featureDirectory of employee names
Call Management Features
Has featureAnswering rules
Has featureCall recording
Has featureCall park
Has featureCall screening
Has featureMessage alerts
VoIP system collaboration Features
Does not have featureVideo conferencing
Has featureAudio conferencing
Does not have featureVideo screen sharing
Does not have featureInstant messaging
Mobile apps Features
Has featureMobile app for iOS
Has featureMobile app for Android

Ooma Office Screenshots

Ooma Office Competitors

RingCentral, Vonage Business Communications, 8x8 X Series (Formerly Virtual Office)

• Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
  • Entry-level set up fee?Optional

Ooma Office offers plans starting at $19.95 per user/month with no contracts, ever.

Ooma Office Support Options