Reviews (1-1 of 1)
Moodlerooms is used in our school and in our program as a way to incorporate blended learning into the classroom for students. The best way to use this tool is to place students in specific classes and rooms to be able to control and manage assignments, conversation, and workload. We use this across our entire department of 5 teachers in the organization and other teachers integrate it on their own. However, our entire department has adopted utilizing this platform in some way, shape or form. This addresses the major problem of needing to be able to organize students into specific sections to control communication, promote conversation and inclusion, and to focus on online learning. Face to face education is supported by the online Moodlerooms platform.
- Something that Moddlerooms does very well is that it allows teachers to structure their online classroom as one focused curriculum.
- Moodlerooms also allows for customization of the layout. Being able to add and remove certain functions that Moodlerooms can perform definitely helps.
- Moodlerooms is able to add different types of activities to the rooms for increased interaction.
- Moodlerooms provides large chat opportunities to all students that are online at the same time.
- Easier to change permissions.
- Adding the ability to tweet.
- Decrease bandwidth to improve back end loading times.
Read Christopher Power's full review
I currently use, talk about and promote all educators using Moodlerooms. The functionality that Moodlerooms provides is unmatched in most software. It is well suited in all educational realms. Teachers that teach all online electronic courses could use this to post assignments online, separate the classes and post a variety of assignments, tasks, and activities. Additionally, in blended situations where some students are face to face and sometimes working at home, the Moodlerooms makes it easy to education and be a hands-on teacher and a hands-on learner. Less appropriately, I find using Moodlerooms in some of the private sector industries could be tougher. Moodlerooms provides people and content management, and to use it in advertising or marketing and accounting, it could be difficult to find an easy use and function for it.
Open LMS (formerly Moodlerooms) Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is Open LMS (formerly Moodlerooms)?
Open LMS (formerly Moodlerooms) is an open source learning management system for educational institutions, formerly supported by Blackboard, and now part of the Learning Technologies Group.
Categories: Learning Management
Open LMS (formerly Moodlerooms) Pricing
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?No
|Enterprise||Contact for custom quote|
Open LMS (formerly Moodlerooms) Technical Details