July 05, 2018
Score 10 out of 10
We are an IT company that supports dental practices, and Open Dental is one of the practice management softwares that we support. Open Dental is incredibly easy to support and set up, and works very fast on even older PCs. It's open infrastructure allows third party plug-in creators to make pretty much anything that a dentist may need to integrate with their practice management system. The price is great as well. The interface is easy to learn, with a very low learning curve for new users. Open Dental is an easy recommendation, having worked with all major dental practice management softwares.
- User Interface is simple to learn
- Integrates well with all imaging programs
- Support techs are amazing, and remember your name when you call
- It's cheaper than almost all alternatives, but the value is higher
- Lots of plug-ins are available
- Awesome user community of dentists that love to talk about how they've incorporated plug-ins and other features
- Lots of reports to choose from, or you can make your own
- There are a few AR reports that would be nice to have as a template, so you don't have to make it on your own
Read Dan Gospe's full review
Open Dental is suited for any dental practice, even with older equipment. It works great with XDR for imaging, but also will integrate with any other imaging on the market. Open Dental's appointment layout is easy to navigate, and you can get into charts with just a click. Employees who are learning the software have it easy compared to some of the other alternatives.